Uncharted Demo feedback

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts

okay so i just got past the first gun fight, pretty fun, and since i was getting used to it, i actually almost died, and im not bad at games... and now i just melleed some guy so hard core and drop kicked him and it was AWESOME, im still going through and will write more when im done and stuff, so how bout any1 else?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac3ec5507559
deactivated-5ac3ec5507559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5ac3ec5507559
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts
Still downloading, they take me hours, doesnt look like ill be playing it untill tomoro :(
jetway2211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jetway2211
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts
Still at work /cry lol . Almost done tho, 5:30 needs to come more quickly!!!
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
stuck at 47 %... so is it better than expexted?.. well, i'll see for my self..
smallfry506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smallfry506
Member since 2005 • 131 Posts
yeah my college connection is pretty crappy.... should take around 11hrs or so lol
WiiFreak77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WiiFreak77
Member since 2007 • 1291 Posts
I got stuck at 97%. :cry:
beavisofcod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 beavisofcod2
Member since 2007 • 445 Posts
i'm at 30% after about 30 minutes, should be done in an hour
Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts
how are the AI, how are the gfx? what about the controls? what are some Pro's and Con's?
Dyno153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dyno153
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts
I've got to say I'm enjoying this game so far. Graphics are great and the gameplay is fun. I really like this whole cover system where you can jump from one cover to the next. My wallet cannot put up with this month much long.
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KrazyC18
how are the AI, how are the gfx? what about the controls? what are some Pro's and Con's?Jamie_1987

well ive died once, and im playing on normal, and since i have an SD tv, i say graphics are pretty good, and the AI, wow, they're actually seem to ber smart!
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KrazyC18

found the bad part about the demo..... ITS SHORT :'(

jetway2211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jetway2211
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts

KrazyC18

Heavenly sword short ? lol ?

Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts

[QUOTE="KrazyC18"]

jetway2211

Heavenly sword short ? lol ?

Impossible to be HS short, that game demo was just a title screen and end credits, i must have blinked and missed the demo.

Sora311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Sora311
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts
just get the shotgun then you feel just great!
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts

Alright guys the demo is done and over for me my reaction and feed back

Graphics: get a 10 out of 10 so far this is the most beautiful PS3 game I have seen so far featuring no jagged edges what so ever. Beautiful textures, reflections and lighting with flawlessly smooth game play very fluent making this a experience you wont forget.

Gameplay: It's so amazing the smoothness plus the graphical phenomenon this game is it's unreal if you thought COD4 was an enjoyable experience you need to pick this up I was actually walking 70% of the time on the demo just to appreciate all the beauty and because it sucks you in, made me feel like I was in this real life situation the story is gold.

Sound: the music is stunning perfect for that type of game plus the sound affects are out right great in all concepts.

So overall

+ Graphics

+Gameplay

+Sound

-A minor motion blur when the camera is very close to his face, but besides that, that's the only negative of this game

So far for me I give it a 9.3/10

Any ways I need to go back and play threw the demo again i just enjoyed it too much to stop!

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts

Still downloading, they take me hours, doesnt look like ill be playing it untill tomoro :(jellis1992

same here and its getting really annoying.

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
damn i wanna play the demo too...... !!!!!!
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

Graphics: get a 10 out of 10 so far this is the most beautiful PS3 game I have seen so far featuring no jagged edges what so ever. Beautiful textures, reflections and lighting with flawlessly smooth game play very fluent making this a experience you wont forget.

Gameplay: It's so amazing the smoothness plus the graphical phenomenon this game is it's unreal if you thought COD4 was an enjoyable experience you need to pick this up I was actually walking 70% of the time on the demo just to appreciate all the beauty and because it sucks you in, made me feel like I was in this real life situation the story is gold.

Sound: the music is stunning perfect for that type of game plus the sound affects are out right great in all concepts.

So overall

+ Graphics

+Gameplay

+Sound

-A minor motion blur when the camera is very close to his face, but besides that, that's the only negative of this game

Any ways I need to go back and play threw the demo again i just enjoyed it too much to stop!

Nolan16

Any platforming in the demo?

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nolan16
lol well a good 50% of the demo was platforming jumping from obsticale to obsticale the six axis feature where you walk across the log and have to keep straight by not tilting the controller is pretty cool feature as well and the melee was knock your socks off good.
[QUOTE="Nolan16"]

So overall

+ Graphics

+Gameplay

+Sound

kevy619

PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
Demo is amazing. Nonstop, hardcore action. Not as simple as it looks, died a few times already.

And for the people for have downloading problems. Just pause it, wait 15 seconds, and resume. it should restart the send/receive signal and the download shouldnt freeze. Worked for me.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nolan16
oh and one more thing the demo is native 720p i was kinda like aww about that but it still looks great.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kevy619
lol well a good 50% of the demo was platforming jumping from obsticale to obsticale the six axis feature where you walk across the log and have to keep straight by not tilting the controller is pretty cool feature as well and the melee was knock your socks off good.[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="Nolan16"]

So overall

+ Graphics

+Gameplay

+Sound

Nolan16

awesome :) Thats what I wanted to hear!

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nolan16
what are you talking about every time i rolled he did a different animation for me same with melee and crouching behind walls and pillars i didnt see the same animation once in the whole demo where you playing the same game?
I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.ocelotcougar
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ocelotcougar
Stand there and just keep tapping the square button, you'll see what I mean.
WiiFreak77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WiiFreak77
I dont understand the melee. It tells me a good combo is "square, triangle, square" but when I press triangle, nothing happens.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ocelotcougar
I dont understand the melee. It tells me a good combo is "square, triangle, square" but when I press triangle, nothing happens.WiiFreak77
You have to press it in that order, just triangle doesn't do anything.
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts

Stand there and just keep tapping the square button, you'll see what I mean. ocelotcougar

Im pretty sure if you stand still and bash jump in super mario galaxy then it'll get a bit boring.

ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ocelotcougar

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]Stand there and just keep tapping the square button, you'll see what I mean. Devils_Joker_22

Im pretty sure if you stand still and bash jump in super mario galaxy then it'll get a bit boring.

I'm jsut saying, I thought there'd be a little more variety than 2 animations at a standstill.

WiiFreak77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WiiFreak77
Ya, I do press square first but when I get to triangle, I got nothing.
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nolan16
push sqaure at the end of the first hit push traingle at the end of the second hit push square again have to do it in a fluent motion.
queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 queenster08
Member since 2005 • 859 Posts
can we get some pics please?
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nolan16

dude square starts a combo animation of Corse if you just push it in thin air he's going to just swing go running towards an enemy and push square I've seen him do a drop kick a spear a diving body press he does so much crap you just need an enemy to start the animation.

QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]Stand there and just keep tapping the square button, you'll see what I mean.

mastamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mastamo
Member since 2007 • 387 Posts

Haha it took like 5 min for me to get used to the controls. The graphics were amazing. And I LOVED the gameplay (I played on Normal). I died once and I loved the melee attacks!

What I did not like much about the demo was that there was only 1 way where you could go. There was 1 path, and you couldn't go anywhere else; just follow the path. I dont know about you guys but I like wandering around and exploring in games.

Other than that I loved it. I'll give it a 9.5 / 10. I'm going to play it again :D.

TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TurninTricks
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

Uncharted Demo has been pretty sick for me so far. The graffix are amazing, the AI actually aim to KILL YOU, I mean these people want you dead, and if you fall back they will be on your ass and then you gotta fall back some more, untill your cornered and you got no choice but to go trigger happy hoping for the best. If that dont work then chuck some grenades! and if THAT dont work you better hope they dont find you, cause they will EMPTY A CLIP ON YOUR ASS.

I really like the climbing and cover system and even the punch combos are really cool.

This game has left me wanting more. Im giving the demo a 9 outta 10.

G10mgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 G10mgs4
Member since 2007 • 1490 Posts

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

THIS GAME LOOKS TO SIIIIIICKKK

the game play is kickass, it fun as hell

but the graphics, i swear are the best graphics, i have ever seen this gen on any"home" system ever.

if you have not downloaded the demo go do it now, im playing on 1080p 42 inch screen, no jaggies, no slow down no screen tearing at all. THE VISUALLS EAT GEOW, HS, R&C, BIOSHOCK,

TEXTURES POP EVERY WHERE(BU BU TEH 256 RAMZZ) lighting is the best ever in any game controls rock solid kick a, the plays likes its 60 fps, it runs so smooth, buts its only 30fps.

all i have to say is naughty dog has outdone them selves wit this game. im not playing the demo any more till the game comes out, before i spoil my eyes.

now i havent played crysis yet so i will leave pc out of this thread

uhhhhhh, jumps of the pc to go finish the demo.

AAAA FOR ME

AAA EVERY WHERE ELES

G10mgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 G10mgs4
Member since 2007 • 1490 Posts

i mean enimies jump out from every where, the animations look sick. the jump from high rocks, they look around, they tell there partners when i run out of ammo, they tell each other where i am, on the feild. OMG the demo is crazy.

AND EVERYTHING, I MEAN ABOSOLUTELY EVERYTHING CAST A SHADOW, no matter what it is, from the shreads of hair on drakes head to the lil pieces of fabric on his jeans all cast shadows in open light.

Im buying this game first day, i refuse to play the demo any more, because i wont all my excitement to be on the real game and not just the demo

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
damn i wanna play the demo too...... !!!!!!
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I usually dont talk about ratings but ima be TOTALLY shocked if this game is not a AAA
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
Ok so forget tiny little animation things. How many animations does master thief have? Yea thats what I thought! Is the game that good? I wont download it yet, to much CoD for now. But I know quite a bit about the game already. So,, so far so good than.
Anoch20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Anoch20
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
I'm at 33% after about 45 minutes so in another1.5-2 hours it should be done.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ocelotcougar

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.mastamo

you're an idiot

I'm an idiot for not seeing the 100,000 animations I was promised? I know if I'm practicing boxing, I don't swing in just two locations, like Drake does when you melee with no one around.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
[QUOTE="mastamo"]

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.ocelotcougar

you're an idiot

I'm an idiot for not seeing the 100,000 animations I was promised? I know if I'm practicing boxing, I don't swing in just two locations, like Drake does when you melee with no one around.

One word! DEMO!!!
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
just got done playing it and man, it is really fun, i really enjoyed it. the graphics are really good, i think heavenly sword honestly looks better but they still look great. As for gameplay: well this is where it really shines, the aiming system is great, and being able to switch which shoulder ur looking over is great. The cover mechcanic is brillant and reminds me of GeOW which is a good thing. the melee battles are brillant. and animation and the viscial feeling u get from it are tremendous. This just shot to pre-order status for me. and one last thing the platforming is really easy, intuitive and most importantly fun. Tomb raider be damned.....this is a great demo, and based off this demo, the game should be incredible.
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nolan16
not even the demo dude lol your swinging at thin air push that square button by an attacker for the 100th time you will see over 100 of melee animations.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ocelotcougar
Iv
not even the demo dude lol your swinging at thin air push that square button by an attacker for the 100th time you will see over 100 of melee animations.Nolan16
I've done all that. I like the melee animations against enemies and stuff, but the others aren't REALISTIC.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kevy619
[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"][QUOTE="mastamo"]

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I thought it was horrible. I mean, it's beautiful yeah, gameplay works...but the animations...not so much. There's a lot of clipping and weren't there supposed to be around 100,000 animations. It seems very stale. the climbing is stale, the roling is stale, all the animations jsut don't seem to fit.jackle2071

you're an idiot

One word! DEMO!!!

The game comes out in less than two weeks...

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nolan16
i would agree but HS has all the jaggies and antilasting problems drakes shadows and antilasting where damn near perfect.
just got done playing it and man, it is really fun, i really enjoyed it. the graphics are really good, i think heavenly sword honestly looks better but they still look great. As for gameplay: well this is where it really shines, the aiming system is great, and being able to switch which shoulder ur looking over is great. The cover mechcanic is brillant and reminds me of GeOW which is a good thing. the melee battles are brillant. and animation and the viscial feeling u get from it are tremendous. This just shot to pre-order status for me. and one last thing the platforming is really easy, intuitive and most importantly fun. Tomb raider be damned.....this is a great demo, and based off this demo, the game should be incredible.XturnalS