TIME PARADOX! Raiden and Young Big Boss can't CO-EXIST!

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

There is a TIME PARADOX! Raiden and Young Big Boss can't CO-EXIST in the same game. What the hell Kojima??? is he doing 2 METAL GEARs? Guys how would you explain that?? Famitsu magazine just revealed Raiden and a young Big Boss. They just can't co-exist! WHAT THE HELL?

bigboss2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bigboss2324
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i think its gray fox since i cant think of how big boss and raiden could be in the same game. what if this is gray fox unmasked how SICK would that be.
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 THQ88

i think its gray fox since i cant think of how big boss and raiden could be in the same game. what if this is gray fox unmasked how SICK would that be.bigboss2324

dude we're not blind, it's frickin Raiden.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Super Metal Gear Party
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Why can't Raiden just go away? :cry:

Lone_Wolf94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lone_Wolf94
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts

Well gray Fox is a Prototype of raiden in MGS1. So is this before Zansaber Incident?If It would be cool and is the only way to do it. Idk how this would happen with raddien and BB in the same game.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
I have a theory.... There are supposedly two games, right? Maybe the Big Boss one is another portable ops and the Raiden on is MGS5? There's really no way to tie them together. Especially not a cyborg Raiden and young Big Boss. Unless Raiden really did pull some Terminator 2 sh!t and travel back in time to stop Big Boss from ever building Outer Heaven or something like that.... But that'd be nuts!! Dang it I need details!!!!!
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Uh for those who haven't beat MGS4 turn away now for the rest look below Remember Big Boss was still alive at the end of MGS4, clearly that would mean that they co-existed at the same time. Now with all the stuff going on in MGS like Snake aging so rapidly, its possible that Raiden and a younger Big Boss could have co existed like maybe in the time between MGS2 and MGS4 where he saved Sunny.
UOducks521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UOducks521
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Uh for those who haven't beat MGS4 turn away now for the rest look below Remember Big Boss was still alive at the end of MGS4, clearly that would mean that they co-existed at the same time. Now with all the stuff going on in MGS like Snake aging so rapidly, its possible that Raiden and a younger Big Boss could have co existed like maybe in the time between MGS2 and MGS4 where he saved Sunny.

Thats true, but how could boss still be that young looking? Snake eater was set in 1964 or 1970 right? Its been a while so I might have my details mixed up. I do agree that they coexisted in the same time before the end of MGS 4 but I cant figure out the young rendering of Big Boss
mugwuffin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mugwuffin2
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts

man, supposedly Big Boss was burnt to death, then I belived that he was alive as aburnt mushy corpse, but later he was on his feet looking spiffy in his suit (MGS4). If kojima wants to put Big Boss and Raiden together for a mission on the moon he'll write a script somehow for it and you'll eat it up like kobayashi.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Uh for those who haven't beat MGS4 turn away now for the rest look below Remember Big Boss was still alive at the end of MGS4, clearly that would mean that they co-existed at the same time. Now with all the stuff going on in MGS like Snake aging so rapidly, its possible that Raiden and a younger Big Boss could have co existed like maybe in the time between MGS2 and MGS4 where he saved Sunny.

He would have been younger but not THAT young. Who knows. We'll just have to wait for more info.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Uh for those who haven't beat MGS4 turn away now for the rest look below Remember Big Boss was still alive at the end of MGS4, clearly that would mean that they co-existed at the same time. Now with all the stuff going on in MGS like Snake aging so rapidly, its possible that Raiden and a younger Big Boss could have co existed like maybe in the time between MGS2 and MGS4 where he saved Sunny.UOducks521
Thats true, but how could boss still be that young looking? Snake eater was set in 1964 or 1970 right? Its been a while so I might have my details mixed up. I do agree that they coexisted in the same time before the end of MGS 4 but I cant figure out the young rendering of Big Boss

Easy.

The game will star both characters but in different time settings.

You'll be following both and seeing how the events of one affects the other. That's what I think, anyway...

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts

[QUOTE="UOducks521"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Uh for those who haven't beat MGS4 turn away now for the rest look below Remember Big Boss was still alive at the end of MGS4, clearly that would mean that they co-existed at the same time. Now with all the stuff going on in MGS like Snake aging so rapidly, its possible that Raiden and a younger Big Boss could have co existed like maybe in the time between MGS2 and MGS4 where he saved Sunny.Scianix-Black

Easy.

The game will star both characters but in different time settings.

You'll be following both and seeing how the events of one affects the other. That's what I think, anyway...

I second this, I think it would break up the pace very nicely.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

My guess would be dual story lines in the same game, one about big boss after portable ops, and the other about Raiden before MGS4. Two different stories in the same game but at different periods in time but filling in the story gaps that weren't explored upon.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
this is kinda killin me, but ill wait for e3 since its not only a week away. ill see wat the fuss is all about......maybe like mgs4, where raiden was sittin in snakes chair and all of a sudden he takes of his mask and hes SNAKEEEEEEEEEEE, maybe this raiden is actualy grey fox? but i like nephilims idea, maybe theres 2 games one is mgs ops and the other one is mgs5 raiden?
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

TimeSplitters: Metal Gear

/Thread.

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

Super Metal Gear Partyhazelnutman

Pre-ordering.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Uh for those who haven't beat MGS4 turn away now for the rest look below Remember Big Boss was still alive at the end of MGS4, clearly that would mean that they co-existed at the same time. Now with all the stuff going on in MGS like Snake aging so rapidly, its possible that Raiden and a younger Big Boss could have co existed like maybe in the time between MGS2 and MGS4 where he saved Sunny.UOducks521

Well Snake went from a young man to Old Snake in a short period of time, maybe the same happened with Big Boss. Also just because there is a pic of him, that doesn't mean he's in the game, the game could just revolve around his corpse.
analdecap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 analdecap
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

What then funk are you talking about?! Are you referencing anything.... (links)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Perhaps its just two storylines in one MGS game similar to MGS2 where there was Snake on the tanker and Raiden in Big Shell. The difference will, of course, be that they are further apart in the timeline though the stories connect over a similar theme or part of the story. AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Its driving me CRAZZZYY!!
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Can the two co-op in the same time period? Yes, but not at the same age. Big Boss is a normal human, so he ages normally, which means that he would only be young within the 19602 and 70s. However, this debunks the theory in one major way:

At the end of Solid Snake, Big Boss was taken by the Patriots and held in a suspended state. It wasn't until Snake destroyed the Patriots AI that Big Boss (with parts taken from Liquid and Solidus) was awakened from his nano-coma. Hence forth, Raiden would have never come in contact with a 'living' Big Boss between Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4.

bigboss2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bigboss2324
in mgs 3 which was in 1964 big boss was like what...in his mid twenties or early thirties? in mgs 4 which is in 2014 hes still alive so he doesnt age rapidly like snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
in mgs 3 which was in 1964 big boss was like what...in his mid twenties or early thirties? in mgs 4 which is in 2014 hes still alive so he doesnt age rapidly like snakebigboss2324
Correct.
Sitic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#24 Sitic
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts
It's not really going to be a Metal Gear game, Kojima is just screwing with all of our heads! I hope I'm wrong, but I just get that feeling :(.
PayneKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 PayneKiller
Member since 2005 • 2247 Posts

Big Boss has so many clones tho, how can we even know if that is the original Big Boss? Who says its a 'real' image it could be a rendition for Raiden's training as I heard someone speculate before. Maybe Big Boss was using something to suppress the effects of aging up until just before MGS4? We don't know enough right now, and given the Metal Gear storyline there are still endless possibilities.

PayneKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 PayneKiller
Member since 2005 • 2247 Posts

Can the two co-op in the same time period? Yes, but not at the same age. Big Boss is a normal human, so he ages normally, which means that he would only be young within the 19602 and 70s. However, this debunks the theory in one major way:

At the end of Solid Snake, Big Boss was taken by the Patriots and held in a suspended state. It wasn't until Snake destroyed the Patriots AI that Big Boss (with parts taken from Liquid and Solidus) was awakened from his nano-coma. Hence forth, Raiden would have never come in contact with a 'living' Big Boss between Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4.

Legendaryscmt

Sadly, Kojima can twist what you believe any way he wants to and somehow link a new turn of events to "what really happened". Don't count anything out, not with Kojima.

Avatar image for Msk1191ASSASSIN
Msk1191ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Msk1191ASSASSIN
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
can i ask u for help? I wanto to know where the link is to Famitsu's article so I can see all this as well. Will somebody please post a link, thnx??
analdecap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 analdecap
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

This is just Kojima messing with us again. Remember right before Mgs4 they released that weird trailer with young solid snake.

Here's the link to the countdown.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html

Avatar image for Msk1191ASSASSIN
Msk1191ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Msk1191ASSASSIN
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
thnx bro.
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

You know, you could be right. Maybe raiden is a clone of gray fox

i think its gray fox since i cant think of how big boss and raiden could be in the same game. what if this is gray fox unmasked how SICK would that be.bigboss2324

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
correct me if im wrong but wasnt solidus the exact clone of BB maybe its not BB's pic that your looking at but solidus. i dont know how solidus and CYBORG raiden would be together but who knows right... well kojima does
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gohansephiroth

correct me if im wrong but wasnt solidus the exact clone of BB maybe its not BB's pic that your looking at but solidus. i dont know how solidus and CYBORG raiden would be together but who knows right... well kojima doesriver_rat3117

He was the closest exact clone of big boss but that's not him since his eyepatch is on the wrong eye. So its definitely Big Boss, so my guess would be that it's his appearance after portable ops because there's a huge period of time between then and the original Metal Gear that could yield a number of stories to explore. And Raiden's part in the game would probably be in a different time period than Big Boss's so I don't think people should try to figure out how they would fit in the same time period.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

man, supposedly Big Boss was burnt to death, then I belived that he was alive as aburnt mushy corpse, but later he was on his feet looking spiffy in his suit (MGS4). If kojima wants to put Big Boss and Raiden together for a mission on the moon he'll write a script somehow for it and you'll eat it up like kobayashi.

mugwuffin2
This post is truth. :lol:
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nephilim83

Apparently someone translated the Famitsu article and discovered a PSP and PS3 game that interconnect with one another. They say its supposed to be 7 years after MGS4 and that "Big Boss" its actually another clone who starred in MGS 1, 2, and 4. They say his age is deceptive.... I dunno if I believe it but if you guys wanna read it for yourselves.... Check it out!

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="LinktheCloud"]

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

dude we're not blind, it's frickin Raiden.

You are the same guy who thought Big Boss was Solid Snake :P

No, he simply said that Big Boss was Snake. And he was. He was Naked Snake. He never said anything about Solid.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nephilim83
Also, I would like to add to everyone's Grey Fox theories. Gray Fox was in Portable Ops with the code name Null. He was a brain-washed war-machine. He was blonde with brown eyes and used ninja like CQC moves. Oh, and a big Machete. After Big Boss defeated him he took him under his wing and into his ranks. He became one of the very first members of FoxHound.
SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SirOWNZalot86
Member since 2008 • 695 Posts

"im so excited... and i just cant hide it! im about to lose control and i think i like it!"

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
Does this mean Kojima has just messed up the spacetime continuum?
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Well, maybe we're getting two chapters?

We get the time where Big Boss traveled the world after Portable Ops..

Then we get the story of Raiden between MGS2 and MGS4?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Denji

Apparently someone translated the Famitsu article and discovered a PSP and PS3 game that interconnect with one another. They say its supposed to be 7 years after MGS4 and that "Big Boss" its actually another clone who starred in MGS 1, 2, and 4. They say his age is deceptive.... I dunno if I believe it but if you guys wanna read it for yourselves.... Check it out!

Nephilim83

Well, that was my first thought when Akiba showed himself. He kinda looked like Snake, but I doubt it.

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
Seriously Agent H this is getting Tiring ... Why not just make one thread and just update the Title ... instead of making like 18 different threads.
ShadyPropGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ShadyPropGuy

Theres only two ways i think this could work

either theyre gunna reveal a new portable ops and mgs 5

or they find out theres a new clone of big boss

but the way i think of it is that Kojima has pretty much been able twist his stories from the begininng to make it "make sense" in later games.

for instance SPOILER

in the first metal gear solid i doubt he knew that he'd make the darpa chief end up to be sigint in the third one, to be revealed as the same person in the fourth.

(wow thats sound like no sense) so pretty much theres no way to expect how big boss and raiden will be able to be in the same game based on the information given on the countdown timer

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Denji

Seriously Agent H this is getting Tiring ... Why not just make one thread and just update the Title ... instead of making like 18 different threads.navstar29

Agent H doesn't have the ability to reason when it comes to anything Kojima related. He'll probably just get banned again like the last time and come back as someone else. Just like around MGS4 :lol:

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gohansephiroth

or they find out theres a new clone of big boss

ShadyPropGuy

I really hope there isn't another clone, I mean 3 was pushing it. And what point would another one serve? Ahhh my head, Kojima your enjoying this aren't you?

Blue_Namek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blue_Namek
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts

Silverbond
Because he's a good character contrary to what you people think.I actually like Raiden more than Snake,because Ninjas are GOAT.
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 THQ88

Silverbond
Hell if I know :evil:
ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#48 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
maybe it isnt big boss. Maybe its Solidus trying to copy Big Boss. Maybe its Raidens back story with Solidus as he grew up as a child soldier or something? huh?
Crackhoer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Crackhoer
You guys forget that Solidus Snake has the same genetical code as Big Boss. and he raised Raiden as a child soldier when he was younger. I'm thinking the game is about Raiden, his past and his future.
Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

All these discussions - easily the best marketing ploy I've ever seen in my life - genius' at kojima productions