Who is excited about Half-Life 2: Episode Three? Raise your hand!

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
I'm excited, but I just hope this episode is 8-10hrs long instead of 5. I found that with the first 2 episodes, that whenever I was just getting into it and starting to enjoy it, they'd finish. Also I don't want the first hour wasted in the third episode by having to crawl through tunnels and fighting insects. I want open levels, the portal gun, a section where you ride on top of dog with a cannon, polar bears and seals (since it'll be in the snow), a really long game, Crysis level graphics (I know I'm dreaming) and an ending to the story, so that Half life 3 is something new and completely fresh, with a new character that speaks!
WARxSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 WARxSnake
Member since 2006 • 2154 Posts

*raises entire body*

who cant be excited for ep3?!

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#53 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

*Excellent* The support is growing!

Though I wouldn't count on too many seals...

Primus9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Primus9999
Member since 2007 • 390 Posts

Four hands up

can't wait on how they'll end it in 3(if they do end it)

GiveMeIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 GiveMeIce
Member since 2007 • 496 Posts
I'm gonna get it but im not waiting impatiently for it. I never really liked HL2 as much as I did HL1.
Mankyblobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Mankyblobs
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

For me the reason I look forward to Episode 3 is the storyline,as it will be the final installment in the episodic series it will probably give us a lot of the missing puzzles.I just hope Valve doesn't screw things up right at the end:roll:

PaulBoscu

I'll get it but i reckon they'll screw up the ending. Theyve got a huge story arc to end in just one 'episode'. You'll start the game arsing around doing something boring, then they'll try and tie things up in the last hour/3 levels. I wanna see the story end but I cant help but think it'll be rushed and leave a nasty taste in the mouth. Think about it, we still need to:

Find out ALOT more about the gman,

Defeat/kill the gman,

Find out who his 'employers' are and why their doing what they're doing,

...and the small matter of finishing off the combine.

Apart from the last one this is too much ground to cover in one episode, so it'll be rushed as hell. Unless ep3 is just 90% cut-scenes.

Mankyblobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Mankyblobs
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

I'm gonna get it but im not waiting impatiently for it. I never really liked HL2 as much as I did HL1.GiveMeIce

The memory of the original is what made me buy hl2, ep1 and ep2. Just wanna see the story conclude.

I'll get ep3 whatever happens within reason, and try to play all the games in order first, starting with black mesa: source, if it ever gets released.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="PaulBoscu"]

For me the reason I look forward to Episode 3 is the storyline,as it will be the final installment in the episodic series it will probably give us a lot of the missing puzzles.I just hope Valve doesn't screw things up right at the end:roll:

Mankyblobs

I'll get it but i reckon they'll screw up the ending. Theyve got a huge story arc to end in just one 'episode'. You'll start the game arsing around doing something boring, then they'll try and tie things up in the last hour/3 levels. I wanna see the story end but I cant help but think it'll be rushed and leave a nasty taste in the mouth. Think about it, we still need to:

Defeat/kill the gman,

Apart from the last one this is too much ground to cover in one episode, so it'll be rushed as hell. Unless ep3 is just 90% cut-scenes.

I think they can do it! Have faith my brother.. there are not cut scenes in half life btw mwahahah. :D

Dib9394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 Dib9394
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

*Raises hand very high*

I really can't wait for EP3

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

EP 1/2 were awesome. the first one was extremely short and left me hungry for more... but the second one was satisfying & really outstanding. i don't wanna sound funny.. but episodes 2's end almost made me cry. i didn't want the game to end.. but it actually ended.. within 5-6 hours :( idk how valve does that...but their engine is still looking so much impressive... with superb facial animations and a great story. I just hope the third episode has some really long gameplay... like 10-12+ hours. Also add some cool new weapons.. 1 strong assualt rifle too :p

I just Can't wait for EP 3!!

sand-which

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 sand-which
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts

I Raise Every thing i got :D

Damn Soooooooooo Exited!

Termite551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 Termite551
Member since 2006 • 1125 Posts
Cuts off hand and holds it with other hand, to extend reach
s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

Cuts off hand and holds it with other hand, to extend reachTermite551

rofl :lol:

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
[QUOTE="PaulBoscu"]

Mankyblobs

Defeat/kill the gman,

...You're aware Episode 3 isn't "the end" of the franchise, right? Valve has said they fully intend to one day make Half-Life 3, so most or none of those things you listed have to happen in Ep. 3.

franklinBluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 franklinBluth
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts

Damn Soooooooooo Exited!

sand-which

Ooohh wow 4".

Arch-Vil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Arch-Vil
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
*raises 2 hands , 2 feet , and a *****
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 biggest_loser
Excellent...
pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts
yeah! hands raised
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 biggest_loser
Places finger of hand in nostril to balance hand up, then tilts head upwards to show hand raised as high as possible for the excitement of HL2: EP3
shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts
[QUOTE="mfsa"]

I think both episodes are very poor compared with Half Life 2, and I would be indifferent about Episode 3 except for the fact that there's a distinct possibility that the portal gun is going to be in there.

Any game with that gun is automatically awesome.

dos4gw82

*possible spoilers*

Episode 1 was definately not as good as hl2, but I was very impressed by episode 2. It improved the texture resolutions, the lighting, the AI, character expression, and the gameplay was on the same level as hl2 if not better. Fighting antlions with the vortigons was extreamly cool, and the strider battle at the end was amazing. It's the most fun I've ever had in a half life game.

Yea, ep1 was not as good as hl2 but i thought that ep2 was the best in the hl2 series. The best part was the ending to i didnt like the cavern crap.

O and *raises hand* its up!

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="dos4gw82"][QUOTE="mfsa"]

I think both episodes are very poor compared with Half Life 2, and I would be indifferent about Episode 3 except for the fact that there's a distinct possibility that the portal gun is going to be in there.

Any game with that gun is automatically awesome.

shaneras

*possible spoilers*

Episode 1 was definately not as good as hl2, but I was very impressed by episode 2. It improved the texture resolutions, the lighting, the AI, character expression, and the gameplay was on the same level as hl2 if not better. Fighting antlions with the vortigons was extreamly cool, and the strider battle at the end was amazing. It's the most fun I've ever had in a half life game.

Yea, ep1 was not as good as hl2 but i thought that ep2 was the best in the hl2 series. The best part was the ending to i didnt like the cavern crap.

O and *raises hand* its up!

I dont know why the caverns got such a bad rap. I thought it was soo claustrophobic and scary in a way. Also it is a clever contrast to the end of the game with the forest. Think of it that way..

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts
[QUOTE="sand-which"]

Damn Soooooooooo Exited!

franklinBluth

Ooohh wow 4".

:lol:

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Episode 3, although I'm afraid it might end on a cliffhanger. I have faith in Valve, so it should be a pretty epic game when all is said and done.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 biggest_loser
Who thinks Alyx will die in this one!!
blue_sparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 blue_sparks
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts

I'd like to respond to a couple of things I've seen in this thread:

1) Just to let you guys know, the irony of Ep2 is that Eli Vance, who spent the last few levels of the game saying "we have alot to talk about" and promising some major explanations, gets killed. Thus, Gordon will have to figure stuff out on his own, which will no doubt take alot longer. Also, seeing as how Valve adds extra complications with every installment, for each quesiton answered a new one appears. I therefore see little chance for finally getting some explanations in the storyline.

2) The episodes did not suck. Yes, they were too short. Yes, they recycled alot of scenarios from the original game. Yes, the caverns in ep2 sucked. Yes, there was less variety than the original. Yes, they didn't do much to improve the graphics and AI of the original. However, they were excellent games in their own right, and featured alot of distinct atmospheres and situations. Their gameplay greatly tightened the Half-Life 2 formula, with excellent atmosphere, witty dialogue, great action and sequences, and great puzzles. Seriously, the physics puzzles do NOT suck. They are inventive and have great difficulty levels, and are a whole lot better than xen jumping "puzzles."

Anyway, my hand is definitely raised for ep3, and I hope Half-Life 3 is not far behind (although that's really a dumb thing to say, knowing Valve).