A Halo game on the PS3?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Bungie has refused to comment on whether its first post-Halo: Reach release is being developed for PS3 - but hasn't taken the opportunity to deny it, either.

Since separating from Microsoft in 2007, the firm is free to develop on multiple platforms - and the rumour mill is rife that its new title will be available on Sony's console.

However, when CVG put the question to Bungie community boss Brian Jarrard, he said the decision was "undefined right now".

He told CVG:

"I mean, I think our whole future's kind of undefined right now and it's definitely not something we're going to be comfortable getting into too much detail about.

"We've had another team internally [other than those making Reach] for quite a while now - they've been working on the genesis of what will become our next big thing.

"It's a little premature to get into specifics, but you know I think we have a really good mix of old blood and new blood in the studio."

The second and final instalment of our interview with Bungie will be up on CVG later tonight. You can check out part one here.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=236359

thug_basher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 thug_basher
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

Please for the love of god no no no!

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

Truckasaurus Rex?

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Whoa there... Bungie is free to develop games for whomever they want, but Halo is owned by Microsoft same as Gran Turismo is owned by Sony.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Not to sound rude but why even raise this question? What you're referring to is killing off exclusivity? Then what would be the point of multiple companies making multiple platform consoles? Might as well hold hands and make ONE single console for everyone, everywhere. With what you just said, someone can ask why isn't God of War 3 on the Xbox 360? Or why the did FF13 become multi-platform? Will FF13 versus be on Xbox 360 now? I hate it when people want exclusive games to go multi-platform. Go buy an Xbox 360, a Wii, and/or PS3 like everyone else.
gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

no that would feel weird like playing gears of war 1 with a ps3 shape controller on PC. but that would be alot of $$$

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

bungie owns halo , ms just bought an agreement,

just like rare! its 2nd party not first ,

ms doesnt have first party they aint nintendo ,

nintendo or sony ,

myiamoto makes his o wn games i dont think microsoft does , if so its not halo , or pgr or pd etc as we all found out in 2007 bungie has the right to publish halo for what ever it wants dont you remember in 2000 halo was supposed to be a ps2 and xbox game ,,

duh , ,

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
We don't want Halo.. if i did i'd just play it on my Xbox...
gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

Not to sound rude but why even raise this question? What you're referring to is killing off exclusivity? Then what would be the point of multiple companies making multiple platform consoles? Might as well hold hands and make ONE single console for everyone, everywhere. With what you just said, someone can ask why isn't God of War 3 on the Xbox 360? Or why the did FF13 become multi-platform? Will FF13 versus be on Xbox 360 now? I hate it when people want exclusive games to go multi-platform. Go buy an Xbox 360, a Wii, and/or PS3 like everyone else. Elian2530

but youd save money. on having 1 console and can focus on 1 easier especially if your a Trophy/achivement collector/hunter and not having to adjust controls

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#10 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Can't happen. Halo is Microsoft's IP.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

I think you all are missing the point of the post, it's just saying Bungie's next game could very well come to the PS3 now that they are no longer with Microsoft. It's obviously not going to be Halo, they're done with that after Reach (for now anyway).

I'm cool with it. They are obviously talented developers. The more the merrier.

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
I think Halo is an awesome online game that has many aspects to it that i haven't seen on a ps3 game online - - ranked team doubles, etc. I think this would be awesome...but it's not going to happen.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#13 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Nope. If Bungie wants to make a game for the PS3 that's fine, Microsoft can't say a thing. But Halo is owned by Microsoft, it'll never happen.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
halo isnt going multiplat. it just isnt. stop pretending like theres a chance.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Literally impossible. Microsoft owns the Halo IP, Bungie owns Marathon.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
Do not want.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

they could make a lot more money. but i dunno if any ps3 fans would by halo for the ps3

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Nope. If Bungie wants to make a game for the PS3 that's fine, Microsoft can't say a thing. But Halo is owned by Microsoft, it'll never happen.

brickdoctor

Incorrect.

MS get first refusal on publishing rights for all future Bungie titles. If Bungie want to make a PS3 game, MS can simply say no, we're publishing it.

Unless of course the game looks terrible, in which case MS wont take the chance.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I wouldn't mind a Halo-ish game developed by Bungie on the PS3. I dont want Halo though. They have milked the heck out of that Franchise.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Just know that if a Bungie game is to come to the PS3, it won't be Halo. Microsoft, not Bungie, owns the IP, meaning you'll never see a Halo game on the PS3. Unless, of course, Microsoft wants their top-selling title on the rival console, which, obviously, will not happen.

EDIT: TC, you really should take the "Halo" out of the thread title. It can't come to the PS3 for the very reason I, and a few others, stated. A Bungie game can happen, it just can't be a Halo game.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phoenix534

I wouldn't mind a Halo-ish game developed by Bungie on the PS3. I dont want Halo though. They have milked the heck out of that Franchise.

Terrencec06

I wouldn't call it milked. It's had six titles in a little over eight years. It isn't like Call of Duty, which has had 13 titles(14 if you count Mobilized as separate) since 2003.

ElvesOnEcstacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ElvesOnEcstacy
Member since 2009 • 574 Posts

I think the PS3 would blow up from the irony.

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts
I wouldn't want it, just like I wouldn't want Zelda on the PS3.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Isn't this old news though? I do remember sometime last year that there were rumors that Bungie might develop a game for the ps3. I know its not going to be Halo cause the rights are owned by MS.
bananapotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 bananapotato
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

No thanks.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

A halo game will never be on Ps3 because MS owns the IP, however, I think it is certainly possible that a Bungie developed game could come to ps3 since Bungie is now independent. I'd rather have a new IP made by Bungie than a Halo game; Halo is just average to me and blown out of proportion by fanboys.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Phoenix534

Need for Speed, yeah I won't even bother with that since it's EA, you know it's been milked.

N7Sovereign

EA is back on top. They've experimented with new IPs and have found success. If anything, they're the member of the Big 3(EA, Activition, Ubisoft) that milks less than anyone.

Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dark-Star13
Member since 2009 • 2849 Posts

I doubt it would happen, but if it did, it would finally shut up the x-bots!

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I certainly wouldn't mind a game from Bungie on the PlayStation 3. I am a gamer after all.

Avatar image for SalvationGift31
SalvationGift31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SalvationGift31
Member since 2010 • 277 Posts
Would be nice, but I don't think it's going to happen.
xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

brickdoctor

Wow , your Master Chief and Drake PSN chat sig is hilarious!

SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SomeGuyInLA
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

This thread is sorta pointless. Halo is a great game (not including halo wars) but it will never be on the PS3 because M$ owns it (as others have stated). There's still a chance Bungie will develop their next game for the both the PS3 and 360.

randonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 randonw
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts
Not to sound rude but why even raise this question? What you're referring to is killing off exclusivity? Then what would be the point of multiple companies making multiple platform consoles? Might as well hold hands and make ONE single console for everyone, everywhere. With what you just said, someone can ask why isn't God of War 3 on the Xbox 360? Or why the did FF13 become multi-platform? Will FF13 versus be on Xbox 360 now? I hate it when people want exclusive games to go multi-platform. Go buy an Xbox 360, a Wii, and/or PS3 like everyone else. Elian2530
Seriously? And why would I want to go out a buy a new system just to play another game? The current setup with multiple platforms benefits the sellers not consumers.
The_Wii_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 The_Wii_Lover
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts

even though i want to see it but it's impossible as Halo is owned by microsoft

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

Terrencec06
WOW 3 and a half games in 9 years is considered milked to you? call of duty has came out with twice as many games in 6 years. and first of all this isnt gonna happen cuz microsoft owns halo now. just not bungie. and as for the ps3 people saying they "dont want it" thats freakn bs they are just saying that, you know if halo was coming to ps3 you would get it. just like how xbox players talk crap on killzone but they would still get it if it went to xbox. it has the best online community and bungie is pretty dedicated to making their online the best which they did with halo 3 imho no other game i play online is like halo 3 or gets me as hooked as halo 3 does.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#38 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

I would never have believed a Final Fantasy game would appear on the 360 either so who knows:P

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#39 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I don't like Halo to be honest. PS3 doesn't need it

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

Truckasaurus Rex?

Reemer99
Exactly. Truckasaurus Rex....
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Whoa there... Bungie is free to develop games for whomever they want, but Halo is owned by Microsoft same as Gran Turismo is owned by Sony. MAILER_DAEMON
What if they call it : Hola ? can they still release it on the ps3? it would be the story of master chiefs sister :p
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I thought Bungie was ditching the Halo IP anyway? Whatever happened to that song and dance? But sure, I'd play a Halo game on PS3... as much as you fanboys want to complain about it, the Halo series pioneered a lot of features in FPSes that are now taken largely for granted, plus it features a giant green robot, which is awesome. That being said, everyone thought Haze would be awesome because the guys who did Timesplitters did it... just because Bungie made a few great games on a console that has a dev environment that's almost identical to PC that doesn't mean they won't make an e-turd on PS3.
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
Whoa there... Bungie is free to develop games for whomever they want, but Halo is owned by Microsoft same as Gran Turismo is owned by Sony. MAILER_DAEMON
aw would've been unique to see wha they could do with the console oh well
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#44 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
[QUOTE="randonw"] Seriously? And why would I want to go out a buy a new system just to play another game? The current setup with multiple platforms benefits the sellers not consumers.

Short and to the point. If there was only one console, you'd see less competition. You'd see more complacency as a result of less risk taking, and therefore less variety and diversity in your console's line up. Multiple platforms benefit the gamers that can afford to buy consoles, and the gamers open-minded enough not to stick with just one company their entire lives. If you can't understand that, I have no other way to put it for you.
kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="randonw"] Seriously? And why would I want to go out a buy a new system just to play another game? The current setup with multiple platforms benefits the sellers not consumers.

Short and to the point. If there was only one console, you'd see less competition. You'd see more complacency as a result of less risk taking, and therefore less variety and diversity in your console's line up. Multiple platforms benefit the gamers that can afford to buy consoles, and the gamers open-minded enough not to stick with just one company their entire lives. If you can't understand that, I have no other way to put it for you.

this and nice sig pic lol but ya exclusives need to exist competition is for the best. and well quite honestly MS will never ever in a thousand years allow halo to appear elsewhere. its there mascot same as GOW aint going anywhere. take heavy rain ill be playing it tommorrow its a reason to enjoy my ps3 and not my xbox or wii
randonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 randonw
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

[QUOTE="randonw"] Seriously? And why would I want to go out a buy a new system just to play another game? The current setup with multiple platforms benefits the sellers not consumers.JustPlainLucas

Okay, I do see your point. I have no problem with a game going cross-platform after a period of time though.

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
I wouldn't want it, just like I wouldn't want Zelda on the PS3.NotAFurry
Are you kidding? That is like the number one game I'd want on the PS3. Think of a high-def remake of OoT?
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I dont care either way really. PS3 doesnt really need Halo we have plenty of AAA titles as it is. I wouldnt mind an FPS made by Bungie to be on the PS3 though, i would check it out.

EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts
Give me a game developed by Bungie that has gameplay and substance of Halo without the actual franchise and I'll gladly take it. I really enjoy the multiplayer and gameplay but am not a fan of the story and atmosphere.
P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 P-vs-P
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

But in that case Polyphony Digital is also owned by Sony while Bungie is independant