im a big resident evil fan but sry RE5 **** to bad :(

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ecs33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 ecs33
Member since 2008 • 1777 Posts

Ummm if any one of you ever even shot a gun before you would know how difficult it is to move and shoot accurately at the same time. Your aim goes way off.

Who says every game has to conform to DS's control scheme? I loved that game and I thought it was alot of fun, but to say you have to move and shoot at the same time is a little silly considering that generally people will stand still when they take their shots.

I'm not saying RE is a realistic shooter. But the shooting aspect was a little bit since RE4. even when your aim is fixed you're still wobbling. I got the feeling with RE4 that a real guy was trying to take shots in an unrealistic environment. Besided, I thought the standing still while shooting added a whole new dynamic to the game and completely changed your approach of playing. this game would be too easy if you could move.

It is annoying though when you have the rifle and you have to unscope and then move to aim elsewhere or if there is some obstacle.

Gregoric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Gregoric
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]i like the controls and gameplay....its just the HORRIBLE AI and sheva that piss me off ...SmashBroChamp94
Cut Capcom some slack it's the first time they added a computer player as a partner and that's what co-op is for. =D

It's not the first time Capcom have added a computer player for a co-op situation. People seem to be forgetting Resident Evil Zero for the Gamecube where you had both Billy (think that was his name) and Rebecca Chambers both as playable characters.

I agree that the controls do suck, but then again if you could bare it in RE4 then surely you can bare it here, and RE4 was a big hit if I remember rightly. The thing I hate about the game is that it seems almost identical to 4 with just a few minor tweaks and a beefed up polygon count.

noelki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 noelki
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts
I dont know what u guys r talking about, this game is going to be great. I cant wait to get this game.
NeverTheSame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 NeverTheSame
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts
I feel like nobody has said this... resi 5 has co-op, and this is gonna ruin it a bit, everything thinks itwill enhance the experience, but how will it, something jumps out at you, you thin k "|WTF OMG WHAT DO I DO! NOBODY IS GONNA HELP" but in resi 5 "WTF oh wait, my partner already shot it..." ruin the experience I dont like the survival horror genre (apart from dead rising and l4d) because it is too slow! but this takes it to another extreme because it you cant run and gun which isnt a big problem if it had amazing graphics, but it doesnt, so the scare factor is going so what is the point of buying a survival horror if it isnt horror - just my opinion not saying this is how it is, it is just how i feel about this andn it isnt biased because i dont like survival horror, it is just because what is the point of a horror game which is (not the best graphics + no scare factor) harshly put ... Crap...
Avatar image for deactivated-5ea874e06483b
deactivated-5ea874e06483b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5ea874e06483b
Member since 2006 • 2896 Posts
ummm i thought all the RE games you had to stand still to shoot?bsman00
Yes you have to stand to shoot and I don't mind that with RE5 anyways.:P
glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts
I actually prefer not walk and shoot at the same time, the zombies are slow if you're able to walk and shoot then I don't think there would be any challenge at all.
zeke2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 zeke2040
Member since 2005 • 1575 Posts
i totally agree with ya.. sound like no one ate their wheatys this morning...lol i love RE5 i think its one of the best... people complain, cause they want it there way... and i don't think its like that, look at killzone 2 the buttom are werid and i can't play good with it, but its a learning curve we most get use of... i think the person who wrote this thread is a 13 year old boy, that's spoiled and wants everything there way, and if they don't get it, they give bad rep to everyone about it... also not every gamer like's or enjoy all game... every has different taste and veiwpoints... so it actually depend on the gamer really.. i think everyone should play the game or demo a couple of times to enjoy it, i bet that guy only play it once and didn't like the controls and telling everyone not to get it, cause he nartually sucked at the game...
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#109 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

I've been a fan of this series literally since the first day the franchise hit store shelves all those years ago.

My problem with RE5 is that it's not a big enough jump from 4. The jump to RE4 from the other games was astounding. The jump from RE4 to 5 is just graphics (far as I can tell from the demo). I'm not going to be buying this on day 1. I can wait a little while for this one.
IDK, this is well below my expectations so far.

Toolparabola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#110 Toolparabola
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The only thing i didnt like about the demo is the not shooting while aiming or reloading. U can do that in RE outbreak file 2 but not the RE on Next gen systems?? it makes no sense but overall i love it and im still getting it
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts
Seriously? Who was expecting to be able to walk and shoot? It's Resident Evil for Christ's sake
RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

TC.....

You say you are a RE fan, but you complain on RE5's controls. You should know by now that RE4 started with those controls that you are suddenly complaining about..... If you say RE5 is bad, then that would also imply to RE4.

RE fan? nah you sound very suspect.

Is that you on your sig? whoah you r hot!
AllisLostnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AllisLostnow
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I've played the demo and I can't help but notice that the character movements are still clunky, although I'm unsure as to how you would develop a control scheme that would allow you to move and shoot- while still being able to aim with the hit detection function. It worked in Dino Crisis (if you remember that) but that game incorporated an auto-aim function, and you could only aim straight, down, and up. It gets trickier when you can aim anywhere you choose. I believe Deep Space allowed you to move while shooting, but if I remember right, Deep Space had much smoother character movements than Resident Evil 5. Deep Space also doesn't have the intense "warzones" that Resident Evil has. I believe it's a safe bet for Capcom to stick to standing still while shooting- as frustrating as it can be.
Eliminator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 Eliminator666
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts
two things i wanted in RE5, run and gun controls and horror.ps3_owns_360Wii
Run and gun system will be there but don't expect horror from RE5