Your Official Batman: Arkham Knight Hype Thread (tm)?

• 97 results
GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

aaaaaaand this is why i own consoles and a PC.

some games are clearly better on PC....and some games are clearly better on console. the PC version of this game may look a little nicer, but NANANANANANA IM PLAYING WITH NO ISSUES ON MY PS4.

people really need to get over the PC vs Console BS. play games. enjoy games. it doesnt matter how.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#52 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

@goodkingmog said:

some games are clearly better on PC....and some games are clearly better on console. the PC version of this game may look a little nicer, but NANANANANANA IM PLAYING WITH NO ISSUES ON MY PS4.

people really need to get over the PC vs Console BS. play games. enjoy games. it doesnt matter how.

While I agree with your sentiment. We own 2 gaming rigs, and 2 xbox ones. But I wanted to play this game on PC, as the past 2 Rocksteady Batman games were better on PC...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#53 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Does this game run on a modified UE3 or on UE4? If its UE3 there is no excuse for this kind of crap.

I pre-ordered the game cheap on GMG, downloading now but people with similar PCs are experiencing issues so I fully expect to be in the same boat.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Nvidia: The Way it's meant to be refunded

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Atm, I am glad this game came free with my card and I didn't spend extra on it.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PcGamingRig

I just opened Steam for the first time today. The game is gone, I have to re-download the whole thing....

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#57  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

Well it finished installing, (a second time) and when I went to validate game cache' it still said 45## files were not validated and begin re-installing the game... In its entirety again!

I will just install Max Payne 3, play it, and worry about Batman once I beat Max Payne 3. FFS push back the release date to finish a damn product!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

The only games I have preordered since the days of the GCN have been Mario Kart 8 and Arkham Knight thanks to the financial benefits of doing so. MK8 had a $10.00 Visa gift card and with B.B. I get a $10.00 certificate (along with the 20% off). Reviews and opinion aside this was a day one purchase and the only thing which would have stopped me would have been a disaster of biblical or Cold War proportions. To top it off, I received some code for gadgets along with the Harley Quinn bonus which was a nice surprise. Besides these two games in the past year, the last game I preordered was The Windwaker for the GCN way back when because the bonus was too satisfying to pass up.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@airshocker said:

I'm hoping none of you actually bought this game for the PC. After the abysmal reviews it has been getting on Steam.

I was going to but like always, I tend to wait for player feedback first.

I'll buy this game for sure (love this series), but might wait a bit till a few patches are out.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FelipeInside
@goodkingmog said:

Or like me I'm just patient... wait till they fix the few issues on the PC version, and then play the better looking and better performing game :)

(I own a PS4 btw)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Console versions have ambient occlusion, the PC version doesn't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcV6LWVDaw

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@FelipeInside said:
@Lach0121 said:

@digitm64: It better fix it, or I will whine AND complain. lol. No, but seriously I expected (maybe not stellar) but pretty good performance.

The patch, plus drivers for the game should definitely help with performance, and hopefully they will remove that damn 30fps lock.

Relax guys... I'm sure there will be a way around the lock either officially or through mods/configurations.

It has already been solved. It's even in the Reddit link you posted.

Navigate to, "\BmGame\Config\BmSystemSettings.ini”. In the config file, search for "Max_FPS=30", and change it to "Max_FPS=9999".

-Byshop

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By FelipeInside

@Byshop said:
@FelipeInside said:
@Lach0121 said:

@digitm64: It better fix it, or I will whine AND complain. lol. No, but seriously I expected (maybe not stellar) but pretty good performance.

The patch, plus drivers for the game should definitely help with performance, and hopefully they will remove that damn 30fps lock.

Relax guys... I'm sure there will be a way around the lock either officially or through mods/configurations.

It has already been solved. It's even in the Reddit link you posted.

Navigate to, "\BmGame\Config\BmSystemSettings.ini”. In the config file, search for "Max_FPS=30", and change it to "Max_FPS=9999".

-Byshop

Yeah but then you get stuttering they say.

I've also noticed that it's mostly people playing above 1080p where the problems happens.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I'll wait for GOTY like I have every batman game. So much DLC is made for them that no way an hell will |I buy it in such a buggy horrible state the first year of release.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@ferret-gamer said:

Console versions have ambient occlusion, the PC version doesn't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcV6LWVDaw

On top of this, it seems a LOT of people are experiencing textures that simply fail to load. Now we can see why there were no PC reviews pre-launch. :p

Those fucknuts are clearly too busy trying to cash in on their DLC to make their base game functioning. This sort of behavior should be punishable by death in the PC community. :p

As a PC Community, we should set a rule that if a developer tries to crank out DLC before we even know the base game works, we should join together and give nothing but negative feedback because it always ends up in PC gamers getting taken advantage of. This is happening way too consistently, and DLC is way too often involved in the problem.

Want to know the biggest slap in the face? NVIDIA released a Gameworks video for this game, just a couple weeks ago, showing the game at 60 FPS and featuring effects completely missing from the PC version (like ambient occlusion and rain shaders). Bait and switch anyone?

Loading Video...

And what we really ended up getting....

(Despite the Youtube compression, you can see the lack of ambient occlusion resulting in flat lighting on the PC version, as well as missing shaders).

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

I've also noticed that it's mostly people playing above 1080p where the problems happens.

Not true, I cant get this stupid port of a game to run above 25FPS no matter what I do.

Playing on low 1080p (windowed as I have a 1200p monitor) and it dips to 15FPS when gliding.

Thats with a GTX970 (stock and OC'ed, tried everything), 3570k at 4.8Ghz and stock.

This is almost as bad as GTA 4 when it released.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Not true, I cant get this stupid port of a game to run above 25FPS no matter what I do.

Playing on low 1080p (windowed as I have a 1200p monitor) and it dips to 15FPS when gliding.

Thats with a GTX970 (stock and OC'ed, tried everything), 3570k at 4.8Ghz and stock.

Damn, that goes that theory.

Hopefully they fix soon.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Missing Ambient Occlusion, missing rain effects, a graphics options menu that looks like a joke. Something is horribly wrong here..
Why is the pc version 37GB, yet the PS4 is around 50? Are we missing the ultra quality assets and textures? Did we somehow receive an old build? This is crazy...

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

OH

MY

GOD

LOL

Instead of fixing the fucking game they just increased the recommended PC requirements rofl. Christ this is quite possibly the worst AAA release ever.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FelipeInside

@harry_james_pot said:

Missing Ambient Occlusion, missing rain effects, a graphics options menu that looks like a joke. Something is horribly wrong here..

Why is the pc version 37GB, yet the PS4 is around 50? Are we missing the ultra quality assets and textures? Did we somehow receive an old build? This is crazy...

Did they not give the outsourced company all the assets?

@saintsatan said:

OH

MY

GOD

LOL

Instead of fixing the fucking game they just increased the recommended PC requirements rofl. Christ this is quite possibly the worst AAA release ever.

What?

lol.... could this really topple GTA4 off the top of the "Worst PC Ports of All Time" list?

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts

welp, back to tetris.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SaintSatan

@FelipeInside: That's right. They increased the recommended requirements since so many people were having trouble running it. Game is fixed now lol. This blows away GTA4 by a long shot. Batman is far far worse.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FelipeInside

@saintsatan said:

@FelipeInside: That's right. They increased the recommended requirements since so many people were having trouble running it. Game is fixed now lol. This blows away GTA4 by a long shot. Batman is far far worse.

Well.... GTA4 was unplayable for many at launch. Batman has lots of issues but is still playable at least???

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@harry_james_pot said:

Did they not give the outsourced company all the assets?

I have no idea. None of this makes any sense.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

This game was part of the determining factor for my to upgrade to an Nvidia 970. I have a PS4 already. I upgraded to play PhysX and have better graphics on this batman. WOW, un believable.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FelipeInside

RESPONSE from Rocksteady: http://games.on.net/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-dev-acknowledge-pc-issues/

BUT: http://i.imgur.com/ObF1VKl.png lol, this made me laugh but got me cranky at the same time. Warner/Rocksteady has some serious PR fixing to do...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#78  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17894 Posts

This is fucking ridiculous. I have an unopened retail copy that I am most likely going to return after hearing all the BS. They fucked up big time. They should have delayed the PC version and sorted out their development issues. This is a total lack of respect and spitting in the faces of customers. This is unacceptable. We are being treated worse than the console peasants. We should have the best version and we get a joke of a release. Absolute disgrace. Anybody involved in releasing this garbage should hang their heads in shame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-579f651eab962

These guys did the port. Iron Galaxy studios.

Interestingly they also did Arkham Origins

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Took Steam 6 hours to refund, if anyone was curious about their refunds.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

@Byshop:Not sure if it got addressed with a patch, but V Sync very much exists.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Wow, they really fucked this game up. I'm so glad I didn't get it on GMG when it was 40% off. I'm sure my rig could probably run it, but it's the principle of not supporting developers who don't respect PC gamers enough to give us a working title.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-579f651eab962

Greenmangaming are offering refunds

Good lads!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Byshop  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Damn, that goes that theory.

Hopefully they fix soon.

My framerate is good in spite of the stuttering, which seems to be a separate issue not directly related to perf. It's almost like brief pauses caused by HD loading. I'm going to run the game with some perfmon counters tonight to see if I can figure out where the culprit is. Other than that, I get around 60FPS in a lot of areas and outdoors with my single 980 (I have two but I have SLI disabled).

-Byshop

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#85 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Greenmangaming are offering refunds

Good lads!

well, if the first patch doesn't make it playable, they will offer refunds. I'm not sure how this will work though, will they have to go through steam to deactivate the game on peoples accounts? or just let people keep the game?

I'm glad they are making an effort though. I bought this on GMG but haven't tried the game yet since I have terrible download speeds and wasn't willing to let my noisy computer run overnight to DL it given that it likely wont be playable anyways.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Byshop  Moderator

My results at 1080p in SLI with all settings maxed:

Min: 29

Max: 74

Average: 48

Indoor part averaged about 39fps, outdoors was closer to 60, resulting in the overall average of 48.

I'd say it's worth holding out for patches. City and up were all rough at launch day but for how awesome these games usually are in my opinion that's no reason to rush for a refund.

-Byshop

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

Don't have the game but from what i'm reading;

The statements being offered for this debacle don't add up, they say they are working with nvidia to resolve issues and update drivers, the game uses gameworks which is an nvidia tech, so what were they doing all that time during development? the pc devs and nvidia engineers should have been working/consulting on solving issues current and potential during production.

As for working with amd, that is a joke, amd has been sounding the alarm to devs, gaming press etc about how nvidia was going about the gameworks program and the problems that would arise, which nvidia denied, so now after a spectacular flop, amd must come in and help the devs solve issues related to amd drivers?

I have no doubt that this will be resolved, but the whole episode was avoidable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-579f651eab962

@Byshop said:

Indoor part averaged about 39fps, outdoors was closer to 60, resulting in the overall average of 48.

I'd say it's worth holding out for patches. City and up were all rough at launch day but for how awesome these games usually are in my opinion that's no reason to rush for a refund.

-Byshop

What about the lack of the rain effects and ambient occulsion?

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

This port is just terrible. Glad I got a refund. WB/Rocksteady/Iron Galaxy suck worse than Ubisoft.

I might buy it again if they

1. Improve the performance significantly, including SLI optimisation

2. Include the missing graphical effects that the PS4 version has. (AO, water shaders, high res textures and some assets that are missing from PC)

3. Apologize for their massive fuckup

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Byshop  Moderator

@klunt_bumskrint said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

What about the lack of the rain effects and ambient occulsion?

That's annoying, for sure, but if there are features that are missing from launch that doesn't mean they won't be corrected with patches. DX11 was completely broken at launch in City but it got better over time.

Update: I'm running 352.86 currently and this is what I got:

1080P and 1440p max settings. Not great but not unplayable, especially at 1080p.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Byshop  Moderator

Updated to 353.30 and got some interesting results. The stuttering is almost gone and the rates have avereaged out to almost be exactly the same between 1440p and 1080p but the range between max and min has narrowed. Overall, still pretty playable in both resolutions.

1080p and 1440p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-579f651eab962

I just won an Arkham Knight code thanks to Gregster Reviews on YouTube!

I'll report back with how the TX's cope

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@saintsatan said:

Well.... GTA4 was unplayable for many at launch. Batman has lots of issues but is still playable at least???

Seems like it is hit or miss for folks. I can say on my machine (I have a i7 3770K, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 980Ti), the game runs consistently at 60 fps or better at max settings without much issue at 1080p. The worst I get is the game amusingly crashes whenever I try to quit the game.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By SaintSatan

@XIntoTheBlue said:
@FelipeInside said:
@saintsatan said:

Seems like it is hit or miss for folks. I can say on my machine (I have a i7 3770K, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 980Ti), the game runs consistently at 60 fps or better at max settings without much issue at 1080p. The worst I get is the game amusingly crashes whenever I try to quit the game.

Performance isn't the only issue. It's missing basic features like changing mouse sensitivity, it's missing textures and effects from the console versions, ect.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By PcGamingRig

I get around an average of 40-50 on my GTX 970, 16GB DDR3 and i7 3770k at 1080p. It differs sometimes, even when I play the benchmark on the same settings though.

Slowest parts are close to smoke on the indoor sections of the benchmark. I like the look of the smoke though, especially when the batmobile spins around.

The rain textures on Batman are missing.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By PcGamingRig

One thing I have noticed is I do not get slowdowns on the driving sections while playing even with destruction occurring, but I do on the benchmark. Must be the different camera angles. Others have also reported the driving sections to be the worse parts as well. I did get a tiny bit of slowdown when I jumped out of the batmobile and smoke from the tyres was still present, however.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#97  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17894 Posts

OK, so I gave in and installed the game just to see how bad the performance was. Since SLI is not working properly, I dedicated one of my 970s to PhysX. I got 57 fps average in the benchmark at 1440p (max settings with AA disabled). The game actually plays pretty smooth when not in the car. When driving or grappling/flying, there are some definite slowdowns and hitching due to the streaming issues. I also noticed the low-res textures and LOD issue others reported. I noticed in moments of slowdown, I wasn't even getting full usage on the GPU or CPU. So, it is not a bottleneck. The game is just horribly optimized. I locked the fps to 30 and It was a consistent frame-rate, but it felt terrible. I can't play that shit at 30 fps.

I am going to wait for the patch. I hope they also include options to turn off the chromatic aberration and other filters that bring down the graphics. I am still loving TW3, so I am in no hurry to play through this game. They should have just delayed the PC version.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 FelipeInside