Modern Warfare 2 has Martydom (God damn it)

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

This is terrible news

eddy96_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 eddy96_1
Member since 2003 • 1388 Posts
awesome... my favourite perk
Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts

No big deal. Matyrdom is not an issue for me, I rarely die from it. I laugh at people who hate martyrdom but are ok with last stand, yeah I can't pull a pin on a nade before I die, but I can whip out my sidearm for ten seconds :lol:

Fact: Only rookies die from martyrdom.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

^ Fact? So every person on CoD is a rookie? If I have martyrdom on (which is never) I can make people die by it. I could just run around with a stun grenade cooked and get up close to you. You'd kill me and the stun grenade would restrict you from getting away from it. I guess that would make you a rookie than right?

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#55 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I don't mind it really. The one that annoys me, is claymores. Nothing like going around a corner and hear "click, booom" :P

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
without martyrdom who would i know to yell at? :lol: that sucks though, as do the dogs... but lets hope the weapons make up for it (just so long as they don't have Juggern00b i'l be happy)
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I don't mind it really. The one that annoys me, is claymores. Nothing like going around a corner and hear "click, booom" :P

M0wen10

Not unless you planted them though. Then the "click, boooom" is sweet music to your ears :P

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Shhadow_Viper

^ Fact? So every person on CoD is a rookie? If I have martyrdom on (which is never) I can make people die by it. I could just run around with a stun grenade cooked and get up close to you. You'd kill me and the stun grenade would restrict you from getting away from it. I guess that would make you a rookie than right?

BPoole96
Every pro has a rookie moment. ;) Letting martyrdom get you is a rookie moment. If you consistently die from martyrdom, maybe it is time to reevaluate your playstyle. That said I am not that great my ratios (win/loss, Kill/death) are barely above 1.20, but I am not that much of a beginner that martyrdom gets me.
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
Just don't run over the body that you just killed, how bloody hard can that be?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Shhadow_Viper

Every pro has a rookie moment. ;) Letting martyrdom get you is a rookie moment. If you consistently die from martyrdom, maybe it is time to reevaluate your playstyle. That said I am not that great my ratios (win/loss, Kill/death) are barely above 1.20, but I am not that much of a beginner that martyrdom gets me.

I seem to die by it because every goddamn person on the enemy team has it on. I hate killing a guy and either having to sprint out of a room because of it, then getting shot down, or killing a guy, having some other people come into a room, kill them, but then die by the first guys martyrdom. It's such a stupid perk. It seems it only really used by rookie players. No good player I know uses it. Steady aim and Dead Silence are much more useful anyway. Putting that perk on it basically saying, "Hmm I tend to die a lot, so I'll just put on this so I can get kills for being so bad at this game".

Plus, as this has been realized by several players, if the person has already thrown all of their grenades, why do they still drop one once their dead? Stupid perk...

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Shhadow_Viper

[QUOTE="Shhadow_Viper"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

I seem to die by it because every goddamn person on the enemy team has it on. I hate killing a guy and either having to sprint out of a room because of it, then getting shot down, or killing a guy, having some other people come into a room, kill them, but then die by the first guys martyrdom. It's such a stupid perk. It seems it only really used by rookie players. No good player I know uses it. Steady aim and Dead Silence are much more useful anyway. Putting that perk on it basically saying, "Hmm I tend to die a lot, so I'll just put on this so I can get kills for being so bad at this game".

Plus, as this has been realized by several players, if the person has already thrown all of their grenades, why do they still drop one once their dead? Stupid perk...

Meh, every perk helps players, hence why they are perks. I agree it is a perk for noobs, as they have a perk set up for when they die, but they should not be dying. It's not hard to imagine the player saves a nade just in case. Just like the three frag perk that player has more than one nade, it's really not a stretch that the loadout has an additional nade. I guess I just am not bothered by something so petty and trivial.
samosir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 samosir
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
I liked Cod4, this is need be similar it is okay. I don't mind. Maybe soon it will be release
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Shhadow_Viper"] Every pro has a rookie moment. ;) Letting martyrdom get you is a rookie moment. If you consistently die from martyrdom, maybe it is time to reevaluate your playstyle. That said I am not that great my ratios (win/loss, Kill/death) are barely above 1.20, but I am not that much of a beginner that martyrdom gets me. Shhadow_Viper

Meh, every perk helps players, hence why they are perks. I agree it is a perk for noobs, as they have a perk set up for when they die, but they should not be dying. It's not hard to imagine the player saves a nade just in case. Just like the three frag perk that player has more than one nade, it's really not a stretch that the loadout has an additional nade. I guess I just am not bothered by something so petty and trivial.

I was never really a fan of the perk system. I know it allows players to adjust their character to fit their playing style, but perks that allow cheap kills just bother me. Although I didn't like MGO, I liked the perk system on that much better than I do on CoD

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
i wanted vehicles like they have in battlefield :( and please anything but dogs again, i still have nightmares about them in WaW
Eliminator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Eliminator666
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts
So Noobydom is back huh?
coolin_PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 coolin_PS3
Member since 2009 • 225 Posts

I'll give you one helpful hint. RUN AWAY!!!

BrettB7400
Its sucks when you get stuck in a corner so can't escape either way
maxsparkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 maxsparkson
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

its usually pretty easy to escape from

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#68 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
How wonderful. That's why it's known as call of dooty. Operation Flashpoint 2 ... FTW !!bussinrounds
really i heard it was C**k of doody.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I don't know why people are so uptight about martyrdom -- don't hang around after you kill someone and you won't get blown up.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Argh god damnit. Martydom is the reason I just got frustrated playing COD4 5 minutes ago. Every single god damn time a map comes up that is classed as small/medium then it's garunteed your gonna die of a grenade from Martydom at least 5 or 6 times in that match.
AnAfghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 AnAfghan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Yea, they also said they are going to tone it down.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#72 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I'd rather have martyrdom than juggernaut.

Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

2 year old rehash *sigh*

Ticklethis275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74 Ticklethis275
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

I personnly like Martydom. Just simply dont teabag the person you just killed and you won't be picking gernade out your butt.