infamous highly overrated?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

Well even I am a sony fanboy but come on Infamous is not that great.

I mean graphics dont match upto sony exclusives like Killzone 2 or resistance 2 or MGS4 or uncharted

only attractive thing is the gameplay and freedom which in my opinion gets repetitive after sometime.

THIS GAME IS JUST AVERAGE AND NOT AAA STUFF!!! this is how i felt playing Infamous

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Man, I love opinions too.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I mean graphics dont match upto sony exclusives like Killzone 2 or resistance 2 or MGS4 or uncharted

only attractive thing is the gameplay and freedom which in my opinion gets repetitive after sometime.

THIS GAME IS JUST AVERAGE AND NOT AAA STUFF!!! this is how i felt playing Infamous

jaidev004

Okkkaaaaayyy. One question then. Do you have the full game?

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

I feel the exact same way.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

1UP said on their latest ListenUP Podcast that the game is very glitchy with odd NPC behavior, bad in-game cutscenes, etc. I agree with them from the demo.

But, they liked the game and thought it was still fun enough to give an A-! And they said reviewers wouldn't be being so easy on it if it weren't so much fun to play.

And from the demo, it's definitely fun to play.

I don't know really. I'm just tired of reviewers looking over flaws in more hyped titles, then absolutely coming down on them in less hyped titles. It shows a true flaw in the reviewing system.

bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 bullschwitz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
its definatly a gameplay-oriented game. I like the art style though, very murky and depressing.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

inFAMOUS demo was awesome!

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
InFamous is another rare case of awesome gameplay that is so good people could really not give a **** less about the graphics. Sure the glitches are annoying, but for the most part I don't even notice them because I'm so involved in the gameplay. Also, TC, Resistance 2 did not have that great of graphics at all. I really think that should be removed from you list of comparisons if you want to maintain a little credibility here. ;)
jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

Infamous graphics i would give 6/10 ( I found wolverine graphics better lol)

gameplay 8/10

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="jaidev004"]

Infamous graphics i would give 6/10 ( I found wolverine graphics better lol)

gameplay 8/10

Wolverine graphics better?? Ouch.... That was a low blow, dude. lol
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

1UP said on their latest ListenUP Podcast that the game is very glitchy with odd NPC behavior, bad in-game cutscenes, etc. I agree with them from the demo.

But, they liked the game and thought it was still fun enough to give an A-! And they said reviewers wouldn't be being so easy on it if it weren't so much fun to play.

I don't know really. I'm just tired of reviewers looking over flaws in more hyped titles, then absolutely coming down on them in less hyped titles. It shows a true flaw in the reviewing system.

BioShockOwnz

Those cons don't really affect gameplay thats why. And in-game cutscenes aren't the main story telling method which is why they suck. Every game being made has the capacity to be fun but not every game has the capacity to be on the cutting edge of graphics, otherwise every PS2 game would be getting low scores and obviously thats not right.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Gameplay > Graphics

ALWAYS

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

graphics don't equal fun.. not too mention there isn't a game on the ps3 that has so bad of graphics that the game can't be tolerated.. seriously graphics are a non issue this generation, people need to stop bringing them up in a debate whether a game is good or not..

it's a demo, really just wait for the full game before passing a judgement..

every big title game is overrated, who cares what others think.. play the game and enjoy it or don't..

not too mention it's an exclusive..

seriously... this is getting ridiculous..

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Zidaneski

Those cons don't really affect gameplay thats why. And in-game cutscenes aren't the main story telling method which is why they suck. Every game being made has the capacity to be fun but not every game has the capacity to be on the cutting edge of graphics, otherwise every PS2 game would be getting low scores and obviously thats not right.

Oh, I definitely agree with you. I just find that to be the case with other games, too, yet reviewers seem to be quite harsh on them. Reviews always seem a bit inconsistent, so I usually just buy a game if it interests me.

And to the person that said Wolverine looks better... really? I thought Wolverine was quite ugly, but inFAMOUS looks pretty good, especially considering it's a sandbox game. Oh well, to each his own.

ravenofclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ravenofclouds
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I don't know if it's me only, but I don't like how the characters run in the game, specialy Cole. He is moving like chimp. It gives the game "Cheap" look. I think they've could done a better job. Just make it look a bit pretier. I didn't play much of the game yet, so can't give final judgment, but that's my fist impression.

bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bullschwitz

I don't know if it's me only, but I don't like how the characters run in the game, specialy Cole. He is moving like chimp. It gives the game "Cheap" look. I think they've could done a better job. Just make it look a bit pretier. I didn't play much of the game yet, so can't give final judgment, but that's my fist impression.

ravenofclouds
seriously? I though cole had some of the best character animation Ive seen in a while.
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

jaidev004

lol since when are games about graphics? Sure they get better with every generation, but what's most memorable is gameplay and story. Graphics are forgotten once the next best looking game comes out. And when since FREEDOM is repetitive? To me, this means free to do as you please, meaning do a story driven mission, side mission, collect stuff, should I keep going or do you get the point? But to each his own. :)

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

Holy cow where did you get your time machine? Can i borrow it i wanna play

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
i think all sandbox games in general get really repetitive. i'm probably not going to buy it.
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
it will be for some and not for others theres a wide spectrum of opinions on every game its what makes things interesting it also means neither side is right when they say its under or over rated. i for one didn't think it was anything special but i don't think people who think its the greatest ps3 game to date are crazy or even wrong they enjoy it immensely i enjoy it on a much smaller scale doesn't make either of our opinions the gosspel truth on the matter.
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
inFamous was never about graphics... i mean, look at GTA4, that was one ugly looking game in places, and the framerate was a joke at times... but it was still a good game... infamous is very fun... and i will be buying it day one...
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Why do people always give graphics more weight than gameplay? I played the demo(3 times over actually) and I thought it was really fun. Visuals aren't over the top or anything, but they're good enough. The superpowers are diverse, the open world is interesting to make use of, and reminds me a lot about jak 2 + 3. I think this is going to be an awesome game, and I don't even know that much about the story yet.

tenlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tenlong
Member since 2009 • 312 Posts

it looks a fun game. i so want.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
Man, I love opinions too.hazelnutman
Damn, just what I was thinking. And on a side note, this is what blogs are for ;)
bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bullschwitz

PLS DONT COMPARE INFAMOUS TO GTA4

GTA4 IS MUCH MORE SUPERIOR TO INFAMOUS IN EVERY SENSE

jaidev004

stop yelling.

And I disagree

Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#27 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
Dudes! I think that inFamous' graphics is quite good. Maybe the developer doesn't pay attention about the game size so that they can manage to get inFamous with better graphics in ONE BD. :P Well, its graphics is nowhere as good as MGS4 though, not to mention KZ2 (watch from Video, I don't own the game yet).
creaM-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 creaM-
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
well prototypes graphics dont look too outstanding either. sandbox type games dont seem to really focus on the graphics which is understandable since it may take too much disc space (who knows). and id rather have an ugly game that plays good than a pretty one thats plays like piss :)
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

If you're basing all this on the demo, then you should consider playing the real thing when it comes out. What inFamous lacks in graphics, it makes up for in gameplay.

lukas1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lukas1051
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts
Admittedly, the graphics aren't very good, quite jagged edges and dull environments. I loved the open-world gameplay of it, reminds me of Spiderman 2 for the PS2. I love open world games, so it's perfect for me, but it's all down to opinion I guess. As long as the story missions are fairly varied (which I've heard they are), I think it'll be great.
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

jaidev004
Man, kids these days are sure spoiled...
SillySkeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SillySkeleton
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

Believe it or not, there are people that hated MGS4 and Killzone 2, as well. You may not like the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't really good.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

Believe it or not, there are people that hated MGS4 and Killzone 2, as well. You may not like the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't really good.

SillySkeleton
if you change "hated" to "thought they were okay, and not the greatest thing since slice bread" then that person has just quick quoted you.. who could it be.. *SPOILERS* that person was me!
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Dude stop critising(sorry, cant spell XD) a game u most likely havent played...The demo is out thats it... Unless your like in gamespot, IGN or some other gaming site that got it early which is highly unlikely..

And i agree with others, graphics are only remembered until a game with better graphics comes out....

Also, just to let u know the graphics are supposed to be like that its a game that is like half animation and half serious graphics...
Like a mature version of Sly....

This game is also mainly told ingame not by cutscenes, thats what i have heard....

CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
Why are teenagers with a PS3 always going on about graphics? I really couldnt care less about them and I'd defintely take 16bit SNES graphics and good gaming over todays style over substance mugglewump. inFamous is going to be a good game and I can't wait to play it because it's something different for once.
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

Dude stop critising(sorry, cant spell XD) a game u most likely havent played...The demo is out thats it... Unless your like in gamespot, IGN or some other gaming site that got it early which is highly unlikely..

And i agree with others, graphics are only remembered until a game with better graphics comes out....

Also, just to let u know the graphics are supposed to be like that its a game that is like half animation and half serious graphics...
Like a mature version of Sly....

This game is also mainly told ingame not by cutscenes, thats what i have heard....

hot_shot_9

i agree that the focus on graphics is stupid, i also agree that the OP is wrong, since its impossible that the game is overated because the persons rating the game truly enjoyed it and you can't argue that they didn't. i didn't care for the game either but people have to see both sides on this some people are gonna like it others aren't we all have different standards and people should stop taking things so personally and try to be a bit more objective and understanding and ease up on the attacks.

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#37 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts

'kay, even fanboys have opinions (Some worse then other and replace their opinions with their fantasies but that's another story)

So what? Does everything have to be like Killzone, MGS4 or whatever? :roll:

only attractive thing is the gameplay

No duh, it's a game.

which in my opinion gets repetitive after sometime.

Doing the samething over and over does get old, it's just the demo with only like 3 missions. But I can't stop playing it so, :P

That's your story, your tale, your...OPINION

dun dun Duuuuuuun!

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

jaidev004

You're calling the game "average" just because of graphics? That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. To myself and many others, games aren't about graphics, though they are a nice bonus. Games are about great music, great gameplay, and most importantly, a great story. If you're just playing for graphics, you should sell your systems and just PC game, because these machines won't stand up to a top of the line PC. InFamous has really good gameplay and, from what I hear, a pretty decent story. I'm really looking forward to this game, as the demo was a decent play.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
i love it.
amekhov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 amekhov
Member since 2007 • 987 Posts

Another douche who only cares about graphics and not gameplay?

I think so..

sasapac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sasapac
Member since 2008 • 1056 Posts

infamous is an awesome game. the game hasn't got graphics like killzone 2 or uncharted but it has great gameplay andstory witch make the game deserve it's score

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#43 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

What do you expect? This is an open-world game. It would take ages to get the graphics as good as Resistance 2 or Uncharted all over New York.

Plus the gameplay takes my mind off the occassional glitches I had, and I haven't even played the full game yet, so . . .

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="bullschwitz"]

[QUOTE="jaidev004"]

PLS DONT COMPARE INFAMOUS TO GTA4

GTA4 IS MUCH MORE SUPERIOR TO INFAMOUS IN EVERY SENSE

stop yelling.

And I disagree

I disagree, too. For a GTA4 to be a superior game it has to have at least moderately addictive gameplay, but you know what? It doesn't. It was boring, stagnant old gameplay from long ago. I've ran over enough pedestrians in my time with the GTA series, and the only thing that could keep me interested would be an awesome story (of which it has none). Talking about overhyped, GTA4 was hands down (IMO) the most overhyped game this generation. I've put more hours into the InFamous demo than I put into all of GTA4. :(
sagax03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#45 sagax03
Member since 2008 • 230 Posts
Same here fan is old my copy of GTA4 and got 70 dollers for it on ebay. Talk about overated (i have a way fo getting games early legally) GS gave it a 10, i played GTA4 for 2 hours and sold it. GTA:SANANDREAS is fun but inFAMOUS is better than it. I have the full game to vouch for it.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Bad graphics, really?

For an open gameplay game such as Infamous, the visuals are crisp with great textures, something even GTA4 should learn from. Like any open sandbox game, you either like it or not.

That doesn't make the game bad, it's only a opinion of individual.

Some of you are over-exaggerating with the hate for whatever personal reason.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nephilim83
whats funny is i made a thread similar to this a couple weeks ago, claiming it to be over-hyped and will evetually dissapoint... and thre thread was met with extreme resistance, alot of pety fnaboys cryin over a game they have never even played... the thread was a evntually deleted, and i was labelled a troll....well.....my my my....how the tables have turned.... INFAMOUS IS ONE OF THE WORST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED. the graphics remind me of the world map on final fantasy 8, espcially the train mission lmao...the train looks like the crappy 2-d train on ff8 world map....is 2009 PEOPLE !!! tthe AI is the most retarded you will ever see....people walking, stop, walk again...randomly waking into cars and buildings lol.. random thugs in hoodies shooting at u from the otherside of the city...wow, just wow.....who knew low end street thugs had such amazing aim the game is a joke...and the 9.2 rating ign gave it is a completely mockery...compae it to their other 9+ rated games...and infamous is nowher enear int eh same league.... the game is bad.Lethaface99
Dude, have you even read through this thread? 99% of the people here still agree that InFamous is phenominal. So, just like you, this TC failed..... :lol:
FLYEboi50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 FLYEboi50
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts
why do people always think that graphics make a good game? has anyone learned from the past. Assassin's Creed. Great graphics, but sofa king repetitive. And please ppl stop posting comments about a game that you most likely don't even have yet.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nephilim83
INFAMOUS IS ONE OF THE WORST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED. the graphics remind me of the world map on final fantasy 8, espcially the train mission lmao...the train looks like the crappy 2-d train on ff8 world map....is 2009 PEOPLE !!! .Lethaface99
By the way... You're Trolling again. ;)