reporting offensive ps3 users

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

benz1980i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 benz1980i
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

I was playing COD4 last night and this guy was beyond a joke. I have heard people swear before playing online, but this guy was really offensive toward several people and for the first time I honestly had my gaming experienced ruined by another player.

What is the process for reporting PS3 network users?

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

I was playing COD4 last night and this guy was beyond a joke. I have heard people swear before playing online, but this guy was really offensive toward several people and for the first time I honestly had my gaming experienced ruined by another player.

benz1980i

Go to here. Then scroll down to File a Complaint form.

Follow the steps from there.

felixzelphyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 felixzelphyn
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts
Mute/Ignore/Play in a different server? I can understand reporting people for sexual or violent threats, but just trash talking is just an absurd reason to report someone; if you don't like it you can leave... "But I bought the game and I want to enjoy it" ...well so did he, let 'em talk like that if it's what gets them off.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Mute/Ignore/Play in a different server? I can understand reporting people for sexual or violent threats, but just trash talking is just an absurd reason to report someone; if you don't like it you can leave... "But I bought the game and I want to enjoy it" ...well so did he, let 'em talk like that if it's what gets them off.felixzelphyn

Technically it is breaking the terms of use.

If he wants to report the guy - then let him report the guy. You weren't there, so you don't know what the other guy said. No need to criticize people here.

CryoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CryoGoblin
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts
its called muteing the player...as it was installed with the latest patch.
cochisewarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cochisewarrior
Member since 2006 • 676 Posts
he might've meant in the lobby, in which you cant mute, which is stupid cause thats were it really should've been put
illustrated212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 illustrated212
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts

Maybe it was his strategy! Talking crap to frustrate you while he gets all the kills :D

Thats how I do it baby! Talk the Smack, and Steal your Crap lol

ned_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ned_76
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
lol!!! lol!!! i bet thts wat u use. i will try tht but i wont be to offinsive.
coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts

im not condoning rude behavior but i will never understand how some ppl will ALLOW words to affect them so...

Egyptman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Egyptman786
Member since 2008 • 1152 Posts

lol!!! lol!!! i bet thts wat u use. i will try tht but i wont be to offinsive.ned_76

:lol:

benz1980i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 benz1980i
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
[QUOTE="benz1980i"]

Go to here. Then scroll down to File a Complaint form.

Follow the steps from there.

Thanks LtColJaxson. Yeah, this happened in the lobby and I couldn't mute him. I left the game along with half the people in the lobby. Cheers

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

benz1980i

Was that your first time ever gaming online? I mean things like this happen and telling on people is just so pre-school. You can't stop people from being offensive online no matter what you do that's why the mature people just ignore them.

POKERWARE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 POKERWARE
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
But if you report a player what will happen. I dont think they will do anything about it only block for message ( maybe if your lucky.)
azza-2K9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 azza-2K9
i was on ps3 last night and he keped caling me wihte boy because he is half cas and he being out of order say suck u deid me nd stuff hes ps3 name for online is hoinville HOPE HE GETS LOOKED
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Was that your first time ever gaming online? I mean things like this happen and telling on people is just so pre-school. You can't stop people from being offensive online no matter what you do that's why the mature people just ignore them. MusashiSensi
What's truly "pre-school" is people's inability to curb themselves. Heck, the fact they think that kind of language is normal or acceptable is juvenile.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

benz1980i

You should've played RFOM. Rooms 40/40 FULL of that crap. Not just swear words either. There were atleast 5 rooms like that.

I don't care if people swear. It's just when it's constant attacks back and forth of the biggest filth you've ever heard. That's when it's a problem and it kills the fun.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

some people can't control themselves.. i got this guy on my friends list, any time he dies/fails he goes berserk and screams profanity.. quite amusing for the most part.. i think reporting people for verbal reasons is dumb, it's a game.. most of the people who talk crap get picked on in real life so they lash out knowing full well that there will be no physical confrontation.. so just let it go..

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Denji

some people can't control themselves.. i got this guy on my friends list, any time he dies/fails he goes berserk and screams profanity.. quite amusing for the most part.. i think reporting people for verbal reasons is dumb, it's a game.. most of the people who talk crap get picked on in real life so they lash out knowing full well that there will be no physical confrontation.. so just let it go..

NaughtyRag

Yeah. There seem to be a lot of "internet tough guys" in those games. All big and brave, nice, safe and anonymous behind a computer screen. lol

I honestly don't get it

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

Denji

Yeah. There seem to be a lot of "internet tough guys" in those games. All big and brave, nice, safe and anonymous behind a computer screen. lol

I honestly don't get it

Yep, it's kinda strange how that works. I don't have problems with the occasional swear or useful communications, but when someone is constantly spewing useless noise out of their mouthhole, I'd have no problem reporting them. I hate when people are constantly talking online like it's a blind date service or something.
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

Denji

I honestly don't get it

yeah it is quite sad for the offensive trash talkers.. "internet tough guys" lmao - lethal weapon 4.. "yeah that's right telephone tough guy" makes me laugh every time.. ah..
Skills2kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Skills2kill
dont snitch dude just talk trash wit him back
JohnVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JohnVa
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

does any anyone know how to report people this guy on nascar 09 ps3 xX-SODA-Xx he kicks some people out because he has never raced with them and he dosent just anybody

SynOptics_KZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SynOptics_KZ2
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

trash talking doesn't bother me. i let my headshots do the talking. i have a fewfriends that do nothing but talk trash and wanting to rape people. lmao.i'm immune to those kinds of people. you'll get used to these people. online playisn't for the weak hearted.if you really want justice, grab a 360, they have have a report that you can file against another player for things of such nature. if you want to totally avoid everything get a wii, they're much friendlier. lol.

seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 seannn199
Member since 2008 • 1137 Posts

NaughtyRag
yeah this, i swear a lot when i die, its not really worth reporting someone for
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#27 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
Mute/Ignore/Play in a different server? I can understand reporting people for sexual or violent threats, but just trash talking is just an absurd reason to report someone; if you don't like it you can leave... "But I bought the game and I want to enjoy it" ...well so did he, let 'em talk like that if it's what gets them off.felixzelphyn
Seriously, ppl like this r gonna turn online into a kindergarden playground!
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#28 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
dont snitch dude just talk trash wit him back Skills2kill
This^^
shmee78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shmee78
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Well i came across a player on my kids friends list and started looking at the messages. There was a bunch from this one guy (jordyballz22) and they were obscene, homosexual, pedophile. He sent my kids (11yr old twins) homosexual pics and made awful sexual remarks that no kid should see. I am going to report this guy and was wondering if all i should do is fill out a complaint form and file it under Criminal Activity or/and call the authorities and Sony, What do u all suggest??? This made me sick to my stomach after reading all the stuff he said, People like this should burn for preying on innocent kids. I dont know how old this person is, so I am not sure if he is an Adult or a juvenile. P.S. He also asked for their address but my kids said they didn't give it to him
Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]Was that your first time ever gaming online? I mean things like this happen and telling on people is just so pre-school. You can't stop people from being offensive online no matter what you do that's why the mature people just ignore them. emitsu97
What's truly "pre-school" is people's inability to curb themselves. Heck, the fact they think that kind of language is normal or acceptable is juvenile.

why? They are just words.

kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kiraburu
Member since 2008 • 537 Posts

call the police

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Denji

Well i came across a player on my kids friends list and started looking at the messages. There was a bunch from this one guy (jordyballz22) and they were obscene, homosexual, pedophile. He sent my kids (11yr old twins) homosexual pics and made awful sexual remarks that no kid should see. I am going to report this guy and was wondering if all i should do is fill out a complaint form and file it under Criminal Activity or/and call the authorities and Sony, What do u all suggest??? This made me sick to my stomach after reading all the stuff he said, People like this should burn for preying on innocent kids. I dont know how old this person is, so I am not sure if he is an Adult or a juvenile. P.S. He also asked for their address but my kids said they didn't give it to himshmee78

Good lord.

I honestly don't know what the cops can do. But report it to Sony right away. They could track it and be able to press charges. If it were a PC, I can see calling the cops because they have the tools to track and such. But I'm not sure how it would work on the PS3 without actually contacting Sony.

kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kiraburu

[QUOTE="shmee78"]Well i came across a player on my kids friends list and started looking at the messages. There was a bunch from this one guy (jordyballz22) and they were obscene, homosexual, pedophile. He sent my kids (11yr old twins) homosexual pics and made awful sexual remarks that no kid should see. I am going to report this guy and was wondering if all i should do is fill out a complaint form and file it under Criminal Activity or/and call the authorities and Sony, What do u all suggest??? This made me sick to my stomach after reading all the stuff he said, People like this should burn for preying on innocent kids. I dont know how old this person is, so I am not sure if he is an Adult or a juvenile. P.S. He also asked for their address but my kids said they didn't give it to himDenji

Good lord.

I honestly don't know what the cops can do. But report it to Sony right away. They could track it and be able to press charges. If it were a PC, I can see calling the cops because they have the tools to track and such. But I'm not sure how it would work on the PS3 without actually contacting Sony.

i guess with the ip address as well....i think is easier because hes got a account on psn

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="shmee78"]Well i came across a player on my kids friends list and started looking at the messages. There was a bunch from this one guy (jordyballz22) and they were obscene, homosexual, pedophile. He sent my kids (11yr old twins) homosexual pics and made awful sexual remarks that no kid should see. I am going to report this guy and was wondering if all i should do is fill out a complaint form and file it under Criminal Activity or/and call the authorities and Sony, What do u all suggest??? This made me sick to my stomach after reading all the stuff he said, People like this should burn for preying on innocent kids. I dont know how old this person is, so I am not sure if he is an Adult or a juvenile. P.S. He also asked for their address but my kids said they didn't give it to himkiraburu

Good lord.

i guess with the ip address as well....i think is easier because hes got a account on psn

Wouldn't tracking the MAC address be more reliable?

kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kiraburu

[QUOTE="kiraburu"]

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Good lord.

Denji

Wouldn't tracking the MAC address be more reliable?

true if the ip is dynamic but they can call the internet provider and know the info of the user with that ip in that moment...anyway im not a police expert but i think thats the way they catch pedos on the net with some baits and always can know the ip address even if you are using a proxy server.-

shmee78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shmee78
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I just got of the phone with Sony, there suppose to give me a call back in 1-2 business days. I just cant let this kind of stuff go by.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Denji

I just got of the phone with Sony, there suppose to give me a call back in 1-2 business days. I just cant let this kind of stuff go by.shmee78

Hopefully they will. Best of luck to you.

That kind of thing just turns my stomach

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

benz1980i
get over it....
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
It's supposed to be coming in the rumored 3.0 firmware. It will probably come one day.
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
Well i came across a player on my kids friends list and started looking at the messages. There was a bunch from this one guy (jordyballz22) and they were obscene, homosexual, pedophile. He sent my kids (11yr old twins) homosexual pics and made awful sexual remarks that no kid should see. I am going to report this guy and was wondering if all i should do is fill out a complaint form and file it under Criminal Activity or/and call the authorities and Sony, What do u all suggest??? This made me sick to my stomach after reading all the stuff he said, People like this should burn for preying on innocent kids. I dont know how old this person is, so I am not sure if he is an Adult or a juvenile. P.S. He also asked for their address but my kids said they didn't give it to himshmee78
Thats just horrible.The police should be invloved.The ip would probably be more effective but that is just nasty and horrible what that person did
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
It's possible the police could subpoena Sony to release this guys info. It couldn't hurt to try. People should not be allowed to get away with that.
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Deathtransit
I just got of the phone with Sony, there suppose to give me a call back in 1-2 business days. I just cant let this kind of stuff go by.shmee78
Subpoena their ass! He could have bought things on PSN.
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Deathtransit
And don't delete those messages, they're evidence!
yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts
[QUOTE="felixzelphyn"]Mute/Ignore/Play in a different server? I can understand reporting people for sexual or violent threats, but just trash talking is just an absurd reason to report someone; if you don't like it you can leave... "But I bought the game and I want to enjoy it" ...well so did he, let 'em talk like that if it's what gets them off.Jakesta7
Seriously, ppl like this r gonna turn online into a kindergarden playground!

It already is like a kindergarten playground. Personally I don't take offence but then I've never been the recipient of full on abusive behaviour. I think I would report it too, depending on the nature of the chat/messages. Civility is sign of maturity and respect. Trash talking is just juvenile.
Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

[QUOTE="benz1980i"]

MusashiSensi

Was that your first time ever gaming online? I mean things like this happen and telling on people is just so pre-school. You can't stop people from being offensive online no matter what you do that's why the mature people just ignore them.

Its not acceptable to have someone shout out racial remarks or a ridiculous amount of abusive language. Why should my experience be ruined because someone is immature. Reporting is up to debate. If it was towards you definitely and it was every 2 seconds in multiple matches than yeah. It is a violation of the terms of use. People need to respect others when online. My kids sometimes watch me play these game and I don't want to hear that.

Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

[QUOTE="felixzelphyn"]Mute/Ignore/Play in a different server? I can understand reporting people for sexual or violent threats, but just trash talking is just an absurd reason to report someone; if you don't like it you can leave... "But I bought the game and I want to enjoy it" ...well so did he, let 'em talk like that if it's what gets them off.LtColJaxson

Technically it is breaking the terms of use.

If he wants to report the guy - then let him report the guy. You weren't there, so you don't know what the other guy said. No need to criticize people here.

Trash talking is one thing but abusive language is just plain stupid. I was playing Burnout one time and this guy starting making racial remarks and even messaging me. I blocked him and now I am going to report him.

daveygtheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 daveygtheone
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts
*claps*
FireFox67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 FireFox67
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

Ronin893

Its not acceptable to have someone shout out racial remarks or a ridiculous amount of abusive language. Why should my experience be ruined because someone is immature. Reporting is up to debate. If it was towards you definitely and it was every 2 seconds in multiple matches than yeah. It is a violation of the terms of use. People need to respect others when online. My kids sometimes watch me play these game and I don't want to hear that.

[/QUOTE=]

I think people shouldn't shout swears because of this ^ and because it is desrespectable for other people playing online.

McLogan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 McLogan13
I have made an psn account and had accheived 10th prestige on cod 4 and 5 but unfortunally somone has hacked my id and changed my sign in password is there anything you could do to find out what my password is thankyou .
PS3Gamer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PS3Gamer_1
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts

Call the police as well dude. As much as Sony wants to keep your kids safe, they would rather keep their brand image safer. I am not sure if Sony is legally obligated to do anything on their end. But if the police are involved, they will be!