WHO hate BUNNYHOPPING?

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zulu72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zulu72
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
For those of you who dont know what I mean, when you are shooting somone and all they do is start hopping around so that they can get a little added advantage in time so that they can try to get away or shoot you instead.

Now I know that people do it all the time, and that it most likely isnt really a big deal, but I consider it an exploit which falls in my book as cheating or glitching. If a soldier was to do that in real combat he still would be dead, however its just an unfair advantage to people who do it.

YES i know that BF2 is not real life,
Yes I know that its just a game
YES i still think its cheating.

Just answer the question.
DarthMaul135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DarthMaul135
Member since 2004 • 1076 Posts
I hate it. and I can honselty say I never do it. Some servers have it where if you bunny hop the mod/admin can kick you, usually says it when you join the server.
Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Odissius
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts
Yep, bunnyhopping is for girlies.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32922 Posts
In a game lke BF2 there should be restrictions on bunny hopping.
Medic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Medic
Member since 2003 • 6265 Posts
It's part of the game sometimes, something you just have to deal with.  They took it out of Counter-Strike after version 1.3 I think.
gtochld11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gtochld11
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
This is why I like CoD 2. You only get one powerful jump before you have to wait for like 5 seconds, then after that you jump like 3 inches high, so if someone keeps tapping the jump button they are wasting their time. 
Avatar image for 208768960238764049348678020671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 208768960238764049348678020671
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
Consequtive jumping is not a cheat.
liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 liquidzero123
Member since 2004 • 7111 Posts

Stop complaining...

If you think it's cheating then take it up with EA/DICE.

Benihana7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Benihana7
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
Yea I never really liked the bunnyhopping in BF2, but I got used to it. Just become a sniper like I did and take them out from a distance, doesn't give them the chance to bunnyhop. :twisted:
Avatar image for danielsmith2020
danielsmith2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danielsmith2020
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I do use it BUT only when i need to reload i hate people who do it all the time but that dolphin thing is worse.
battledroid978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 battledroid978
Member since 2003 • 819 Posts

Stop complaining...

If you think it's cheating then take it up with EA/DICE.

liquidzero123

We all know that EA doesn't listen.  They just care about the money.

Slannmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 Slannmage
Member since 2005 • 6975 Posts
I call it face humping
red_devil52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 red_devil52
Member since 2004 • 1367 Posts
Bunny hopping is part of the game. When the developers make it, they can choose to leave it in or take it out. It adds another element to the play, a last chance for the player to squeeze a few shots off, give them time to reload.

Anyway, if a player starts bunnyhopping, you should have taken them out before then and it's your fault that they do.
Skeptomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Skeptomania
Member since 2004 • 8104 Posts
I hate bunnyhopping in my favorite game TFC. It speeds up players beyond thier normal spped and most people that do it use a script which IS cheating. Seriously though, it takes a special type of loser to have to cheat at video games. It's sad really.
Avatar image for masterchief0292
masterchief0292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 masterchief0292
Member since 2005 • 7472 Posts
yeh peeps in halo and css bunnyhop like wussys but i guess it is a part of a game if ur bunnyhoppin and someone has an awp ur still gonna die!
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
well at least in BF2 theres stamina so u cant bunnyhop forever...........one time like i was shooting a guy up close and all he did was jump around and roll and shot me......bullcrap
Xdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xdrive
Member since 2003 • 1266 Posts
They should treat it like in PDZ for the 360, where you take more damage if hit while jumping (though in PD you roll not jump). That would probably stop it.
CarnivaleClown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CarnivaleClown
Member since 2005 • 3141 Posts
Jesus bunnyhopped. Thats how he destroyed Hitler and Mussolini in WWII. If only we had him in Vietnam :(

When someone start shooting you, just ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?" And that my friend is bunnyhopping.
Zulu72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zulu72
I knew that I would get a few of them saying that it was part of the game... I still think that it is a cheat, a glitch or whatever, I was not complaining by the way I was just asking the question.

The server that I run in BF2 is a strictly enforced no hopping server. We dont warn them we just kick them unless it was on the line between trying to make it over a fence or just jumping down the middle of the street.

Our server name has the warning in it. Bunny hopping is for noObs. Everythign else I can deal with. with exception of exsessive teamkilling.

spinoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20 spinoff
Member since 2003 • 2279 Posts
I'm primarily a UT player, so bunny-hopping is a life skill for me, and I sometimes transfer it into other games, however the advent of stamina bars and other anti-jump measures I think put enough of a cramp on the ability to balance it out pretty effectively. In games like CoD or CS, your accuracy is nixed while jumping, so the only way you're usually getting killed by a jumper is if they're right in your face or score a lucky shot. My favorite move in BF2, however, is the jump followed by immediately going prone while still in the air. Gets 'em everytime. 8)
KingRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KingRad
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts
I hate it in BF2, it's ridiculous... and for some reason they're still really accurate while shooting and bunnyhopping at the same time. I just dont get it.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
I do not mind it. It is apart of FPS history.
Avatar image for BladesWillBleed
BladesWillBleed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BladesWillBleed
Member since 2005 • 599 Posts
yeah in CSS when u jump it slows you down for a good 3 seconds when you land 
silvya1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silvya1980
Member since 2004 • 540 Posts
Once you get the hang of it, you'll find you can easily headshot-snipe bunnyhoppers from quite afar. Which they'll hate.
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts
The only time I might hop (in CoD MP) when shooting at someone is if I'm strafing and know there's an object in my way that I'll need to jump - or get stuck trading bullets toe-to-toe.  Or if I find myself in a sticky situation, and have to pull out a panzerfaust to use up close - jumping back as you fire could keep you alive.  Other than that, I view it as pointless.
jammin_kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 jammin_kirby
Member since 2003 • 687 Posts
Yeah it's really annoying. And when they do that and go prone in the air. I never do it. I probly would but I always forget when i get shot at. I manage fine without it.

Cucomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cucomber
Member since 2005 • 342 Posts

its part of the game world..

its the only way to feel in control of the character other than moving on the ground. its a chance to feel in control in the air..

in halo you couldnt bunny jump. the gravity in halo was so low that people would make one huge jump and then shoot dual wielding SMGs like in a john woo flick.

i bunny jump. it makes me feel in control.. people who complain about it just sucks. the fact is that bunny jumping makes it harder for him/her to hit their target aswell. it evens out.

you could also say that going prone, kneeling or reloading was cheating aswell.

this is all tactics and part of the games.

OMGS its teh cheating to go for cover!!!!11 i cant hit u n00b d00d hax0rz.

its the same people who complain about camping and rushing.

ITs a game... ACCEPT THE RULES or go away. whiners.

ImageKnockOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ImageKnockOut
I do it, it takes skill. I love it, not hate it. Don't hate the good ones! :) IMAGEKNOCKOUT.COM http://imageknockout.com
metalXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 metalXIII
Member since 2005 • 2446 Posts

BF2 isn't real like you said, I also hate bunny hopping too. I think BF2 can still be real in away also. So by taking out bunny hopping it would add to the fun of the game and realism.

BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BloodMist
The thing about bunny hopping is that it has a context.It works in total aracade games like Quake 3, and UT2004.It does not fit in any game that has any basis on reality.BF2, as unrealistic as it is, does have some small space in reality as it is based on Gulf War combat.Therefore, it should have no bunny hopping.It is the same with CS, which is why they removed bunny hopping from it long ago.And the game is better for it in every way.BF2 would benefit just as much, if not more.
FourSwordsx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FourSwordsx4
Member since 2005 • 4657 Posts
Bunny hopping is for n00bs who can't aim.
Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Odissius

[QUOTE="ImageKnockOut"]I do it, it takes skill. I love it, not hate it. Don't hate the good ones! :) IMAGEKNOCKOUT.COM http://imageknockout.com[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're a girly boy cheater.

Bunnyhopping is for pansies.

DarthMaul135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DarthMaul135
Member since 2004 • 1076 Posts
I hate it when people bunny hope to me and then on the last mid air jump they prone and knife me.
siledorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 siledorf
Member since 2004 • 457 Posts
You people are just a bunch of whiners.  If you can't shoot someone that is jumping around it's because of your lack of skill.  Jumping doesn't increase accuracy and once they start hopping you can aim differenty.  Learn to adjust your playing methods instead of coming onto forums and complaining about it when you know darn well nothing will be done about it.
Avatar image for ctownsprintin06
ctownsprintin06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ctownsprintin06
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts
quit b*tchin....its a game...WHO hates WHINERS?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e434325a21be
deactivated-5e434325a21be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 deactivated-5e434325a21be
Member since 2004 • 10026 Posts
Oh man that guy is pressing the spacebar while im trying to shoot him .... boy that really ticks me off. Its not a big deal just jump with him ... i never do it though i never really think about it much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 481989
Member since 2005 • 680 Posts
God, I can't stand this. I have a friend who does this all the time. Needless to say, he just flunked out of highschool and he's planning on getting a G.E.D.
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts
i hate it, when people continuously do it. im guilty of it to, but i only do it when im playing with friends and i know for sure im going to die and i can just toy around with them
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts
Who cares if people bunny hop, if you can't deal with it then you suck... so stop whining
maliric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 maliric
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts
I use it all the time in FEAR. Face it, part of the point of FPS is staying alive as well and bunnyhopping helps you do that and killing while hopping isn't easy and requires skill. The alternative is that everytime you meet an enemy you stand still and shoot each other hoping the other guy goes down first. Might as well ban strafing and ducking too.
Cucomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cucomber
Member since 2005 • 342 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#42 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
Jumping should drain your stamina completely per jump. That would stop it.
Buflonob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Buflonob
Member since 2003 • 308 Posts

I'm on the side of the people AGAINST 'bunnyhopping' and 'prone while jumping' players while still being able to shoot accurately, and all the other dodgy routines some sad, obviously uncoordinated, players feel they have to do to win. 

The funniest thing I find is the 'drop and roll' manouvre in BF2 that, to the person doing it, doesn't even appear to 'roll' ??? and they can keep their target dead on? you try doing that with a gun and see how good your aim is.  Nowhere near close to life, especially with the short weapon clips in the game and the fact that bullet wounds don't effect a persons abilities even when they are 1 pixel away from death. The worse factor being the unavoidable network lagg, spikes etc, which if a person on your screen is rolling, jumping, prone etc, then you'll usually see where they were a fraction of a second ago, so how can you aim accurately? if they are always moving in that dodgy way? if your clip doesn't run out (and hopefully theirs) or you have a lucky shot..or a shotgun etc, then chances are, they'll wait til you've unloaded, then stop and mow you down!! which is a typical 'game ruining' perspective that older online games always fell into eventually.

I think they should make the avoidance effect the player like a real person would experience, or as someone mentioned earlier, make damage more effective if they are turned away, jumping, rolling etc (I think this would even it up a bit because of body armour placements and turning side on to an enemy etc will exposed unarmoured sections etc)

basically, you go online, with any older game, and see how many people there are who know all the tricks that make the chance of someone hitting them as low as possible, not due to the persons skill, but just blatant network traffic update times!!, they even produce, predictive servers that have a better chance of working out wether you got shot or not, unfortunately sometimes this means that you think you've gotten away from someones fire rounded a corner out of their line of sight and then you die, because the server works out they should have shot you??  I see the use, but then can you see how long it can take the server to work out the result, so how can you depends on the traffice to represent a close quarters fight where one of you is hopping and rolling etc, and the other is not knowing what the other is doing until he's actually moved to the next position!! which means the person moving the most has the least chance of being hit, and as the person aim is never effected, probably equal chance of hitting the other one, who because they are moving the least have higher chance of being worked out as being hit, not due to speed but due to the 'cheating' player being able to switch physical positions at an unrealistic rate and the code working out mssed shots.

Just the other day I was in and APC and a player managed to get quite a distance just by constantly diving and standing (and probably sprinting), even though I was dead on him the whole time, I even tried leading him but he was about 10 metre away so shouldn't have been needed???  that was definately wrong..but  I did get him when he got stuck behind a bank, or something,  muahahaha!.

So all you out there who like using these dishonourable methods to falsely improve your stats, I'll see you on the battlefield - from a distance probably, and with a massive cliped weapon..hehe

C'mon EA make this game different from all the rest, make it as logically fair as you can, get rid of the unfair advantages given to sad people who live on games, and need a proper life.

food4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 food4me
Member since 2003 • 1185 Posts

If it wasn't for bunny-hoping (or any other non-realistic manuvers), BF2 would have the worst infantry of any game because it would be so boring and inconsistent.  By inconsistent i am refering to the random cones of fire that each weapon in the game has.  If you noticed, all bullets will deviate from the iron scope, even on the first shot.  This means that infantry in BF2 is based more on luck than skill, which has led to noob-tubing and c4 chucking (which are more reliable and powerful). 

Also, if you do it correctly, you can bunny hop forever because of how fast the stamina bar recharges. 

BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BloodMist

I use it all the time in FEAR. Face it, part of the point of FPS is staying alive as well and bunnyhopping helps you do that and killing while hopping isn't easy and requires skill. The alternative is that everytime you meet an enemy you stand still and shoot each other hoping the other guy goes down first. Might as well ban strafing and ducking too. maliric

Well when it comes to FEAR it actually does fit the context of that game, and is actually encouraged with the kicks you can do while jumping in the air.

ernelson1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#46 ernelson1976
Member since 2002 • 170 Posts

I don't particularly like it when people bunnyhop, but then I don't particularly like it when they shoot at me, either.  It is a tactic, that's all.  There are all kinds of exploits in multiplayer games (and in single-player games).  Remember rocket-jumping?  This is nothing new.  And as the game physics become more and more complicated, the number of exploits will likely increase.

In BF2 it doesn't really fit the game world, I'll admit.  But that's the way it is.  You just have to deal with it.  IMHO, bunnyhoppers are usually pretty easy to take out, if you're in a relatively safe location, and are a bit patient.  Their jump height can be anticipated, and then...*bang*...give them a nice shot to the head.  Once you're used to it, it's easy to take them out.

And if everyone knows how to take out the bunnyhoppers, eventually people will realize the tactic doesn't work and move on to something else.

Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Odissius
Bunnyhopping, dolphin diving, noob tubes with perfect accuracy, pathetic hit registration, and pea shooting, inaccurate, pieces of trash weapons completely ruin Battlefield 2. Oh and along with the fact that BF2: Special Forces is an unoptimized hunk of steaming trash.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I don't see why people complain about bunnyhoppers. They are just wanna-bee dancers. I mean its a twitch based skill so I don't necessarily consider it "cheating". Bunny hoppers are basically twitch based nubs who haven't figured out dancing yet. Some say its easy to take out bunny hoppers, and it is, but wait till you meet the "proffessional" bunny hopper, the dancer. Those guys are rough. If you seriously want to take out a bunny hopper just improve your twitch based skills and anticipate his movements. Simple as that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 481989
Member since 2005 • 680 Posts

If it wasn't for bunny-hoping (or any other non-realistic manuvers), BF2 would have the worst infantry of any game because it would be so boring and inconsistent. By inconsistent i am refering to the random cones of fire that each weapon in the game has. If you noticed, all bullets will deviate from the iron scope, even on the first shot. This means that infantry in BF2 is based more on luck than skill, which has led to noob-tubing and c4 chucking (which are more reliable and powerful).

Also, if you do it correctly, you can bunny hop forever because of how fast the stamina bar recharges.

food4me

Acutally, I PREFER to play as infantry in BF2. I don't bunnyhop either. I'm just not stupid; I don't play expecting to run and gun like I'm Rambo or something. I patiently work my way up to a favorable spot on the terrain, look down my barrel, pulse my shots, kills somebody, and switch positions before the enemy knows what's going on. On Wake Island I know all the spots on the terrain that people tend to take cover on, so I can mow people charging the airfield down in droves using the gun in the tower.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

One of the best example is COD. It was much better before they took it out; now it's a slow, boring campfest. Hell, you still see horribly newbish players crying when you jump (even though you can't jump more than twice in a row without it being completly useless).