infamous highly overrated?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

Guys just compare the graphics of GTA4 and infamous and you can clearly see the difference 'Infamous' has really poor textures for buildings in the city.

And whoever says gta4 has worse graphics must be blind

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="jaidev004"]

Guys just compare the graphics of GTA4 and infamous and you can clearly see the difference 'Infamous' has really poor textures for buildings in the city.

And whoever says gta4 has worse graphics must be blind

Well, obviously its not about graphics here, is it? A lot of us enjoy games for gameplay. And GTA4 has very bland textures. Thats how that game holds together so well. If they would have balanced Infamous's graphics a little better and chllled out on the textures a bit then they'd have a pretty integral world as well.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Well it is only overrated, if you hype the game up.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"] Dude, have you even read through this thread? 99% of the people here still agree that InFamous is phenominal. So, just like you, this TC failed..... :lol:Lethaface99
hell no... read the negative comments regarding infamous across all forums, now....and compare it to before the demo dropped...theres a big difference. and i know for a fact my people are getting annpoyed and overly emotional over its criticism...why ?...because my post was deleted. the mod was so hurt by post that he had to delete, how pathetic the game is rubbish...it really is.....and when it is finally released...we'll see an even bigger % of ps3 owners criticising it...the game was over-hpyed and highly over-rated....its a bad game...simple as that. its 2009 the were in the next-gen console age...so why the hell arte games still looking like their made for ps1 ?....

Dude, you fail to see things the way they actually are. InFamous was hyped up, yes. It got some people excited about it that wouldn't actually enjoy it therefore they are disappointed. I'm sorry for you guys. But for the majority of us this game is living up to the hype. I put in over ten hours on the demo. How can that be a bad game. Also, there are tons of people saying that they weren't even interested until they actually played the demo and really liked it. Oh, and you should read all those threads that were posted by people who did not care for the game. They are all slam full of positive comments. There's not one on this forum where even three quarters of the posters agree with you. So, yeah, you are most likely wasting your time trying to convince people here. InFamous being a bad game is your opinion and not fact, so don't state it as such. And the reason you got modded is because you are intentionally annoyiing people. And calling the mods pathetic isn't going to score you any points either. ;)
Lethaface99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lethaface99
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
intentionally annoying people ? how ?....by giving my honest opinon...WOW. so are the people giving your + reviews and opinons...are they trolling aswell ? infact, im going to go play the demo again, just to make sure.... but the fact that you put 10 hours in on it, kinds makes me feel very sad for you...is'nt the demo like 45mins long ?...so 10 hours means you're over doing it jsut slightlyr....seriously...the game was nowhere near that amazng to play for 10 hours...your posts are the complete opposite of mine, our opinions display the same extermeity but at the same time are completely opposite...so why is 1 person being modded and other is'nt ?....in other its like saying one opinion is right and one is wrong ?....which ever mod eleted my post should be removed. 10 hours tho....wow.
SionPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SionPT
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

Bunch a graphics whores!!!!!!!!!!

Its freaking sandbox, how long have you been playing games, 1 year?!

sandbox never take priority on graphics, its most about gameplay then ever other thing (and diversity)

and thats where infamous shines, plus no one expect anyone who has played the entire game and analized it can tell its repetitive or not.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

I found the graphics quite enjoyable and why does it seem to me that people bashing them are expecting MGS4 quality in a GTA4 enviroment? No current console can handle that at all.....

As for the game itself...... Well, I think it's awesome.

spence1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 spence1988
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
for someone with 15 posts, you just scream troll lol especially seeing the only posts you make are negative. Just throwin that out there lol And pleeeeeeeeeease, the train looks nothing like a 2D train from FF8 - get over yourself, even if it did - graphics don't mean a roll of beans in sand box games. You're basing a full opinion on a retail game merely by three missions from an incomplete demo.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Nephilim83

intentionally annoying people ? how ?....by giving my honest opinon...WOW. so are the people giving your + reviews and opinons...are they trolling aswell ? infact, im going to go play the demo again, just to make sure.... but the fact that you put 10 hours in on it, kinds makes me feel very sad for you...is'nt the demo like 45mins long ?...so 10 hours means you're over doing it jsut slightlyr....seriously...the game was nowhere near that amazng to play for 10 hours...your posts are the complete opposite of mine, our opinions display the same extermeity but at the same time are completely opposite...so why is 1 person being modded and other is'nt ?....in other its like saying one opinion is right and one is wrong ?....which ever mod eleted my post should be removed. 10 hours tho....wow.

Lethaface99

OMG, dude, just stop. How are you not intentionally annoying people? You said, "alot of pety fnaboys cryin over a game they have never even played... the thread was a evntually deleted, and i was labelled a troll....well.....my my my....how the tables have turned.... INFAMOUS IS ONE OF THE WORST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED" That is a retaliation of sorts and is quite annoying. And large caps are obvious as they are the equivelent of yelling and are a big no no on GameSpot. And, please, don't be sad that I found a game that I will highly enjoy and get my money out of ten fold. I've paid sixty bucks for crap games that I barely got 8 hours of play time out of. Here I got 10 hours of play time for free. I win no matter how you look at it. If anything I should feel sad for you for not being able to enjoy a great game. ;)

Also, I'm not getting modded, because I'm not being rude. If you'd only practice a little diplomacy when posting your opinions they'd not be so poorly recieved and you wouldn't be modded. There's nothing wrong with saying a game is not as good as you thought it'd be, but saying that it sucks in all caps is a terrible way to express yourself if you want you opinion to be respected at all.

Lethaface99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lethaface99

[QUOTE="Lethaface99"]intentionally annoying people ? how ?....by giving my honest opinon...WOW. so are the people giving your + reviews and opinons...are they trolling aswell ? infact, im going to go play the demo again, just to make sure.... but the fact that you put 10 hours in on it, kinds makes me feel very sad for you...is'nt the demo like 45mins long ?...so 10 hours means you're over doing it jsut slightlyr....seriously...the game was nowhere near that amazng to play for 10 hours...your posts are the complete opposite of mine, our opinions display the same extermeity but at the same time are completely opposite...so why is 1 person being modded and other is'nt ?....in other its like saying one opinion is right and one is wrong ?....which ever mod eleted my post should be removed. 10 hours tho....wow.

Nephilim83

OMG, dude, just stop. How are you not intentionally annoying people? You said, "alot of pety fnaboys cryin over a game they have never even played... the thread was a evntually deleted, and i was labelled a troll....well.....my my my....how the tables have turned.... INFAMOUS IS ONE OF THE WORST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED" That is a retaliation of sorts and is quite annoying. And large caps are obvious as they are the equivelent of yelling and are a big no no on GameSpot. And, please, don't be sad that I found a game that I will highly enjoy and get my money out of ten fold. I've paid sixty bucks for crap games that I barely got 8 hours of play time out of. Here I got 10 hours of play time for free. I win no matter how you look at it. If anything I should feel sad for you for not being able to enjoy a great game. ;)

Also, I'm not getting modded, because I'm not being rude. If you'd only practice a little diplomacy when posting your opinions they'd not be so poorly recieved and you wouldn't be modded. There's nothing wrong with saying a game is not as good as you thought it'd be, but saying that it sucks in all caps is a terrible way to express yourself if you want you opinion to be respected at all.

we obviously having different defeinitions of trolling... i thought it was when you abused or insulted other posters, intentionally made posts to incite anger, with intentiopns of disurupting the flow of the thread or taking it off topic etc... and just genrally being a pain....i dont feel i did any of these things. i may express myself differently to other posters, but thats about it.....wow @ caps being forwned on to heavily, lol...its just caps, get over it. but anyway, im off to give the demo another try...bu ti played it yesterday and was appauled, i really was. @ spence i even dbl checked my hdmi cable to see if it was plugged in properly, im not joking.... and yes i have 15 posts i've only had a ps3 just over a month, and all my 8 games haveabsolutely stunning graphics...maybe thats why i was so shocked at infamous, its the first ps3 game i've seen where the graphics were'nt up to scratch, but then im comparing it to some amazing games (seeing as i have nothing else to compare it to)... and yes, the first time i saw the train i laughed because it reminded me so much of the ff8 train on the world map LOL...
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="Lethaface99"][QUOTE="Nephilim83"]

[QUOTE="Lethaface99"]intentionally annoying people ? how ?....by giving my honest opinon...WOW. so are the people giving your + reviews and opinons...are they trolling aswell ? infact, im going to go play the demo again, just to make sure.... but the fact that you put 10 hours in on it, kinds makes me feel very sad for you...is'nt the demo like 45mins long ?...so 10 hours means you're over doing it jsut slightlyr....seriously...the game was nowhere near that amazng to play for 10 hours...your posts are the complete opposite of mine, our opinions display the same extermeity but at the same time are completely opposite...so why is 1 person being modded and other is'nt ?....in other its like saying one opinion is right and one is wrong ?....which ever mod eleted my post should be removed. 10 hours tho....wow.

we obviously having different defeinitions of trolling... i thought it was when you abused or insulted other posters, intentionally made posts to incite anger, with intentiopns of disurupting the flow of the thread or taking it off topic etc... and just genrally being a pain....i dont feel i did any of these things. i may express myself differently to other posters, but thats about it.....wow @ caps being forwned on to heavily, lol...its just caps, get over it. but anyway, im off to give the demo another try...bu ti played it yesterday and was appauled, i really was.

lol. I have been modded enough in the past to know that it doesn't take a lot to be trolling. And though you may not have intended to "incite anger" or annoy people the people who are annoyed usually do not realize that. And neither will a mod. Sucks, I know, but thats just the way it is. I agree with you about the all caps thing, but I was modded for that, too. They really really don't like it. Good luck on the demo. I hope you enjoy it this time, but if not thats cool. You don't have to like it just because we do. Just try not to ruin it for everyone else. ;)
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Nephilim83
@ spence i even dbl checked my hdmi cable to see if it was plugged in properly, im not joking.... and yes i have 15 posts i've only had a ps3 just over a month, and all my 8 games haveabsolutely stunning graphics...maybe thats why i was so shocked at infamous, its the first ps3 game i've seen where the graphics were'nt up to scratch, but then im comparing it to some amazing games (seeing as i have nothing else to compare it to)... and yes, the first time i saw the train i laughed because it reminded me so much of the ff8 train on the world map LOL...Lethaface99
As for this part: Go play Kayne & Lynch! :lol: That game has bad graphics. Bad bad bad...... And even though InFamous doesn't look as great as most next-gen titles you know as well as I do that it looks 1000x better than FF8...... Just that comment is a good example of trolling..... lol
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

I've played the inFamous demo and it was great

and graphics ain't everything you know

ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#67 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
Extremely. Physics were terrible and the amount of pop ups are unbelievable. Sucker Punch need to work on it for at least another 6 months.
EnaVRi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 EnaVRi
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

I played the full game... and let me say... no it's not overrated... one of the best sandbox supehero game ever made... pop ups for sandbox games are normal... even bioshock have pop ups.... and it doesn't stop it to get a 9...

This game is good! especially the karma choices... great replay value...

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The graphics themselves are great, it's just that the pop-up and jaggies are noticeable. You can't expect a sandbox game to have Killzone/Uncharted-level graphics.
lavron123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lavron123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Yes, I agree. I don't think InFamous has anything really that special about it. I played the demo and the demo seemed pretty average to me.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="jaidev004"]

Well even I am a sony fanboy but come on Infamous is not that great.

I mean graphics dont match upto sony exclusives like Killzone 2 or resistance 2 or MGS4 or uncharted

only attractive thing is the gameplay and freedom which in my opinion gets repetitive after sometime.

THIS GAME IS JUST AVERAGE AND NOT AAA STUFF!!! this is how i felt playing Infamous

soo.... u think the GAMEPLAY is great and freedom of choice is great..... but.. ur only beef is the visuals? stop being a graphics *****
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

did infamous release yet? :?

PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PimpiNbananas
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts

Well I just downloaded the demo and played the missions, Graphics meh (but im not a graphix whore if gameplay is amazing) Now the Gameplay was not bad nothing amazing or groundbreaking but it wasnt bad, it was quite fun in fact the whole style of the game Reminds me alot of HULK Ultimate Destruction, with the whole leaping wiith ease from stucutres and the whole super power factor, not to mention the whole get to one point on the map for mission indicators that look similar to hulks etc.....

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Graphics weren't that bad IMO. They weren't "wow" material but they were good enough.

What bugs me are the pop-ins...

Cenceless_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Cenceless_777
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

did infamous release yet? :?

rubber-chicken

If you search hard enough in the internet you're bound to find people breaking the release date. Example there is a site called Criousgamer.com he shows Killzone 2 and inFAMOUS a week before it was released.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Yeah some places will let you buy the game early but its just a small chance. I don't want to go to every single retail store asking if they have Infamous.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Sandbox games will never have high end graphics to much going on. The fact that there are no loads is amazing. Second play the game then talk about ratings. I played the demo and I'm not sure about it but I am not going to bash it before I play it.
RareDominic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 RareDominic
I think that with Infamous's freedom and gameplay as fun as it is suppose you will forget about the ok graphics it has. I think that with the two sided way your hero can be (Light, or Dark) is a really cool concept so in my opinion I think it will be a good game so no it isn't overrated.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="Lethaface99"] @ spence i even dbl checked my hdmi cable to see if it was plugged in properly, im not joking.... and yes i have 15 posts i've only had a ps3 just over a month, and all my 8 games haveabsolutely stunning graphics...maybe thats why i was so shocked at infamous, its the first ps3 game i've seen where the graphics were'nt up to scratch, but then im comparing it to some amazing games (seeing as i have nothing else to compare it to)... and yes, the first time i saw the train i laughed because it reminded me so much of the ff8 train on the world map LOL...Nephilim83
As for this part: Go play Kayne & Lynch! :lol: That game has bad graphics. Bad bad bad...... And even though InFamous doesn't look as great as most next-gen titles you know as well as I do that it looks 1000x better than FF8...... Just that comment is a good example of trolling..... lol

u know nephilim i too actually put over 8 hrs of gameplay into infamous demo when i pre-ordered it from BB. the game might not havegraphics like killzone or uncharted but its good enough, the lighting is cool, one of the best i seen. and gameplay is just sooo addictive. lethaface honetly its just ur opinion about the game, the fact that ur tryin to make this game sound or is a bad game is just plain opinion based and makes u sound like a troll. just cuz 99% ppl here enjoy it and u and the TC of this tread didnt enjoy it doesnt mean the game is bad. BUT let me be the first to tell u that it wont stop me from gettin the game and enjoying it! and why should u care if others are gettin it or likin it?
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

man, its getting heated in here........ look TC i respect your thoughts on the game, in which you cry about the graphics and all that, but who cares.... the demo was a blast.... you don't like it don't buy it. But i'm getting really tired of people wanting graphics over gameplay, the point of the ps3 is it gives the chance for developers to push the limits of gameplay, adding things that would make it more funnier and crazier......not to find out if you can see the characters veins pulse and all that

Avatar image for mutual-assassin
mutual-assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mutual-assassin
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts

I didn't find the graphics to be that bad. I've certainly seen better but they were hardly game-ruining. I still found it to be quite enjoyable.

bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 bullschwitz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
I would also like to point out that pop in only happens when you are on the rails. (atleast from my experience)
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#83 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

I already got this game 5 days ago. Graphics is great IMO. 9/10 for graphics. For me, it's close to Uncharted's graphics.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

The demo was fun but the platforming mechanics are weak. I can't really explain it but theres no weight to the climbing/jumping and Cole is able to easily stick to anything, which makes it feel alot less satisfying than the platforming in other similar games e.g. crackdown.

noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts
umm...it got hyped AA and it received AAA so no i dont think its overrated
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

You weren't hoping the graphics of an open-world game to be amazing, right?

foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts

I love how simple minded people are about graphics.

R2 has great graphics. When you first look at it, you might think it is ugly but if you aren't simple minded like a lot of people here, you'll know that

it is so hard to run a game with 60 people on at the sametime. The more people online, the harder it is to make the graphics look better.

R2 has incredible graphics when you realize that there are 60 players fighting at the same time, with explosions and everything and no framerate drops ever.

And when you look at the playing field from above you can see everything.

inFamous has good graphics. Open world games usually look worse because there is so much to process at the same time. Wolverine looks better? Go get some glasses. Wolverine is linear. Incredibly easy to make shiny graphics. It is like gran turismo 5. It is so much easier to make 16 cars look nice rather than an entire city with so much going on.

I hope some of you are educated now.

And I love the stupidity of the little kids here: "This game sux because the graphics aren't shiny"

Ultramarine777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 Ultramarine777
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

The gameplay in the game is extremely smooth and fun. The graphics are awesome but they are decent enough to show that this is a PS3 game.

GloomyFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GloomyFate
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

I mean graphics dont match upto sony exclusives like Killzone 2 or resistance 2 or MGS4 or uncharted

only attractive thing is the gameplay and freedom which in my opinion gets repetitive after sometime.

THIS GAME IS JUST AVERAGE AND NOT AAA STUFF!!! this is how i felt playing Infamous

jaidev004
How about using common sense and at least comparing games of the SAME GENRE? Has it not occurred to you that sandbox games are always noticeably different in graphics compared to linear games like Killzone? Loading an entire gaming world (and without loading times) is a close to impossible task. It takes much more work than just loading a single level
guynamedyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 guynamedyeah
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts

havent played the full game, but it isnt highly overrated. it could be a little overrated, but from us, not the reviews. they gave it a 9, people act like its a 10, lol i can't stop playing the demo though. i keep going back to it to play around. shows it isn't to overrated if people against sandbox games cant put the game down.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I don't think its overrated, based on playing the demo, I found it to be very good and fun to play. I reserved it yesterday with how much I liked the demo, I can understand there are a few glitches here and there, but overall the experience seems that it will deliver. Plus reviewers have shown praise to this game, this is a great sign for Sony, having great exclusive games will bring a more positive rep to devs to have more exclusive games made for the PS3. Also if many have expressed how good it is, it must be for a good reason imo.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
u guys also forgettin the glitches or problems that are sooooo small can be still fixed after the game is released( its called patches and updates) lol
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

i just played the demo and i loved it

it reminds me of a really awesome mature version of static shock :lol:

guynamedyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 guynamedyeah
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts

the graphics are pretty good, being that the narrative is comic book style, its comic bookish. it looks good enough to make it not a problem

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

jaidev004

Ok .. that's your opinion, others are allowed to have their own like you are allowed ..

But stop stating your opinion like it's a fact, because it isn't .. kids .. :roll:

phoenix1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 phoenix1122
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

The Full Game Is Not Even Out Yet And Your Super Sayian 4 Crapin All Over It, Play The Full Version First Then Come Back And Talk To Us :)

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#97 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="jaidev004"]

Infamous graphics i would give 6/10 ( I found wolverine graphics better lol)

gameplay 8/10

Wolverine graphics better?? Ouch.... That was a low blow, dude. lol

Ummm no. Wolverine's graphics are good foir a movie game but no where near good as inFamous..... but HAZE beats both of them.
CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
the I didn't even notice any pop-in when I was playing the demo, maybe I was just enjoying the gaming on offer. I bet it's not up to The Last Remnant levels. If it is some xbox troll, when I was playing the beloved Gears of War 2 on my 360 there was plenty of pop-in if I remember correctly. The game hasn't even been released yet, it's a total non-argument, just like it is for the people who claim they prefer Prototype, no one's played it yet. Poor.
Regisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Regisland
Member since 2009 • 2390 Posts

NOT GANNA BUY THIS,SAME HYPE AS MIRRORS EDGE(was a good but in the end it got forgotten)

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I was impressed with the demo. I think it brings some original ideas and pulls them off fairly well. The only thing I hated was that the cutscenes could not be skipped in the demo. I hate when games do that.