Anybody Else Decided To Hold Back On Buying The PS4?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#51 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Not me, bring on the next gen!

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Yea. I had it preordered, but when I look at the games that will be available at launch, there'd nothing I'm really dying to play. I can wait until Infamous comes out at least.
sedtherat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 sedtherat
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Nope!

These are the games and systems I'm getting in the Fall!

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Yeah I'm waiting. Other than Killzone the lineup is rather weak. Spellingiscool

Seriously don't come out and say rather weak, when reality is there just not your type of games.

PS4 has the strongest launch line up other any console to date, xbox one is the same, your either to young to remember, or you have forgotten all the other launch line ups, seriously ps2 had a bad one and ps3 was worse.

This launch line up is crazy, a good first person shooter, a good third person original sandbox game, a good racer, AC4 sports games, loads and loads of indie games, its amazing.

day 2 purchase, i missed out on a launch console so got to wait until the next shipment comes through. 

End of the day ps4 is going to be the same price now and until next christmas at the very least, i mite aswel spend the money now and play the big games what are coming to ps3 anyway on a ps4. 

Avatar image for DragonHuntress7
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 DragonHuntress7
Member since 2013 • 138 Posts

I'm originally a PS1, PS2 owner then went to Xbox 360 and now a PS3 owner. In the past I have generally preordered and bought the systems on Launch day or shortly after it. 

However this time around I have decided I'm going to wait probably a few months to a year, before possibly investing in a PS4. 

At current I have 50 games for my PS3, many which I haven't even had time to complete yet, but the biggest put off the PS4 is for me. Is the inability to backwards compatibility games on the PS4, which is a major reason I'm holding back. 

I did hear a couple of months back Sony might release a second or third generation PS4, that might allow PS3 backwards compatbility for games. Which I might decide to wait and see if that happens. 

I know a lot of people won't be bother if the PS4 doesn't play PS3 games as well, but is anybody else like me deciding to hold back for the time on getting the PS4?

The_Kryptonian

I'm holding back as well for almost the same reasons. I have so many games I haven't played yet and if the PS4 doesn't have any backwards compatibility, my games will be going to 'waste'. If they ever do release a PS4 that does that, sure I will buy it then but for now I have enough games to keep me busy for a long while

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

The most promising looking games are multiplats so yeah, I'm holding off for a bit.

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts
I am waiting. I own too big of a backlog for PS3 games. I can't justify buying a PS4. If it had back wards compatibility then sure. But it doesn't so oh well. Plus many games are coming out for both PS3 and PS4. Beyond that I know that GameStop will be trying to get rid of used PS3 games like gang busters.
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"]Yeah I'm waiting. Other than Killzone the lineup is rather weak. bezza2011

Seriously don't come out and say rather weak, when reality is there just not your type of games.

PS4 has the strongest launch line up other any console to date, xbox one is the same, your either to young to remember, or you have forgotten all the other launch line ups, seriously ps2 had a bad one and ps3 was worse.

This launch line up is crazy, a good first person shooter, a good third person original sandbox game, a good racer, AC4 sports games, loads and loads of indie games, its amazing.

day 2 purchase, i missed out on a launch console so got to wait until the next shipment comes through. 

End of the day ps4 is going to be the same price now and until next christmas at the very least, i mite aswel spend the money now and play the big games what are coming to ps3 anyway on a ps4. 

This is a forum, not a hive mind. I stand by what I said. Several ports from the current gen consoles give the illusion of a strong lineup, but it's still just more of the same with a slight upgrade in the graphics department. I do agree that most launch lineups are weak, which is why I wait until the time is right. I'll probably pick one up around the first price drop.
Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

I had it paid off, but then I changed my mind due to lack of interesting/fun launch titles

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

I'm waiting at least a year before buying. Basically theres no exclusive been announced so far that excites me, and the majority of games available will be on PS3 anyway (albeit with inferior graphics). Theres also plenty of PS3 games I still have to play, including Last of Us, as well as the upcoming releases of Beyond and Tales Of Xillia 2.

som3a1991ps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 som3a1991ps2
Member since 2009 • 261 Posts

I'm originally a PS1, PS2 owner then went to Xbox 360 and now a PS3 owner. In the past I have generally preordered and bought the systems on Launch day or shortly after it. 

However this time around I have decided I'm going to wait probably a few months to a year, before possibly investing in a PS4. 

At current I have 50 games for my PS3, many which I haven't even had time to complete yet, but the biggest put off the PS4 is for me. Is the inability to backwards compatibility games on the PS4, which is a major reason I'm holding back. 

I did hear a couple of months back Sony might release a second or third generation PS4, that might allow PS3 backwards compatbility for games. Which I might decide to wait and see if that happens. 

I know a lot of people won't be bother if the PS4 doesn't play PS3 games as well, but is anybody else like me deciding to hold back for the time on getting the PS4?

The_Kryptonian

No way but I know why you still hestating just untill Sony reveal all its games, Also Giaki is coming in 2014 with something special another kind of backward compatbility

Don't wait for this thing (PS4 new model) to come Sony said why there is no backward compatbility so No not coming

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I am holding back because the majority of the PS4 games I want will be released for PS3. Stuff like NFS Rivals, AC 4, Watch Dogs, will be on PS3, so I can just get those versions, no point in rushing to get a PS4 when I can get the games on PS3.

Other multigen games that are releasing next year such as The Evil Within and MGS 5, I may get those on PS4, all depends how I feel by 2014, but for now I plan to get everything on PS3 since I doubt there will be a drastic difference that will effect me personally if they are just multigen games.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I don't have the money for it yet and I'm getting most of the games like BF4 and Watchdogs on PS3 anyway. Probably wait until next year to get it.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mitu123

I'm almost done paying it off!

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I've "held back" buying since this gen (my PS3) - This gen was the first where i sat back for about 2 years or so before finally buying... Hardware problem shake-outs, initial price-points, and lack of anything that firmly sits in the "Cannot Live Without It" software department make such a decision fairly easy, in my book... But add to all of that, the Big Brother online and used game questions, and it gives me renewed vigor to keep my wallet closed until there are some things set in stone.

There's just still too much Possible-F.U-to-The-Buyer that's out on the table (or being bandied about behind $ony & M$ doors), for me to preorder a system. At this point, honestly, it's not lookig like I will move on to the new systems along with the herd...

... I've got a ton of PS3 games yet to finish, and all of my other generations of systems which I still love... So buying into this coming gen, I dunno... I think I'd rather take that $500 or so it'd take ot get up and running, and spend it on PS3 titles which will drop in price like a stone once the shiney new systems hit shelves... Or titles for my GameCube that I don't have... Or my OG Xbox, or PS2s, or Dreamcast, or...

... You get the idea.

At least, in buying games for retro systems (with the exception of my PS3, obviously), I get the whole game on-disc, with no need for updates/patches, no online DRM, the ability to lend/trade with friends or outright sell what I don't want to keep in my library... And on, and on...

... The future of console gaming doesn't look all that attractive to me. I know I'm probably in the minority... But I've always been a rebel that way.

:lol:

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#66 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I'm going to wait.

I somehow doubt I'll be done with GTA V anytime soon, so there's really no need to get a new system.

Plus not being to use any of my old PS3 games or downloads on the new system is a major put off.

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

Ugh i want the PS4 more, but the dev kit on every XB1 made me change my mind... I will pick up a PS4 next year though.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Kryptonian"]

AzelKosMos

I don't understand this complaint. Will buying a PS4 make your 3 vanish somehow? Just keep it. I have a PS4 happily preordered. It will be my only console this gen. Most likely will get Killzone ( never liked them but this one looks awesome) Watchdogs and Driveclub (free with PSN+.

My exact thoughts, you can keep your PS3 if you still have many games you wish to play. Personally, I have no issues with waiting on Gaikai to allow PS3 games playbacks on PS4. 

Even if that doesn't happen, I played 90% of PS3 games in the last 7 years that I had time and desire to. I'm pretty much ready for the next gen. Definitely keep your PS3 if you still have games to enjoy on it. 

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts
I cant see waiting a long time before buying the PS4 just because I have the original PS3 from release date and the fan is loud. I have a friend that bought his the same time and he had to get his PS3 fixed. I have a feeling mine will be next. I dont want to pay $80 to fix the dredded red light issue. I use my PS3 for movies, DVDs, games of course and almost everyday to workout with P90X and Insanity. I have definetly got my moneys worth. I will probably get rid of my PS3 when the new one comes out. I am still not in awe of the new gen PS4 games other than Watch dog and Driveclub and i heard from PAX people that assassin creed looks and plays lovely. I need to see reviews of games before i buy them but i will get the PS4 if not just for a new movie system etc. I hope a lot of these launch games will exceed my expectations. So I will be in a wait and see mode before buying any PS4 games other than probably Watch dog and Hopefully Madden. I am not the type that will spend $500 on a bunch of games knowing i need to finish a game first before buying another one. Plus i don't spend money like water on video games anyway. So the games must be top notch for me to spend money on a brand new game.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#70 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Im trying my hardest to convince myself not to... Might just purchase it and leave it in the box until further notice.
SSlater413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SSlater413
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
I'm holding back because there's nothing coming out that I'm really excited to play. Plus, I'm still enjoying my PS3 at the moment. Maybe in a year or so I'll buy one.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#72 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I'm holding back because none of the launch games interest me and those that do I could just get on my current systems. Soonest may be Christmas but I'm thinking of just getting one next year around July for my birthday or maybe next Christmas. I've still got plenty of games to play :P
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#73 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I just built a gaming PC so I'll wait until Sony comes out with a nice lineup of exclusives before getting a PS4.  The launch lineups of both consoles doesn't interest me much.  The Order 1886 is the only game that really piques my interest, so once they'ge got 5 or 6 games that do that for me, they'll get my $400 :)

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
No, I am moving the purchase date forward. I wasn't going to buy until Christmas 2014, but I am not planning on getting it when Infamous releases assuming the PS4 has no issues.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

what ive learned from current and previous gens is that the full potential, and best games of new consoles always come much later in the gen. like after the console has been out for 3 years already or something. not to say im not interested in the games coming out but im planning to wait. but to be honest i might not be able to resist if i see some really quality games coming out. MGS5 just might be the deciding factor for me, i don't think thats a launch title though.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mitu123

jbfxyKDw0ufJ3k.JPG

I'm definitely not waiting, lol.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Yep, I'm holding off.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
Well to be honest I wanted both systems preordered but only preordered PS4 because of money or lack there of. I got my flashlight for my birthday so the console is the only thing left for me to want for Christmas. Oh yeah well its not just any old flashlight. Its the 15x Cree. :)
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

If Dark Souls II was a PS4 release I'd probably pick one up during DK2's release and gladly pay for PSN+. But since it isn't. I'm not in a hurry to Pay for PSN+ or a new console.... nor those non-discounted 60+ dollar games that are likely going to stay that way for the next 8 months after the consoles release. Dark Souls II and X-Rebirth should keep me occupied for a long while. As well as other PS3 games and PC that I haven't bothered to buy/play, yet.

And if DS2 gets announced as a duel release, I'd still buy the PS3 version of it with the reasoning that the game isn't going to look any better on the PS4. The crappy PC port of DS showed me that....

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
My PS3 backlog is way too big so I'll rather focus on clearing that up first and maybe scoop up a nice bundle when I'm done. I noticed with consoles the whole "patience is a virtue" thing applies nicely since most of the awesome bundles only come out much later for it.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="AzelKosMos"][QUOTE="The_Kryptonian"]

Sokol4ever

I don't understand this complaint. Will buying a PS4 make your 3 vanish somehow? Just keep it. I have a PS4 happily preordered. It will be my only console this gen. Most likely will get Killzone ( never liked them but this one looks awesome) Watchdogs and Driveclub (free with PSN+.

My exact thoughts, you can keep your PS3 if you still have many games you wish to play. Personally, I have no issues with waiting on Gaikai to allow PS3 games playbacks on PS4. 

Even if that doesn't happen, I played 90% of PS3 games in the last 7 years that I had time and desire to. I'm pretty much ready for the next gen. Definitely keep your PS3 if you still have games to enjoy on it. 

I think it's a perfectly valid complaint. They simply aren't allowing physical bc because of that stupid Gaikai service and for re-selling the same games to you again digitally. People like to put away their previous gen systems to make room for the new ones. I don't know about you, but it would be a pain in the ass having to plug/unplug HDMI cables every time I want to play different games on different systems, or go buy a HDMI switcher, which is another pain in the ass.

Why can't Sony just allow PS3 disc play on the PS4? That would just be too easy and convenient I guess.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

[QUOTE="AzelKosMos"]I don't understand this complaint. Will buying a PS4 make your 3 vanish somehow? Just keep it. I have a PS4 happily preordered. It will be my only console this gen. Most likely will get Killzone ( never liked them but this one looks awesome) Watchdogs and Driveclub (free with PSN+.Bigboi500

I think it's a perfectly valid complaint. They simply aren't allowing physical bc because of that stupid Gaikai service and for re-selling the same games to you again digitally. People like to put away their previous gen systems to make room for the new ones. I don't know about you, but it would be a pain in the ass having to plug/unplug HDMI cables every time I want to play different games on different systems, or go buy a HDMI switcher, which is another pain in the ass.

Why can't Sony just allow PS3 disc play on the PS4? That would just be too easy and convenient I guess.

Guess this generation of consoles is just about battling it out and selling more units and milking more money rather than customer satisfaction. First, there's no BC, so if my PS3 dies, my 50+ games are useless. Also means that I've to pay on Gaikai for games which I'd already owned. Second, why are they forcing me to pay for online? Didn't I just buy a console, paid for a broadband internet and paid for the game which I'll play online too? How about charging me to open up the disc tray too?

Used to avoid PCs, but now I think that PC truly is the master race.

beet0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 beet0
Member since 2004 • 134 Posts

Yea. All the games I want are comming out for PS3. Ill probably pick up the PS4 two years from now.

weeezzy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 weeezzy7
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Naaah...i will give it to myself as a birthday present on march :p the reason im holding back a while is just because GTA V and black ops 2 online and im getting fifa 14 as well so AC black flag or watch dogs can wait for a while i mean people cmo'n WE ALL KNOW THAT GTA V is the main reason! I swear i wanted to pre order it coz i thought GTA V would be available to it also but since i knew it will not be i have decided to back down a while