Uncharted Demo feedback

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

id agree that HS looks better but it had one thing drake doesnt have all the anti lasting issues and jaggies[QUOTE="XturnalS"]just got done playing it and man, it is really fun, i really enjoyed it. the graphics are really good, i think heavenly sword honestly looks better but they still look great. As for gameplay: well this is where it really shines, the aiming system is great, and being able to switch which shoulder ur looking over is great. The cover mechcanic is brillant and reminds me of GeOW which is a good thing. the melee battles are brillant. and animation and the viscial feeling u get from it are tremendous. This just shot to pre-order status for me. and one last thing the platforming is really easy, intuitive and most importantly fun. Tomb raider be damned.....this is a great demo, and based off this demo, the game should be incredible.Nolan16

And HS had some screen tearing.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts

Ok so forget tiny little animation things. How many animations does master thief have? Yea thats what I thought! Is the game that good? I wont download it yet, to much CoD for now. But I know quite a bit about the game already. So,, so far so good than. truenextgen

master chief is in first person so you cant really see animations....

oh and btw congrads for being the first person to bring up halo when it has nothing to do with the topic

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts
which ones arent realstic where he punches in the thin air back and fourth? where you expecting mortal kombat punching animations on a action adventure gun survival game?
Iv[QUOTE="Nolan16"]not even the demo dude lol your swinging at thin air push that square button by an attacker for the 100th time you will see over 100 of melee animations.ocelotcougar
I've done all that. I like the melee animations against enemies and stuff, but the others aren't REALISTIC.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
[QUOTE="mastamo"]

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.ocelotcougar

you're an idiot

I'm an idiot for not seeing the 100,000 animations I was promised? I know if I'm practicing boxing, I don't swing in just two locations, like Drake does when you melee with no one around.

You know they kill bot fans in the marines lol. I come from a family of them.

jsmak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jsmak
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I just downloaded it and played it. I want to say that this demo was awesome. Ive been borderline with this game just because of Lair and HS not really living up too what they were suppose to be. But i left this demo truly happy because im gonna buy this game day 1. The graphics are are truly a work of art. I was an awe looking at this game on a SDTV, i could only imagine this game in 720p. The games controls are tight. I did raise the sensetivity up on my gun just because i felt it was a bit slow. To my suprise the cover system works awesome. and the bottom line is i had a really fun time playing it. One thing to note, its super cool how if you run in water his clothes get wet, but his hair doesnt **** up. lol i know im knitpicking. Also, the last thing i thought was super cool was that you can jump on the corner of ledges and not just the side, it makes the platforming part more real and easier. Also it can be a rocky edge, it never has to be straight. This game is a lot of fun, and this was just a demo of the combat. If the game has a great story which i hope it will, and some good extra content, than i can easily see it getting 9.0 and higher. One last thing i didnt like, the enemies are kind of cheap as far as taking bullets. You have to shoot for the head or it will at least take 3 or 4 shots to kill them.
forgot_my_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 forgot_my_name
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="jackle2071"][QUOTE="ocelotcougar"][QUOTE="mastamo"]

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.kevy619

you're an idiot

I'm an idiot for not seeing the 100,000 animations I was promised? I know if I'm practicing boxing, I don't swing in just two locations, like Drake does when you melee with no one around.

One word! DEMO!!!

The game comes out in less than two weeks...

How big would the demo be if they included every single animation?

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

yeah my college connection is pretty crappy.... should take around 11hrs or so lolsmallfry506

Yeah me too! I hate the connection speed of the dorms!! They are terrible! A 5 minute download at home would be at least an hour here!

adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 adumar94
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

The graphics are stunning, and I like the animations. Everything felt very smooth and fluid.

This and the R&C demo are, in my opinion, the best demos that have been on the PSN. I can't wait for the full game to be released.

forgot_my_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 forgot_my_name

[QUOTE="smallfry506"]yeah my college connection is pretty crappy.... should take around 11hrs or so lolJCMac120

Yeah me too! I hate the connection speed of the dorms!! They are terrible! A 5 minute download at home would be at least an hour here!

At least your not on dial-up. Not only can I not connect without buying a special kind of modem and tricking it to run through my laptop, but it would take 4-5 days to download. And you can't use the phone when your on the internet with dial-up. I'd say you are lucky compared to me..

Paznos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Paznos
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Very amazing demo, Best Graphics on a console this gen IMO. Can't wait for it to come out, first day buy for me.
sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="KrazyC18"]

found the bad part about the demo..... ITS SHORT :'(

jetway2211

Heavenly sword short ? lol ?

Nope. Not Heavenly Sword short.

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
just played it and I gotta say , this demo is Awesome and I'm definitely buying this game along with Kane&Lynch Dead Men hopefully that same week.
alex77k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 alex77k
Member since 2004 • 352 Posts

Even though Uncharted is not the type of game I like, I enjoyed the demo. I died like 4 times the area where you fight after opening the second gate. I loved how they threw the granades at me.

deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
DAY 1 enough said
BTBAM127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BTBAM127
Member since 2006 • 2522 Posts
is the actual game going to be in 1080p?
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"][QUOTE="mastamo"]

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.jackle2071

you're an idiot

One word! DEMO!!!

Quoted for truth. I don't think shadowboxing is what he's got on his mind. Try actually playing the game and engaging enemies, then you'll see how much the animations rock.

swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
[QUOTE="jackle2071"][QUOTE="ocelotcougar"][QUOTE="mastamo"]

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.kevy619

you're an idiot

One word! DEMO!!!

yes, but this demo was finalized weeks ago. ND have had a lot of time to add a lot of extra spit and polish by the time the game hits retail.

wmattm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 wmattm
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts
This demo was really good, and now I know the game will live up to the hype. This is now a must buy for me on release day. It was awesome.
forgot_my_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 forgot_my_name

is the actual game going to be in 1080p?BTBAM127

No, 720p.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

i'm at 30% after about 30 minutes, should be done in an hourbeavisofcod2

That math does not add up maybe 1 hour 40 minutes.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Gunrock
Member since 2003 • 120 Posts
regarding the boxing comment, thats the thing, Drake is no boxer, He's an adventurer, and more than that hes more average like a normal person, so he doesn't know boxing (just an example not saying you think he does) he doesn't know what punches give the most damage, He's just trying to survive, so maybe you wouldn't punch like that but others might cause thats how their bodies react with out any kind of training. just saying.
G10mgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 G10mgs4
Member since 2007 • 1490 Posts

[QUOTE="BTBAM127"]is the actual game going to be in 1080p?forgot_my_name

No, 720p.

upscales to 1080p, im playing it in 1080p right now

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

[QUOTE="beavisofcod2"]i'm at 30% after about 30 minutes, should be done in an hourwooooode

That math does not add up maybe 1 hour 40 minutes.

That math doesn't add up :lol:
He's right..It will probably be around an hour

dayday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dayday6
Member since 2004 • 635 Posts
I'm buying it day 1.
pstripl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 pstripl3
Member since 2007 • 795 Posts
Damm, I guess I have to buy another game. Too many awesome PS3 games coming out!! I knew this one was going to be great.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="jackle2071"][QUOTE="ocelotcougar"][QUOTE="mastamo"]

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.forgot_my_name

you're an idiot

One word! DEMO!!!

How big would the demo be if they included every single animation?

1.2 gigs id say, do you realy think animations take up huge amounts of space?

fossil2587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 fossil2587
Member since 2003 • 589 Posts
im d/l it now. i cant wait. I was like screaming in school in anticipation. ppl looked at me like i was weird! lol
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts
it can upscale 1080p but its not 1080p native which sucks, and exactly hes not a boxer he's trying to survive and people also complaing about the aiming they made it that way for a reason so he would miss not also be a dead eye in aiming hes just an average joe.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#80 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Still downloading......
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

i think the game looks excellent, The Ai is pretty decent and challenging and it brings me back to good old adventure style games, the controls are something to get used to but their alright, could use some minor tweaking

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#82 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Overrall what would you rate the demo (out of 10)
HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
*sigh* if only i had an american ps3...:(
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
The graphics are quite stunning. I found it exceeded my expectations, especially for a demo. I like the Raiders of the Lost Ark feel with the Gears of War shooting and the Tomb Raider platforming.

My only complaint, I wouldn't mind some cross hairs while I'm under cover so I'm not aiming wildly while hitting my L1 button. Other then that, I think Uncharted is going to be a system seller.

Teyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Teyon
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts

I loved the demo. Can't stop playing it. The depth of field when the camera is close to an object, the motion blur that happens when you spin around quickly, the fade to grey as you die and sudden return to color when you've found enough cover...all great. I love the aiming and how the guns handle. They're very realistic (in real life, there's no auto aim). I also like the switch arm thing. If I had a complaint, it'd be that the demo's too bloody short.

oh, dead bodies not only stick around during your play but if you die and come back, they're still dead...sittin' there rottin' away. :) My mom was over tonight to wish my sis a happy b-day (she lives with me for now) and got drawn into the game. She kept trying to suggest ways to take out the bad guys and said how the intro was like a film. She even got a kick out of the many times the villians dissed me after I died.

hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#86 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
Aw man im hearing all these sick things about the demo yet i hav to wait another 24 hrs cause its 11pm and tommrow i got a test so....ah man, its been 2 hrs and its at 60%.
fossil2587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 fossil2587
Member since 2003 • 589 Posts

This game was absolutly BRILLIANT!!

I have never played a demo like that before or a game for that matter.

It was so much better than any tomb raider game ive played

He moved so realistically and he's a character you can identify with..with movements at least. He doesnt have precise aim..he doesnt have perfect coordination when punching..he fights like a normal person and I love it.

The animations are sick and the demo was a decent size I enjoyed every minute of it.

I loved how u go into the water and his pants get wet(even his shirt)

I love loved loved it and i cannot wait for the game.

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#88 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts
Damn...wish downloads were quicker on PSN
alexmanny01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 alexmanny01
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

I wasreally impressed with this demo.....damn my wallet cant take much more with all the games coming out.

This demo was incredible.

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

Uncharted, one word sums it up- surprising.

Every single first party sony game has lacked on something so far. But Uncharted, so far on the demo, has been quite the solid game. Great graphics WITH no brown everywhere, WITH a good framerate, and WITH a next gen look that most 1st party games from sony have lacked.

Main problem with the gameplay, is that the stick sensativity is set WAYYY too high. I had to turn it down to the point it was almost off to accurately aim. That dead zone the ps3 controller sticks have is pretty bad, so low sensativity has to make up for it.

But now I'm considering playing the full Uncharted game. I'll probably rent it, and then see if its worth buying or not.

sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
I only played it for 10 minutes because I had to eat dinner. Will continue playing it later. So far, everything about Uncharted is gorgeous and beautiful. The water effects and waterfall is amazing to look at. I was pretty blown away by the physics and animations. While Nathan was hiding behind a rock and bullets hitting it. You can see him jerking a bit. When you run out of bullets, the pirates would say he's out of bullets. Everytime I heard that it made me nervous because they would start charging in. Your next move is melee attack them with punch and kicks to get more bullets. This demo has a solid replay value. I can see myself beating it and playing it again and again. The Ai are ruthless. You'll bedeeply drawn into this game from the beginning it starts. I have to agree with many others regarding the intro. It gave me a good laugh. I can't waitto pickup this game when it launches. Naughty Dog, Insomniac, and Incognito F***TheWorld. Expect AAA frommajority ofother sites (except GS lol).
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
i want to get the game for sure but don't want to be spoiled, how much of the story is told (spoiled) in the demo?
masprague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 masprague
Member since 2006 • 614 Posts

hey all,

Not to rain on anyones parade but, I had two instances of freezing in this game. once I got stuck behind a tree, and I was able to reload the checkpoint.....which was ok.

But then I kicked in the gates to the next section and it froze.......

However, the game is great hopefully these issues wont be there in a couple of weeks at launch.

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I'm at 33% after about 45 minutes so in another1.5-2 hours it should be done.Anoch20

I feel bad for you people, downloading this game only took me 20 minutes. Cable internet rocks, I get over 1 MBps.

tomjoetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tomjoetan
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts
Anyone having trouble with the melee attack? it says hit square triangle square but it doesnt work... anyone know?
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
I thought everyting about the game was awesome
Anoch20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Anoch20
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
graphics great, gameplay great, A.I. good, animation top notch(if you just keep hiding, they will come at you blazing), they take cover. If the game has a good enough length and more weapons it should be AAA.
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
So I finally finished downloading and playing through the demo.... I must say I totally fell in love with the game.... I will get it for sure now.
Borat4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Borat4life
Member since 2004 • 135 Posts

This game is great I really like the cover system.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
I love every single thing about this game. My fav has to be the animation.