Your Official Batman: Arkham Knight Hype Thread (tm)?

• 97 results
attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By attirex
Member since 2007 • 2465 Posts

Or....more meh, will suck, bargain bin, wait for steam sale, controls suck, etc.?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I'm guessing more 9/10 or 10/10 and that Vanord did his usual shtick with his review. If it's disappointing, I'll definitely be the one to harp on about it. But everything I've seen so far looks phenomenal, especially things I've picked up from other reviews.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until my GTX 980Ti gets here before I can play it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

Game looks great. I loved the previous games (even Origins). It will be solid. No worries.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

I am hoping my GTX 970 and i7 will be enough for a decent framerate. I have seen some people say its around 30FPS with it already though.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

@PcGamingRig said:

I am hoping my GTX 970 and i7 will be enough for a decent framerate. I have seen some people say its around 30FPS with it already though.

I'm expecting to get close to maxing it @1080p, close to 60fps, with a similar rig. GTX970 strix. and I7 hex core Haswell. If not, then it doesn't carry with it anywhere near the optimization that the previous 2 Rocksteady Batman games did, even with DX11 performance issues with Arkham City. That was basically maxed at 1080p with close to 60 fps, with a Phenom II quad, and a GTX570 1gb... Batman AA was ran on an AMD 6000+, and 8800gt in SLI. (never really dipped below 60 fps, maxed at 1680x1050)

The day one patch that is suppose to significantly improve performance doesn't even go out until tomorrow.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Will definitely play it but thankfully it's the last in this trilogy since it was getting a bit jaded.

These guys should do a SUPERMAN game next.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lach0121

@FelipeInside said:

Will definitely play it but thankfully it's the last in this trilogy since it was getting a bit jaded.

While that seems like an attractive idea at first. I am a bit super hero-ed out!

Seeing as how Disney/Marvel/DC (whoever) has decided to set in works over 150 films in the next 10 years. (all of them superhero movies) I think I would Rocksteady to try their hands on something a bit different.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FelipeInside

@Lach0121 said:
@FelipeInside said:

While that seems like an attractive idea at first. I am a bit super hero-ed out!

Seeing as how Disney/Marvel/DC (whoever) has decided to set in works over 150 films in the next 10 years. (all of them superhero movies) I think I would Rocksteady to try their hands on something a bit different.

Good point... but we've never had a decent Superman game on PC (apart from Injustice which isn't just about Superman).

I would love a company to tackle "The Death of Superman" Comic as the basis for the game. So when you start you have all the super powers and you fight against Doomsday (and die).

Then you resurrect as 5 different Supermans... and the game consists of you using each one throughout the story, each with different powers.

At the end they all combine and you become Superman again.

Something like that....

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

@Lach0121 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Except Timer Warner owns Rocksteady Studios (and Warner Brothers). So if WB/Time Warner wants Rocksteady to do a Superman game or some superhero game, looks like Rocksteady can't quite say no to that.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Just waiting for my pre-load to finish and for the come to release. I have no doubt the game will be great.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lach0121

@XIntoTheBlue said:
@Lach0121 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Except Timer Warner owns Rocksteady Studios (and Warner Brothers). So if WB/Time Warner wants Rocksteady to do a Superman game or some superhero game, looks like Rocksteady can't quite say no to that.

I didn't know that actually, But my opinion still stands.

Super hero has been done to death. Its fun every now and then, but when thats all you have really gotten from mainstream media the past few years, it wears thin. So at this point hopefully since Rocksteady are super hero slaves (lol) and don't have much choice if told to... Hopefully other devs will have some original ideas, or at least something that doesn't focus on the very thing that Hollywood is gonna be shoveling right at us for the next decade.

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XIntoTheBlue
@Lach0121 said:
@XIntoTheBlue said:
@Lach0121 said:
@FelipeInside said:

I didn't know that actually, But my opinion still stands.

Super hero has been done to death. Its fun every now and then, but when thats all you have really gotten from mainstream media the past few years, it wears thin. So at this point hopefully since Rocksteady are super hero slaves (lol) and don't have much choice if told to... Hopefully other devs will have some original ideas, or at least something that doesn't focus on the very thing that Hollywood is gonna be shoveling right at us for the next decade.

Yeah, wasn't knocking your opinion on superhero stuff. All Rocksteady can do is voice their desire to want to do something different. Sadly, I doubt Time Warner gives a flying flip of what's "overdone" so long as there's money to be made.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lach0121

@XIntoTheBlue said:

Yeah, wasn't knocking your opinion on superhero stuff. All Rocksteady can do is voice their desire to want to do something different. Sadly, I doubt Time Warner gives a flying flip of what's "overdone" so long as there's money to be made.

No worries. I didn't take it that way at all. :)

As far as a corporation caring about whats 'overdone' or 'obsolete' when there is money to be made... that is in the single digit percentile. The Earth sadly sings as one... "Nothing but endless echoes of praises to the almighty profit deity."

EDIT: I just wanted to state that I am really looking forward to this game, I even pre-ordered it, will pre-load it tonight as I sleep. I am off work tomorrow, so we all know what I will be doing most of the day. I didn't want my previous posts to come off as me disliking the franchise, as I found the first two Batman Arkham games some of the best super hero games I have ever played.

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XIntoTheBlue

@Lach0121 said:
@XIntoTheBlue said:

As far as a corporation caring about whats 'overdone' or 'obsolete' when there is money to be made... that is in the single digit percentile. The Earth sadly sings as one... "Nothing but endless echoes of praises to the almighty profit deity."

EDIT: I just wanted to state that I am really looking forward to this game, I even pre-ordered it, will pre-load it tonight as I sleep. I am off work tomorrow, so we all know what I will be doing most of the day. I didn't want my previous posts to come off as me disliking the franchise, as I found the first two Batman Arkham games some of the best super hero games I have ever played.

Yeah, I look forward to this last edition in the Batman series myself. Got it as a freebie when I bought a 980 Ti. Well, at least Warner Brothers isn't making Rocksteady pump out Batman after Batman like a certain Assassin's Creed franchise.

Yikes. Also just noticed the game's season pass is $40. I have to say I don't like that price point at all. That's enough for a fully fledged game.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Some of KVO's biggest complaints were shoe-horned driving sections. It wouldn't be the first time a decent game was marred by the inclusion of a poorly executed driving mechanic.

Still, I think it'll be good. Arkham Origins wasn't perfect and I had my share of complaints about it, but those complaints were relative to the other, better Arkham games. It was still a strong game on its own.

-Byshop

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

@XIntoTheBlue said:
@Lach0121 said:
@XIntoTheBlue said:

Yeah, I look forward to this last edition in the Batman series myself. Got it as a freebie when I bought a 980 Ti. Well, at least Warner Brothers isn't making Rocksteady pump out Batman after Batman like a certain Assassin's Creed franchise.

Yikes. Also just noticed the game's season pass is $40. I have to say I don't like that price point at all. That's enough for a fully fledged game.

To be fair though each AssCreed game is set in a completely different place.

All the Batman games look nearly identical since they are all set in basically the same location.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@FelipeInside: Agreed . not that much hyped i liked the characters more than the game ..

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

I'm hearing that it is locked to 30fps? How come this rubbish was never posted on any reviews? Very important detail that should never be left out of reviews. There are a ton of negative reviews from players on Steam. Still hasn't unlocked for me since I'm in Australia, but now kind of worried. I didn't buy a 980ti to play games at 30fps, wtf is wrong with this industry?

This will be the very last time I ever preorder any games.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@digitm64 said:

I'm hearing that it is locked to 30fps? How come this rubbish was never posted on any reviews? Very important detail that should never be left out of reviews. There are a ton of negative reviews from players on Steam. Still hasn't unlocked for me since I'm in Australia, but now kind of worried. I didn't buy a 980ti to play games at 30fps, wtf is wrong with this industry?

This might help: http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3ars6r/arkham_knight_locked_to_30fps/

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 digitm64

@FelipeInside said:
@digitm64 said:

This might help: http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3ars6r/arkham_knight_locked_to_30fps/

Thanks. Very disappointing. I just want to fishslap Rocksteady. What's the point of NVidia bundling this game with their higher performance cards if the game is locked at 30fps. Maybe the Day One patch will fix this, since that hasn't come out yet.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lach0121

@digitm64: It better fix it, or I will whine AND complain. lol (poking a little fun at myself there). No, but seriously I expected (maybe not stellar) but pretty good performance.

The patch, plus drivers for the game should definitely help with performance, and hopefully they will remove that damn 30fps lock. If not I will be a sad gamer indeed.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

@Lach0121 said:

@digitm64: It better fix it, or I will whine AND complain. lol. No, but seriously I expected (maybe not stellar) but pretty good performance.

The patch, plus drivers for the game should definitely help with performance, and hopefully they will remove that damn 30fps lock.

Relax guys... I'm sure there will be a way around the lock either officially or through mods/configurations.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lach0121

@FelipeInside: I hope so, and I think the patch will be the thing that will bring it. I was just mainly poking fun at myself in the last post.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

All I've heard is that this is one of the worst ports of the past decade. Good thing I only paid $33 on Kinguin for a premium edition Steam key.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

@saintsatan said:

All I've heard is that this is one of the worst ports of the past decade. Good thing I only paid $33 on Kinguin for a premium edition Steam key.

How? is the game even out?

I also have a hard time believing that when the two other games were optimized pretty well.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@saintsatan said:

I also have a hard time believing that when the two other games were optimized pretty well.

It's been out in the UK for a few hours, and a lot of people are saying the performance is terrible.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@saintsatan said:

It's out in Euroland and 90% of people are saying it's horrid. 780ti SLI can't even run the game at 15 FPS with medium settings. 30FPS capped. No basic settings like mouse sensitivity. Everyone saying it's one of the worst mainstream ports ever.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KHAndAnime

@harry_james_pot said:

It's been out in the UK for a few hours, and a lot of people are saying the performance is terrible.

A poor port would be surprisingly considering Rocksteady's previous Batman games were fine on PC. I think we might have to wait for the day 1 patch if it hasn't been already released before we can make any harsh judgments.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

@saintsatan said:
@FelipeInside said:
@saintsatan said:

It's out in Euroland and 90% of people are saying it's horrid. 780ti SLI can't even run the game at 15 FPS with medium settings. 30FPS capped. No basic settings like mouse sensitivity. Everyone saying it's one of the worst mainstream ports ever.

Oh noes. All their other games have run perfectly.

Well, let's wait for the inevitable patch then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@saintsatan said:

Huh? Arkham City's DX11 was practically broken on launch, the devs actually released a statement telling people not to use it. Hardly what I would call optimised pretty well.

Arkham Knight is a pretty mediocre port. It is locked to 30fps by default, though you can change that in the INI. When the framerate is unlocked, it performs pretty well when playing as batman, but it stutters and has fps drops constantly when driving the batmobile around.

My PC isn't a slouch, i5 4690k @ 4.5ghz, GTX 980 @ 1450mhz, 16gb ram. A well-optimized game shouldn't be stuttering and dropping into the 30s when driving around with a pc like that.

The game doesn't even look very good considering how badly it performs when driving around. They even removed Ambient occlusion, something that has been in all the previous arkham games, even Asylum. Dunno, why they would do that, its pretty much standard for games nowaday to have some sort of AO. Can't even force it through nvidia's control panel

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KHAndAnime

@ferret-gamer said:

Huh? Arkham City's DX11 was practically broken on launch, the devs actually released a statement telling people not to use it. Hardly what I would call optimised pretty well.

Arkham Knight is a pretty mediocre port. It is locked to 30fps by default, though you can change that in the INI. When the framerate is unlocked, it performs pretty well when playing as batman, but it stutters and has fps drops constantly when driving the batmobile around.

My PC isn't a slouch, i5 4690k @ 4.5ghz, GTX 980 @ 1450mhz, 16gb ram. A well-optimized game shouldn't be stuttering and dropping into the 30s when driving around with a pc like that.

The game doesn't even look very good considering how badly it performs when driving around. They even removed Ambient occlusion, something that has been in all the previous arkham games, even Asylum. Dunno, why they would do that, its pretty much standard for games nowaday to have some sort of AO. Can't even force it through nvidia's control panel

It was broken at launch but fixed shortly after. I played through the entirety of Arkham City when it came out, in DX11, so it wasn't unplayable for everyone. This game probably just needs some launch fixes, which may or may not be underway.

I've been hearing a lot of things about how disappointing the graphics are, as well as removed graphical features. I just hope a lot of this stuff is fixed by the time I play it (Thursday, maybe). A 30 FPS lock is insane, I'm not sure what they were thinking with that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:
@ferret-gamer said:

It was broken at launch but fixed shortly after. I played through the entirety of Arkham City when it came out, in DX11, so it wasn't unplayable for everyone. This game probably just needs some launch fixes, which may or may not be underway.

I've been hearing a lot of things about how disappointing the graphics are, as well as removed graphical features. I just hope a lot of this stuff is fixed by the time I play it (Thursday, maybe). A 30 FPS lock is insane, I'm not sure what they were thinking with that.

This is so weird. Might wait then until a few patches come out before purchasing.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

WHY ARE YOU GUYS PREORDERING???

Don't you remember Arkham City? Rocksteady messed that one up too. Took them over a year to address it. Stop giving devs your money before you know the game at least runs properly!!

I really wanted this but obviously was waiting for reviews now it's no sale. Devs will keep publishing garbage ports on PC if you keep buying them.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I get a lot of stuttering, can't change the fov (even with my keybinds that worked for the previous games), bad framerate in general, and the game seems really easy on hard so far.

Not looking good...

I got the game free with my 970, so it's not the end of the world. I was really hyped for the game though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FelipeInside

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Don't you remember Arkham City? Rocksteady messed that one up too. Took them over a year to address it. Stop giving devs your money before you know the game at least runs properly!!

I really wanted this but obviously was waiting for reviews now it's no sale. Devs will keep publishing garbage ports on PC if you keep buying them.

Was it really that bad?

I had no issues with Arkham City after the first patch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Arkham knight came free with a bunch of nvidia cards

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By digitm64

Rocksteady need to post on the Steam forums, explaining things. Indie devs do it all the time. This would possibly help tempers on the Steam forums. The review score there is saying "mostly negative".

By hiding they are just making it worse for themselves.

I have gone and canceled my Just Cause 3 and Fallout4 preorders. I cannot trust any developer anymore. I just have to stop caring about preorder bonuses.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@digitm64 said:

Rocksteady need to post on the Steam forums, explaining things. Indie devs do it all the time. This would possibly help tempers on the Steam forums. The review score there is saying "mostly negative".

I have gone and canceled my Just Cause 3 and Fallout4 preorders. I cannot trust any developer anymore. I just have to stop caring about preorder bonuses.

They have their own forums to that, but they let their community team to handle it. Plus, its rare that a dev would post on the forum to begin with. I'm sure of it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside

@digitm64 said:

Or..... you can still pre-order, get the bonuses, and then wait for a bit of feedback before playing the game.

Most of these launch issues are fixed with an immediate patch.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 digitm64

@TheShadowLord07 said:
@digitm64 said:

They have their own forums to that, but they let their community team to handle it. Plus, its rare that a dev would post on the forum to begin with. I'm sure of it.

It's rare which it shouldn't be. Would it be hard to post a statement saying there are currently issues but they are working on fixing it. It would be like if I sold you a item and you came back into the shop to get it resolved, and I decide to hide under the table instead of acknowledging you.
Currently redownloading the entire game, all I did was modify some ini files to remove motion blur and my game dissapeared. :(

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

Or..... you can still pre-order, get the bonuses, and then wait for a bit of feedback before playing the game.

Most of these launch issues are fixed with an immediate patch.

Agreed, I honestly think it's fair to give them a week to issue out a patch to fix the biggest issues, but is much nicer if they delivered within a few days. I remember playing BF4 on PS4 at launch and half the game modes with inaccessible to me in online for weeks. Eventually time passed and it was fixed (some issues took awhile). I got over it. I'm sure it won't take them long to fix the stuttering crap.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

look at steam comments all negative . I m happy about this .. game that support game works and bad port .... hahaha

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

@digitm64 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@digitm64 said:

Thanks. Very disappointing. I just want to fishslap Rocksteady. What's the point of NVidia bundling this game with their higher performance cards if the game is locked at 30fps. Maybe the Day One patch will fix this, since that hasn't come out yet.

The bigger question for me is what's the point of Nvidia advertising the game at 60fps in their Gameworks preview videos if the actual game doesn't run at that framerate?

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Well it probably shouldn't come as a surprise but the game tanks my 650 Ti Boost ^^; Stays around 30 and dips down to 25 with everything on Low.

Probably time I upgraded to at least a 700 series card.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Game is rubbish on the PC, even after the 3.4 GB patch. I mean it's literally unplayable it stutters so terribly. And by stuttering, I mean 4-5 seconds of freezing between 2-3 seconds of single digit framerate gameplay. I'm not exaggerating.

I loved what I played when it was running decently at some parts, though the UI differences really take some time to get accustomed to. The Batmobile is freaking awesome. I guess I'm one of the minority that love it (even the combat), the melee's improved, and it was definitely Rocksteady Batman bliss, but I'm getting a refund and picking up the PS4 version tomorrow. It's honestly one of the worst PC releases I've ever seen. Makes the Witcher 3 look like a dream come true technically speaking, and I thought THAT was awful.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Its bad... The quality of the port may be the worst we have had in a long time. Notice the GPU utilization... *cringe*

Loading Video...

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lach0121

Man, I have it pre-loaded but am afraid to launch it.

This is why games need to be pushed back, and not adhere to a release date when they aren't ready. {but you know Profeity dictates} All I see are negative comments on it. I am glad I got the premium edition for only $53. Devs are slowly removing the pre-order option themselves with each unfinished release.

More patches and drivers hopefully will fix this, otherwise Rocksteady has destroyed their image with PC gamers.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@ferret-gamer said:

Good point, ferret-gamer. It was like a month before they worked out most of the issues with DX11 on PC.

I started playing last night. I hadn't heard about the 30 FPS lock but I did almost immediately notice no-vsync option.

As for perf, the game plays OK on both my laptop (GTX765) and my desktop (dual 980s) but I do notice stutters which seem to be a specific technical issue. The stutters don't affect gameplay that much but they do get annoying while driving.

Overall, though, I'm loving the game. Gotham looks great, the side quests seem like they are going to be deeper than previous games and it doesn't just automatically give you a marker to tell you where to go next. You actually have to do some searching, which is always nice.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm hoping none of you actually bought this game for the PC. After the abysmal reviews it has been getting on Steam.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lach0121

I may have some news for everyone.

I came across a discussion on Steam about the performance of this game, they stated that most of the people that experience the issues are ones who pre-loaded the game. So I went ahead, and verified my game's cache' through Steam. It said something around 4### files (maybe even close to 5000) failed to validate, and it seems to be re-downloading/installing most of the game, if not the entire thing.

I pre-loaded it last night. But even those that didn't Pre-load it, it wouldn't hurt to validate your game's cache anyway.