Demons Souls Official Question Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#201 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

This game is really good.And very addicting. I'm not very good at it though

I've beaten 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, and 4-1 at level 42 I think. It took me 30 hrs according to my save lol

King Doran doesn't have to be hard.... But it will take a long time. My attacks do like 7-12 damage to him.

Its probably gonna take me like 80+ hours to complete this game. haha

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
[QUOTE="Abicus7"]

I saved some knight and he gave me a telescope.. what the heck do I need a telescope for..?

paperdollparade
In 4-1 there is a place you can trade it for something else.

o, well thats good to know haha
3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
Anyone else having troubles as a full caster, as in making a sorcerer and focusing on Will and Intel. Rerolling I guess :( .
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 jerkface96
Anyone else having troubles as a full caster, as in making a sorcerer and focusing on Will and Intel. Rerolling I guess :( .3aNkabot
no i dont even have that much magic points haha, ill use a heal miracle and im down half way, im going to start working on that haha
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

Anyone else having troubles as a full caster, as in making a sorcerer and focusing on Will and Intel. Rerolling I guess :( .3aNkabot

I picked a Royal, and use some magic / some sword attacks. I find that both work great together.

nemahsys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 nemahsys
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="LightR"]

[QUOTE="armorbreaker"]

Talk to the Black Maiden once you defeated the first boss and talked to the Monumental.

iamshivy

Where exactly is the monumental. I walked up the big stairs and looked everywhere. :?

ha, ya i was running around looking for him for like 30 minutes. hes on i think the second level down from the top,, theres abunch of monks seting. hes the one monk with the little candal

thats not true at all. if you go over half your "equip burden" in any type of armor at all you will be unable to roll quickly. using the ring that ups your equip burden or raising your endurance (cant remember which stat is for equip burden but I think this is the one) will help you with this problem. Or do what I do, pick thief and keep your slick ass leather armor on for the whole game.
nemahsys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 nemahsys

[QUOTE="yarou1000"]im also scared off by the difficulty, i dont want a game where i spend 75 of the 100 hours put into it dieing, will this happen when i play this game?CoreoVII

It all depends on your patience and how well you adapt to your failures. This game rewards progression. You will NOT get far in this game if you do not learn from your mistakes. And no, you dont get awarded a trophy for turning on the game. Good Luck.

I beat 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1. Soul lvl is 49. Anyone else this high or higher yet?

I'm soul level 54 and have all those levels complete as well. And there are MANY other people who are higher soul level than us, just so you know.
nemahsys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 nemahsys
So I'm at 1-4 trying to kill the 3 black phantom npc's and the guy with the tower shield keeps breaking all my armor shield and weapon after about 5 attacks. Does anyone have any tips on how to kill this dude? Should I just spam soul arrows at him maybe?
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#209 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Is Demon Souls hard? :)

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 jerkface96

Is Demon Souls hard? :)

GPAddict
no :)
7mmoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 7mmoody
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

Is this game like FU3 or TES:Oblivon ? for example auto save every where , level up strategy etc ....

coz I dont like these games and i hope DS as i wish

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

Is this game like FU3 or TES:Oblivon ? for example auto save every where , level up strategy etc ....

7mmoody

What is FU3? Do you mean Fallout 3? anyways, the game is nothing like Fallout and Oblivion. For starters its linear....technically...but don't let that fool you the world is vast..VAST.

You level up using souls (Currency) you have gained and you can level up anytime you want after defeating your first boss. At first it will seem easy to level up but you'll eventually start noticing that the cost to level up keeps increasing slightly with every level up. Enemies don't level up with you (like in oblivion) but your world tendancy will affect the difficulty of your enemies. :P

and just for the sake of it..I'm going to use the words "level up" again: Level up. :P

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#213 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

This game is really good.And very addicting. I'm not very good at it though

I've beaten 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, and 4-1 at level 42 I think. It took me 30 hrs according to my save lol

King Doran doesn't have to be hard.... But it will take a long time. My attacks do like 7-12 damage to him.

Its probably gonna take me like 80+ hours to complete this game. haha

good_sk8er7
I have defeated bosses on 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 4-1, and I am trying my best to beat 4-2. The guy is hard as hell. I keep getting in parties with people who are not that good. I am level 41 and only level when I need to. I am not even trying to level right now. I have a harder time getting to most bosses then I actually do defeating them. Flame Lurker is not as hard as many claim. I am 2-2 for the guy and he's the easiest and fastest boss to get my body back from: so far in the game.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#214 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
How do you trade Red Demons souls to Blacksmith Ed?
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
How do you trade Red Demons souls to Blacksmith Ed?jakarai
Talk to him when you have it on you. He'll eventually give you the option to use Demons Souls to forge powerful weapons. the conversation worked for me, and I chose to give him the demon soul but nothing changed and I still have the soul in my inventory....I'm guessing its because I need to upgrade my weapons to a higher level first and then talk to him.
7mmoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 7mmoody
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

[QUOTE="7mmoody"]

verbalfilth

What is FU3? Do you mean Fallout 3? anyways, the game is nothing like Fallout and Oblivion. For starters its linear....technically...but don't let that fool you the world is vast..VAST.

You level up using souls (Currency) you have gained and you can level up anytime you want after defeating your first boss. At first it will seem easy to level up but you'll eventually start noticing that the cost to level up keeps increasing slightly with every level up. Enemies don't level up with you (like in oblivion) but your world tendancy will affect the difficulty of your enemies. :P

and just for the sake of it..I'm going to use the words "level up" again: Level up. :P

lol , so use it : level up

and thanks :)

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 jerkface96

[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]

[QUOTE="7mmoody"]

7mmoody

lol , so use it : level up

and thanks :)

yea he basically hit the nail on the head, you should get it.
Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Manticore7
Member since 2009 • 864 Posts

All this talking of Demons Souls makes me want it more :cry:

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 jerkface96

Manticore7
yea omg its soooo awesome! hahaaha im sure you will get it soon bud dont fret, if you cant find it online im sure amazon has plenty.
Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

how do you use magic? i have bought the basic spells and miracles and i have remembered them. the spell shows up on my little menu in the bottom left corner of the screen but how do i use the spells in battle? i am having no luck whatsoever, so any help would be greatly appreciated

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 jerkface96

how do you use magic? i have bought the basic spells and miracles and i have remembered them. the spell shows up on my little menu in the bottom left corner of the screen but how do i use the spells in battle? i am having no luck whatsoever, so any help would be greatly appreciated

Laxer04
you need a catalyst for spells and a talisman for miracles. you can get a catalysty after wuppin on phalanx i think.
Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

[QUOTE="Laxer04"]

jerkface96

you need a catalyst for spells and a talisman for miracles. you can get a catalysty after wuppin on phalanx i think.

oh i figured it out. thank you

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

and I am trying my best to beat 4-2. The guy is hard as hell.jakarai
What? Why? He's blind and can't even see you. It was the easiest boss I've met yet. Defeated 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 3-2, 4-1, 4-2 and this one was the most relaxing fight of them all. You basically only need a ranged weapon (Edit: and the Thief's ring I guess so that he doesn't hear you but I'm always wearing it anyway). I'm a melee character but he still went down pretty fast.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#225 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I see a LOT of people having trouble with bosses and certain enemies and I just want to stress the important of a weapon I don't see a lot of people using: Kuni knives or posion. A tactic I have used very often when I have trouble with anything is to hit it with a few kuni or poison, then hit them with the bow via hit and run. Though it may take up to 11 kuni to poison some resistant targets, it will keep you safe and take your target down. All it takes is patience.
Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Manticore7
Member since 2009 • 864 Posts
[QUOTE="Manticore7"]

jerkface96
yea omg its soooo awesome! hahaaha im sure you will get it soon bud dont fret, if you cant find it online im sure amazon has plenty.

Thats not my problem My mom got the deluxe edition day one (i preordered it) but i have no money so know shes wrapping it up and saving it till my bday
Hogfan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Hogfan44
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I somehow got pierced and now I am bleeding, I've tried soldiers lotus' and some other things and my HP is still slowly falling, also how do I gain more MP?
Hogfan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Hogfan44
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I also have this green film covering me? what the hell is that?
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

2 questions on kill these bosses. how do you kill fools idol(that witch in the church). i killed her but then some voice comes up and says some crap like she will never die, i walked out of the fog door, walked back in and she was there with full health..

my other question is how the hell do i beat the king in level 1-1. i just tryed to beat him with the magic (health and stronger weapon) it did crap all and he still kills me with one swing... i havent upgraded my faith in the game but after beating bos 2-3 (spoiler)...the dragon...(spoiler) i got his soul and i can buy this faith spell called (god's wrath) my faith level is low so i cant use it right now, but is that what i use to kill this guy?? my charaters soul level is at 44

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 iamshivy

I somehow got pierced and now I am bleeding, I've tried soldiers lotus' and some other things and my HP is still slowly falling, also how do I gain more MP?Hogfan44
so stop bleeding you needablue flower. to gain MP you have to beat the first boss then talk tothe witch girl who trads up grades for souls.. but to give you a heads up every time you upgrade the next time will cost more souls. like right now if i want to up grade something its going to be like 20k of souls

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 iamshivy

oh yeah 1 ,MORE question some swords have this ability shortage.( how do i use these weapons) like i have that ninja sword and leveled it up to 4 but cant use it.? do i upgrade something from the witch??

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 iamshivy

can anyone help me?

armorbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 armorbreaker
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts

oh yeah 1 ,MORE question some swords have this ability shortage.( how do i use these weapons) like i have that ninja sword and leveled it up to 4 but cant use it.? do i upgrade something from the witch??

iamshivy

Check the weapon stats requirements. IIRC, press square twice on the item menu screen and it should show you the stats needed to use the weapon.

For example, if the weapon has requirement of 13/10/10/15 means you need 13 Strength, 10 Dexterity, 10 Magic and 15 Faith. Hope that helps.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#234 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
Hey pal to beat the king in 1-1 get the poison cloud spell and the thief's ring, then walk up to him just barely so you do not agro him then cast poison cloud n do it until he dies. poison cloud hurts him only up to 900 points of damage so stay at the position you are at to cast it on him and wait there. It will take like 15-30mins for it to kill him but you do not have to fight him :D
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 jerkface96

2 questions on kill these bosses. how do you kill fools idol(that witch in the church). i killed her but then some voice comes up and says some crap like she will never die, i walked out of the fog door, walked back in and she was there with full health..

my other question is how the hell do i beat the king in level 1-1. i just tryed to beat him with the magic (health and stronger weapon) it did crap all and he still kills me with one swing... i havent upgraded my faith in the game but after beating bos 2-3 (spoiler)...the dragon...(spoiler) i got his soul and i can buy this faith spell called (god's wrath) my faith level is low so i cant use it right now, but is that what i use to kill this guy?? my charaters soul level is at 44

iamshivy

for the witch , i know you have to kill all of her worshippers through out that level or she will never die, and which king are you talking about?

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 jerkface96
[QUOTE="Melpoe"]Hey pal to beat the king in 1-1 get the poison cloud spell and the thief's ring, then walk up to him just barely so you do not agro him then cast poison cloud n do it until he dies. poison cloud hurts him only up to 900 points of damage so stay at the position you are at to cast it on him and wait there. It will take like 15-30mins for it to kill him but you do not have to fight him :D

how do you get poison cloud?
Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

can anyone help me?

iamshivy

there are specific requirements for you to use that weapon.. you need to meet those stats to be able to fully used the weapon.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Melpoe

Well in order to be able to purchase more spells from sage freke ect ect you have to have a higher intelligence.

You can get every spell at 40 intel and every miracle at lvl 36 faith hope that helps Mr.Jerkface :D

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 jerkface96
[QUOTE="Melpoe"]Well iin order to be able to purchase more spells from sage freke ect ect you have to have a higher intelegence. You can get every spell at 40 intel and every miracle at lvl 36 faith hope that helps Mr.Jerkface :D

thank you lol, i asked u same question in other thread.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Melpoe
Oh really what one? >_>
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 jerkface96
Oh really what one? >_>Melpoe
the one u made about poison cloud and killing bosses haha
oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 oblivmasta
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts

YURT THE SILENT CHEIF . i heard about him from a guy in the nexus. says hes in boletoria some place? where do i find him?

zoidsj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 zoidsj
Member since 2007 • 2628 Posts

YURT THE SILENT CHEIF . i heard about him from a guy in the nexus. says hes in boletoria some place? where do i find him?

oblivmasta

Hes in 3-2, locked in a hanging cage, hes on the way to the boss so you cant miss him

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 oblivmasta

[QUOTE="oblivmasta"]

zoidsj

Hes in 3-2, locked in a hanging cage, hes on the way to the boss so you cant miss him

thanks. do i kill him? SHOULD i kill him? does he help me? whats he do lol

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 oblivmasta

oh man. hes sayin he can help me fight the demons.. but somthin seems suspicious. plus. the guy in the nexus said hes bad news. i need your help. what do i do im sitting at the cage with the question "open the jail cell" YES NO

lol

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 jerkface96

oh man. hes sayin he can help me fight the demons.. but somthin seems suspicious. plus. the guy in the nexus said hes bad news. i need your help. what do i do im sitting at the cage with the question "open the jail cell" YES NO

lol

oblivmasta
hahahaha hey go to the first page of this thread and check out the first link i posted, he should be under NPCs , careful tho there are spoilers so dont spoil it for everybody in here haha
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 jerkface96

lol

oblivmasta
ok i read up on it Just kill him dont ask why, do it or youll regret it haha
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 iamshivy

thanks for the help guys but i still dont know how to beat the fools idol.. i killer her. i killed all the little monster guys praying and i pretty much trashed up the church

zoidsj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 zoidsj
Member since 2007 • 2628 Posts

thanks for the help guys but i still dont know how to beat the fools idol.. i killer her. i killed all the little monster guys praying and i pretty much trashed up the church

iamshivy

You have to kill the guy in the upper level to the right of the church as he keeps revivg her ( also the key to freke's cells is near him )

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 jerkface96

[QUOTE="iamshivy"]

zoidsj

You have to kill the guy in the upper level to the left of the church as he keeps revivg her ( also the key to freke's cells is near him )

there is is. haha