The Official PS3 JRPG Thread! ( 56k??) ( updated)

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Update 1.. Catherine

One thing i have noticed in these fourms that not that many are informed about JRPGs especially JRPGs for PS3 so i thought i'd take the honor and post a thread about whats coming to PS3 in the upcoming months in terms of only JRPGS 8). got any questions about any games? also PM me :)

PS3:

Atelier Rorona

Release Date: September 30th/2010

Info: Atelier Rorona consists of four different type of gameplay: field maps, a battle screen, an alchemy system, and a visual novel system. Navigation occurs via two static map illustrations, which depicts the Arland town and its surrounding area in a scaled down view. Field map areas such as the town and forests are depicted as realistically rendered environments, in which the player can converse with locals, gather items, or encounter enemies. Enemies on field maps are openly visible to the players, and players can either engage or avoid the encounter. Contact with the enemies initiates a separate battle screen.The game was confirmed to have over 30 endings.Read more...

Official website

Amazon.ca

English Trailer

Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Release Date: Q2/2011

Info: It is the third, and supposedly final installment in the Ar tonelico series (hinted by the "Qoga" word, which means "end" in the game's own language), taking place in the Reyvateil-ruled country of Clusternia, located in an area known as Sol Cluster, and set around two and half years after the events of Ar tonelico 2. Note: Ar Tonelico 2 have won best JRPG of 2009 on the PS2. Read more..

Japanese Trailer

Ni no Kuni

Release Date: 2011

Info:The player assumes the role of a 13 year-old boy named Oliver, a resident of Hotroit city whose mother Arie dies suddenly. A doll previously given to Oliver by his mother reveals itself to be a male fairy named who gives Oliver a magic book that allows him to go to the world of "Ninokuni," a reality parallel to his own, where the fairy states the boy may be able to revive his mother. There he encounters alternate versions of people he knows.Read more..

Japanese Trailer

White Knight Chronicles 2

Release Date: 2011

Info: The Sequal to White Knight Chronicles which was rleease on PS3 early of this year 2010, not only this game is selling better than the first in Japan it has gained much mroe better reviews as well. Read More..

Japanese Trailer

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Release Date: TBA

Info:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is, according to its developers, a wholly independent story unfolding with different characters and a different visual design. Although it is set within the same Final Fantasy XIII universe, it is unrelated to any other entry within the compilation and is thus neither a sequel nor a prequel to any other entries in Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII. Read more..

Expect mroe info and a trailer next month at TGS 2010

Neptune ( Aka the System Wars game )

Info: Well i wrote down as many info as possible regarding the game on my blog or also check out this

Japanese Trailer

Atelier Totori

Info: This sequel to PS3's Atelier Rorona is set five years after that title and lets you explore the full continent of Arland.More...

Japanese Op

Japanese gametrailer

Tales of Graces F

Release Date: lol as if Namco will release any outside of japan. one can only hope but vote it up on the link on my sig at Sonys offcial Blog

Japanese Trailer

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll

Release Date: Fall 2010

Official Site

Trailer

Final Fantasy XIV

Release Date: March 2011

Info: An MMO online only game. more..

Trailer

@lass of Heroes 3

still not much info more it yet tho rumores has it that Atlus will localize this

Agrest Wars 2

No many info yet but expect this to hit PSN sometime next year like Agrest 1 which is only on PSN

1 trailer lol

Catherine

Atlus creators of Persona games on ps2 and psp have finally announced their first HD game for PS3! the game is still new so expect more info but it sure has some screen shots. the game is said to be JRPG/Horror/Adult.

Disgaea 4

Expect MORE JRPGs for PS3 during this years TGS 2010 with the new Disgaea 4

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
really hope Neptune comes out over here in NA... It looks hilarious... I will buy every game you listed..
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 finalstar2007

really hope Neptune comes out over here in NA... It looks hilarious... I will buy every game you listed..PoisoN_Facecam0

It will come. at E3 NISA was already closing the deal with Neptune so expect it to be released sometime next year. awesome tho. same here :P

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]really hope Neptune comes out over here in NA... It looks hilarious... I will buy every game you listed..finalstar2007

It will come. at E3 NISA was already closing the deal with Neptune so expect it to be released sometime next year. awesome tho. same here :P

Booyah! This is going to be an awesome upcoming year for JRPGs finally... Its been soo dry so far..
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]really hope Neptune comes out over here in NA... It looks hilarious... I will buy every game you listed..PoisoN_Facecam0

Booyah! This is going to be an awesome upcoming year for JRPGs finally... Its been soo dry so far..

Next year sure will be great. i think it might be getter than this year in terms of RPGs. hopefully versus XIII is next year

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Nice thread. I'm really looking forward to the Tales games and Versus. I'm thinking about Atelier Rorona as well. Neptune has me really curious too.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
neptune could be good. i'll probably end up getting it.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 finalstar2007

Nice thread. I'm really looking forward to the Tales games and Versus. I'm thinking about Atelier Rorona as well. Neptune has me really curious too.Texas2089

Thanks :), same here, im really hoping that the Tales games cna leave Japan. i enjoyed Eternal Sonata and im positive i'll enjoy the tales games. plzz Namcoo :x

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
This thread makes me really happy. You should include Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalstar2007

This thread makes me really happy. You should include Trinity: Souls of Zill O'llCajunShooter

Done :) and added more games as well. i feel the same. cant wait for all of them

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
ni no kuni looks really good. its just so charming and i like the scenerio. also, atelier rorona looks interesting. its refreshing to (hopefully) have a game thats not about saving the world. its quaint to have a rpg just about daily activities.
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
I really hope the Tales games come to US. I have to go vote on the PS blog now. But Versus and WKC 2 also look fantastic. I'm skeptical on Ni No Kuni but I like the Professor-Laytonish artstyle. I would get the Atlier games but I just don't like the look of the gameplay style. I don't know about Ar Tonelico though. But I'm eager for more info on Disgaea 4.
Avatar image for YankeesNYC4life
YankeesNYC4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YankeesNYC4life
Member since 2010 • 235 Posts
that FFv13 box cover looks sooooooooo nice, i really hope it comes out soon, also Ni no kuni looks nice as well.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

JRPGS rock.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts
I have never really play a lot of JRPGs besides FFXIII and I love it. I have been into gaming for a long time just not those time of games.
Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts
I'm waiting for Xlass of Heroes!
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Nice list of upcoming JRPGs on PS3 finally my long wait seems to be paying off

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
Great list. I'd buy every single one of them, if they were released to western markets.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm getting every game on that list with the exception of a couple. I already have the Neptune Limited Edition pre-ordered, and I'm most certainly importing Tales of Graces F. I have Atelier Totori.

Nice lineup of games.

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
Cool thread.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Great thread. Here's to hoping that a Tales game actually gets released on PS3...
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

chances are I'll get all of them, I'm in Europe so I may have to buy the US version. I have good impressions of Souls of Zill'Oll.

4nia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 4nia
Member since 2009 • 179 Posts

Neptune looks hot. Would like me some AT3 and Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll too. Also FFvsXIII and maybe Tales if that ever gets localized lol.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

I can't wait for the ghibli studios game, and Tales of Grace if Namco release it over here, which they won't a******s

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 finalstar2007

Thanks to all :). i will keep this updated with more news, pictures, videos that come out for any games

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Great thread, can't wait for FF VS XIII.

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

Some of those games should come to the states, so we can buy it.

Kingsegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kingsegg
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts

I can't stand cartoonish looking RPG's...That only leaves me with Trinity and FF XIV, and will only buy them if they get 8.5+ reviews.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

I can't stand cartoonish looking RPG's...That only leaves me with Trinity and FF XIV, and will only buy them if they get 8.5+ reviews.

Kingsegg

I am glad I am not picky like that. I enjoy games and will play just about anything if it peeks my interest no matter what the score. Hell I am playing Clash of the Titans right now and have had a lot of fun with it.

Take chances on a game no matter what the score. If it interest you then buy it. You may miss out on a ton of great games by having high standards.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalstar2007

Some of those games should come to the states, so we can buy it.

HaLoMaStErJT

Dont worry everything you see on the list is 100% coming out in English to US/EU. except for Tales of Graces which still isnt too sure yet but heres hoping it will make it because lots of fans want it

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

Well if you look at my avatar you know what game I really want so bad from japan for almost 4 years...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 finalstar2007

Well if you look at my avatar you know what game I really want so bad from japan for almost 4 years...

jay_rock_

Same :). heres hoping it comes next year

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Not really into the whole JRPG thing.

I've played some here and there, but that's it.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalstar2007

Not really into the whole JRPG thing.

I've played some here and there, but that's it.

1bigsmoke55

Some of the ones that are already out like Etenal sonata, Final Fantasy XIII, Demon Souls, ValkyriaChronciles etc are really good, you should give some a try :). besides PS3 is the only HD consoles with this many JRPGs and more to be coming as well :)

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

really hope Neptune comes out over here in NA... It looks hilarious... I will buy every game you listed..PoisoN_Facecam0

I'm going to buy that on PlayAsia.com but anyways good titles here but sadly TBA release dates for almost all those games. Good list though.

Want to play all of these but wants to play a lot of Western Games too!

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]really hope Neptune comes out over here in NA... It looks hilarious... I will buy every game you listed..MazehcS0ul

I'm going to buy that on PlayAsia.com but anyways good titles here but sadly TBA release dates for almost all those games. Good list though.

Play asia is overpriced who ever wants to import Japanese games should use HMVthey are cheaper and ship WW.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="MazehcS0ul"]

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]really hope Neptune comes out over here in NA... It looks hilarious... I will buy every game you listed..Kashiwaba

Play asia is overpriced who ever wants to import Japanese games should use HMVthey are cheaper and ship WW.

Now thats great, thanks for sharing, i may have to call HMV during this week here in Canada and see if they do any imports form japan. i would totally import Tales of Vesperia if its $70 or less

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]really hope Neptune comes out over here in NA... It looks hilarious... I will buy every game you listed..MazehcS0ul

The games listed will for sure be releasing outside of japan except for ToG F which still not too sure about yet tho it just localzing them takes time :( . waiting too much sucks :P

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

I could see most of those coming out at the end of 2011... sadly. But I'm definitely excited for almost all of those.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="MazehcS0ul"]

finalstar2007

Now thats great, thanks for sharing, i may have to call HMV during this week here in Canada and see if they do any imports form japan. i would totally import Tales of Vesperia if its $70 or less

You don't have to call just do it from this site I guess ToV is about 7020 yens which equals 83 CAD thats too expensive you can find better deals on ebay.ca HMV is good for newly released games only you will find better deals for old games on ebay.ca thats what i usually do.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Yeah thats expensive
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

I didn't know they made a sequel to WKC! After watching *** gameplay vids, I really hope it comes over here to NA. FF Versus and FFXIV can't release soon enough! :) I hope theres even a lil bit of gameplay video for Versus at TGS.

Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

Not to sound like a n00b but what is JRPG?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 finalstar2007

Not to sound like a n00b but what is JRPG?

Hammstray

Japanese Role Playing Games

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts

I wish the Tales games would get english releases :( I just need subtitles and english menus, Japanese VA is perfectly fine with me.

Cant wait for FF Versus XIII!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 finalstar2007

I wish the Tales games would get english releases :( I just need subtitles and english menus, Japanese VA is perfectly fine with me.

Cant wait for FF Versus XIII!

pikastar

Yea i also wish if they would just put subs on and no English voices if it cost them too much. many people are telling them that on their facebook page and also here Sonys official blog: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/07/30/sony-should-publish-ps3-tales-of-games-in-the-us/

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts

Out of that list I am really looking forward to neptune, and i am interested in trying those atelier games. they have beautiful graphics and artstyles. and namco, stop being so selfish:|

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Thanks for the great list. I never heard of Neptune before, and what do you mean by "system wars"? Besides that, are there any boys in that game at all? I can't wait for Agarest 2!!!