Modern Warfare 2 has Martydom (God damn it)

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolin_PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 coolin_PS3
Member since 2009 • 225 Posts

According to PC Zone magazine, dogs and martyrdom are confirmed in Modern Warfare 2. Here is what was said:

Single player information:

"Elsewhere on planet Modern Warfare 2 I'm shown a snowy Russian pine forest with distant cable cars crossing the valley and beautifully rendered churned up mud on the roads. Here, I'm told, enemy APC's will storm over a nearby ridge and slide down the icy incline - firing as they slip and forcing you into the woods with shell-rocked snow falling from the trees around you. Beyond this, a snowdrift-packed village emerges beyond the misty forest, and beyond that again a full-on military installation - complete with tanks, submarines and various combat paraphernalia. This combined with the forays into Afghanistan, proves the Modern Warfare 2 will be a truly globe-trotting action adventure."

Multiplayer information:

"We're obviously building on the success we had with the last game", claims Infinity Ward studio head Vincent Zampella, "there's a lot of new stuff". As for exactly what, he won't be drawn on. It's promised that the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer wont simply be a set of new maps, but those excited at having snowmobiles in deathmatches should calm down - that's not happening.
The only other shard of information I could get from Zampella was that the grenade martyrdom achievement you can unlock in COD4, that I hate so dearly, isn't leaving. "But that's great! I loved that..." counters Zampella when I moan at him. It's definitely in then."

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
I hate them to, but you get use to them :(
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I dont like the perk nor do i use it. But having it in the game doesnt bother be as it can be easily avoided in most cases. I hope they add an better Clan System like Killzone 2
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
How wonderful. That's why it's known as call of dooty. Operation Flashpoint 2 ... FTW !!
smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

Sigh...... ah well.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 idk761
How wonderful. That's why it's known as call of dooty. Operation Flashpoint 2 ... FTW !!bussinrounds
Operation Flashpoint 2 is going to be great, but I might just buy MAG instead.
PSN-SCRODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 PSN-SCRODE
Member since 2008 • 652 Posts

Well I guess ill stay with MAG of Flashpoint(looks sick)

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Oh well. I'll deal with it.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
this is a non-issue for me...
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
Yea, juggernaut is really just minor thing. I'm really tired of cod's tiny maps and arcady gameplay though. I feel like i'm fighting in a cage. It's really just a close quarter combat game.
seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 seannn199
Member since 2008 • 1137 Posts

i rather would have second chance/last stamd be taken off

justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 justified615
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts

Yeah, that martyrdom stuff can be a pain in the neck, but it can be avoided at times. I wish it was out, though.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Juggernaut is way worse. Nothing like shooting people with a BARRET .50 CALIBER SNIPER RIFLE and having them not die. Awesome.

justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 justified615

Juggernaut is way worse. Nothing like shooting people with a BARRET .50 CALIBER SNIPER RIFLE and having them not die. Awesome.

yokofox33

Aw yeah!!!!!! Don't let me get started on juggernaut! That piece of n00bish crap.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

lol. i dont mind martydom. i use sometimes too. just to make people mad. lol

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckman5

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

justified615

Aw yeah!!!!!! Don't let me get started on juggernaut! That piece of n00bish crap.

What isn't noobish in your opinion? Practically everyone picks the exact same perks!
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

I'll give you one helpful hint. RUN AWAY!!!

justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 justified615

[QUOTE="justified615"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Duckman5

What isn't noobish in your opinion? Practically everyone picks the exact same perks!

Well in terms with COD, IMO, I consider n00bishness to be when someone needs to use a perk, that increases their health enough to have you waste a clip and a half just to kill them. And you are blasting them in the body and/or head, up close not missing a bullet, I might add, then they spend no more then a couple of seconds on you. Also, I will use yokofox33's example, when you fire at someone with a powerful sniper rifle, andyou know you hit them in a good spot, and, hell, lets say you shoot at them a 2nd time and yet they do not cease to be living.Thats just too much of an advantage.They can't kill efficiently without it. Killing without perks like that, thats not n00bishness IMO.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 idk761

BrettB7400
But sometimes it is just a habit to run over a dead body for some strange reason.
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Good, my favorite perk is returning

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts

According to PC Zone magazine, dogs and martyrdom are confirmed in Modern Warfare 2. Here is what was said:

"Elsewhere on planet Modern Warfare 2 I'm shown a snowy Russian pine forest with distant cable cars crossing the valley and beautifully rendered churned up mud on the roads. Here, I'm told, enemy APC's will storm over a nearby ridge and slide down the icy incline - firing as they slip and forcing you into the woods with shell-rocked snow falling from the trees around you. Beyond this, a snowdrift-packed village emerges beyond the misty forest, and beyond that again a full-on military installation - complete with tanks, submarines and various combat paraphernalia. This combined with the forays into Afghanistan, proves the Modern Warfare 2 will be a truly globe-trotting action adventure."

Multiplayer information:

"We're obviously building on the success we had with the last game", claims Infinity Ward studio head Vincent Zampella, "there's a lot of new stuff". As for exactly what, he won't be drawn on. It's promised that the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer wont simply be a set of new maps, but those excited at having snowmobiles in deathmatches should calm down - that's not happening.
The only other shard of information I could get from Zampella was that the grenade martyrdom achievement you can unlock in COD4, that I hate so dearly, isn't leaving. "But that's great! I loved that..." counters Zampella when I moan at him. It's definitely in then."

coolin_PS3

I don't see anything in here about dogs. I seriously doubt that MW2 will include the 7-kill streak dog attack,

justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 justified615

[QUOTE="coolin_PS3"]

Multiplayer information:

dirtydishko2

I don't see anything in here about dogs. I seriously doubt that MW2 will include the 7-kill streak dog attack,

They will probably put a new 7-kill streak reward attack in there, but what can it be!!

Solid_Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Solid_Cipher
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
One word, "MAG"
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Duckman5
One word, "MAG"Solid_Cipher
completely different types of shooters. They can both be good. (Along with BFBC 2 of course)
justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 justified615

[QUOTE="Solid_Cipher"]One word, "MAG"Duckman5
completely different types of shooters. They can both be good. (Along with BFBC 2 of course)

Yeah, BFBC2 should be good.

The_punisher23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_punisher23
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts
what i hate are jugger noobs i mean i waste a whole round but still wont die then they kill me give me a message that i suck then after a game i cuss them out bad lol. oh and i also hate last stand i mean i kill them and some dude steals my kill when they're on ground
disbadaszfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 disbadaszfool
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts

I remember once, I was playing a clan match on Gamebattles and we won the match because of a Martydom. It was hilarious.

kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kiraburu
Member since 2008 • 537 Posts

Its just part of the game i dont really mind, you can avoid it or just dont "play" with the corpses for the replay video, if you know what i mean....

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

BrettB7400

I'm sure you've never died by martyrdom since you have figured that out. People don't realize that it's usually not the person you kill and run over their body and die, but usually when you're advancing and come around a corner to where your teammate just killed someone, and you have a grenade right there waiting for you. It's a stupid perk and contributes to make that game all the more frustrating

T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Ahhhh. I can just picture how frustrated I'm going to be. I'm still going to get the game though. :P

BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

BPoole96

I'm sure you've never died by martyrdom since you have figured that out. People don't realize that it's usually not the person you kill and run over their body and die, but usually when you're advancing and come around a corner to where your teammate just killed someone, and you have a grenade right there waiting for you. It's a stupid perk and contributes to make that game all the more frustrating

I'll have the occasional times where I just die from martyrdom but I usually stay away from my teammates by going opposite of what everyone is going and pretty much own.

-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

*Sigh* Ah well.. the game better turn out to be good.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

BrettB7400

I'll have the occasional times where I just die from martyrdom but I usually stay away from my teammates by going opposite of what everyone is going and pretty much own.

In TDM or something you most likely won't die by it much, but in game modes like Domination and HQ, you can't even help it sometimes. People throw enough grandes as it is, I don't see why IW thinks one needs to come out after someone dies.

My favorite is when someone comes around and corner and throws a grenade at me, I kill them, run straight to avoid the thrown grenade, die by martyrdom. Pure skill right there

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

People will still get it like me, but come on that's gonna make the game just as stupid as the first. I do think that with W@W due to bigger maps Marytrdom was less effective, but man this isn't good news that it's still in because it can be so ridiculous at times...

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
I'm sure the Juggernaut perk is in MW2 aswell
chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#37 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
Martydom in hardcore: *Martydom noob is killed by kthxbi454* * kthxbi454 is TEAMKILLED by martydom noob* kthxbi454: are you serious? TURN OFF YOUR MARTYDOM IN HARDCORE Martydom noob: d00d ur just jealous u dont has teh martydom
LilWyte419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LilWyte419
Member since 2007 • 543 Posts

I was hoping they would take martyrdom out but oh well, cod4 has it and it's my favorite game anyway.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

I was hoping they would take martyrdom out but oh well, cod4 has it and it's my favorite game anyway.

LilWyte419

Yeah, I agree. It's not my favorite game, but it's one of my favorites.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

Martydom in hardcore: *Martydom noob is killed by kthxbi454* * kthxbi454 is TEAMKILLED by martydom noob* kthxbi454: are you serious? TURN OFF YOUR MARTYDOM IN HARDCORE Martydom noob: d00d ur just jealous u dont has teh martydom chapnzaba

LMFAOOOOOOO

edge426723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 edge426723
Member since 2008 • 208 Posts

just do not walk near a player u just killed problem solved

Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

deduct .5 for keeping martydom

L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

"o no mortydoom, how will i ever survive an entire match"

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

As JT would say... "cry me a riiiiver."

It's not that big of a deal. There's always some annoying way someone gets you. It's all part of the game.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

yay, it's confirmed that I'm not getting it :D

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Off to the land of Bad Company 2. I hated Martyrdom I really did. Especially when your own teammates would use it in hardcore games.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
they suck but what can you do.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Yes! Easy points!

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

I really dont see Martyrdom as a problem. Some players run towards enemies(other players) when they die which is a mistake, but you hear the grenades drop so you can easily avoid martyrdom.

Me myself sometimes use the perk and make still make the mistake by running to an enemie after death.

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

no big deal for me...i almost never die from it.

Im sure other pros dont die from it either :)