Kingdom Hearts 3 going multi ?(Square's Decisions of Development)

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Rumored to not come out at least around 2010 but the only that the puzzles me is

1) Star Ocean is suppsoed to be a 360 Exclusive

2) Last Remnant is out on the 360 first...(even though mulitplatform)

3) FFXIII is a Multiplatform

4) KH3 ?............(????)

What's going in Square Enix's Head ?!?!?!

(point is that it looks as if its a chance Square would not make KH3 a Exclusive even though they are working with Versus XIII)

Legna_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 448

#3 Legna_san
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
The Kingdom Hearts team are busy with Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Young_Charter
Okay but think about it. Now if Square Enix is starting to make Exclusives and etc on the 360 don't you guys think that its a chance the KH could be on the 360 also ?
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

Rumored to not come out at least around 2010 but the only that the puzzles me is

1) Star Ocean is suppsoed to be a 360 Exclusive

2) Last Remnant is out on the 360 first...(even though mulitplatform)

3) FFXIII is a Multiplatform

4) KH3 ?............(????)

What's going in Square Enix's Head ?!?!?!

(point is that it looks as if its a chance Square would not make KH3 a Exclusive even though they are working with Versus XIII)

Young_Charter

There is a very big possibility that both KH3 and FF13vs arrive on 360, i mean FF13 was the only one that would never apper in my book, and yet it did, why not the others

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts
Yeah, I think it's very possible to go multi-plat, why shouldn't it? SE said they aren't focusing their Games on one platform anymore. But seriously, where's the problem, you can still pley them on your PS3?
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Does it matter? Aslong as you get to play the game please stop complaining.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Young_Charter
The point is that the PS3 is not going to have Exclusives for itself and Square is really turning its back on the PS3 putting other exclusives on the 360
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 K1LLR3175
The point is that the PS3 is not going to have Exclusives for itself and Square is really turning its back on the PS3 putting other exclusives on the 360Young_Charter
I will say once again,does it matter?Aslong as you get to play the game just stop complaining.The only game that I have seen so far to be alittle on the Dishonest side was Star ocean 4.Sony still has plenty of good excusives.People worry about the most miniscule things these days.Just play the game and be happy.Stop being such a loyalist.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 K1LLR3175
sometimes is jus fun to laugh at friends with xbox 360's and wii's tho haha, i feel ya pain man, i looked have a ps and ps2 knowing FF series would strictly for it haha =PShaolinSun
I am going to give you the benifit of the doubt and say that english is not your first language.But you all really need to stop being loyalist to something.In times like this you can end up very dissapointed very easily.
ShaolinSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShaolinSun
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
whoa, i didnt proofread, im mad tired, anyways... im not starting a beef, im jus simply stating how some people possibly think, no need to get hostile
Legna_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legna_san

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]The point is that the PS3 is not going to have Exclusives for itself and Square is really turning its back on the PS3 putting other exclusives on the 360K1LLR3175
I will say once again,does it matter?Aslong as you get to play the game just stop complaining.The only game that I have seen so far to be alittle on the Dishonest side was Star ocean 4.Sony still has plenty of good excusives.People worry about the most miniscule things these days.Just play the game and be happy.Stop being such a loyalist.

Word.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope might eventually get released on the PS3, I mean, two tri-Ace exculsives for the Xbox 360 seems a little too much. XD And yeah, probably most of Square Enix games will be multiplatform, but I'm sure there will be, at least, two or three exculsives for the PS3 from SE during it 8 to 10 year cycle.

Seriously, who cares.

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

versus is supposed to be a exclusive to ps3 for some odd reason but im not sure if kh3 would go multi plat cos it had kh1 and 2 on ps2 so it would leave the 360 games in the dark but on the other hand there is a possibility because chain of memories was on gba and theres also another kingdom hearts coming out on ds along with psp so who knows they might just go multiplatform but with different games. anyways who cares just as long as we get to play the game lol

Zuperflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zuperflee
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts
My only problem with the PlayStation 3 losing exclusives is the fact that Bill throws an annoying lot of money around for exclusive Microsoft DLC. Should Final Fantasy XIII get DLC for the Xbox 360 version I'll cry. Really.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 K1LLR3175
My only problem with the PlayStation 3 losing exclusives is the fact that Bill throws an annoying lot of money around for exclusive Microsoft DLC. Should Final Fantasy XIII get DLC for the Xbox 360 version I'll cry. Really.Zuperflee
Now see that is the one thing I hate.When DLC becomes exclusive.That makes no sense at all.Fallout 3,GTA4.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

versus is supposed to be a exclusive to ps3 for some odd reason but im not sure if kh3 would go multi plat cos it had kh1 and 2 on ps2 so it would leave the 360 games in the dark but on the other hand there is a possibility because chain of memories was on gba and theres also another kingdom hearts coming out on ds along with psp so who knows they might just go multiplatform but with different games. anyways who cares just as long as we get to play the game lol

crashndash

We all know what "exclusive" and "only on" means for Square after FF13, so we will see

Legna_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Legna_san

[QUOTE="Zuperflee"]My only problem with the PlayStation 3 losing exclusives is the fact that Bill throws an annoying lot of money around for exclusive Microsoft DLC. Should Final Fantasy XIII get DLC for the Xbox 360 version I'll cry. Really.K1LLR3175
Now see that is the one thing I hate.When DLC becomes exclusive.That makes no sense at all.Fallout 3,GTA4.

I don't see that happening to FF XIII, because Japan only get FF XIII for the PS3, so you know, if the Xbox 360 ver had exclusive DLC, then Japanese fans will miss out. Of course, SE might change their minds and make FF XIII available for JP Xbox 360 players..

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts
I don't understand the "who cares?" or "does it matter?" comments. It's an evidence the game will be very different if it's developed only on PS3, look a bit at Heavenly sword, Uncharted, and soon Killzone 2 ; don't you want exceptional games? X360 hardware is getting more and more behind, so if a game is 100% developed for PS3 it will have better graphics, animation, shading and sound (PCM cannot be made on X360)
Legna_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Legna_san
Good point, but seriously, I don't care whether Kingdom Hearts III ends up being an PS3 exclusive or multiplatform. But yeah, it about time developers realise what the PS3 can actually do...
Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#21 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

Does it matter? Aslong as you get to play the game please stop complaining.K1LLR3175

Totaly agree, the only complain about it that I can think of is that if it will be multiplatform the graphics won't be that great as if it will be PS3 esclusive.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 K1LLR3175
I don't understand the "who cares?" or "does it matter?" comments. It's an evidence the game will be very different if it's developed only on PS3, look a bit at Heavenly sword, Uncharted, and soon Killzone 2 ; don't you want exceptional games? X360 hardware is getting more and more behind, so if a game is 100% developed for PS3 it will have better graphics, animation, shading and sound (PCM cannot be made on X360)TheTenth10
I will say this only one more time.Who cares.Aslong as you can play the game,well that is all that matters.Don't worry we know for a fact that there will ALWAYS be exclusives to keep the console war interesting.But for the ones Sony does loose it really does not matter.End rant...again.
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
heh, I see KH3 having a bigger chance of being on another console than on the ps3, so mult-platform doesn't sound too bad for me. SE has changed, they aren't making as many exclusives these days.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
Since the KH team is currently working on FFvsXIII -- a game not due out until after FFXIII (which will be lucky to make late this year Japan only) im begining to think KH3 might be on PS4/ Wii2/ Next-box. Afterall its looking like development won't start untill 2010 and the game won't be released untill atleast 2012 in Japan (possibly even taking until 2013 or 2014 to come out based on how much big it is and when work on FFvsXIII finishes...)

TheKvazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 TheKvazzy
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
i think to play FFXIII and versus you need at least the blueray player on xbox360, thank god i have a ps3 :), and for kingdom hearts i dont know what they are doing they are puting all kind of kingdom heart games out on every console so i think they will make the 3rd one for xbox360 and ps3
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Young_Charter
The world may never know... *Sigh* now im starting to go with the who cares lol
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#27 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Please...PLEASE! KH3 has not even been announced, so drop it already. Ps: Stop with the fanboy crap & accept the fact that the gaming industry is a $$$ making buisness, so multiplatform gaming issues are thorns in the side to fanboys only. This is my opinion.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Young_Charter
opnion is too late. Plus the KH3 So called "Fan boy" wasn't the point. IT was about SQUARE ENIX the topic's over.
kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts
Honestly, I'm glad The Last Remnant came out for the 360 first. They'll be able to fix the abysmal frame rate issues for the PS3 version.
majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

Kh3 will be go or not because FF13 or FF13V still not release......and another......there will be difference on next release of square enix games they are gonna experiment the ps3 enviroment and 360 enviroment on social on japan it will sell a ton on that area..........we still dont know...the capacity of blue-ray and ps3.....there are chances ff14 will be PS3 exclusive on your imaginative thinking....like on MGS4 thing

and we still dont star ocean 4....will be success.....on 360? if been release already so it will multiplatform...on ps3

future is very mysterious thing...

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 K1LLR3175
Please...PLEASE! KH3 has not even been announced, so drop it already. Ps: Stop with the fanboy crap & accept the fact that the gaming industry is a $$$ making buisness, so multiplatform gaming issues are thorns in the side to fanboys only. This is my opinion.MusashiSensi
LOL.I was wondering when you were going to jump in.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
Please...PLEASE! KH3 has not even been announced, so drop it already. Ps: Stop with the fanboy crap & accept the fact that the gaming industry is a $$$ making buisness, so multiplatform gaming issues are thorns in the side to fanboys only. This is my opinion.MusashiSensi
and a good opinion it is. i totally agree.
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts
opnion is too late. Plus the KH3 So called "Fan boy" wasn't the point. IT was about SQUARE ENIX the topic's over.Young_Charter
Actually the topic isn't over cause it's no dead :P Seriously though, you sound like the world is going to end if KHIII is released on the 360 as well as the PS3. As MusashiSensi said, it's not even been confirmed, plus with what someone said earlier on about the KH Team working on FF Vs XIII, it's doubtful KH III will see 2010 anytime soon. And I'll agree with K1LLR3175 : Who cares?! I mean come on, as long as you get the game on the PS3 should you really give a damn whether the 360 get's it or not? And in IMO I think people will stick with the PS3 versions (FF XIII, FF Vs XIII, KH III) cause the Playstation is where they are well known on.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I don't understand why gamers don't understand that devs aren't making games for their pleasure--they're out to make $$$, and if that means going multiplatform, then so be it. Seems like a lot of people get pissed or mad at devs for doing what's best for them. Get over it and welcome to the real grown up world behind gaming.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 K1LLR3175
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]opnion is too late. Plus the KH3 So called "Fan boy" wasn't the point. IT was about SQUARE ENIX the topic's over.Puscifer_No1
Actually the topic isn't over cause it's no dead :P Seriously though, you sound like the world is going to end if KHIII is released on the 360 as well as the PS3. As MusashiSensi said, it's not even been confirmed, plus with what someone said earlier on about the KH Team working on FF Vs XIII, it's doubtful KH III will see 2010 anytime soon. And I'll agree with K1LLR3175 : Who cares?! I mean come on, as long as you get the game on the PS3 should you really give a damn whether the 360 get's it or not? And in IMO I think people will stick with the PS3 versions (FF XIII, FF Vs XIII, KH III) cause the Playstation is where they are well known on.

Please call me K1 lol.But thank you.
lcw0810883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lcw0810883
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
As K1 said, I don't really care whether any type of games is multi-platform or solely exclusives. My biggest concern is I need a decent games with a good story, graphic, sound and gameplay for PS3. Thats all I want!! Can't ask for more?!!
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
Does it matter? Aslong as you get to play the game please stop complaining.K1LLR3175
It only matters if being multiplatform has a negative effect on the game's quality - so long as that's NOT the case, I don't care which consoles SE decides to make KH3 on as long as it stays on the PS3. Also, I can't say I wouldn't be pissed if we had to wait longer for them to port it to other consoles if they finish it on the PS3 first.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 K1LLR3175

As K1 said, I don't really care whether any type of games is multi-platform or solely exclusives. My biggest concern is I need a decent games with a good story, graphic, sound and gameplay for PS3. Thats all I want!! Can't ask for more?!!lcw0810883
Exactly.I would rather have good Multi-platform game with a great story and gameplay then have a Terrible exclusive and say to myself 'Well atleast the 360 can't get this one' The one thing that sucks this gen is the fact that game companies don't know what the word loyalty means.

And by that I don't mean Square Enix making FFXIII for the 360.I mean companies like Bethesda making Fallout 3 content for the 360 and PC only cause Microsoft can cut them a big ol check.I have a 360 aswell and it still seems wrong.I know in this crazy economy every penny counts but I would rather be a broke lover than a rich bastard.....if that makes sense lol.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 abdelmessih101

But we all know it's coming so what's the problem with discussing it, even if it is a little premature?

By the way, I do agree somewhat with the second part of your post. The only time multiplatform vs exclusive matters to me is when:

1. a game's quality is sacrificed to put it on more than one console
  2. I have to wait for the game to be ported to or made on another console after the PS3 version is done before I can play it
  3. a game that was supposed to be on the PS3 becomes exclusive to another console
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="lcw0810883"]As K1 said, I don't really care whether any type of games is multi-platform or solely exclusives. My biggest concern is I need a decent games with a good story, graphic, sound and gameplay for PS3. Thats all I want!! Can't ask for more?!!K1LLR3175
Exactly.I would rather have good Multi-platform game with a great story and gameplay then have a Terrible exclusive and say to myself 'Well atleast the 360 can't get this one' The one thing that sucks this gen is the fact that game companies don't know what the word loyalty. And by that I don't me Square Enix making FFXIII for the 360.I mean companies like Bethesda making Fallout 3 content for the 360 and PC only cause Microsoft can cut them a big ol check.I have a 360 aswell and it still seems wrong.I know in this crazy economy every penny counts but I would rather be a broke lover than a rich bastard.....if that makes sense lol.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I still have a problem with the FFXIII debacle because SE announced it as a PS3 exclusive and then went multiplatform - if they announced multiplatform from the start, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
im really sure that i read somewhere about star ocean 4 comeing to ps3 but after the xbox360 one .. like a timed exclusive .
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 K1LLR3175

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="lcw0810883"]As K1 said, I don't really care whether any type of games is multi-platform or solely exclusives. My biggest concern is I need a decent games with a good story, graphic, sound and gameplay for PS3. Thats all I want!! Can't ask for more?!!abdelmessih101
Exactly.I would rather have good Multi-platform game with a great story and gameplay then have a Terrible exclusive and say to myself 'Well atleast the 360 can't get this one' The one thing that sucks this gen is the fact that game companies don't know what the word loyalty. And by that I don't me Square Enix making FFXIII for the 360.I mean companies like Bethesda making Fallout 3 content for the 360 and PC only cause Microsoft can cut them a big ol check.I have a 360 aswell and it still seems wrong.I know in this crazy economy every penny counts but I would rather be a broke lover than a rich bastard.....if that makes sense lol.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I still have a problem with the FFXIII debacle because SE announced it as a PS3 exclusive and then went multiplatform - if they announced multiplatform from the start, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

If people did not get upset about the most minuscule things there there would be no problem period.It is just a game,a video game for our entertainment.Something to get us from the real world.I kinda figured that the game was going multiplatform.

You need to stop the Loyalist stuff.I ain't trying to be smart.And in a way I see where you are coming from but like I said,at the end of a day...it is just a game.As long as you get to play it that is all that matters.Like you said aslong as the quality does not sink then everything is A OK.Lost planet was announced as a 360 exclusive....but look how that turned out,same thing goes for Dead rising,but it got released on the Wii.Things change over time.It is what makes things interesting,I guess whether you like that interest or not.

Legna_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Legna_san
Seriously, someone needs to lock this topic, it's going nowhere. XD
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#44 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I can't see Kingdom Hearts 3 going multiplatform, The KH series have always been a huge sucess on Playstation 2 worldwide.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 K1LLR3175

I can't see Kingdom Hearts 3 going multiplatform, The KH series have always been a huge sucess on Playstation 2 worldwide.

benleslie5
Same thing goes for Star ocean I believe.....
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 K1LLR3175
Seriously, someone needs to lock this topic, it's going nowhere. XDLegna_san
I agree.
Leostatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Leostatic
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"][QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]Exactly.I would rather have good Multi-platform game with a great story and gameplay then have a Terrible exclusive and say to myself 'Well atleast the 360 can't get this one' The one thing that sucks this gen is the fact that game companies don't know what the word loyalty. And by that I don't me Square Enix making FFXIII for the 360.I mean companies like Bethesda making Fallout 3 content for the 360 and PC only cause Microsoft can cut them a big ol check.I have a 360 aswell and it still seems wrong.I know in this crazy economy every penny counts but I would rather be a broke lover than a rich bastard.....if that makes sense lol. K1LLR3175

If people did not get upset about the most minuscule things there there would be no problem period.It is just a game,a video game for our entertainment.Something to get us from the real world.I kinda figured that the game was going multiplatform.

You need to stop the Loyalist stuff.I ain't trying to be smart.And in a way I see where you are coming from but like I said,at the end of a day...it is just a game.As long as you get to play it that is all that matters.Like you said aslong as the quality does not sink then everything is A OK.Lost planet was announced as a 360 exclusive....but look how that turned out,same thing goes for Dead rising,but it got released on the Wii.Things change over time.It is what makes things interesting,I guess whether you like that interest or not.

The flaw in your rants should be obvious: The lack of it being an exclusive isn't (at least for me) about noone else being allowed to play the game just for bragging rights or some sense of "fanboyism." It's about the inherent downgrade of quality that has come with so many games BEING multi-plat. There are too many games that provide evidence for said lost quality, and in the case of exclusives, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, soon to be KZ2, etc, the effect of exclusivity and its relationship with quality is glaring. As a consumer, I want the best bang for my buck...and keeping certain games exclusive helps better ensure I'm getting all I'm paying for.

Does THAT make sense to you? :)

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 K1LLR3175
Well what about the games that are exclusives that are not good.Like Haze,Lair,Dark kingdom.Using exclusives as an excuse for good games is a bad thing to do.Games like Battlefield bad company and quite a few others that are multiplatform are in great playable shape.Bioshock,eternal sonata,Burnout paradise,Condemned 2,Oblivion Dead space,Mirrors edge etc,etc,etc....the list goes on and on.Games that are made poorly on the PS3 are made because of lazy-ness.That's why.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 abdelmessih101

[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"][QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]Exactly.I would rather have good Multi-platform game with a great story and gameplay then have a Terrible exclusive and say to myself 'Well atleast the 360 can't get this one' The one thing that sucks this gen is the fact that game companies don't know what the word loyalty. And by that I don't me Square Enix making FFXIII for the 360.I mean companies like Bethesda making Fallout 3 content for the 360 and PC only cause Microsoft can cut them a big ol check.I have a 360 aswell and it still seems wrong.I know in this crazy economy every penny counts but I would rather be a broke lover than a rich bastard.....if that makes sense lol. K1LLR3175

It's more about game quality than about being loyal - when a game transitions from exclusive to mutliplatform, one of two things must happen: 1) The developers split their time making the game on more than one console and the quality of the game suffers. 2) The owners of the lead platform have to wait until the developers port it to or make in on another system before they get a chance to play it, even though it it already finished on one console. I hope that the latter is occurring with FFXII because I don't want the quality to be sacrificed in any way - but at the end of the day, I'd rather not have to wait.