TIME PARADOX! Raiden and Young Big Boss can't CO-EXIST!

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
You guys forget that Solidus Snake has the same genetical code as Big Boss. and he raised Raiden as a child soldier when he was younger. I'm thinking the game is about Raiden, his past and his future.Crackhoer
You also forget that Solidus didn't lose his eye until the harrier scene in MGS2. Even then it was his left eye not his right. Why would he wear a patch over his perfectly good right eye just for the heck of it? ;)
ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#52 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
[QUOTE="Crackhoer"]You guys forget that Solidus Snake has the same genetical code as Big Boss. and he raised Raiden as a child soldier when he was younger. I'm thinking the game is about Raiden, his past and his future.Nephilim83
You also forget that Solidus didn't lose his eye until the harrier scene in MGS2. Even then it was his left eye not his right. Why would he wear a patch over his perfectly good right eye just for the heck of it? ;)

yep
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

I don't know what the deal is, but I can't wait.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Nephilim83
Apparently the color orange is significant for some reason or another. In the Famitsu pictures both "Raiden" and "Big Boss" have orange on them. Raiden's left shoulder is orange, and half the symbol on Big Boss's hat is orange. Then there are those crazy adds out in Japan that show a box with an orange exclamation point over it while the box itself says "The Oranges", and the other one is an orange soda can with Ocelot on it that say's "Orange Soda Ocelot." WTF??? What could this all mean? MGS: The Orang Box??? :P
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
The famitsu article clearly says that it will be over more than one time period.
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Apparently the color orange is significant for some reason or another. In the Famitsu pictures both "Raiden" and "Big Boss" have orange on them. Raiden's left shoulder is orange, and half the symbol on Big Boss's hat is orange. Then there are those crazy adds out in Japan that show a box with an orange exclamation point over it while the box itself says "The Oranges", and the other one is an orange soda can with Ocelot on it that say's "Orange Soda Ocelot." WTF??? What could this all mean? MGS: The Orang Box??? :PNephilim83

MGS: The Orange Box :shock: I don't know, but all of this guessing is getting me anxious. All I know is I want to play as Raiden, but then Snake Eater was so great so I want to play as Big Boss as well. Hopefully it is a game that goes through different time periods and fills in the gaps thats left in the story.

lukas1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lukas1051
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

Maybe he got so confused with all the stupid characters and plot twists, he forgot.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

There is a TIME PARADOX! Raiden and Young Big Boss can't CO-EXIST in the same game. What the hell Kojima??? is he doing 2 METAL GEARs? Guys how would you explain that?? Famitsu magazine just revealed Raiden and a young Big Boss. They just can't co-exist! WHAT THE HELL?

THQ88
And why on earth didn't you post that in the thread about it instead of making a new one?
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

Please don't put raiden in it.He's a whinny little woman that they tried to make better by making him look like Gray Fox.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#61 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Uh for those who haven't beat MGS4 turn away now for the rest look below Remember Big Boss was still alive at the end of MGS4, clearly that would mean that they co-existed at the same time. Now with all the stuff going on in MGS like Snake aging so rapidly, its possible that Raiden and a younger Big Boss could have co existed like maybe in the time between MGS2 and MGS4 where he saved Sunny.UOducks521
Thats true, but how could boss still be that young looking? Snake eater was set in 1964 or 1970 right? Its been a while so I might have my details mixed up. I do agree that they coexisted in the same time before the end of MGS 4 but I cant figure out the young rendering of Big Boss

That could be solidus & the game could be about raiden's youth. Basically, pre-mgs2.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#62 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

Here's my guess.

MGS collection.

Remake all MGS in MGS4 graphic and put all 4 games together into one giant game.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#63 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

Here's my guess.

MGS collection.

Remake all MGS in MGS4 graphic and put all 4 games together into one giant game.

:-\ So, remake all mgs games with next gen graphics? OH BOY!!! Mgs 4 with mgs 4 graphics.....yaaaaaaaaaaay.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Unless of course they can time travel. :o

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

Unless of course they can time travel. :o

kingdre

Metal Gear LOST :roll:

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

The game according to Kojima will have different time periods.

dark-spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dark-spartan
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts
I think it will be like mgs2......where you will play as raiden for helf of the game and then as Big boss for the second half of the game but in a different time setting. But i think it will be hard to write a script for that. anywaysz....we'll get to know later on....
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TriangleHard

Well what I think is that young big boss represents beginning

Raiden represents the end.

Beginning and the end of our heros sort of.

That's what I think

ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ANIALATOR136
I think it will be like mgs2......where you will play as raiden for helf of the game and then as Big boss for the second half of the game but in a different time setting. But i think it will be hard to write a script for that. anywaysz....we'll get to know later on....dark-spartan
I predict COD4 style storytelling seeing as western techniques and ideas are coming into the project according to Mr Kojima
SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SirOWNZalot86
Member since 2008 • 695 Posts

Maybe he got so confused with all the stupid characters and plot twists, he forgot.

lukas1051
dude you are a kojima hater i bet your pissed now that these boards are flooded with MGS topics lol you tried to stop me too, now look! hahahahahaha
SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SirOWNZalot86
Member since 2008 • 695 Posts
[QUOTE="THQ88"]

There is a TIME PARADOX! Raiden and Young Big Boss can't CO-EXIST in the same game. What the hell Kojima??? is he doing 2 METAL GEARs? Guys how would you explain that?? Famitsu magazine just revealed Raiden and a young Big Boss. They just can't co-exist! WHAT THE HELL?

nethernova
And why on earth didn't you post that in the thread about it instead of making a new one?

shut up i love these new threads taking over the board, saves me time from having to find one, plus its the will of the people... obviously the majority of people on this board are hyped and concerned with whats going on with this title... if you dont like it then maybe you should go to another board...
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Maybe Kojima is actually making Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="SirOWNZalot86"][QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="THQ88"]

shut up i love these new threads taking over the board, saves me time from having to find one, plus its the will of the people... obviously the majority of people on this board are hyped and concerned with whats going on with this title... if you dont like it then maybe you should go to another board...

Also, they should blame GS for not making a freakin' sticky. They have one for inFamous and MGS at the top of System Wars, but not here??? WTF!?
noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts

sad to say thats not big boss. its a clone. looks like ul be playin as ninja raiden nd the clone is a bad guy. i rather play a prequel of big boss tho.....playin as a ninja in mgs:S

santi12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 santi12345
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts
Looking at the picture, in Big Boss`s beret it says: "Militaires sans Fronteires" which is french and means "Miitaires without frontiers"...any thoughts about this? Also, Kojima mentioned that in the interview Famitsu made!
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xmitchconnorx

[QUOTE="UOducks521"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Uh for those who haven't beat MGS4 turn away now for the rest look below Remember Big Boss was still alive at the end of MGS4, clearly that would mean that they co-existed at the same time. Now with all the stuff going on in MGS like Snake aging so rapidly, its possible that Raiden and a younger Big Boss could have co existed like maybe in the time between MGS2 and MGS4 where he saved Sunny.MusashiSensi
Thats true, but how could boss still be that young looking? Snake eater was set in 1964 or 1970 right? Its been a while so I might have my details mixed up. I do agree that they coexisted in the same time before the end of MGS 4 but I cant figure out the young rendering of Big Boss

That could be solidus & the game could be about raiden's youth. Basically, pre-mgs2.

That's not Solidus, he didn't lose his eye until MGS2 and he lost his other eye anyway. And how could it be about Raiden's youth if he's in all that ninja gear.

Also: To anyone who thinks that it's not Big Boss, it has to be. There are no more Snakes, and why would a Big Boss clone already have an eye patch?

It's Big Boss.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Nephilim83
Maybe he was just dressin' up like his daddy?? lol
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Why can't the game start in the past then have the story jump to the future? Why can't the game star Raiden, but the story be about the legacy of big boss?

Frankly, there are a ton of different ways to have the two in the same game. Frankly, I think it is extremely short sighted to just assume that showing both photos means they are co-existing in the game.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Nephilim83
Looking at the picture, in Big Boss`s beret it says: "Militaires sans Fronteires" which is french and means "Miitaires without frontiers"...any thoughts about this? Also, Kojima mentioned that in the interview Famitsu made!santi12345
Actually, that's more accurately translated as: Soldiers Without Borders. That was big boss's motto he adopted from gene along with the funds to build Outer Heaven in Portable Ops. I really think this is either a Big Boss story or this "clone" is super obsessed with becoming the original and is playing out his old role. Kojima said in Fumitsu that the "old man" would be building a base. So that would work out either way. What I wanna know is what's with all the orange?? The orange on the symbol, orange on "Raiden's" shoulder and the "Orange Soda Ocelot" can and the "The Oranges" box with the orange exclamation point hovering above it..... The color orange is VERY significant here. I just wish I new why. Maybe instead of MGS4 + Oxide its MGS4 + Oranges? :P
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

If everyone is saying different time periods then that has to be wrong. Would Kojima really be that obvious?

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TriangleHard

It would really suck if this is just VR missions with online play.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 xmitchconnorx

It would really suck if this is just VR missions with online play.

TriangleHard
Haha, oh man, the internet would explode.
ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ANIALATOR136
Maybe it Just is Big Boss and Raiden. Either way we will probably find out in about 5 days. Its gonna kill me!
SoOpinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SoOpinha
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts

if that man isnt big boss at all, than kojima is risking ruining the plot a bit to mutch, i mean more clones?! and this one is exactly exactly like big boss, i mean the face is really the same, look at the "scars" in his cheeks, the eyes, the eyepatch the same.

or its either Big boss or Solidus ( if i remember solidus had this complex about being like his father what would explain the eyepatch and eventually raiden reference)

wich could mean a raiden based story (bah, i miss you solid snake )

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="UOducks521"] Thats true, but how could boss still be that young looking? Snake eater was set in 1964 or 1970 right? Its been a while so I might have my details mixed up. I do agree that they coexisted in the same time before the end of MGS 4 but I cant figure out the young rendering of Big Bossxmitchconnorx

That's not Solidus, he didn't lose his eye until MGS2 and he lost his other eye anyway. And how could it be about Raiden's youth if he's in all that ninja gear.

Also: To anyone who thinks that it's not Big Boss, it has to be. There are no more Snakes, and why would a Big Boss clone already have an eye patch?

It's Big Boss.

Great post. Good job ending that speculation..

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

man, supposedly Big Boss was burnt to death, then I belived that he was alive as aburnt mushy corpse, but later he was on his feet looking spiffy in his suit (MGS4). If kojima wants to put Big Boss and Raiden together for a mission on the moon he'll write a script somehow for it and you'll eat it up like kobayashi.

mugwuffin2
For some reason I laughed so hard at that Kobayashi remark :lol:
mecadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mecadas
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

what about the skull in his head??

MeMichael182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MeMichael182
Member since 2003 • 99 Posts

Does anyone remember the guy who looked exactly like raiden in MGS3 when you infiltrated one of the warehouses. That was during big boss's time. Unless theres an explanation as to who he was.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

Maybe you play different timelines in MGS?

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 xmitchconnorx

Does anyone remember the guy who looked exactly like raiden in MGS3 when you infiltrated one of the warehouses. That was during big boss's time. Unless theres an explanation as to who he was.

MeMichael182
Major Ivan Raidenovitch Raikov. I'm pretty sure that was just a joke and a way to put Raiden in MGS3, it didn't have any real significance to the overall story. You even see a poster of Raiden in the locker where you hide Raikov when you have to knock him out and steal his uniform.