Am I the only guy who thinks Fallout 3 is waaaaaay overated?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#51 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

To me, Fallout 3 is overrated for one reason.

It does everything well. It's does good things, but it doesn't do anything exceptional.

To be a great game, I think the game has to do something fantastic.

So in my book, Fallout 3 is good, but not great game. However, Fallout 3 is being praised as great game, so it's overrated in my book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

No, there are plenty of people here on GS who are just as wrong as you are. Lol. ZING!

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

It isn't the graphics that make Fallout 3, it was the gameplay. So much things to explore, weapons to make and use, and it is actually one of the only free roaming game where I actually roamed around once I Beat the game. It isn't overrated, Fallout 3 deserves all of its praise. But that is just my opinion. idk761

Did you play Fallout 3? Once you beat it the game was OVER .. it's not like Oblivion ..

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#54 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

No, you are not. I thought it was great the first time through. However, the bland post nuclear environment, coupled with the lifeless characters with horrible animations and dry plot put me to sleep halfway through my second play through. It is a fairly solid game overall though, I think it deserves about an 8.0-8.5 in my opinion....nothing more.

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

Everyone on here loves it but I don't see why.

I don't want to offend anyone or fall-out (sorry for pun) with anyone because its just my opinion.

Firstly I thought the graphics were terrible especially on people. And whats going on with the slo-mo shooting when it says enemy head destroyed 100% yet they are still shooting at you and running about? I think it starts promisingly and has a few OK features but to be rated so highly seems bizarre to me, perhaps you can shed some light on it. :)

Now Its not an awful game but there are so many better games out there which are similar. Red Faction Guerilla for example.

:D Anyone agree?

coolin_PS3
About that slow mo shooting, it can help the player to aim better. Remember, the game is an RPG NOT an FPS. This may be why you don't like the game as much as others. Comparing Red Faction Guerilla to it wont do any justice.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
Seeing as the topic " Am I the only one thinks GAME is way overrated " is being made for every single game that comes out I say no you are not.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Anyone else starting to hate the term "overrated"? There's no such thing as an overrated or underrated game, just what you personally do or do not like.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Anyone else starting to hate the term "overrated"? There's no such thing as an overrated or underrated game, just what you personally do or do not like. Silent-Hal

I hate the words Overrated, Underrated, Epic and Fail ..

Pancakespank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Pancakespank
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts
The game is awesome. the PS3 version got problems in graphics..
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
nope, i think ur in the minority but to be honest i also found it over-rated. alot of features in it was sup-par in my opinion of course.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

Everyone on here loves it but I don't see why.

I don't want to offend anyone or fall-out (sorry for pun) with anyone because its just my opinion.

Firstly I thought the graphics were terrible especially on people. And whats going on with the slo-mo shooting when it says enemy head destroyed 100% yet they are still shooting at you and running about? I think it starts promisingly and has a few OK features but to be rated so highly seems bizarre to me, perhaps you can shed some light on it. :)

Now Its not an awful game but there are so many better games out there which are similar. Red Faction Guerilla for example.

:D Anyone agree?

coolin_PS3
uh no, i don't. the graphics are actually really good. the 100% thing must be a bug. and it provides hours of fun with many options and paths. 9.0 is a solid score for this game.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#62 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
I hated it at first, but I actually like it a lot now. The graphics and sound, however, are quite bad. Facial and character animations are lifeless and creepy and the voice acting flat out sucks.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#63 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Yea....That S *hit is overrated....
_SniperFox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 _SniperFox_
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts
I've got all the DLC for it on 360 , when you add it all up it's a epic package. The game is just so damn immersive, I love it. And it seems to get better the more I play it. In my top 3 games of this generation, I don't see how people can say it's over rated, I mean what did you expect?. It does everything well. I can't wait to see what they can do with the next Elder scrolls game.
herukuti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 herukuti
Member since 2009 • 379 Posts

its just you; the mood and athmosphere alone is worth the entry ticket. i love that about beth soft zenmax games.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
Yea....That S *hit is overrated....Young_Charter
Three Days of Grace? Fallout 3 is not overrated I still think. I just said this, because I don't want to get modded. But now that I said the last sentence I will probably get modded anyway for being offtopic. :(
techzilla77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 techzilla77
Member since 2009 • 234 Posts

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Like Michael Jackson. "You are not alone"