ps3: it only does everything....like slow download speed

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

well here you go

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

PS3 online is free. I wish people would quit crying over things. AND it sure does more than my other console and its quieter, plays bluray, and so far im loving it more than I have my other console in a long long long time.

Maybe im easy to please after being let down by another developer?

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

[QUOTE="SomeGuyInLA"]

[QUOTE="volume_three"]

Huh?! Took me less than 10 minutes. You get what you pay for!

volume_three

Holy crap! How much do you pay every month?

Too much~! :P

would love a connection speed like but i would have to move to somewhere with cable internet. my 16MB unlimited DL limit will do though only costs me £5 a month. takes me about 20mins to DL 1 GB from the PSN store.

erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

i can download about 1 Mb per second on my PS3 which is what i pay for. ive done the counting and it matches up. i think its your internet. back in the day when i had slower internet i used to think my PS3 downloaded things really slow too.

Avatar image for redlightstudios
redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 redlightstudios
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

are you watching it d/l bit by bit, just starring at the screen?

That's like watching the clock for 8 hours while at work. Why not take a break, and go outside?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#56 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I will say I have a slow connection, but I do agree that the PS3 downloads files slower than my other machine can download a similar sized file.
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
it is ur download speed I got mine in like an hour or half an hour I don't remember I paused it half way I wanted to play MW2 online and I didn't want to lag
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts

It's not because of the PS3. It's your ISP as well as your preference for wireless.

Morfessa

I have wireless but I downloaded it in a hour or less with 7-9mbps

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
So I guess I'm the first.... That would be UR connection it took me like an HR to dluntouchables111
Don't believe this guy "untouchables111" the #1 thing people say is *your connection* but it's definitely not for the most part. I iterate, I know somebody with Verizion FIOS and the downloads are atrociously slow on PSN for them. It is not however slow on a competitors online service (games on demand) which seems to be extremely fast, I downloaded Resident Evil 5 (the whole game) which was like 6 almost 7GB in size and it finished in less than an hour. I too experience slow downloads 90% of the time, BUT ONLY on PSN with my 20mbps connection. IT IS ON SONY'S SIDE FYI! They limit it, just like GameSpot limits your download if you're are not a paid user.

is there any way to get the ps3 to download faster? i have it connected to my wireless router and time warner roadrunner broadband. the god of war 3 demo is taking like all day. you might as well cancel all your plans for the evening if you wanna download something

todd2r
Nope, because Sony limits the speed at which you download games from their servers. Don't believe the people that say it's your connection because I'm pretty sure it's not. You wont get full bandwidth capacity and I stress that PSN is free service..and free don't always get you the best sadly!
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

[QUOTE="untouchables111"]So I guess I'm the first.... That would be UR connection it took me like an HR to dlgamer082009
Don't believe this guy "untouchables111" the #1 thing people say is *your connection* but it's definitely not for the most part. I iterate, I know somebody with Verizion FIOS and the downloads are atrociously slow on PSN for them. It is not however slow on a competitors online service (games on demand) which seems to be extremely fast, I downloaded Resident Evil 5 (the whole game) which was like 6 almost 7GB in size and it finished in less than an hour. I too experience slow downloads 90% of the time, BUT ONLY on PSN with my 20mbps connection. IT IS ON SONY'S SIDE FYI! They limit it, just like GameSpot limits your download if you're are not a paid user.

is there any way to get the ps3 to download faster? i have it connected to my wireless router and time warner roadrunner broadband. the god of war 3 demo is taking like all day. you might as well cancel all your plans for the evening if you wanna download something

todd2r

Nope, because Sony limits the speed at which you download games from their servers. Don't believe the people that say it's your connection because I'm pretty sure it's not. You wont get full bandwidth capacity and I stress that PSN is free service..and free don't always get you the best sadly!

i agree. i did the speed test and my connection was just fine. i think it was PSN that night. most downloads for me go pretty fast, especially on my 360. i think honestly, they might have been working on the PSN that night or there was a crap load of people downloading it at the same time.

Avatar image for ratchet_ruler88
ratchet_ruler88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ratchet_ruler88
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

It took me about 1hr on a 300kb/s connection.

hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
Its YOUR internet buddy
theKSMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 theKSMM
Member since 2006 • 1257 Posts

It's not necessarily his connection that's the problem. As others have indicated the time of day can be a huge factor in your downloading speeds. If you're trying to grab the hot demo at the same time as everyone else, be prepared to wait.

Frankly, even downloading the GoW3 demo in 20 minutes is less than impressive if you've got 48 Mbps sustained downloading speed. It still suggests that you're constrained on the server side.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

Road Runner = FAIL

Wirleless = Always Slower..

Wired GOW3 Demo took 15-20 min........

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

todd2r
Its not the ps3 its your connection and the amount of people downloading that demo... i downloaded the demo in about 1 hour
KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KittyKat
Member since 2002 • 26381 Posts
[QUOTE="untouchables111"]So I guess I'm the first.... That would be UR connection it took me like an HR to dlgamer082009

todd2r

It doesn't have to do with Sony as some people have fast connections with them and others do not, they may have an upper limit, but considering how some people are downloading massive files in a short time frame, it's quite high if they do have one. The issue is with the way broadband is hooked up for different people in various locations. People who play WoW and try and get a low ping rate know this quite well. The various connections your connection has to make before reaching it's destination can slow it down. Some people will track their connection and find out where exactly it slows down. I had a good time figuring out where the slow down was for me targeting certain servers on WoW. Some I'd get a great ping with, and others not so much. The main issue is your location versus the location you are trying to reach and everything in between. Hence if you switch companies your connection could be much faster. Sometimes servers on the West coast are faster for people on the East coast just for the simple fact that your connection to the server on the East coast goes through some slow areas. Generally that's not the case though.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
I will say I have a slow connection, but I do agree that the PS3 downloads files slower than my other machine can download a similar sized file.JustPlainLucas
I was just having this convo the other day with a friend and we both agree. Also, I can play games on that other system and it doesn't seem to affect the speed whereas on the PS3 I notice it does,.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

You realize that there are a TON of people downloading that demo right now right? It's probably the most popular thing on PSN right now. I downloaded mine in about 20 minutes... but I got it right when it first hit PSN, so it was before the masses started bogging it down.

sublimeandetc
do not know if is that.. but I got mine as the promo with preorder and it was like 15-30min to DL and install
Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts

Road Runner = FAIL

Wirleless = Always Slower..

Wired GOW3 Demo took 15-20 min........

TJSAGE

how is road runner fail? the noraml cable speed is 10 mbps and if you upgrade to RR turbo 60$ per month in N.Y.C. you get 30 mbps+ lol U FAIL

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 todd2r

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I will say I have a slow connection, but I do agree that the PS3 downloads files slower than my other machine can download a similar sized file.Dracula68
I was just having this convo the other day with a friend and we both agree. Also, I can play games on that other system and it doesn't seem to affect the speed whereas on the PS3 I notice it does,.

thank you

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#74 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

My connection at school is ... ok. My wireless connection at home is better.

Take a guess who's fault it is. The connection or playstation network?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

todd2r

A lot of people download at 1MB oer second so your points are rather moot. I have verizon fios as well and no demo has taken me more than like 25 minutes and is equal to the competitor.

Unless you actually have facts, go be a fanboy somewhere else.

ichiban30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ichiban30
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts

It doesn't take too long for me to download but I don't watch the time and count the mintues. I am quite content with the DL speeds I have had with my PS3. It helps to not sit and watch the download bar to grow also. While it downloads, watch some TV, do some homework, go to the bathroom, or cook something to eat. Time flies when you are doing other things.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

Don't blame your slow IP connection on the PS3. I have a 15Mbps and it's plenty fast enough with PSN. You probably have 5Mbps or less which is slow ISP. You have to pay to have a fast connection of usually $50+ per month.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

i have 100% connection,downloads SOOOOOOOOOOOOO **** especially heavy rain and GOW3 demos...god

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 todd2r

Don't blame your slow IP connection on the PS3. I have a 15Mbps and it's plenty fast enough with PSN. You probably have 5Mbps or less which is slow ISP. You have to pay to have a fast connection of usually $50+ per month.

patriots7672

nope. my connection is averaging more Mbps than yours with time warner with power boost and i only pay 39.99. i think a lot of people were just downloading the GOW3 demo at the same time.

QuotingMyself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 QuotingMyself
Member since 2010 • 94 Posts

PS3. It only does everything like support users like TC who clearly no nothing about networking, have a crap connection (from their isp) and blame it on sony.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I don't know what to tell you.

I personally experience rather short wait times to download anything, be it firmware updates, demos, patches, or anything else.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

I dl'ed the GoW3 in 45 mins.zbdyx

Ditto, and I'm on a wireless connection.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

Wow some of the people on this board are unbelievable, way to help someone out. I myself am having huge download problems and I know its not my connection. My computer will download things super fast but then my ps3 can take hours to download a simple demo.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

It is most likely your connection speed. I do not have a problem downloading anything. Everything downloads nice and fast for me.

My friend has a slower connection though so he doesn't bother downloading demos.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

I just realised that I started downloading the god of war demo thursday and its only at 60%, I know it downloads slower while playing but I'm watching it right now and its going up 1 percent around every 7 minutes. How is this possible when my games play online perfectly?

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I will say I have a slow connection, but I do agree that the PS3 downloads files slower than my other machine can download a similar sized file.Dracula68

LOL! It's the exact opposite for me! The 'Other' system seems to download files waaaaaaaaaaay slower. Your average demo takes me around 10mins to download on the PS3 but almost an hour on the other one. Wtf?!

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#87 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

[QUOTE="voixco"]

[QUOTE="todd2r"]i have it connected to my wireless router and time warner roadrunner broadband.todd2r

Although a lot of people say it doesn't make a difference, personally, I get much better speeds using a wired connection as compared to wireless. That could be due to my router, I don't know. Anyway, if possible, you may want to try connecting it with an ethernet cable and see if your download speed improves.

i hate to do that cause i hate cables. xbox live downloads are fast and thats wireless too

Actually wired is so much better than wireless. Also 360 you need to buy an add-on for wireless connectivity
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 todd2r

look at that download speed!

DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#89 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
You need to have a much faster connection.
jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
I dl'ed the GoW3 in 45 mins.zbdyx
This, for me 1 hour~ Average speed for me 1mbps and I'm in australia!
Khoo1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#91 Khoo1992
Member since 2005 • 2472 Posts

You guys surely haven't experience Malaysian internet connection, it took me 1 hour to download an Assassin's Creed 2 patch... That's how slow it is here

ber4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ber4fun
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts

PS3 has nothing to do with downloads, its your internet connection.

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
[QUOTE="zbdyx"]I dl'ed the GoW3 in 45 mins.jasopan
This, for me 1 hour~ Average speed for me 1mbps and I'm in australia! AND with a cheap $40au router... [QUOTE="todd2r"]  look at that download speed!

Dude, do you think you're like so cool? you already made a pointless thread about it, and now you're spamming other threads?...Anyone can photoshop that in 5 minutes.
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 todd2r

[QUOTE="jasopan"][QUOTE="zbdyx"]I dl'ed the GoW3 in 45 mins.jasopan
This, for me 1 hour~ Average speed for me 1mbps and I'm in australia! AND with a cheap $40au router...
 look at that download speed! todd2r
Dude, do you think you're like so cool? you already made a pointless thread about it, and now you're spamming other threads?...Anyone can photoshop that in 5 minutes.

i didnt photoshop that i swear to god......but thats nowhere near what i get.....thats what it came up as

kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts
not reading whole topic but ill comment of my systems which is all of them this is the order they go in terms of speed and reliablity: 1.wii 2.pc 3.xbox 360 4.ds 5.dsi 6.ps3 7.psp 8.ps2 never tried it so dont know about ps2 and really the ps3 just for some unknown reason cant get internet where everything else can its a pain in the but to be honest and guarantees unless its an exclusive im getting it on xbox or wii. i too spent probably 2 days trying to get GOW demo to download and praying it didnt disconnect partwway through not sure how but finnally it stayed connected for a whole 2 days my ps3 normally just disconnects it cant hold a connection and i have no idea why the DS can but the ps3 cant. the old fat DS that ill be honest mine is about to fall apart hence i got a DSI it can hold a better steady connect than the PS3 its really sad actually. and yes dont ask but the blasted wii gets internet even if nothing else in the house can the wii will get online no idea how or why.
xX-Incubus-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 xX-Incubus-Xx
Member since 2009 • 1120 Posts

[QUOTE="jasopan"][QUOTE="jasopan"] This, for me 1 hour~ Average speed for me 1mbps and I'm in australia! AND with a cheap $40au router... [QUOTE="todd2r"] look at that download speed! todd2r

i didnt photoshop that i swear to god......but thats nowhere near what i get.....thats what it came up as

too bad that ridiculously overkill15-20 meg dl is MORE then enough for todays standards. And another thing, Upload speed is what's important to gaming. I get a 1 meg upload so I will have a better game session then you do any day....

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="untouchables111"]Don't believe this guy "untouchables111" the #1 thing people say is *your connection* but it's definitely not for the most part. I iterate, I know somebody with Verizion FIOS and the downloads are atrociously slow on PSN for them. It is not however slow on a competitors online service (games on demand) which seems to be extremely fast, I downloaded Resident Evil 5 (the whole game) which was like 6 almost 7GB in size and it finished in less than an hour. I too experience slow downloads 90% of the time, BUT ONLY on PSN with my 20mbps connection. IT IS ON SONY'S SIDE FYI! They limit it, just like GameSpot limits your download if you're are not a paid user. [QUOTE="todd2r"]

gamenerd15

A lot of people download at 1MB oer second so your points are rather moot. I have verizon fios as well and no demo has taken me more than like 25 minutes and is equal to the competitor.

What the heck are talking about fanboy what?! Oh geez, I'll ignore that. Even a mod "Dracula68" agrees that it's faster on another console..so is he a fanboy? Can we have a civil convo without throwing out comments like yours because the truth hurts? I have a feeling several people aren't being honest here about their TRUE download speed. What's fast to them may actually be below the norm and slow, so they estimate it's taking them 20min when in fact it's probably taking them 40mins. Just sayin. I re-iterate that it's more than likely on Sony's side and a combination of people downloading at the same time. But it isn't a problem for another service for like 90% of people.
xX-Incubus-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 xX-Incubus-Xx
Member since 2009 • 1120 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="gamer082009"] Nope, because Sony limits the speed at which you download games from their servers. Don't believe the people that say it's your connection because I'm pretty sure it's not. You wont get full bandwidth capacity and I stress that PSN is free service..and free don't always get you the best sadly!gamer082009

What the heck are talking about fanboy what?! Oh geez, I'll ignore that. Even a mod "Dracula68" agrees that it's faster on another console..so is he a fanboy? Can we have a civil convo without throwing out comments like yours because the truth hurts? I have a feeling several people aren't being honest here about their TRUE download speed. What's fast to them may actually be below the norm and slow, so they estimate it's taking them 20min when in fact it's probably taking them 40mins. Just sayin. I re-iterate that it's more than likely on Sony's side and a combination of people downloading at the same time. But it isn't a problem for another service for like 90% of people.

Mods can be fanboys, they're people too. I think Caset_wagner is a self proclaimed lemming...90% of the fanboys you see in SW are trolls/alt accounts etc....I have to believe this cause it honestly makes me weep for humanity when I see some of the things said there...

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="gamer082009"] Nope, because Sony limits the speed at which you download games from their servers. Don't believe the people that say it's your connection because I'm pretty sure it's not. You wont get full bandwidth capacity and I stress that PSN is free service..and free don't always get you the best sadly!gamer082009

The truth is, a lot of people get 1MB per second and a lot of others do not. If some are and others are not, then that proves that it isn't completely on Sony's end if anything. Maybe the way their network is structured or something like that is preventing them from getting full speed, I don't know. Other people have claimed to download the God of War 3 demo in an hour or less. I personally got it in about 25-30 minutes. The truth of the matter is, not everybody thinks the PS3 is slower. Until you can actually prove that the PS3 is in fact slower on solid grounds, keep talk of the other console out of it. You always bring in the competitior yet again. Both systems are about even as far as my connection goes and I am sorry for those who are having trouble. Also just because more people experience something does make it fact. More people thought that the world was flat at one point and very few people thought the world was round, does that mean that it is a fact the the world is flat? No the exact opposite actually was the case. You can't prove anything and neither can I. How do you others are not being honest? Why should people believe you over others?

parasiteman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 parasiteman
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

the demo is 2 gb, what do you expect, 10 min? if your connection is fast enought, you can download it in under 30 min, just like me, so it's your connection