The Official PS3 JRPG Thread! ( 56k??) ( updated)

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#51 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
This is a pretty good thread.. Shout outs to Final Star for doing this because gamers like us need as much updates as possible for RPG's :) I'll be on this thread just as much as I am on the LBL and will be on my FFVersus XIII thread as much also.. Let's keep this thread alive as much as we can for the good entertainment and social goodness
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Thanks for the great list. I never heard of Neptune before, and what do you mean by "system wars"? Besides that, are there any boys in that game at all? I can't wait for Agarest 2!!!Pvt_r3d

The game is truly about Ssytem Wars. in the game you'll see PS3/Xbox360 and Wii all in Human forms taking the shape of girls :P. basically your fighting in this gaming industry fighting evil and piracy etc. the game still has tons of info about it. i wrote down some great points on my blog or u can check out the link i posted too. expect more to come when it hits the English side

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 finalstar2007

This is a pretty good thread.. Shout outs to Final Star for doing this because gamers like us need as much updates as possible for RPG's :) I'll be on this thread just as much as I am on the LBL and will be on my FFVersus XIII thread as much also.. Let's keep this thread alive as much as we can for the good entertainment and social goodness Young_Charter

Thanks so much :). i will try my best to keep on updating it with many info as possible as well. cant wait for next Month. the true month for all RPG announcments! im hoping for an epic trailer for Versus XIII. also amazing thread you got there for Versus XIII. hopefully it comes our side next year :)

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]This is a pretty good thread.. Shout outs to Final Star for doing this because gamers like us need as much updates as possible for RPG's :) I'll be on this thread just as much as I am on the LBL and will be on my FFVersus XIII thread as much also.. Let's keep this thread alive as much as we can for the good entertainment and social goodness finalstar2007

Thanks so much :). i will try my best to keep on updating it with many info as possible as well. cant wait for next Month. the true month for all RPG announcments! im hoping for an epic trailer for Versus XIII. also amazing thread you got there for Versus XIII. hopefully it comes our side next year :)

Hopefully it does!! I want Disgaea 4 to come out! but I cant to buy pt 3 again n play
Avatar image for ClankNRatchet44
ClankNRatchet44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 ClankNRatchet44
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts
Great thread. makes me really happy
Reiji-Arisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Reiji-Arisu
Member since 2009 • 651 Posts
Now I have something to look forward to.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Young_Charter
It's a time now for RPG's to come this gen.
Sev_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Sev_the_gamer
Member since 2010 • 220 Posts

Nice thread final star, looks well made, i still hope they give us FFvs13 gameplay so i could die inside form the EP1CWNESS! but still i got to ask since your a fan of Jrpgs, do you like the SGT/person games?

But for real, the only thing that could make the list better is KH3 and persona 5 ;)

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

Ugh, grammar....

Anyway, the only one I'm looking forward to on that list is FFVXIII. XIII was good, but still a major disappointment.

In fact, I'd like it if Normura just rushes the game and gets Versus over with so I can finally get KH 3.... :evil:

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Young_Charter
I have a lot of Versus XIII updates on my official thread.. Check it out sometime if u like
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 finalstar2007

Nice thread final star, looks well made, i still hope they give us FFvs13 gameplay so i could die inside form the EP1CWNESS! but still i got to ask since your a fan of Jrpgs, do you like the SGT/person games?

But for real, the only thing that could make the list better is KH3 and persona 5 ;)

Sev_the_gamer

Thanks :) tho hmm what exactly is SGT? :P.. im hoping for tons more games to be announced next month at TGS for PS3. cant wait

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Sev_the_gamer"]

finalstar2007

Thanks :) tho hmm what exactly is SGT? :P.. im hoping for tons more games to be announced next month at TGS for PS3. cant wait

We are all waiting for it :P
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Ni no Kuni THAT LOOKS...AMAZING also,Neptune,aww..look at that pee poor gameplay,im so sad..i actually wanted this to look awesome
KorthosFoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 KorthosFoX
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts
I'm buying all! All JPGS fans here, add me to your friend's list on GS!
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Oh heck yes. Been looking for some good anime JRPGs on the PS3 for a long time!!!
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Young_Charter
Oh heck yes. Been looking for some good anime JRPGs on the PS3 for a long time!!!tjoeb123
I wish Square Enix still did some...They could make like 5 a year with the amount of co workers they have
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 finalstar2007

Ni no Kuni THAT LOOKS...AMAZING also,Neptune,aww..look at that pee poor gameplay,im so sad..i actually wanted this to look awesome Ratchet_Fan8

I know! Level5 also hinted and kinda confirmed the English release as well. next year will probably be even bigger than this year in terms of games. tho yea still Neptune look good

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]Oh heck yes. Been looking :|for some good anime JRPGs on the PS3 for a long time!!!Young_Charter
I wish Square Enix still did some...They could make like 5 a year with the amount of co workers they have

Agreed, so far we only got FFXIII and Star Ocean 4 :|.. come on i know now they got like tons of other games but their JRPG releases are so little or on handhelds :(

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="tjoeb123"]Oh heck yes. Been looking :|for some good anime JRPGs on the PS3 for a long time!!!finalstar2007

Agreed, so far we only got FFXIII and Star Ocean 4 :|.. come on i know now they got like tons of other games but their JRPG releases are so little or on handhelds :(

Exactly.... Did u play the crystal defenders game ?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I wish Square Enix still did some...They could make like 5 a year with the amount of co workers they haveYoung_Charter

Exactly.... Did u play the crystal defenders game ?

Of course i did :D. downlaoded it as soon as it hit PSN 8). played it till i got all trophies 100% :P. would be great if they also can release more PSN games with trophies. also whatever happened to this game? :|

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Young_Charter
You tell us... lol
shads20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 shads20
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts

where can i buy these from

i searched on play.com and they dont have most of them i also went on play.asia but it come up with this

This item is not available for shipping to

• European Union
  • Iceland
  • Liechtenstein
  • Norway

does that mean i cant order off there if im in uk

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

^ Pretty much. Your best best is Ebay or perhaps try this site called hmv.com. I don't know if they ship to Europe, but I hear they are a good site to order from.

Sev_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sev_the_gamer
Member since 2010 • 220 Posts

[QUOTE="Sev_the_gamer"]

finalstar2007

I ment persona, not person....damn typo, anyway SGT= Shin megami tensei

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Personally, I want to see Square pump out more JRPGs (and not shooters...like Modern Warfare 2) with new IPs that do not say "Final Fantasy" or "Kingdom Hearts" anywhere in its title. I'd also like to see Namco get smart and release the 3/4 Tales games that are only out in Japan over here.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]Personally, I want to see Square pump out more JRPGs (and not shooters...like Modern Warfare 2) with new IPs that do not say "Final Fantasy" or "Kingdom Hearts" anywhere in its title. I'd also like to see Namco get smart and release the 3/4 Tales games that are only out in Japan over here.

I wish namco allowed Xenosaga to continue..
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]Personally, I want to see Square pump out more JRPGs (and not shooters...like Modern Warfare 2) with new IPs that do not say "Final Fantasy" or "Kingdom Hearts" anywhere in its title. I'd also like to see Namco get smart and release the 3/4 Tales games that are only out in Japan over here.Young_Charter

Dont worry as Xenosaga is indeed coming to PSN. The playstation store staff hinted that its coming soon to PSN :)

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="tjoeb123"]Personally, I want to see Square pump out more JRPGs (and not shooters...like Modern Warfare 2) with new IPs that do not say "Final Fantasy" or "Kingdom Hearts" anywhere in its title. I'd also like to see Namco get smart and release the 3/4 Tales games that are only out in Japan over here.finalstar2007

Dont worry as Xenosaga is indeed coming to PSN. The playstation store staff hinted that its coming soon to PSN :)

That's Xenogears!! Im talking about Xenosage!! lol...
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 finalstar2007

Thread updated:

new game announced for PS3 from the creators of Persona games

Catherine

Atlus creators of Persona games on ps2 and psp have finally announced their first HD game for PS3! the game is still new so expect more info but it sure has some screenshots. the game is said to be JRPG/Horror/Adult.

__

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I wish namco allowed Xenosaga to continue.. Young_Charter

That's Xenogears!! Im talking about Xenosage!! lol...

lol woops ok im getting confused :P. well one of these games that start with xeno is coming :P. havent got any PS1 classics is a while now. last PS1 classic i payed for was FF7. the rest were free from Qore/PSN+

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#81 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Thread updated:

new game announced for PS3 from the creators of Persona games

Catherine

Atlus creators of Persona games on ps2 and psp have finally announced their first HD games for PS3! the game is still enw so expect more info but it sure had some screen shots. the game is said to be JRPG/Horror/Adult.

__

finalstar2007

Cool to see some traditional RPGs coming to the PS3 finally. I never played atlus' stuff but I think their games are probably tolerable if you're not that much into anime.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Several interesting titles there but how many of them will actually reach outside Japan? I bet Catherine for example won't.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
Haven't been online a while, but had to give props to this thread. Love jrpgs though I won't get my hopes up for most of them. It'll be interesting to see how Neptune and Catherine turn out. Man..can't wait to try out some of these games...
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about Catherine except for that fact that Atlus is developing it. That is all I need to know. I'm already sold :P
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Texas2089

Several interesting titles there but how many of them will actually reach outside Japan? I bet Catherine for example won't.

xWoW_Rougex
I'm almost positive Catherine will make it out of Japan. Atlus USA has localized almost every single game Atlus has developed over the last few years.
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about Catherine except for that fact that Atlus is developing it. That is all I need to know. I'm already sold :PTexas2089
The main dude appears in P3P... If it's linked to Persona I'm in. :P
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#87 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Catherine looks damn awesome.

The game sounds ok, too :P

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]I know absolutely nothing about Catherine except for that fact that Atlus is developing it. That is all I need to know. I'm already sold :Pryrulez

Yeah I saw that too. I haven't gone to check it out yet. I wanna talk to this guy now :P
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 finalstar2007

xWoW_Rougex

Every single game on the list is 100% coming outside of Japan except Tales which their not too sure yet. the new game Catherine im positive it will make it here. Atlus been doing great job in localizing games this gen and so far they already did 2 for PS3 so im sure this wont be any diffrent. hope we see it next year in English

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 finalstar2007

Catherine looks damn awesome.

The game sounds ok, too :P

yokofox33

Agreed, i wonder why they kept mentioning how "adult" word in there :P

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Sphire
[QUOTE="ryrulez"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]I know absolutely nothing about Catherine except for that fact that Atlus is developing it. That is all I need to know. I'm already sold :PTexas2089

Yeah I saw that too. I haven't gone to check it out yet. I wanna talk to this guy now :P

It took me a while to get who it was, I'm at the end of P3P so I was like...did I miss him somewhere? Then it just came back to me, and haha he was an interesting fellow at least. I wonder how the timeframe will relate. How did you guys know? Surely you couldn't have just come to the realisation yourself.....
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="ryrulez"] The main dude appears in P3P... If it's linked to Persona I'm in. :PSphire

It took me a while to get who it was, I'm at the end of P3P so I was like...did I miss him somewhere? Then it just came back to me, and haha he was an interesting fellow at least. I wonder how the timeframe will relate. How did you guys know? Surely you couldn't have just come to the realisation yourself.....

Its been also posted on many diffrent sites Catherines ps3 connection to P3P

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Texas2089

[QUOTE="Sphire"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] Yeah I saw that too. I haven't gone to check it out yet. I wanna talk to this guy now :Pfinalstar2007

Yeah this is how I found out about. I'm still in June and the date in the pics is March so maybe I can't talk to him yet :(
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Sphire"] It took me a while to get who it was, I'm at the end of P3P so I was like...did I miss him somewhere? Then it just came back to me, and haha he was an interesting fellow at least. I wonder how the timeframe will relate. How did you guys know? Surely you couldn't have just come to the realisation yourself.....Texas2089

Yeah this is how I found out about. I'm still in June and the date in the pics is March so maybe I can't talk to him yet :(

I feel bad for not owning this game yet :P. still need to get YS 7, Persona and Hexzforce :(

1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

This is the first Im hearing and seeing of this game Catherine. Looks very interesting. Also can't wait to hear about this new Tales of game to come.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Sphire
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Sphire"]

Texas2089

Well, I can definitely confirm you meet him way before March. Don't exactly remember when though. I'm impressed some people actually spotted that, though I guess if he wasn't in the original P3, people would be wondering what was up with him. Have to say, from knowing nothing at all, I'm definitely interested in this game now. Adult premise and horror themes FTW!

This is the first Im hearing and seeing of this game Catherine. Looks very interesting. Also can't wait to hear about this new Tales of game to come.

1uP_OnYou
That's another thing, while I've played ToV, I've heard ToG is better, which is a bold statement since I thought ToV is one of the best current gen jrpgs. It's been out on the Wii, so hopefully it doesn't take long to port, and hopefully get a Western release.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 finalstar2007

Take a look at the very first Catherine trailer. its sexy :o :P

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ryrulez

Catherine trailer!

I have no idea what's going on...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 finalstar2007

Catherine trailer!

ryrulez

Ha! i beat you to it :D. im right above you.. lol :P. tho yea the trailer.. too sexy lolz. heres hoping it has a chance to leave japan. im intrested

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ryrulez

[QUOTE="ryrulez"]

Catherine trailer!

finalstar2007

Ha! i beat you to it :D. im right above you.. lol :P. tho yea the trailer.. too sexy lolz. heres hoping it has a chance to leave japan. im intrested

Damn you :x I think I saw some English text so hopefully...