PC games to work on PS3 soon!!

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

"We will release a Linux version in Q4 2007 which will enable PC games to be played on the PlayStation 3"

Sources:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/10/27/pc-games-on-sony-ps3-using-game-streams-bad-for-xbox-360/

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a78532/ps3-to-allow-pc-games-to-run-on-it.html

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
YAYNESS!! If true cool!!
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
HAHA!!!:lol: When Halo 3 goes on the PC...:lol:
memberz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 memberz
Member since 2005 • 942 Posts

HAHA!!!:lol: When Halo 3 goes on the PC...:lol:Vyse_Legends

I never thought about that lol!!!

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

HAHA!!!:lol: When Halo 3 goes on the PC...:lol:Vyse_Legends

Hold the phone a sec, there is already a Gears of War on its way on the PC. The "other" company etc...haha

LordMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LordMe
Member since 2005 • 386 Posts
Ha, Now who lost alkl their AAA title's?
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
That is awesome...:o.
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts

any game thats published by microsoft will never work...

they would get sued and owned

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts

couldn't u do this before.. well maybe with lag.. cause i remember this kid at my school (she's like a mega computer nerd[No offense to anyone]) and she loaded guild wars from her computer to that school computer o_o..

only problem i saw was that she really had bad fps.. :x but interesting.. if they make it possible with no lag.. oh BAWB diggidy..
hopefully its free!

LordMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordMe
They would have to set the specs to what the PS3 can do. But this is still AMAZING news.
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 white45e

couldn't u do this before.. well maybe with lag.. cause i remember this kid at my school (she's like a mega computer nerd[No offense to anyone]) and she loaded guild wars from her computer to that school computer o_o..

only problem i saw was that she really had bad fps.. :x but interesting.. if they make it possible with no lag.. oh BAWB diggidy..
hopefully its free!

expanded

your only be able to get games not published by ms, that are made with opengl and that the publishers of whichever game gives permission... and expect it to be very exspensive so its not really that great.

mountain_duwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 mountain_duwe
Member since 2007 • 1636 Posts
Wait, can someone explain to me how this works exactly? Like, how you could get a PS3 game from a computer to a PS3, what you would need, etc...
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 expanded
I just noticed.. the guy's name on the picture is Jerome..
thats my name -_-
LordMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordMe

Wait, can someone explain to me how this works exactly? Like, how you could get a PS3 game from a computer to a PS3, what you would need, etc...mountain_duwe

My guess is you would have to install the entire game on the HDD. Which is like 12gigs. When a game is on the PC you can set the specs. Which the PS3 might auto-set them for you. And then it might be able to run...

BlackFro55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BlackFro55
Member since 2003 • 572 Posts
Sony software would still suffer. Although people would be purchasing PS3s for PC games, Sony makes no money off of the PC games purchased.So instead of making an effort to create better games for the PS3, gaming companies would stick to the PC and hope you can get a hold of that special Ps3. Hardware up, software down.
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

if it works....itll be slow as hell cause ps3 has like no ram

even YDL was running so slowly

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 expanded

[QUOTE="mountain_duwe"]Wait, can someone explain to me how this works exactly? Like, how you could get a PS3 game from a computer to a PS3, what you would need, etc...LordMe

My guess is you would have to install the entire game on the HDD. Which is like 12gigs. When a game is on the PC you can set the specs. Which the PS3 might auto-set them for you. And then it might be able to run...

Nah you don't have to install the game on the HDD. It's literally Streaming.. i highly doubt there would be no lag.. but they say None.. we shall see.
chriscbeck05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chriscbeck05
Member since 2003 • 127 Posts
so awesome
khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts
now PS3 gamers get to experience Halo 3 and (an improved) GeOW? THis is madness!
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 expanded
now PS3 gamers get to experience Halo 3 and (an improved) GeOW? THis is madness!khalid_b

don't get your hopes too high up.. its still in the works.. and when they say no Lag.. that can't be purely 100%!
I don't buy it. not to mention the trouble thats going to go on with microsoft finding a loop hole to sue someone
since the game is technically playing on a PS3 streaming from a PC
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 white45e

now PS3 gamers get to experience Halo 3 and (an improved) GeOW? THis is madness!khalid_b

like iv alrdy said.. any game published by ms would not be available.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Just so you know. The likes of Halo 3, or even 2 for that matter won't work as the REQUIRE Vista. It seems pretty much all the future M$ games are Vista bound to try to boost an otherwise crappy OS. Besides, why play Halo when you can play other BETTER FPS games like Quake and Unreal franchises?

Only thing that would catch my attention (if it supports Linux) is playing C&C on my PS3.

adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 adumar94
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
^I don't think that you understand how it works. It doesn't matter what the game is. The software will take input from the ps3, send it over the network to the PC running the game, the game video is captured and streamed back to the ps3. Quite simple, and they don't need permission from anybody. If you actually bothered to go to the site, you would see that it works with DX8,9,10 and OpenGL.
adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 adumar94

I was trying to reply to "white45e," but it wont let me edit my message.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 white45e

^I don't think that you understand how it works. It doesn't matter what the game is. The software will take input from the ps3, send it over the network to the PC running the game, the game video is captured and streamed back to the ps3. Quite simple, and they don't need permission from anybody. If you actually bothered to go to the site, you would see that it works with DX8,9,10 and OpenGL.adumar94

so what.. you really think they can just buy anygame they want and sell it and get profit ??

sorry but no thats illegal.......

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

[QUOTE="adumar94"]^I don't think that you understand how it works. It doesn't matter what the game is. The software will take input from the ps3, send it over the network to the PC running the game, the game video is captured and streamed back to the ps3. Quite simple, and they don't need permission from anybody. If you actually bothered to go to the site, you would see that it works with DX8,9,10 and OpenGL.white45e

so what.. you really think they can just buy anygame they want and sell it and get profit ??

i was under the impression you had to buy the game and have it on your pc...meaning you bought the licence to use that software. but maybe i read the article wrong.

Avatar image for spikeydude97323
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 spikeydude97323
Member since 2003 • 1286 Posts

Im confused, So your pc streams the games to your ps3? Just like the xbox does with music?

Does that mean you could install a decent game that can't run on your pc but the ps3 could play it anyway. My Pc can't play games like Geow is what im saying.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 expanded

[QUOTE="adumar94"]^I don't think that you understand how it works. It doesn't matter what the game is. The software will take input from the ps3, send it over the network to the PC running the game, the game video is captured and streamed back to the ps3. Quite simple, and they don't need permission from anybody. If you actually bothered to go to the site, you would see that it works with DX8,9,10 and OpenGL.white45e

lol.. doesn't the company already offer game streams for games like WoW.. Guildwars.. and such..
shouldn't those be illegal then? lol.. only difference with the article is that it's going to stream on a PS3 .. isn't it lol?
adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 adumar94

You still haven't even looked at their website. They are not selling games, just a way to play games over a network. The game is played on a PC.

Look, your blessed Halo is even listed as compatible.

http://www.streammygame.com/smg/modules.php?name=View_Games#H

Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Captain-Ichigo
Member since 2007 • 545 Posts
bungie might of already stopped halo 3 so i doubt it will be on pc but when i get my ps3 i will not be playing pc games cause of the fact that im getting a super pc also so its no point in be doing so
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="adumar94"]^I don't think that you understand how it works. It doesn't matter what the game is. The software will take input from the ps3, send it over the network to the PC running the game, the game video is captured and streamed back to the ps3. Quite simple, and they don't need permission from anybody. If you actually bothered to go to the site, you would see that it works with DX8,9,10 and OpenGL.GlassDominion

i was under the impression you had to buy the game and have it on your pc...meaning you bought the licence to use that software. but maybe i read the article wrong.

the only way this would work is if they streamed the game from a computer that they own and you simply pay to use the service and whatever games they have available.. if its just a program then u would also need a high end computer and a ps3 so the service would be useless..

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts

no this is Sparta!! :P

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GlassDominion
[QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="white45e"]

the only way this would work is if they streamed the game from a computer that they own and you simply pay to use the service and whatever games they have available.. if its just a program then u would also need a high end computer and a ps3 so the service would be useless..

why would you need a high end computer? from my impressions it just streems the program over to your ps3.

oh well, the article was kinda interesting but not enough info.

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
lolz cannot wait for that. That would be pretty awesome. Keep us posted on that.
Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Captain-Ichigo
there will be something like this on 360 but its unconfirmed and 360 gets iptv
adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 adumar94

There is more info at the official site. They explain how it works and system requirements.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 expanded
let us see if it can bring us what it really wants to bring to us!
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but only games made uner openGL will work in linux.
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="adumar94"]^I don't think that you understand how it works. It doesn't matter what the game is. The software will take input from the ps3, send it over the network to the PC running the game, the game video is captured and streamed back to the ps3. Quite simple, and they don't need permission from anybody. If you actually bothered to go to the site, you would see that it works with DX8,9,10 and OpenGL.GlassDominion

why would you need a high end computer? from my impressions it just streems the program over to your ps3.

well if u can just buy any pc game and install it on any pos computer and stream it to a ps3 then thats awesome but i doubt its that simple..

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
So your saying it would work if I used my Vista laptop???? If this works this feature will sell so many systems!!!!!! GeoW for PC on PS3 using streaming FTW!!!!!
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
How would a game that was made for a pc graphic system work on ps3? that doesn't make sense.
Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Captain-Ichigo
Not to burst your bubble, but only games made uner openGL will work in linux.trasherhead
finally this should be put to an end
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GlassDominion

How would a game that was made for a pc graphic system work on ps3? that doesn't make sense.callen3

PC games your able to adjust the visual setting right? so you just have to set it to run on what the ps3 offers.

Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Captain-Ichigo

guys its linux and probably cant run gears so oh well

adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 adumar94

Not to burst your bubble, but only games made uner openGL will work in linux.trasherhead

Not to burst your bubble, but the game, in this case, is not even running on the linux machine. But now, to burst your bubble, there is a little program called cedega (formerly winex) which lets you run DirectX games on linux.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 white45e

[QUOTE="callen3"]How would a game that was made for a pc graphic system work on ps3? that doesn't make sense.GlassDominion

PC games your able to adjust the visual setting right? so you just have to set it to run on what the ps3 offers.

theres more to it then graphic settings..lol

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 expanded
[QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="white45e"]

well if u can just buy any pc game and install it on any pos computer and stream it to a ps3 then thats awesome but i doubt its that simple..

they did mention something about installing a linux :s
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GlassDominion
[QUOTE="GlassDominion"]

[QUOTE="callen3"]How would a game that was made for a pc graphic system work on ps3? that doesn't make sense.white45e

theres more to it then graphic settings..lol

*shrug* only time will tell. they say they have pc games working on the ps3. so they have more idea what going on than me or you.

Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Captain-Ichigo

Sony probably wont allow this due to the fact that people are buying pc games instead of ps3 games