New Playstation Store impressions

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

Alright just got done downloading the new update and messing around with the store.. First things first the new store runs a hell of alot slower than the original one. It really doesnt look that much better then the old one. It's only slightly easier to find stuff and there is no new added content that I can see.

Overall so far I am not impressed with the new store.

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts

its rubbish... everything is so hard to find it makes me sad (the Europe store) and it runs crazy slow, not to mention searching for games by Genre is completely insane. They really shouldnt be proud of what they've given us.

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
I liked it, it's faster, prettier and still needs to be cleaned up a bit. Overall, eesss good!
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
I partially agree. The content actually doesnt seem more organised at all, full games and demos are mixed in the same sections and it seems slightly more disorganised than before. Also, its SO damn slow. The icons take forever to load and its actually pretty annoying. BUT, it looks damn nice with all off the new transitions and sounds! Hopefully there will be an update that increases the speed and then its almost perfect.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts

when i was on last night, none of the thumbnail images would load

i thought maybe this store would get rid of the double downloads we have to do. you know download it to hd and then install it, our competitors dont have this repetitiveness

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

I like it. The organization is fine and the navigation is much faster. The only thing that needs to be improved is that the thumbnails need to load faster.

Yay, 5k posts lol. I'm half way to my goal. XD

Ownsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ownsin
Member since 2007 • 1331 Posts
the new look sucks and i dont like it...
k0caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 k0caine
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts
looks good to me.:D
DWCsUpAFrEaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DWCsUpAFrEaK
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts

Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!DJCUEBALL

I completely agree.. i spend maybe a few minutes in the store tops.. i think the new look is great.. and the browse all is alot better than the last store.. however i do think something needs to be done about the thumbnail loading time.. but other than that.. stop complaining.. you'll get used to it.. now if they can just provide some consistent DLC and PS1 classics..

LordelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 LordelX
Member since 2004 • 1376 Posts
Thanks everyone. Guess I won't boher with the new Sonystore until they fix it. The drop in speed is inexcusable. No wonder "Home" isn't out yet, if they have this much trouble with the front end of the Playstation Network.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I think it looks better. The speed and icon loading problems will be sorted out soon. Its probably just a "launch day" hiccup of some kind.
onthalookout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 onthalookout
Member since 2005 • 1123 Posts
i could careless about the ps3 store, i dont even use that junk. where's the f'ckn cod4 maps? and how come a 700mb downloads takes lightyears to download its like the psn uses dial up servers. they need to fix the d/l speeds and come out with stuff thats useful. not a new ps store that's even slower.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
Different, but the same and it's running too slow.
SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts

US store = Incredible and a huge step up from the old one.

EU store = terrible and a huge downgrade from the original.

jroony96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 jroony96
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts
not impressed
StingrayX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18 StingrayX5
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
the new ps store is incredable and streamline, it goes 2x faster than the old store and its much easier to access goodies :)
louiscbrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 louiscbrn
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

I liked it as before

There are no specific catergories, like a person said - the demos are mixed with other games and etc. But I do look the new look - but I think it would be a bit better if it was slightly more specific. Oh, and its slow.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts
I think it looks great and it loads quicker than the old version. It's an improvement over the old store so I can't complain.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!donwon06

booo to your comment and your sig fanboy. all people are saying is their opinion on the store. personally i haven't even done the download yet, so i've yet to see for myself. the overall impression i'm getting from this board and others, is that a lot of people are not impressed. sony really does need to start stepping their game up and get the stuff out people really want. i think people are starting to get impatient with all their blank promises (i.e. in-game xmb). on another thread, someone posted pics of all the in-game stuff Sony was showing off at GDC 2005. It's been 3 years now!!

People are never satisfied and all they do is complain. Yes I am a fanboy, so what?

BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!DJCUEBALL

I completely disagree with you. I know Sony cant satisfy everyone but there really has been nothing new that I could do that I couldnt do before. I dont see why there was even an update with the new look cause you even said it yourself that you get on, download some stuff and you're out, so dont care about the look. Its people like you who complain about the old look which made Sony refix the store but should never had to cause it was fine the way before. I thought it was a complete waste of Sony's time in which they could be doing other stuff.

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarkCloud79
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts
I think the new store is very good, and definetly better than the old one. That said, they are probably working on the thumbnails problem, and they should change the EU stores to the US menu, it's much, much better. I think this will happen because there's already a buzz on the web about it. Really, however made that EU layout made a huge mistake.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DJCUEBALL

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!BrettB7400

I completely disagree with you. I know Sony cant satisfy everyone but there really has been nothing new that I could do that I couldnt do before. I dont see why there was even an update with the new look cause you even said it yourself that you get on, download some stuff and you're out, so dont care about the look. Its people like you who complain about the old look which made Sony refix the store but should never had to cause it was fine the way before. I thought it was a complete waste of Sony's time in which they could be doing other stuff.

Nope, I can care less of what the store looks like because I get on for a few minutes, get what I need to get and I'm out. So I don't care at all. The only thing I am looking forward to is better Flash in the browser (hopefully) and the xmb. That's it. I spend my time playing the games, not worrying about the store look or speed or this icon looks like this, like that etc. To me I just play the games. So don't tell me I complain because I can careless and am happy with whatever sony provides.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
Is this the best sony can do, its terrible. and so slow I got annoyed and turned it of. xbox markplace is so much better, theres just so much more u can do and checking out content for your games is a hell of alot better. Sony just copy MS they've nailed it.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJCUEBALL
MS never copies anybody ;)
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac3ec5507559
deactivated-5ac3ec5507559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ac3ec5507559
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts
[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!DJCUEBALL

Nope, I can care less of what the store looks like because I get on for a few minutes, get what I need to get and I'm out. So I don't care at all. The only thing I am looking forward to is better Flash in the browser (hopefully) and the xmb. That's it. I spend my time playing the games, not worrying about the store look or speed or this icon looks like this, like that etc. To me I just play the games. So don't tell me I complain because I can careless and am happy with whatever sony provides.

You obviously have not been on the EU store, there isnt even a category for demos or classics! I'm not saying the store is bad or anything its great and faster to use (the thumbnail problem will be sorted out soon) its just the way the content is organised on the EU store is rediculous, allmost every thing is divided into genres (action/adventure, sports, racing), even videos.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
good but slow.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DJCUEBALL
I agree though the EU store is crap and sad that they are not putting up more content on there and organizing it. I do wish though they release PlayTV here in the US
tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tsylord
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts

when i was on last night, none of the thumbnail images would load

i thought maybe this store would get rid of the double downloads we have to do. you know download it to hd and then install it, our competitors dont have this repetitiveness

grand17
Same problem here I can't see the thumbnails for the games, I want to check out the demos on the *** store but I need pictures as I don't know japaniese.
donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 donwon06
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts

gamepspot how you going to mod me for what i said. i didn't even say anything bad. all the crap i see people talk on here and not get modded. i had a thread where someone was trolling and "purposely annoying people" and you wouldn't even delete it. then you mod me for that crap. get out of here with that bs mayne.

@everybody

look at what DJCUEBALL above copy and pasted from my post. is that bad what i said? you mods need to actually pay attention to your boards and mod the people that deserve it. i see way worse stuff on here everyday, from people trolling, to just talking trash, so get your mod game up.
mrpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 mrpear
Member since 2003 • 222 Posts
[QUOTE="donwon06"]

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!DJCUEBALL

booo to your comment and your sig fanboy. all people are saying is their opinion on the store. personally i haven't even done the download yet, so i've yet to see for myself. the overall impression i'm getting from this board and others, is that a lot of people are not impressed. sony really does need to start stepping their game up and get the stuff out people really want. i think people are starting to get impatient with all their blank promises (i.e. in-game xmb). on another thread, someone posted pics of all the in-game stuff Sony was showing off at GDC 2005. It's been 3 years now!!

People are never satisfied and all they do is complain. Yes I am a fanboy, so what?

donwon... why would you even post a comment if you havent seen the store for yourself? You probably dont understand the necessary steps it takes to create something like an in-game xmb. Stop complaining to complain. If you think Sony is doing such a horrible job, why dont you go find something else to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc24faac533d
deactivated-5cc24faac533d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 deactivated-5cc24faac533d
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts
Personally I liked it. The screens flow more smoothly and its more pleasing to the eye than the old one.
Epipsychidion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Epipsychidion
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts
I like the new layout, but why when I live in Australia does the Australian PSN load slower than the US PSN for me???? And the fact that there is a difference between the two stores is just bizarre - why not have them the same?
romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

Seems good, way better than the old store, and the loading will probably get fixed the coming days.

What I don't get is how the hell they went for 2 weeks without updates to release the store, it's embarrassing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
why did they purposly ruin the eu verson?
mvp2488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mvp2488
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts
i honestly think its fine it doesnt feel like a web browser so im cool with it so every that is complaining needs to move on because sony probably improved the store becasue it wanted to not because it cares what everyone else thought about it so THANK YOU sony at least your attempting to make things better
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
aside from the slow loading time from the thumbnails it was an ok update.
gamedudeorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamedudeorino
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
Good enough for, lets not Forget. FREEEEE.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
I'm on 24 mbit ADSL 2+ and the Australia store runs like a 3 legged dog. I love the new design but here's hoping they increase the connection size the store is hosted on.
King_Chozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 King_Chozo
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
I think that the update is a massive improvement. The thumbnails are a bit slow in loading but the screens themselves are much faster not to mention you press circle to go back and it is instant rather than waiting for the page to load again (and when you press circle is doesn't just say, "do you want to exit the store?"). I like it a lot. I don't think it is difficult to find things anymore either. You also log into the store much faster now too.
brownwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 brownwhale
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts

I reallyu liked it, it goes faster than the old pn just the thumbnail pictues are slow to load. It seems more organized and it definetly more enoyable. The picture load ing is the only problem, plus, you just have to wait 3 seconds and go over the thumbnails and it will tell you what that thumbnail is for like a demo for free or a PS1 game for $6. I think this store it much nicer and they got it done before it was due which was on Thursday I think.

ravine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 ravine1
Member since 2005 • 833 Posts

The store still updates on thursday so that is when we get the maps and stuff. I think the new store is nice although I had gotten used to the old one.

Protector99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Protector99
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts

Yes much faster!!! I love it

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
I like it. Looking forward to when the images load instantly. Some category clean up has to be done on the EU Store. Overall It shows potential.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
17 hours after download, I give it a resounding "meh", until the loading and lag gets fixed and new content gets released. Thursday better freakin' rule, Sony.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Maybe its slow because there are like thousands of people on it considering they just downloaded it and everyone wants to see it.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
Guys its slow because so many people are on it, when the hype dies down, in a week it will be perfectly normal and faster then the old one.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

You obviously have not been on the EU store, there isnt even a category for demos or classics! I'm not saying the store is bad or anything its great and faster to use (the thumbnail problem will be sorted out soon) its just the way the content is organised on the EU store is rediculous, allmost every thing is divided into genres (action/adventure, sports, racing), even videos.jellis1992

Sounds like the old USA PSN you couldn't find anything on there. Anyways the new USA PSN is very good and fast. The pictures take time to load but that is exspected. With the new layout you can find anything now and it's easy to navigate.

coold_steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 coold_steam
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

i have to disagree with u

for the first time the PS opened in no time ..its nicer and faster than befor .

i like it and i think they did a good job

peace