Am I the only guy who thinks Fallout 3 is waaaaaay overated?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolin_PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 coolin_PS3
Member since 2009 • 225 Posts

Everyone on here loves it but I don't see why.

I don't want to offend anyone or fall-out (sorry for pun) with anyone because its just my opinion.

Firstly I thought the graphics were terrible especially on people. And whats going on with the slo-mo shooting when it says enemy head destroyed 100% yet they are still shooting at you and running about? I think it starts promisingly and has a few OK features but to be rated so highly seems bizarre to me, perhaps you can shed some light on it. :)

Now Its not an awful game but there are so many better games out there which are similar. Red Faction Guerilla for example.

:D Anyone agree?

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

Well, not all games are for everyone. I don't own it. I've seen and read enough of it and I decided not to get it. It's simply not my type of game.

I don't think it's overrated, though. For a lot of gamers, this game is just epic. It's a known concept and Fallout 3 somewhat perfected it.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
no bud u are not the only one. I thought fallout 3 sucked
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
It isn't the graphics that make Fallout 3, it was the gameplay. So much things to explore, weapons to make and use, and it is actually one of the only free roaming game where I actually roamed around once I Beat the game. It isn't overrated, Fallout 3 deserves all of its praise. But that is just my opinion.
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
^bah im not gonna bother responding to this b/c it will just be a losing battle lol. But i really did not like this game and the direction it took and i feel like i made the right move trading it in
Peabody99224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Peabody99224
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
I think that Fallout 3 is great, but I also absolutely loved Red Faction so to each his own I suppose.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
No way Fallout 3 was the best game of last year.
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
I don't think red faction has rpg elements to it, if i'm not mistaken. Never played it, but didn't think it was THAT type of game.
WalterPeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WalterPeck
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

Asking why someone else likes something you don't has to be the dumbest question ever. Variety is the spice of life. I bet a hate something you do, but who cares? What a waste of a thread.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Well duh. Of course you are the only person ever to think Fallout 3 is overrated.

In all seriousness though it was one ofmy favorite games of last year, but if you didn't like it, no big deal. People have different tastes in games.

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I don't think red faction has rpg elements to it, if i'm not mistaken. Never played it, but didn't think it was THAT type of game.bussinrounds

lol what?

wopchop23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 wopchop23
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

No dude, not at all. I bought the game because i looked at some reviews and heard great things. When i first played it i liked that fact that you can decide what you want to say, but like you said, i though the graphins were sub-par. I dunno its not that bad but its way overrated.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
I'm pretty much saying that red faction isn't that similar to fallout. get it ?
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
I tought it was lacking in a lot of different ways, but it was still an amazing game. I really hated that the campaign story was so stupid and only lasted six hours. I hate that the world wasn't as vast as the one in Oblivion. There were like ten times the quests in Oblivion, so I expected as much coming from the same developer. The shooting mechanic could have been better, but it worked at least. I'm really disappointed in how bland the PS3 version looked compared to the others. That caught me off guard since the PS3 version of Oblivion was the superior console version. I guess there were different people working on it or whatever, but I really don't see any excuse for that. Anyway, all the glitches and the low level cap sucked, too. Honestly, though, the game was freaking awesome!
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I can honestly say, with 100% confidence, that Fallout 3 is one of the best games created so far. If you stick with it, you will experience a game unlike any other.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Each to their own. We all have our tastes when it comes to Games.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I got it, enjoyed it, finished it, and will probably get GOTY version if it includes DLC.

I still think it's overrated.

L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
Well it's certainly better than Fallout 1 & 2. The VATS were one of the best bits of FO3, if they wern't there it would just be like Far Cry 2. Thats what made it unique, body parts flying in slow motion is hilarious! Graphics were good for the size of the game, there were hundreds of differnt objects and places to design. Karma was featured too which was another highlight. I think they could have done with more quests to make more use of some of the places, going back to that ship town was quite boring. Well thats my opinion I thought it derseved all the praise it received.
disbadaszfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 disbadaszfool
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts

I couldn't get into FallOut 3 . I don't know if it's because I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2 or what. But I couldn't. I got lost way too much in that game.

eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

well ill say this game TBH has no replay value, once you play iitonce, twice even the quests you just arent in the mood to do them anymore, and sometimes when you get the random fight with 3 super mutants with rocket launchers and you lose thats kind of annoying

The_punisher23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_punisher23
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts
your crazy fallout 3 is great but it's your opinion maybe because you don't like rpg's made here in the u.s like oblivion
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TriangleHard

your crazy fallout 3 is great but it's your opinion maybe because you don't like rpg's made here in the u.s like oblivion The_punisher23

Oblivion is unplayable garbage.

Really. The bugs in that game freezes my PS3 often and corrupts many save files.

I hate that ****ing broken @$$ game. Game of the year my @$$. Garbage of the year is more like it.

No game that broken should be in retail stores. Period.

L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

[QUOTE="The_punisher23"]your crazy fallout 3 is great but it's your opinion maybe because you don't like rpg's made here in the u.s like oblivion TriangleHard

Really. The bugs in that game freezes my PS3 often and corrupts many save files.

I hate that ****ing broken @$$ game. Game of the year my @$$. Garbage of the year is more like it.

Maybe research a game before buying it, I knew the PS3 GOTY Edition had problems so I got it for my PC, still I agree with you that games shouldn't have problems working.
The_punisher23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_punisher23
what ever fallout 3 was a great buy for me
TheMagicThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheMagicThing
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts

i thought fallout was kinda overrated got boring after an hour then went to play WARHAWK lol

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TriangleHard

[QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

[QUOTE="The_punisher23"]your crazy fallout 3 is great but it's your opinion maybe because you don't like rpg's made here in the u.s like oblivion L33T_TI200P3I2

Maybe research a game before buying it, I knew the PS3 GOTY Edition had problems so I got it for my PC, still I agree with you that games shouldn't have problems working.

I DID do research.

They did say PS3 version is superior version compared to 360 and most of the bugs were fixed.

If that was less buggy version, I don't even want to think about what even more buggier version is like.

Well now that Id is with Bethesda, I hope that garbage programming issue is gone from Bethesda.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

First we had somethingsimilar but with MGS 4. Now Fallout 3. I eagerly await the next game someone doesn't like or thinks is overrated and is seeking others.:P

Anyway I loved me my Fallout 3. Nothing better than running around in the 1950s, killing people(Bloody Mess!:D), all while listening to awesome old music(GNR!:D).:P It was awesome.:D

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts

First we had somethingsimilar but with MGS 4. Now Fallout 3. I eagerly await the next game someone doesn't like or thinks is overrated and is seeking others.:P

Anyway I loved me my Fallout 3. Nothing better than running around in the 1950s, killing people(Bloody Mess!:D), all while listening to awesome old music(GNR!:D).:P It was awesome.:D

Vyse_Legends
Doesn't Fallout 3 take place in 2277? The music was great, "I don't want to set the world on firrrreeeeeeeee"
The_punisher23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_punisher23
and who dosen't want to mini nuke someone
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

[QUOTE="Vyse_Legends"]

idk761

Doesn't Fallout 3 take place in 2277? The music was great, "I don't want to set the world on firrrreeeeeeeee"

Indeed it did. But since no one ever did anything(because of being in the Vaults)most of the outside world(especially the music) makes me say 1950s.:P

It's just such a great time.:D "I'm as corny as Kansas in August.".:P

todsnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 todsnet
Member since 2003 • 426 Posts

I didn't like the game either. Gave it a 5. I didn't see anything in the game worth doing. I do like some rpg games loved Mass Effect can't wait for the second one, but fallout3, just didn't like.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I don't want to offend anyone or fall-out (sorry for pun) with anyone because its just my opinion.

Firstly I thought the graphics were terrible especially on people. And whats going on with the slo-mo shooting when it says enemy head destroyed 100% yet they are still shooting at you and running about? I think it starts promisingly and has a few OK features but to be rated so highly seems bizarre to me, perhaps you can shed some light on it. :)

Now Its not an awful game but there are so many better games out there which are similar. Red Faction Guerilla for example.

coolin_PS3

Well for starters if the head is 'destroyed', that just means it is crippled. Their accuracy will be almost nonexistant and not really be able to hit you. If you walk over a bear trap in the game, your leg gets 'destroyed'. It wouldn't be much fun to have to crawl a mile back to the nearest clinic. I thought the environment look great as well. I think Bethesda really captured what the DC area would look like if there were a nuclear fallout.

Red Faction Guerilla is not similar either. Fallout 3 is an RPG, while RF is a TPS.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Well the things that you've mentioned aren't the reasons people love and play that game...so basically you missed the point of the game all together. And you're actually adding to the hype of the game by making this thread.
twitchscb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 twitchscb
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

I agree completely, I tried to give Fallout 3 a chance but it just wasn't my game, and I'm a huge RPG gamer... I'm actually more excited about Borderlands then I ever was about Fallout. I think that they are approaching the First-person shooter RPG with a lot better direction... But that's just my opinion and I have many friends who are Fallout fiends, I just never really understood why.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

coolin_PS3

Well, I'm not "offended". I honestly don't see how I can be since it's just a video game and people are supposed to choose what they do or don't like. That's the joy of having your own mind and "free will". I could care less.

Personally, I like Fallout 3. Because I loved Oblivion, played a part in that. But I think it's a great game. Especially the retro feel of it, yet the year is 2277 (or something like that).

I would also like to eventually get Red Faction Guerilla. The demo was fun.

So there for, I cannot disagree (or agree) because you're not actually saying it's a horrible game. You just don't like it. There's nothing to debate or dispute because it's your opinion.

Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

First of all, VATS (the slow-mo thing) is amazing, I just thing it shouldn't be usable all the time.

And obviously you haven't played the game very much if you think 100% means the head is detroyed 100%. The 100% means your chance of hitting it. To be honest, the game was better than I thought it would be in some respects. The only thing I have against the original game is that there is little motivation to explore AFTER you beat it.

Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

[QUOTE="coolin_PS3"]

Denji

Well, I'm not "offended". I honestly don't see how I can be since it's just a video game and people are supposed to choose what they do or don't like. That's the joy of having your own mind and "free will". I could care less.

Personally, I like Fallout 3. Because I loved Oblivion, played a part in that. But I think it's a great game. Especially the retro feel of it, yet the year is 2277 (or something like that).

I would also like to eventually get Red Faction Guerilla. The demo was fun.

So there for, I cannot disagree (or agree) because you're not actually saying it's a horrible game. You just don't like it. There's nothing to debate or dispute because it's your opinion.

lol, good point

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

First of all, VATS (the slow-mo thing) is amazing, I just thing it shouldn't be usable all the time.

And obviously you haven't played the game very much if you think 100% means the head is detroyed 100%. The 100% means your chance of hitting it. To be honest, the game was better than I thought it would be in some respects. The only thing I have against the original game is that there is little motivation to explore AFTER you beat it.

StephenBassford

Well, different things do happen with different choices you make and playing good or bad. I still haven't done all of the side quests myself. But I know that a lot of different things have happened during three playthroughs so far that haven't happened in the last. Also, things that have happened in the last one, happened differently or didn't happen at all the second or third time around.

The only thing I don't like is when the game actually "ends" and the lvl 20 cap. They're not even needed and could've left it alone.

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Not overated....

It seems okay and but i cant be bothered playing it....

supes05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 supes05
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

i didnt like Fallout 3 either. it's geared towards a specific group of fans.

ive tried to like RPG and i just cant. i hate their combat sequence. where you take turns ala Final Fantasy or F3 where you just pick a section of their body.

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

I haven't played it, but I did find Oblivion to be rather boring.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#43 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I thought it was an amazing game.

But then everyone likes and dislikes different games to other people. Like I could do a thread saying "I hate Valkyria Chronicles". But I know most people here love it! (Which I can't understand :P )

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts

Nope it was and is a great game. The only thing that is overrated is internet opinions.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I'm with you TC.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#46 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I handed my brother my 360 Fallout 3 game. and i just pre-ordered the Game of the Year Edition of Fallout 3 for PS3 (comes out i think October 13th)

so yeah... that'll give you an idea of what i think of Fallout 3..

I liked it enough to buy it two times...

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
i thought it was good, but not to an extent id keep playing after getting plat. im not one of those people who just do anything with no meaning ie, im the kind of person who moves onto the next game if there is nothing truly to achieve left, i get bored easy
Avatar image for deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
I think not.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I like it a lot. I can't wait for the upcoming DLC.
fudgeman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fudgeman7
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts

I think it's overated too. I feel that it's to slow. But that's just my opinion (: