New Playstation Store impressions

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 donwon06
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"][QUOTE="donwon06"]

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!mrpear

booo to your comment and your sig fanboy. all people are saying is their opinion on the store. personally i haven't even done the download yet, so i've yet to see for myself. the overall impression i'm getting from this board and others, is that a lot of people are not impressed. sony really does need to start stepping their game up and get the stuff out people really want. i think people are starting to get impatient with all their blank promises (i.e. in-game xmb). on another thread, someone posted pics of all the in-game stuff Sony was showing off at GDC 2005. It's been 3 years now!!

People are never satisfied and all they do is complain. Yes I am a fanboy, so what?

donwon... why would you even post a comment if you havent seen the store for yourself? You probably dont understand the necessary steps it takes to create something like an in-game xmb. Stop complaining to complain. If you think Sony is doing such a horrible job, why dont you go find something else to play.

did you see me complaining? all i said was that it's been 3 years and they still haven't lived up to all their promises. and i was talking to DJCUEBALL about him being a fanboy, so how are you even getting involved in this. go crawl back in the hole you came from.

LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts
Sux for you.....But I like it...its better and faster than the old one.
donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 donwon06
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"][QUOTE="donwon06"]

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!mrpear

booo to your comment and your sig fanboy. all people are saying is their opinion on the store. personally i haven't even done the download yet, so i've yet to see for myself. the overall impression i'm getting from this board and others, is that a lot of people are not impressed. sony really does need to start stepping their game up and get the stuff out people really want. i think people are starting to get impatient with all their blank promises (i.e. in-game xmb). on another thread, someone posted pics of all the in-game stuff Sony was showing off at GDC 2005. It's been 3 years now!!

People are never satisfied and all they do is complain. Yes I am a fanboy, so what?

donwon... why would you even post a comment if you havent seen the store for yourself? You probably dont understand the necessary steps it takes to create something like an in-game xmb. Stop complaining to complain. If you think Sony is doing such a horrible job, why dont you go find something else to play.

and since you seem to think you have so much knowledge about what goes into an in-game xmb. why don't you bless us all with that information?

Avatar image for T3h_M3tal_Biggz
T3h_M3tal_Biggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 T3h_M3tal_Biggz
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
word.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

its ok

DudasPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DudasPriest
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts
I think its awful. It may look and sound nicer but the thumbnails dont load so who cares if its organised better? It hardly matters as I cant see whats available unless I scroll though everything anyway to see what it is. The old one was much easier to use, I would have put up with it looking less good as at least it worked properly.
casale17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 casale17
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts
i thought the playsation store looked really good but most times i couldnt seen the image being displayed
insomniac_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 insomniac_dog
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts
I reckon it's a major improvement over the old store. I love it! The old one took minutes to load up, however this one streams through pages and links in seconds. Only the pictures are slow, and even that's not too bad. I reckon navigation is way easier too. I completely disagree with the TC on this one.
azadiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 azadiscool
Member since 2008 • 322 Posts
Haven't updated yet but from what I've heard so far I don't really want to lol
TheGamerUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheGamerUser
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts
Im sure it will be optimized as time goes on. The only thing that bugs me right now is the chime and beeps every time you select something or go back or foward a page.
swatpup102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 swatpup102
Member since 2003 • 289 Posts
Everything on it runs much much FASTER not slower. Just the thumbnails that aren't loading up right away, and I am sure they are working on that and are well aware of it.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Tidier, it's about time, i thought because it was free that PS online would be crap but hopefully it won't be the case.
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!DWCsUpAFrEaK

I completely agree.. i spend maybe a few minutes in the store tops.. i think the new look is great.. and the browse all is alot better than the last store.. however i do think something needs to be done about the thumbnail loading time.. but other than that.. stop complaining.. you'll get used to it.. now if they can just provide some consistent DLC and PS1 classics..

I also agree, besides the icons not loading very fast, its a great store. And yes, we need more PS1 games.

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

ITS FREE. THE PSN IS F****N FREE!!!! QUIT YOUR WHINING ALREADY.

Sublime306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Sublime306
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The new store is okay but, I expect to see a load of new stuff on thursday.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ronniepage588

also,

it looks ten times better than before (it actually looks like a ps3 menu, with the high def look and the background looking like the xmb background). and it does in fact load very fast (especially the start up)- the only thing loading slow is the thumbnails, which i garuantee will be fixed once they get things going.

and who knows, maybe your connection sucks.

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ronniepage588
[QUOTE="mrpear"][QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"][QUOTE="donwon06"]

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]Here we go with people complaining and whining on how stupid it looks, blah blah blah... get over it. This update looks good and is an improvement. Sony can't satisfy everyone, but you know what, they are doing a good job with the improvements. So everyone who is complaining, shut your traps and enjoy it. Plus do you just spend hours on PSN store anyway? You get on, download some stuff and you're out. That's it!donwon06

and since you seem to think you have so much knowledge about what goes into an in-game xmb. why don't you bless us all with that information?

are you too lazy and stupid to do it yourself? do your own research. too many people think its like, all sony has to do is load one little code that makes it pop up when you press pause, but it aint like that.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
its cool but kinda slow
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
I don't know about the Euro one considering I have the NA version, but it's definately way better than before. It's easier to download store, more sleek, faster and less choppy than the webiste version from before and its easier to navigate. The icons are better the only thing is that they take a while to load now that could just be because of the millions of people trying it out and you can expect it to be like that for a couple of weeks as we are getting a huge update on content this week. And even if its not because of that it only takes like 5 seconds for the icon to load usually and once its loaded it stays there so its not much of a problem stop complaining (unless you're Euro i havent seen your store yet) but theres always people who cry and whine when sony does something even when it's obviously better than the orginal thing they were first complaining about and i hate it.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
I like it. It may be a little buggy at the moment, but is much better than what we had before.
mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mattzz10
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
The whole look of it is better than before. The pictures can take a while to load, but the info is displayed very quickly. The start-up to get into the store is very impressive. It can only get better now.
loud_mouth_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72 loud_mouth_94
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I think that the new store is awsome. It actually loads the downloads themselves much faster than the the old store the only problem I have is the load time on the images, however if you feel like reading you can start downloading about 2 or three things before a single image has time to load.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
The only problem i had with it is, THE ICONS TAKE FOREVER TO LOAD!1!!
footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#74 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts
What dude i think its awesome!!!!!!!!!!1