im a big resident evil fan but sry RE5 **** to bad :(

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]i like the controls and gameplay....its just the HORRIBLE AI and sheva that piss me off ...SmashBroChamp94
Cut Capcom some slack it's the first time they added a computer player as a partner and that's what co-op is for. =D

Nope. They did this in RE: Zero for gamecube. Wasnt that good. It was annoying. Anyways i thought Capcom released a statement and said they will have a run and gun controls. Maybe its just a rumor though. I personally like the original way. Reminds me of the old days.
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
[QUOTE="Blue_Namek"]What the hell is up with the damn camera being right on Chris' back all the time? They should have learned from MGS4 to only zoom in when he's aiming.I damn near threw up because the camera was making me dizzy.Since RE is an action game now they need to change that damn camera,because enemies get caught up in your blind spot and it's hard to tell where you are going because you can't see your surroundings (which look the same). A tank? Chris is more like a fortress.How the hell is the axe guy faster than you are?Sheva was annoying because she kept getting grabbed.Where the hell is the regular melee attack.Only being able to melee when the enemy is immobilized is gay.Rolling laughing at the MK uppercut,what the heck is that? Damn Chris moves like a Gundam. If they were going to turn it into a action game then it needs to control like an action game. Horror my ***,I was more humored at how ridiculous the game was than terrorfied.The color palette is too washed as well and it's hard to navigate around the map. Edit/Delete Message
These threads are so old now. This is a completely ridiculous complaint, because if you know anything about Resident Evil you'd know that standing and shooting is pretty much part of what makes it a survival game. If ammo fell from the sky and you could run about and shoot everything with ease it wouldn't be a horror game, just a really easy action game with zombies.Tikicobra
If youy knew anything,then you would know that RE5 is not survival horror.Seriously,when will you people realize that it's an action game now.So your argument is pointless and RE5 just has outdated gameplay.So it is an action game with zombies,their is nor survival or horror factor whatsoever.

Its still survival. He gets dropped off in Africa with a virus outbreak. The only thing now is you can buy your guns, and ammo gets dropped when they dissolve which i hated.
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 freham2001
Member since 2004 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

i dont hate capcom or anything , im a big fan of the game realy big but this game i have to say it sucks , i mean u have to stand still in order to shoot wtf !! u cant shoot while walking ! ? , and whats with heavy character control when u run , here is an advice for all RE fans :

if you have played DEAD SPACE noway you will like RESIDENT EVIL 5 . coz its simple DS >>>>>> RE5

so if u have dead space my advice is just to pass on resident evil coz it will not live up to the standards of dead space

Um, you know you couldnt move and aim in Resident Evil 4 also, right??? And it was still a good game. Sorry you dont like it, but, thats your loss.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

i dont hate capcom or anything , im a big fan of the game realy big but this game i have to say it sucks , i mean u have to stand still in order to shoot wtf !! u cant shoot while walking ! ? , and whats with heavy character control when u run , here is an advice for all RE fans :

if you have played DEAD SPACE noway you will like RESIDENT EVIL 5 . coz its simple DS >>>>>> RE5

so if u have dead space my advice is just to pass on resident evil coz it will not live up to the standards of dead space

freham2001

Um, you know you couldnt move and aim in Resident Evil 4 also, right??? And it was still a good game. Sorry you dont like it, but, thats your loss.

Haha, I hate those vagina/pit things.

freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 freham2001
Member since 2004 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="sa10kun"][QUOTE="freham2001"][QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

Haha, I hate those vagina/pit things.

Lol, i do too honestly. But i figured my sig needed something new, and of all things i picked that :|
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#56 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Yeah, I'm not a fan of being planted to the ground while aiming (even in RE4, I didn't like it), but I can get around that. It seems to be the only flaw, IMO and doesn't bother me that heavily. I mean, it could be worse...they coul've taken out the quickturn.
Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

I agree (to some degree) with Blue_Namek, RE4 its not a survival game and neither will be RE5... so, we are left with only an action game.

Horror...? ... the atmosphere its incredibly washed out of the horror element in RE4 (and 5 for now)

Survival...? what part exactly in that fragfest that its called RE4 and 5?

They are good Action games, not survival-horror, want survival, go and play Silent Hill 1, or the 3rd... go and play Dino Crisis 1...

To the demo:

I dont know about you guys, but i've never runned out of ammo in all the RE5 demo, and i was shooting A LOT, but the enemies just kept droping more and more ammo... and its ridicuosly easy, the "monsters" dont even attack you for like 4-5 seconds even if there are 3-4 of them around you... hell, even the zombies of RE1 had better reflexes than this guys...

Ok, lets assume its in easy...

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways, if you guys enjoy it... good for you. Have a good time.

TheRocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheRocha
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
i liked the controls in resi 4 and in this one they seem similar, except that the square button is the action button now which i hate, but i guess i can't change that in controls. i think this one won't top resi4 but for the ones who liked it it won't dissapoint either.
Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

Its still survival. He gets dropped off in Africa with a virus outbreak. The only thing now is you can buy your guns, and ammo gets dropped when they dissolve which i hated.

By that logic we could just assume that Doom 3 its also a survival with 1st person camera and shooter elements? You get droped in a militar facility and you cant even buy guns nor ammo... that must be a HELL of a survival...

RE4 (and for the likes, RE5) lost all the survival elements past games used to have...

buttface1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 buttface1
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

kratos_q80

I actually gotta agree with this... the thing worked for the old way RE was, the fixed camera and what not. It actually use to make it more thrilling and atmospheric. But with the way RE is going, which is a over the shoulder Action FPS sorta thing, it just doesn't work. The mix doesn't work... not only that but the AI is duuuuuuuuumb. There's nothing scary about a bunch of zombie like guys (Or whatever the hell they are now) Circling you and taking their sweet time taking turns to try and beat you up.... they should be more vicious. You guys play Left 4 Dead? Awesome, those zombies show no mercy man. There isn't some half dead guy in the back going "Oh, dude, you got here first....I'll wait my turn" they're just mean man, it's awesome.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#61 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
i love how all the so called RE fans whine about the controles thus the game must suck lol. its basicly the same controls that has been the standerd sence RE1. tweaked for re4. sure it could be better but thats kind of what RE is. yes I think if the devs are going to be throwing so many zombies at us we need a little more fluid controles but that alone is not going to kill the game. And realy dont completly right off a game just from the demo. at least wait and see what reviewers who have playedthrew the whole game have to say.
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#62 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
lol I'm done talking about how many people thank the controls are bad. I thank there great for the game enough said.
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
the problem isnt the controlls. it's the co op/ like,, you probvably wont see anymore, one hit kills... like in the demo.,., if your dumb partner gets hit with the chain saw, they dont get there head choped off like in 4.. the game programers probably made it like this bec, you might get suck with a crappy player. and the other player wont want to keep restarted the level due to the crappy player... also.. i really think they just added co op just so they could kill the (this game is racist) comments, but i dont want to get into that right now..
RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts
any one who doesn't play this because someone else said is lame first of all second of all remember it says big as day before the game starts that this is a demo does anyone remember what a demo is? this is a good game and in my opinion everyone who said that they didn't like it said it becasue of one of two reasons one the controls and i do have the fact that you can't move and shoot but i'm sure you will beable to in the final build. second it is a little on the hard side but if this is too hard for you little big planet and barbies race and ride are available at any of you finer retail and electronics stores
Avatar image for truthbetoldalex
truthbetoldalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 truthbetoldalex
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
umm dude.... i stated what i said becuase he was making a comparison of resident evil to deadspace because of movement... and thats rediculous considering the fact that that is what makes re5 difficult lol. if you could move3 while runing from extremly slow virus infected people, the game would be beyond difficult. by far i am not saying "that there are NO hard games that you have the ability to walk/run and shoot at the same time? ". what i said was that if resident evil had that, it wouldnt be hard.... read a little more carefully next time dude
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#66 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
I loved the demo, have it pre ordered for the SE version. Each to their own TC.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Every RE game in the entire damn series you did that, including RE4.. Your no fan your a fake boy.
Avatar image for truthbetoldalex
truthbetoldalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 truthbetoldalex
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
i never said anything about exclusitivity not being a factor in games like kz2, mgs4, or lbp, i own lbp and mgs4, and have the demo for the amazing kz2, and i loove my ps3, i actually prefer it over my 360, and i dont think in my entire entry did i ever say anything bad about the ps3???? i stated that blueray cant be ported, which has nothing to do with ps3 being bad lol. your the third peson to message me and try and say i did something bad haha, and you'll probably be the third that simply didnt read my comment correctly lol. no offence.[QUOTE="junglist101"][QUOTE="truthbetoldalex"]

[QUOTE="sa10kun"]

how would have it been better? It wasn't really a problem with the graphical nature of the game that people are having.

hahahaha omg the dude sounds like he's just a fanboy, its a demo, nearly both games are identicle, and its not even a port so the game isnt going to be crappier on either system. there both going to be neerly exactly the same. "note that resident evel was going to be a ps3 exclusive, but when it got changes they had to make 2 groups to create the games because u cant port form ps3 to 360 without reconstructing the code alot!!!!! its because its harder to convert from blueray to dvd than vise versa. this is also because blueray can run dvd9, but dvd9 cant run duel layer." but what was crapy lol, great effects, smooth action, and a great animations for the peoplez. why r u people complaining haha

Why are you in the ps3 forums calling a ps3 owner a ps3 fanboy:| The benefits of exclusivity may not be a factor for RE5 but if you don't think it makes a difference have a look at mgs4(game of the year) or KZ2.

If you prefer negative talk about the ps3 you can head over to system wars for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

TC.....

You say you are a RE fan, but you complain on RE5's controls. You should know by now that RE4 started with those controls that you are suddenly complaining about..... If you say RE5 is bad, then that would also imply to RE4.

RE fan? nah you sound very suspect.

WR_Platinum

ummm i thought all the RE games you had to stand still to shoot?bsman00
These threads are so old now. This is a completely ridiculous complaint, because if you know anything about Resident Evil you'd know that standing and shooting is pretty much part of what makes it a survival game. If ammo fell from the sky and you could run about and shoot everything with ease it wouldn't be a horror game, just a really easy action game with zombies.Tikicobra

and I`m pretty sure more ppl said this as well... so no futher comments....

That said what is teh propaganda about DS being better that RE?? I have DS and is an amazing game.... and I like the fact that they both have this "real time" of using the menu (which btw are not the 1st games to use this system, even thus it goes great with this type of game, and work quite well on this one) Anyway.... why do one have to be better that the other? they are both great... I really think that some gamers get $$$ by advertasing :?

On RE5.. I think the only thing I do not like so far is that, like in RE4, horror seem to be out of the equation (based on teh demo) this game is more action that horror/survival. But that was not a surprise based on trailers and previews/news. That said I think that the survival factor seem better in this one thus, ammo related, bc in RE4 they gave you ammo like candy in a theme park, but for free :P

I can not wait for this new addition to my RE collection, it seems it would be great. And I get to play it with my horror friend :P

BTW: I have a QUESTION... can the co-op be started at any point of the story? e.g. I can load my file and ask a friend to join? or does it has to be co-op file since start. Thx.

jrock258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 jrock258
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
If your as big as resident evil fan as you say than you would know that when the actual game releases that it will have a option for moving and shooting like in dead space:roll:
ndntt44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ndntt44
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

I dont believe the gameplay itself is bad, i think they did a pretty good job at sticking with the resident evil game expereince. Stand still, shoot, i like the fast selection of weapons with the D-pad as well.

What is the Problem?

Resident evil has lost the fear factor. The zombies are rather a joke, its nearly like shooting human beings, as well you are playing during the daylight.

Capcom should have focused on making resident evil actually a horrow game. Its the reason why Resident evil 2 is still the best resident evil out there.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#72 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

kratos_q80
How can you be a fan of the series when you complain about something thats been in every one of the RE games? Stop trolling.
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

TC.....

You say you are a RE fan, but you complain on RE5's controls. You should know by now that RE4 started with those controls that you are suddenly complaining about..... If you say RE5 is bad, then that would also imply to RE4.

sa10kun

I was thinking the same thing. For him to be an re fan and yet not like this control scheme is kinda funny. For someone that was never really a huge re fan like me the controls are a bit wonky at first. But you get used to it eventually. I hated teh demo at first but i'm having alot more fun with it after subsequent playthroughs.

Same thing here. A true RE fan would actually not even mention ANYTHING about the controls, since it sticks to the "Fight or Flee" survival horror mechanic of the RE franchise. Too many people here believe themselves to be RE fans, when in fact, they end up comparing RE5 to games like Dead Space (which isn't even a survival horror game, but rather a third person shooter with horror elements in it) or Gears of War (a full blown third person shooter). RE5 isn't your "Run & Gun" game like Uncharted, Dark Sector, Gears of War. Far from it even. Though the over-the-shoulder view and weapons variety might fool you into thinking it's a shooter, it remains grounded in the survival horror genre. Some may debate on its horror aspects, but at the VERY LEAST, it's a survival game.
f1l200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 f1l200
Member since 2004 • 507 Posts

well im sure once all the reviews come out you will all feel silly because this game is going to be good

i think that the non run and gun controls make it feel more of a horror game having the freedom

makes it less scary

just my opinion

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
In addition, the AI in RE5 is so non-agressive that adding a simple "run while shooting" gameplay tweak would horribly skewer the difficulty of the game into the player's favour. The game is meant to be an unnerving, stressful and panic-enducing experience. Add a simple "Oh, here they come, I'll just backstep and shoot while I'm at it" function would completely obliterate the balance of the game. This is Resident Evil. Go back to your Left4Dead servers if you enjoy run & gun mechanics against zombies.
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
anyone who claims to be a big RE fan should be used to these controls by now. b/c the exact same scheme was used in RE4, and guess what, that was the best game the gamecube had. ok, so it was the only game the gamecube had worth buying (joke). seriously people, you've never been able to walk and shoot in RE, why did you expect to be able to now? it makes no sense. i can understand it from the younger kids that grew up with gears of war as their first shooter, but this is getting ridiculous. the fact of the matter is, if you don't suck at this game then running and gunning isn't even near needed. i would be upset to see them add it in myself, it would ruin the atmosphere of feeling trapped. it makes you plan escape routes before you start a fight because you know you cant be shooting the shotty and running toward the hammer boss at the same time, instead you have to pick your shots, then run away, then repeat. it's called strategy. survival games use strategy. and anyway, your aim in real life sucks when you shoot while moving. it's not like on gears where it just goes to the center of the screen.
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

im getting this game eventho the controls arent as smooth as deadspace,as long as i have fun with the game, thats all what it matters ! the co op is really fun too!

foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts
The demo sucked. The only reason why this game has hype is because of RE4 and its graphics. It will probably be rated highly just because of hype and graphics.
foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts

"Same thing here. A true RE fan would actually not even mention ANYTHING about the controls, since it sticks to the "Fight or Flee" survival horror mechanic of the RE franchise.

Too many people here believe themselves to be RE fans, when in fact, they end up comparing RE5 to games like Dead Space (which isn't even a survival horror game, but rather a third person shooter with horror elements in it) or Gears of War (a full blown third person shooter).

RE5 isn't your "Run & Gun" game like Uncharted, Dark Sector, Gears of War. Far from it even. Though the over-the-shoulder view and weapons variety might fool you into thinking it's a shooter, it remains grounded in the survival horror genre. Some may debate on its horror aspects, but at the VERY LEAST, it's a survival game."

Are you f'n kidding? RE5 is an ACTION SHOOTER. Where are the horror elements? All I see is a co-op action game in broad daylight in which the enemies still pause before they attack you. Dead Space is better than RE5. Re5 still has the same exact animations from RE4. Capcom is lazy as hell on this game.

RE5 is an action game. Not a surival horror game. Dead Space is a survival horror game.

And about the controls; RE4 had the same controls. Years have passed, and Capcom has to improve the controls. You don't keep the same controls for 10 years.

RE has a very intense fanbase. They'll defend anything lol

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#80 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
@FOOSSILO: sadly I have to agree with you. RE series stop being a horror survival, and that went all to action/horror (if you want to say is somehow a bit dark moment, which for what I see have being lost completely in RE5) with RE4. I`m a RE fan, have being since RE outbrake, and those were bad games, but I LOVE RE2 and RE CVX... but those were horror/survival where ammo were a treasure and everyy hallway was full of "at the edge of the chair" moments....sadly as the series advance Capcom had decide to transforme it more into action and less into horror. That said I think that RE5 have less ammo that RE4, which can give you more a "survival" sense again.. (unlike RE4, that no even if you try you would run out of ammo) that said... and like I have said many time before.. I can NOT WAIT for this game :P and it would be release pretty much for my Bday :P enjoy gaming... live the moment... enjoy... In DS thus, even thus I love the game, I would not say is a horror/survival game either. Is defenetly a great game and have great "run for your life" moments. But it also have a LOT of action type. I do desagree, I would like that the controllers stay the same for RE.. I have play the series for a long time and I like teh fact that while you shoot you can not move, I know silly... but oh well. I guess is like no wanting LINK to talk ever... he has to mute :P That said I think it was said already that the full game would give you the option of move and shoot (dunno if this si true, I have not confirmed the news myself)
bananagoorob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 bananagoorob
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I thought I remembered reading that there was an alternate control scheme that you could strafe with.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Why does everyone want to move and shoot at the same time? Moving while shooting = missing teh headsh0ts.

Back on topic, RE 5 will be a great game. Give it some time. The boss fights and many other components of the game look excellent. You should play the whole game first before judging. And remember - RE 4 set the foundations for games like GeOW and Dead Space. So you can't say that RE 5 is going to suck because games like Dead Space and GeOW are heavily inspired from RE 4.

jrocksreturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 jrocksreturn
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
Its a flop because the demo was short and it plays like 4 did, and 4 was a masterpiece to most. Honestly I love Resident Evil and will play it until they dont make them anymore. Call the game a flop after it comes out and youve played it and see what its all about. I dont think the game will be a flop. Might not live up to some of you PERFECT HIGH expectation folk but I really dont think RE5 will disappoint! No game is PERFECT.....
ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
re4 was amazing when it came out. dead space took what re4 did, and perfected it. strafe, moving/shooting, creepier atmosphere. re 5 seems like re 4 but with better graphics and in africa. NONE THE LESS. if u r a fan, and u liked re4, then get this game. the biggest reason im getting re5 is because i wanna play and see where the story goes. will we have a re6? or will the series end here.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

kratos_q80

I own Dead space and have RE5 on pre-order i liked the demo.

bellolugosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 bellolugosi
Member since 2005 • 448 Posts

TC.....

WR_Platinum

Damn right!!

jobo030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jobo030
Member since 2008 • 713 Posts
just to let you know capcom has said that they are making 2 types of controls the traditional style and yes controls where you can move and shoot so stop your whining
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts
With all due respect to you TC but if you are a big RE fan then you must have played and loved RE4. If so, RE5 is pretty much the same with improvements and better graphics and controls the same way. I still don't see the point of your topic since you obviously played RE4. RE4 and RE5 share the same controls and the same way of firing without moving and it's been like this since RE1 and there is nothing you can do about it. If you like RE1 - RE4 you will love RE5. All I can say, give it another chance, the game is frickin awesome. It's even more satisfying killing those villagers than ever before.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

TC.....

WR_Platinum

My thought exactly. Probably confusing RE with COD.

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts
[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

TC.....

volume_three

My thought exactly. Probably confusing RE with COD.

I know. COD4 > COD5. I think he might be confused.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#91 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i have played the RE4 on wii first and liked every aspect of the game > graphics , controls , story etc. , i liked it so much that when my TV broke during the castle level , i had to buy a new tv within 24 hours just to be able to play the game further , if you want to run & shoot go play some other game you enjoy and dont hate RE5 for being like the previous one , and if you a resident evil fan but dont like the games you can still watch the movies over and over again or just stop being a fan and leave us who like the games alone with your complains trying to convince peaople this game is bad just because you fail to like it

Udiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Udiddy
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

It's funny how serious some of y'all are takin this demo, like, this is the final build, the whole game is out in daylight, and those 2 levels were the whole game. Gore is censored, Infected are slow and indecisive, Axe man and Chainsaw dude get hung up in animations... do u really think the final build will be like this?

It's a demo; u get use to the new features they added: new inventory systems, managing things with your AI partner, more enemies on screen, the environment, the controls - if you're not sticking with the RE4 layout. The demo was fun, there's so many ways to approach a level [public assembly]: u can play it smart and funnel everything in, go balls out and mix it up with the public...see what's good in town...how u should spend your week in the mother land LOL, or u can get away from everything and snipe the the town from the roof. The demo is just now gettin old for me. I wanna see what else is out there.

If u hate the controls, keep playin, you'll get use to them. If u cant get with the A or C layout...I guess it's not for u.

initiald411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 initiald411
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts

TC.....

WR_Platinum
I'll tell you the issue with the controls its like me giving you a car an telling you to go down a straight road no problem the car I gave you was in fact build for just that. Now after your done it was a great joyace experience an a thrill for any speed seeker. Now with the same car I want you to instead now still go from point a to point b with the same speed an control you did before. Though now I'm gonna throw in a couple trains some semi trucks an high speed cars much faster then yours to chase you. Now with all of that I expect you to pull off the same joyace experience you had prior to with no problem at all.
Avatar image for progamer-Andrew
progamer-Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 progamer-Andrew
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
yeah, i was thinking its me but if lots of people say it too i think i prefer to wait to see the reviews and evrything!
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
As awesome as Dead Space is, it hasn't changed my opinion that RE5 is still an awesome game. Am I expecting RE5 to be scarier than Dead Space... absolutely not. Am I going to complain about controls that have been the staple of RE5 games for the past 15yrs..absolutely not. Your biggest complaint is the controls and how they're not like Dead Space. I have news for you...they're two different games.
Udiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Udiddy
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I'll tell you the issue with the controls its like me giving you a car an telling you to go down a straight road no problem the car I gave you was in fact build for just that. Now after your done it was a great joyace experience an a thrill for any speed seeker. Now with the same car I want you to instead now still go from point a to point b with the same speed an control you did before. Though now I'm gonna throw in a couple trains some semi trucks an high speed cars much faster then yours to chase you. Now with all of that I expect you to pull off the same joyace experience you had prior to with no problem at all.

See...but what I eventually found out...that car had a button in the dashboard that spills oil(head shots, combo melee attacks, oil barrels, transformers) onto the road, so those high speed cars are no more, and those semi trucks and high speed trains are fast, but they cant move as well as a car...so I have the advantage after all.

:lol:

It's all about how u play the game.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

kratos_q80

You're a huge Resident Evil fan .. but surprised when you can't walk and shoot? :roll:

RealMido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 RealMido
Member since 2003 • 250 Posts

TC.....

WR_Platinum
3 years have passed and the gameplay trend has been changed
RealMido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 RealMido
Member since 2003 • 250 Posts
[QUOTE="Childeater10"]

It's logically true to be able to run or walk while shooting and other games do have that feature. But you have to realise it's equally logical to stand and shoot. If you've ever seen policemen shoot or hunters or whomever, they all stand still to maximise accuracy.

So someone like Chris Redfield might stop and take specific aim to blow out some zombie brains. Also the games like Dead Space that allow you to move don't necessarily record accurately how often you would actually be missing your target in a real life situation.

Dr-Strangelove
[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]i like the controls and gameplay....its just the HORRIBLE AI and sheva that piss me off ...SmashBroChamp94
Cut Capcom some slack it's the first time they added a computer player as a partner and that's what co-op is for. =D

Hmmm, i havent played any RE before RE4 , but i remember in RE0 you play 2 heroes one time
Avatar image for ThWorldGreatest
ThWorldGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ThWorldGreatest
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

kratos_q80

tanks controls and stopping to shoot is something that is in the series since the first one, you're a resident evil "fan" you should know that:roll:.