Demons Souls Official Question Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2051 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
I love this game to death and can't way to pick it up again once I get through a few other games, but I could never Trophy Farm in this game... it's hard enough without having to purposely put yourself in harms way to get special items
Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2052 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Marmotas"]

[QUOTE="gregbmil"]

What's up guys!! It's been a while but I started playing Demon's Souls agian and now I'm hooked all over again. Just got the unique weapons trophey!!!

But my question is, in 5-2 near the start there is a bridge that I can't seem to figure out how to lower. There is a body with an item and a gecko over there, anyone know how to lower it?

Sean2moore

You have to reach that place from the other side, and just kick the bridge down. (they will gve you the option)

Its kinda difficult reaching that place because the area is so confusing, just keep going close to the mountain instead of going to the Dirty Colossus area, the road will become linear all the way up to the bridge.

And congrats with the weapon trophy!

This game has a really satisfying Platinum!

I m sure it does have a really satisfying Platinum, only if I can reach that lofty level. I am basically stuck farming for few specific stones which feels like it is an impossible task. I just need Pure Darkmoonstone or Pure Bladestone and I also need chunks of Marrowstone. Any advice?

Well, just a little.

For Pure Darkmoon stones you have to kill the Crystal Geckos in 4-3 (near the Stormruler area). Get the World Tendency to Pure Black and equip the Thieft Ring and be in phantom form. There are 2 Crystal Geckos in that area, just stay far away and shoot arrows at one, if it flips, keep shooting, if it doesnt stop attacking immediatly and wait a while, the gecko MAY return to its original position... then kill the 2nd one the same way.... they are kinda hard to see because there is some grass and stuff around them. If you have the Clever Rat's Ring and/or Morion Blade, use them to increade your damage (drain your life with the Makoto).. i believe the Crystal Geckos in 4-2 also drop Darkmoon stones.

Be careful, those geckos are the ONLY enemies in the game that drop Pure Darkmoon stones.

For the Pure Bladestone... kill the black phantom eskeleton dual-weildieng katana in 4-2, you can try it after geting the Pure Darkmoon stone. In pure black world tendency you can find that skeleton after the 3rd grim reaper if you backtrack from the Old Hero Archstone. Just keep killing it and it eventually drop a Pure Bladestone. Or kill the Black Skeleton Dual Katana in 4-2 after the 1st Reaper... kill the reaper, drop off and go to the left stairs, destroy the fake wall and go down the staris, kill the skeleton there.

Both can drop it, but its all LUCK, nothing more.... some people get it really fast, others (like me) dont have so much luck (i leveled like 40 levels killing the skeleton i 1st mentioned before geting it, it doubled as soulfarming and pure bladestone farming).

Chunks of Marrowstone are horrible, you can get them in 5-1 killing the red ballon insects (leeches), i used to backtrack from the Leechmonger area to the bridge in 5-1 and kill the 3 red insects there, then droped below and crosed a bridge to 2 more. If you have the Great Sword of Searching its better. Pure luck too...

If you have any friend in the PSN around your level with a fully upgraded weapon with those stones, you can aske him to drop it, you grab it, get the trophy and then return it.

Sean2moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2053 Sean2moore
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts

[QUOTE="Sean2moore"][QUOTE="Marmotas"]

You have to reach that place from the other side, and just kick the bridge down. (they will gve you the option)

Its kinda difficult reaching that place because the area is so confusing, just keep going close to the mountain instead of going to the Dirty Colossus area, the road will become linear all the way up to the bridge.

And congrats with the weapon trophy!

This game has a really satisfying Platinum!

Marmotas

I m sure it does have a really satisfying Platinum, only if I can reach that lofty level. I am basically stuck farming for few specific stones which feels like it is an impossible task. I just need Pure Darkmoonstone or Pure Bladestone and I also need chunks of Marrowstone. Any advice?

Well, just a little.

For Pure Darkmoon stones you have to kill the Crystal Geckos in 4-3 (near the Stormruler area). Get the World Tendency to Pure Black and equip the Thieft Ring and be in phantom form. There are 2 Crystal Geckos in that area, just stay far away and shoot arrows at one, if it flips, keep shooting, if it doesnt stop attacking immediatly and wait a while, the gecko MAY return to its original position... then kill the 2nd one the same way.... they are kinda hard to see because there is some grass and stuff around them. If you have the Clever Rat's Ring and/or Morion Blade, use them to increade your damage (drain your life with the Makoto).. i believe the Crystal Geckos in 4-2 also drop Darkmoon stones.

Be careful, those geckos are the ONLY enemies in the game that drop Pure Darkmoon stones.

For the Pure Bladestone... kill the black phantom eskeleton dual-weildieng katana in 4-2, you can try it after geting the Pure Darkmoon stone. In pure black world tendency you can find that skeleton after the 3rd grim reaper if you backtrack from the Old Hero Archstone. Just keep killing it and it eventually drop a Pure Bladestone. Or kill the Black Skeleton Dual Katana in 4-2 after the 1st Reaper... kill the reaper, drop off and go to the left stairs, destroy the fake wall and go down the staris, kill the skeleton there.

Both can drop it, but its all LUCK, nothing more.... some people get it really fast, others (like me) dont have so much luck (i leveled like 40 levels killing the skeleton i 1st mentioned before geting it, it doubled as soulfarming and pure bladestone farming).

Chunks of Marrowstone are horrible, you can get them in 5-1 killing the red ballon insects (leeches), i used to backtrack from the Leechmonger area to the bridge in 5-1 and kill the 3 red insects there, then droped below and crosed a bridge to 2 more. If you have the Great Sword of Searching its better. Pure luck too...

If you have any friend in the PSN around your level with a fully upgraded weapon with those stones, you can aske him to drop it, you grab it, get the trophy and then return it.

Thank you for the advice and that is basically what I have been doing the past few weeks and it seems like it wont drop one of those stones for me. Ugh. Even worse, my luck is at 50. Oh well, any chance you have a fully upgraded weapons with those 3 stones?? ;) Once again, thanks..

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2054 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Marmotas"]

[QUOTE="Sean2moore"] I m sure it does have a really satisfying Platinum, only if I can reach that lofty level. I am basically stuck farming for few specific stones which feels like it is an impossible task. I just need Pure Darkmoonstone or Pure Bladestone and I also need chunks of Marrowstone. Any advice? Sean2moore

Well, just a little.

Thank you for the advice and that is basically what I have been doing the past few weeks and it seems like it wont drop one of those stones for me. Ugh. Even worse, my luck is at 50. Oh well, any chance you have a fully upgraded weapons with those 3 stones?? ;) Once again, thanks..

I do have one of each weapon of those... but... the character that has them is level 410 i think... i dont know wich level do you need so i can join your game as a phantom (or for you to join my game)

Luck dont affect the rarity of the drop i think, just the frequency. In the case of the Skeleton they always drop something, even if its not good. I believe that high luck could help you with the marrowstones and darkmoonstones. Always get the WT to PB when farming.

Mmmm, are you having troubles with the darkmoon stones or marrowstones?... most of those geckos gave me a pure darkmoonstone no problem. And marrow chunks are quite rare, had to darm like 2 days to get enough for the upgrade. Also, i used a +3 Fatal stiletto or something like that, that i found in the game (to have to farm less)

The worst of all those is the Pure Bladestone.

Oh yeah, and my luck was like 9 by that moment. (now its 99, i use the Blueblood Sword :))

EliteCreations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2055 EliteCreations
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
My friend accidentally ruined the ending of the game for me ): so my question is, should I still buy the game? So far according to my "research" all of the reviews pretty much say that the game doesn't rely heavily on the story. So should I buy the game just for the challenge?
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2056 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
My friend accidentally ruined the ending of the game for me ): so my question is, should I still buy the game? So far according to my "research" all of the reviews pretty much say that the game doesn't rely heavily on the story. So should I buy the game just for the challenge?EliteCreations
yes...definitely give a shot. While the story is interesting to follow closely (since it's practically untold), majority of the "meat" in this game comes from the level design, characters, mood, and, most importantly, gameplay.
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2057 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

How does the online work?

From what i seen its pvp only? Or could i get help with the game so its like coop rpg?

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2058 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Since this thread bumped, how can I defeat allant!

EliteCreations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2059 EliteCreations
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's SOMEWHERE in this thread...go look into all 103 pages. :D
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2061 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

How does the online work?

From what i seen its pvp only? Or could i get help with the game so its like coop rpg?

shadow13702
You use an item called the "blue-eye stone" to leave a mark on the floor (you have to be in body form). Then, another player within or around your same skill level will probably see this mark on the floor and travel to your world to help you throughout specific sections of the level. Then there's the "black eye stone" which allows other players to invade your world as black phantoms to attack you. That's the basic gist of how online works in Demon's Souls.
Arthas017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2062 Arthas017
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts

So I'm trying to get the platinum for this game, I need to hold every unique weapon and upgrade weapons, etc in one save? Or I can play with more than one character and complete different things like learn all spells with a magician?

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2063 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

How does one find a BladeStone Chunk and Pure? I've been farming and farming and farming and farming 4-1 and 4-2 for this stupid stone but all i get is Soul remains and Shards.

Do you need to be in Black WT? and if so how do you change it. I really need Sharp +5 Secret Dagger