Why do people hate Gamestop?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#51 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I like the Gamestop near me. I have no complaints.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#52 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

the ebgames by where i lived was tight. the people knew waht they were talking about. they all left casue of couse career fufilling now is it. anyway after they left it was TRASH. and gamespot bought EB. it got worse. out of 5 local store, only 1 store is good to go to for info. and the employee...is a girl.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
aint you guys a bit over-exaggerating, i been to gamestop into d-ware and conn, at all locations, and none of the employees seem to treat me bad at all. actually theyre real nice because one time i was short of a dollar to get rbv2 and he said forget about it, it just a dollar, so he let me off the hook. i like gs alot.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
I guess I'll just never understand the ABSOLUTE NEED to have an unopened, no-one-has-breathed-on-it-since-it-came-from-Asia copy of a game. If the case, game, and inserts are all there and in perfect condition, is it really that big a deal? You're just going to take it home and open it.
djHaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 djHaQ
Member since 2005 • 1872 Posts
People at GameStop may not know anything about video games, but I have absolutely no problem with GameStop. I make most all of my purchases and trade-ins there. I preordered the limited edition of MGS4 there and later went back to pick up the Metal Gear Saga Vol.2 DVD (containing MGO beta voucher) without having to present my receipt or anything. The guy knew I preordered.
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts

Because they seem to have a "we hire incompetant jerks" policy. I will walk in and ask for something that is on the counter or in the case behind them (multiple copies) and they will say they are out of stock. That is unexceptable.GSU28

Well said. For most stores. I have one store that accually pays attention and semi-cares about it's customers.

Edit:

Mypersonal worstexperience was when I when to buy a PS3. They were 360 fanboys kept on telling me that I would be happier with a 360. Yet I have never looked back because I had done my research and wanted what I wanted.

fishbonium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 fishbonium88
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Because their stores are organized horribly, they push stuff on you, and Electronics Boutique was soooooo much cooler and easier to shop at.

wilmepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 wilmepe
Member since 2005 • 173 Posts
I have no problems with gamestop. No one can force you to buy something you don't want. Sure some of the employees aren't the brightest but thats why we are members of this site so we can get the info before we go and buy the games. If you want better prices look on the internet.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
The high prices and low buyback prices. That's the only reason for me.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
if it keeps making them BILLIONS---why would Gamestop quit their business practices? Would you?

[QUOTE="feryl06"]it hasn't stopped them from making BILLIONS in profit, each year so I assume more people love them, than hate them. :)LocalGod_TM

or 95% of the people in the world are morons, and are too oblivious to know whats goin on let along make rational purchases... so they feed like sheep on gamestops fodder and keep the buisness going... we are minority TC my friend, 5% is only a small piece of the profits:P

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
People hate GameStop because they don't sell cookies :|.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#62 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
A lot of it is about how the store operates... and the fact that Gamestop seems to have gotten significantly worse since buying up EB games (which managed to be even **** and it doesn't help that they've effectively got a monopoly on the market. There are simply no other stores anywhere that will do anything with used games/systems/accessories. I didn't begin to really hate gamestop until they've basically shut everyone else out and started really offering a poorer amount for trades. And the utter lack of any competing stores that will deal in used product gives them a competitive monopoly, so basically we either have to sit there and take it like a **** or not do business at all. For **** sake, there isn't even a pawn shop around here to go to for used games. :(