MASSIVE List of games coming out in 2012 - MUST SEE for all Vita owners

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="danish-death"]

[QUOTE="CooperThief"]

That Sine Mora game looks interesting. I'll have to keep my eye on it.

Looking forward to AC3:L, Black Ops Declassified, Sly 4, Sound Shapes, etc.

BUT WHEN IS LBP BEING RELEASED? :evil:

koryuk

There is no firm release date, but I bet you that Sony won't let this slip and become a flop. Uncharted was obviously rushed, same can somewhat be said about Resistance, but LBP will be the first true Sony game to not feel rushed and actually deliver. That and Silent Hill was pushed from March 2012 to Fall 2012 so I also believe we might see a decent Silent Hill game. That's at least what I believe Sony is aiming for :0)

Oh and my guess is either fall or holiday (concerning LBP release date).

The games looks great but the fire looks like it is off a normal ds its so bad. That part of uncharted looks rushed

While I wasn't necessarily talking about the graphics (concerning the game being rushed) I completely agree. The flames looked horrible to an otherwise good looking game.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
WOW man now I'm glad that I bought my Vita early! And I cant wait for the Youtube app and their bringing Hulu+ to the vita!? Awesome they should also bring NFL Network to the Vita that would sell even more cause Football fans with a wifi Vita can just connect to a hotspot and watch a game while on the go. :D
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#53 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
[QUOTE="danish-death"] While I wasn't necessarily talking about the graphics (concerning the game being rushed) I completely agree. The flames looked horrible to an otherwise good looking game.

That's due to the fact that fire is extremely difficult to render on a large scale, from a performance standpoint. I've heard an interview with Naughty Dog (developer of the PS3 games) about the difficulty they had in rendering fire, which required some unique coding "hacks" to make it render at a suitable framerate. I'm not sure what sorts of tricks Sony Bend used, if any, but I know that fire is one of those game development challenges that few developers have done well.
CBN16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CBN16
Member since 2012 • 407 Posts

Are the developers of AC: Liberation the same as 3, or are they the people who made Brotherhood and Revelations?

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Granpire
Liberation's being developed by Ubisoft Sofia, the developers behind several smaller projects Ubisoft has given them, mostly a few cheap ports, remakes, and cash-ins. They've ported Raving Rabids to PC/Mac, helped remake Prince of Persia Classic, made of couple of Chessmasters, and developed the 3DS game Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, which was quite good, from what I've read. It's hard to judge the studio based on what they've done, as they've always been forced to adopt the limits of smaller games, but this could be their big break. They seem like a talented enough group of people, and if they're given proper resources for this game, it might turn out to be something special.
CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

how many of these are vita exclusives because 9 times outa ten id rather just get the game for the ps3 which makes the vita less apealing (im looking to buy my vita tomorrow)

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 danish-death
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Liberation's being developed by Ubisoft Sofia, the developers behind several smaller projects Ubisoft has given them, mostly a few cheap ports, remakes, and cash-ins. They've ported Raving Rabids to PC/Mac, helped remake Prince of Persia Classic, made of couple of Chessmasters, and developed the 3DS game Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, which was quite good, from what I've read. It's hard to judge the studio based on what they've done, as they've always been forced to adopt the limits of smaller games, but this could be their big break. They seem like a talented enough group of people, and if they're given proper resources for this game, it might turn out to be something special.

I fear that the game will suffer because of the release date. I obviously don't know how long they've had to develop the game, but I just don't hope it's rushed, especially now that they're a somewhat inexperienced team. And yes I do agree that this could be their big break if they nails it.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 danish-death

how many of these are vita exclusives because 9 times outa ten id rather just get the game for the ps3 which makes the vita less apealing (im looking to buy my vita tomorrow)

CDWJUSTIN

Exclusives 2012:

• Assassin's Creed
  • Call of Duty
  • DJ Max Technika
  • Project Diva
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Orgarhythm
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
  • Silent Hill: Book of Memories
  • Smars As
  • Monkey Ball Banana Splitz (yes I do believe this is a retail game)
  • Time Travelers (not sure if this will release in NA)

Not exactly exclusives, but updated ports with more contents and better graphic (only available on the Vita):

• New Little King's Story
  • Persona 4: Golden

Games only available on the PS3/Vita

• Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Sly 4

Games released in 2013

• Killzone
  • Soul Sacrifice
  • Dragon's Crown (PS3/Vita)
  • Phantasy Star Online (PSV/PC)
  • Warriors Lair (Ruin)(PS3/Vita)
  • Unknown game from Konami/Kojima (PS3/Vita)
  • Unknown game from Square Enix (PS3/Vita)
  • Unknown game from Sony Liverpool (PS3/Vita)
  • Unknown game from Rockstar

And then there are various PSN titles that I cannot be bothered to list, but all of the above mentioned are retail games, although I Smart As could easily be a PSN title.

So there will be plenty of exclusives and this is all within the first year. Other games already released that are exclusive and retail are:

• Unit 13
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Lumines
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Gravity Rush
  • Touch My Katamari
  • Army Corpse of Hell
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
I think it's safe to say that the Vita will be in good hands down the road.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Granpire
I'm curious, where did you find most of this information, particularly that about a SCE Studio Liverpool game? They've been making nothing but Wipeout games and F1 games since they were bought by Sony, so I'd be interested to find out more about what's next for them. Also, you forgot the Bioshock game, even though that's quite far-off.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 danish-death
[QUOTE="Granpire"]I'm curious, where did you find most of this information, particularly that about a SCE Studio Liverpool game? They've been making nothing but Wipeout games and F1 games since they were bought by Sony, so I'd be interested to find out more about what's next for them. Also, you forgot the Bioshock game, even though that's quite far-off.

The list is taken/borrowed from Neogaf. SCE Liverpool announced some time ago that they're making a cross-platform game. It's no secret really. They have, however, made games such as Roll Cage and.. G-Police?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Granpire

No, they actuall published rather than developed those two games, and that was back when they were called Psygnosis.

I've done a bit of digging and uncovered an interesting article on PlaystationLifestyle, based on this job listing.

So yes, it seems to be true. Here's hoping it's something totally new, and not just another Wipeout game...

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 danish-death

No, they actuall published rather than developed those two games, and that was back when they were called Psygnosis.

I've done a bit of digging and uncovered an interesting article on PlaystationLifestyle, based on this job listing.

So yes, it seems to be true. Here's hoping it's something totally new, and not just another Wipeout game...

Granpire
meh.. They just released the hd/fury tracks to WO2048 so I really Hope not.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Granpire
Either way, they're extremely talented developers with great technical skill. I just know they could be doing so much better than Wipeout. It's a brilliant racing game, I'm just starting to think it's pushed the limits of what it can do already. I think it might be time to hand that franchise to another developer, and give SCE Liverpool something that will push them a little harder. Still, after so many years, I wonder if they're capable of making a non-racing title? I'd love to see them try...
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Awesome job on the list.

Lots of potential import-only titles though,

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

But I have been told Vita has no games,

A GAME employee even convinced my brother to not get one because of this

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 danish-death

But I have been told Vita has no games,

A GAME employee even convinced my brother to not get one because of this

Zaibach
There Are no games. The soon to come Vita Game Heaven is a lie. Just like the cake.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Wow. Nice list.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#69 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
These games need greater visibility. Seeing and hearing nothing from them for months at a time is damaging. Sony dropped the ball at E3 by not at least running a montage of upcoming games. Amongst those games I still don't see a Monster Hunter-calibre system-seller but I do see a few games I'd love to play myself (Persona 4 Golden, Zero no Kiseki Evolution, FFX HD).
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Cheers TC! Appreciate the effort :D

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 danish-death
Figured I'd bump this. Gamescom is tomorrow so hopefully we'll see new games + more info on AC, CoD, SH and Warrior's Lair.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Couple really good looking games i may get LittleBigPlanet, Assassins creed, and Call of duty. Playstation all stars, i need more info on and hopefully a demo. That Malicious rebirth screen looks intresting but it says TBA, and i may get Zone of the enders if it has online multiplayer.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Figured I'd bump this. Gamescom is tomorrow so hopefully we'll see new games + more info on AC, CoD, SH and Warrior's Lair. danish-death
Agreed :D Although a CoD: BOD reveal has alrady been confirmed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#74 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Wow, nice list! Didn't even know about the majority of these games. I will have to add this to my favorites.

When people complain that the Vita has no games I can be like, "READ THIS."

You should add 'Piccoto Knights', though. It's a free game that looks kind of like Castle Crashers or Spiral Knights.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 danish-death

Wow, nice list! Didn't even know about the majority of these games. I will have to add this to my favorites.

When people complain that the Vita has no games I can be like, "READ THIS."

You should add 'Piccoto Knights', though. It's a free game that looks kind of like Castle Crashers or Spiral Knights.

Ovirew
Most of those games won't WOW people, at least as of this moment. Hopefully LBP, AC and COD will be good since those 3 will be aimed for the masses.
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

This is what i think of the upcoming games youve listed

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

There are quite a few games in this list I will most likely play but are all guranteed to be released state side?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#78 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

This is what i think of the upcoming games youve listedpc-ps360
LOL. Good one. And when you're busy shelling out the cash like a madman, you can be all like this.

...but are all guranteed to be released state side?FallofAthens
A lot of them still aren't. But I like to give TBA games the benefit of the doubt, at least for a year or so.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Virtue's Last Reward is my prized possession.

TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

What worries me is whether or not some of these games become localized. The PSP had a ton of games and support in Japan, and even in Europe, that we never saw stateside. I hope that doesn't happen with the Vita.

nick36001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 nick36001
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts
I may have to go out and buy a vita. LPBV sly cooper FFX HD im sorry buy who doesn't lve jet set radio! Also a lot of unique looking platformers RPGS.