WHO hate BUNNYHOPPING?

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maliric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 maliric
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]I don't see why people complain about bunnyhoppers. They are just wanna-bee dancers. I mean its a twitch based skill so I don't necessarily consider it "cheating". Bunny hoppers are basically twitch based nubs who haven't figured out dancing yet. Some say its easy to take out bunny hoppers, and it is, but wait till you meet the "proffessional" bunny hopper, the dancer. Those guys are rough. If you seriously want to take out a bunny hopper just improve your twitch based skills and anticipate his movements. Simple as that.

True. Sometimes I waltz with the Easter Bunny.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32922 Posts
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

One of the best example is COD. It was much better before they took it out; now it's a slow, boring campfest. Hell, you still see horribly newbish players crying when you jump (even though you can't jump more than twice in a row without it being completly useless).

If i want pure fast twitch action i'll play a game that actually delivers that well like UT2004.Pure twitch action can get old for me so i like to switch between something like UT2004 and something that requires more strategy and is actually fun, which BF2 is not.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
[QUOTE="BloodMist"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

One of the best example is COD. It was much better before they took it out; now it's a slow, boring campfest. Hell, you still see horribly newbish players crying when you jump (even though you can't jump more than twice in a row without it being completly useless).

If i want pure fast twitch action i'll play a game that actually delivers that well like UT2004.Pure twitch action can get old for me so i like to switch between something like UT2004 and something that requires more strategy and is actually fun, which BF2 is not.

Too bad "slow" doesn't equal "strategy". COD actually had more before they took out bunny hopping. Now it's pretty much all about "germans camp, allies move up slowly" or, in a few maps (where allies have the advantage), "germans camp, allies rush".

UT2k4's team deathmatch is much, much more strategical than COD (when both are played competitively, of course). Problem is, nobody plays that game. I guess it requires too much skills for the average PC gamer.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BloodMist
UT2k4's team deathmatch is much, much more strategical than COD (when both are played competitively, of course). Problem is, nobody plays that game. I guess it requires too much skills for the average PC gamer.
ReddestSkies

Yeah i know, it preplexes me that UT04 is not nearly as popular as it should be, but then again yeah it could be hard to get into.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"] [QUOTE="BloodMist"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

Too bad "slow" doesn't equal "strategy". COD actually had more before they took out bunny hopping. Now it's pretty much all about "germans camp, allies move up slowly" or, in a few maps (where allies have the advantage), "germans camp, allies rush".

Thats nothing like the strats for COD2 that the higher echelon of clans use. We have atleast ten strats for both sides for s and d :o. Plus we also take the time to find set nades where you can throw a nade anywhere on the map precisely where you want it.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ReddestSkies
[QUOTE="BloodMist"]
ReddestSkies

Yeah i know, it preplexes me that UT04 is not nearly as popular as it should be, but then again yeah it could be hard to get into.

The facts that you have to be in constant movement, dodge-jump, can't camp, have to bind every weapon in order to switch properly, can't "spray and pray" (except when you use the minigun, but most of the time it's not worth it), need to know the maps perfectly so you can move properly, etc. turn off most gamers. As the "top online FPS" lists (from gamespy, csports, etc.) suggest, they'd rather play slow and unskillful WW2 games.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ReddestSkies
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"] [QUOTE="BloodMist"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

Thats nothing like the strats for COD2 that the higher echelon of clans use. We have atleast ten strats for both sides for s and d :o. Plus we also take the time to find set nades where you can throw a nade anywhere on the map precisely where you want it.

Please, I know how COD clans play. I have seen countless demos of CAL-I matches and have made strats for a few clans myself. Most strategies basically are "germans camp, allies move up slowly" or "germans camp, allies rush". Sure, you might try to rush on the east side of the map instead of the right side, delay your nade spam or have 3 guys camp the middle of the map and 2 snipers on the sides, but that's about it. There aren't many possible choices.

Set nades wouldn't even exist if COD wasn't the slowest game ever.
PoisonBagels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PoisonBagels
Member since 2002 • 7825 Posts
I've played on a top 5 UT2k4 TDM team for a while, and I'm a GGL admin. I've also scrimmed a lot of CS They each take strategy and tactics. Slower games like CS take more strategy, but something as fast as UT takes much quicker on the fly tactics. Each takes a lot of skill at high level play. But, I can tell you right now UT takes much higher reflexes to succeed in than CS.
Xtcme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Xtcme
Member since 2003 • 1901 Posts

To all the IDIOTS that said DONT whine....thanks for ruining my game...YEs BF2 is not a total WAR simulator but if ya ever DO get on server that uses squads and commanders and no IDIOTS are bunny hopping around it is a INCREDIBLE experience.                                                                                                                                    But since we have the "dont whine" "its part of the game" dude just improve your skills"  friggin idiots out there this game will Hardly ever see its true potential as the greatest online shooter.If ya want to be a one man army and bunny hop like a lil girl  GO PLAY UT or Q3.

I really wish ALL of us forumites could meet at a convention I would really like to talk to you lil girly bunnyhoppers face to face

Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Odissius
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

To all the IDIOTS that said DONT whine....thanks for ruining my game...YEs BF2 is not a total WAR simulator but if ya ever DO get on server that uses squads and commanders and no IDIOTS are bunny hopping around it is a INCREDIBLE experience. But since we have the "dont whine" "its part of the game" dude just improve your skills" friggin idiots out there this game will Hardly ever see its true potential as the greatest online shooter.If ya want to be a one man army and bunny hop like a lil girl GO PLAY UT or Q3.

I really wish ALL of us forumites could meet at a convention I would really like to talk to you lil girly bunnyhoppers face to face

Xtcme

I agree 100%, except for the geek convention...

Xtcme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Xtcme
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
fiddlecub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#62 fiddlecub
Member since 2002 • 16981 Posts
Firstly, I am going to insist that everyone posting in this thread act respectfully. If you cannot offer your opinion without being nasty, you have no business offering it here, and I'll be going through this thread to make sure the point is clear to those that don't know the rules of the GS forums.

Secondly, I have an opinion of my own. No, "bunnyhopping" isn't the most pleasant aspect of shooters, particularly in Battlefield 2, but jumping is an almost necessary addition to most current-day shooters. When I play a shooter that does not feature jumping, such as Killzone or Perfect Dark Zero, I feel too confined, and I am willing to bet almost all PC shooter players would feel similarly confined. Even in other genres, taking away the jump mechanism (such as with Star Wars Galaxies) feels unnecessary.

That said, some developers try to curb the issue, such as DICE with the stamina bar in BF2, or with the excellent implementation in Call of Duty 2. It makes for a consistent experience for those that don't like to jump--and yet, that's the rub. Those that jump are using a control mechanism built into the game, and in some games, such as UT2K4 or Quake 3, it's as important an aspect of the action as any other. In fact, in UT, you can turn on mutators that let you triple-jump, and some maps play with gravity to excellent effect, contributing to outragous jumping that is fun to pull off--and fun to shoot at. When players in BF2 do this, they are using a technique that--for better or for worse--has become a shooter mainstay, and has likely been a part of their gameplay technique since they started playing FPS's.

In BF2, I don't jump around, because it detracts from my own experience. But no, I don't criticize those that do because it is, after all, a game. It isn't an exploit: the ability to do these things are programmed into shooters for a reason. Whether or not you enjoy this aspect of the gameplay isn't really the fault of the player who jumps as much as it is your own irritation with something that seems so out of place. Will I avoid bunnyhopping in BF2? Of course. Will I hop around like mad in UT2K4? Of course. Those playstyles are what makes the separate experiences of those games fun for me. Am I upset when other players don't adjust their playstyle based on the subject matter of the game? Nah.

It is, after all, a game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 481989
Member since 2005 • 680 Posts
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

Excuse me? So I guess you can't have fun playing paintball unless you're wearing moon shoes. Secondly, i can't imagine how them being "casual" somehow damns their opinion; if anything it actually makes their opinion more viable because it means they're rational and don't spend all day playing video games (alas, I am not one of those people.)

Let's go over your argument, shall we? Basically, you're saying that bunnyhopping is good...because it's better. Good argument. Never mind the fact that bunnyhopping is in no way analogous to intense gameplay. I'm sure Zelda would have been 10 times better if Link could have jumped 6 feet in the air while firing his bow.

I can just imagine you playing a sniper in BF2. You probably run around shooting people from 3 feet away because you don't want to be a "camper."
Avatar image for Carbinesoldier5
Carbinesoldier5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 Carbinesoldier5
Member since 2005 • 4361 Posts
Personally, I don't care about it. It's part of FPS, we can' take it away. When someone starts jumping I shoot them to the ground easier than on ground though
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ReddestSkies
[QUOTE="481989"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

Excuse me? So I guess you can't have fun playing paintball unless you're wearing moon shoes. Secondly, i can't imagine how them being "casual" somehow damns their opinion; if anything it actually makes their opinion more viable because it means they're rational and don't spend all day playing video games (alas, I am not one of those people.)

Let's go over your argument, shall we? Basically, you're saying that bunnyhopping is good...because it's better. Good argument. Never mind the fact that bunnyhopping is in no way analogous to intense gameplay. I'm sure Zelda would have been 10 times better if Link could have jumped 6 feet in the air while firing his bow.

I can just imagine you playing a sniper in BF2. You probably run around shooting people from 3 feet away because you don't want to be a "camper."

Last time I checked, games are NOT reality. The comparaison with paintball just doesn't work.

Nice reading comprehension, junior. My argument is that bunny hopping isn't bad, since taking it out kills the game's pace (as example, COD is now the slowest game ever played online).

The Zelda comparaison doesn't work either, considering that it can't be played in multiplayer. :|

I have nothing against camping, as long as it doesn't become the whole point of the game.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
Bunny hopping can be annoying, but there is a way to deal with it in BF2.  And that's to bunny hop right along with them.  I don't bunny hop normally, but as soon as an enemy soldier starts bunny hopping to get me, I bunny hop too.  Then we're evenly matched.  If he thinks his bunny hopping is going to give him an advantage, he's wrong, because I can bunny hop if I have to too, dang it!  I've never dolphin dived, though.  Just seems unnecessarily tedious.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

I call it face humpingSlannmage

That's teabagging, not bunny hopping.

BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BloodMist
Bunny hopping can be annoying, but there is a way to deal with it in BF2. And that's to bunny hop right along with them. I don't bunny hop normally, but as soon as an enemy soldier starts bunny hopping to get me, I bunny hop too. Then we're evenly matched. If he thinks his bunny hopping is going to give him an advantage, he's wrong, because I can bunny hop if I have to too, dang it! I've never dolphin dived, though. Just seems unnecessarily tedious.JP_Russell

Yeah, if i played BF2 that's probably what i would do as well, and that's what i did in CS before it was removed.Actually that bunny hopping experience still comes in handy in CS, as sometimes i will hop around a corner then crouch and fire if i know and enemy is around it, and they never expect that.
Lord_DoDo56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#69 Lord_DoDo56
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
America's Army was well know for bunny-hopping as you could do it many times and not stop. But with the new patch it got rid of it and no more can noobs and cowards jump there way out of my fire >:).
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"] [QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"] [QUOTE="BloodMist"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

Please, I know how COD clans play. I have seen countless demos of CAL-I matches and have made strats for a few clans myself. Most strategies basically are "germans camp, allies move up slowly" or "germans camp, allies rush". Sure, you might try to rush on the east side of the map instead of the right side, delay your nade spam or have 3 guys camp the middle of the map and 2 snipers on the sides, but that's about it. There aren't many possible choices.

Set nades wouldn't even exist if COD wasn't the slowest game ever.

Riiight. Each person in our team has to have a overhead view map of each map and must know every single building name, street name,  corner, and cranny. We must know how to get a nade into every single spot on the map from anywhere else on the map. We must know all angles that we can possibly be shot from. This is all S and D of course. If you look on the CAL forums youll see that people say we tend to cover every single inch of the map. Its not just camp here or something like that. We have elaborate networks of cover fire, order in which we perform actions, and we always work as a team. Its one of the more strategically heavy games around. It allows for diverse specialists to back up their team. Say for instance you have your sniper set up in a cetain spot and your smg user in a certain spot. They'll coordinate to move at  the exact same time to cover every angle conceivable. You may split your team up into three squads, two two man and one one man squad. They have specific orders in which they cover certain parts of the map to perform their duty.

Tell me thats not strategy.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ReddestSkies

Riiight. Each person in our team has to have a overhead view map of each map and must know every single building name, street name, corner, and cranny. We must know how to get a nade into every single spot on the map from anywhere else on the map. We must know all angles that we can possibly be shot from. This is all S and D of course.
Vandalvideo

That's map knowledge, not strategy.

If you look on the CAL forums youll see that people say we tend to cover every single inch of the map. Its not just camp here or something like that. We have elaborate networks of cover fire, order in which we perform actions, and we always work as a team. Its one of the more strategically heavy games around. It allows for diverse specialists to back up their team. Say for instance you have your sniper set up in a cetain spot and your smg user in a certain spot. They'll coordinate to move at the exact same time to cover every angle conceivable. You may split your team up into three squads, two two man and one one man squad. They have specific orders in which they cover certain parts of the map to perform their duty.

Vandalvideo

"Moving up slowly" while being coordinated with a teammate or two is still "moving up slowly". Covering every spot while camping is still camping.

I didn't say that COD wasn't strategical, it's just not as much as it used to be. Some maps are so one-sided because of the overall slowness of the game that they are virtually unplayable (yet still played competitively :|). Harbor is the best example of this.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

Riiight. Each person in our team has to have a overhead view map of each map and must know every single building name, street name, corner, and cranny. We must know how to get a nade into every single spot on the map from anywhere else on the map. We must know all angles that we can possibly be shot from. This is all S and D of course.
Vandalvideo

That's map knowledge, not strategy.

If you look on the CAL forums youll see that people say we tend to cover every single inch of the map. Its not just camp here or something like that. We have elaborate networks of cover fire, order in which we perform actions, and we always work as a team. Its one of the more strategically heavy games around. It allows for diverse specialists to back up their team. Say for instance you have your sniper set up in a cetain spot and your smg user in a certain spot. They'll coordinate to move at the exact same time to cover every angle conceivable. You may split your team up into three squads, two two man and one one man squad. They have specific orders in which they cover certain parts of the map to perform their duty.

Vandalvideo

"Moving up slowly" while being coordinated with a teammate or two is still "moving up slowly". Covering every spot while camping is still camping.

I didn't say that COD wasn't strategical, it's just not as much as it used to be. Some maps are so one-sided because of the overall slowness of the game that they are virtually unplayable (yet still played competitively :|). Harbor is the best example of this.

They only "Slow" game type is S and D. All the others like HQ and CTF are relatively fast paced. COD2 has more strategy than CSS and BF2 (in my opinion). But I guess we should agree to disagree. I'll also take this time to gloat. We are 59-5 on TWL COD 4v4 TDM and CAL S1 winners. So we must be doing something right :shrug:

DarthMaul135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 DarthMaul135
Member since 2004 • 1076 Posts
Yes I dont like it, that dosent allow you to call me a whiner though. I do hate it, but I dont care because at the end I end up killing them. I hardly ever die from bunny hopers except in close quarters when they do the prone thing and knife me. its just annoying to waste so much bullets on bunny hopers and not on real people that play. at the end its usually 10% of the players on a server that bunny hop.
Xtcme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Xtcme

Firstly, I am going to insist that everyone posting in this thread act respectfully. If you cannot offer your opinion without being nasty, you have no business offering it here, and I'll be going through this thread to make sure the point is clear to those that don't know the rules of the GS forums.

Secondly, I have an opinion of my own. No, "bunnyhopping" isn't the most pleasant aspect of shooters, particularly in Battlefield 2, but jumping is an almost necessary addition to most current-day shooters. When I play a shooter that does not feature jumping, such as Killzone or Perfect Dark Zero, I feel too confined, and I am willing to bet almost all PC shooter players would feel similarly confined. Even in other genres, taking away the jump mechanism (such as with Star Wars Galaxies) feels unnecessary.

That said, some developers try to curb the issue, such as DICE with the stamina bar in BF2, or with the excellent implementation in Call of Duty 2. It makes for a consistent experience for those that don't like to jump--and yet, that's the rub. Those that jump are using a control mechanism built into the game, and in some games, such as UT2K4 or Quake 3, it's as important an aspect of the action as any other. In fact, in UT, you can turn on mutators that let you triple-jump, and some maps play with gravity to excellent effect, contributing to outragous jumping that is fun to pull off--and fun to shoot at. When players in BF2 do this, they are using a technique that--for better or for worse--has become a shooter mainstay, and has likely been a part of their gameplay technique since they started playing FPS's.

In BF2, I don't jump around, because it detracts from my own experience. But no, I don't criticize those that do because it is, after all, a game. It isn't an exploit: the ability to do these things are programmed into shooters for a reason. Whether or not you enjoy this aspect of the gameplay isn't really the fault of the player who jumps as much as it is your own irritation with something that seems so out of place. Will I avoid bunnyhopping in BF2? Of course. Will I hop around like mad in UT2K4? Of course. Those playstyles are what makes the separate experiences of those games fun for me. Am I upset when other players don't adjust their playstyle based on the subject matter of the game? Nah.

It is, after all, a game.
fiddlecub

Ya know that was a great answer   yea right forgive me if I dont have the passive perfect attitude as you MR.MOD man.Yes it is just a game but I spent 50 dollars on it and I spent 1600 dollars on my machine so I could enjoy MY game.

Let me give you an example of YOUR world MR MOD.

" YOU just buy A new CORVETTE it can go REAL fast and ya bought it so you can enjoy that PART of driving.But hey the world is full of a bunch of lil jerks that just put there cars In your way ride their brakes ON purpose jsut so you cant drive your vette the WAY you want to drive it(within confines of law of cousrse) and get in your way of a good time.4 years go past and you got to drive your NEW corvette 5 times the way IT SHOULD BE DRIVEN.But hey Mr mod its just driving..they have a right to be jerks and RUIN your driving experience.

Well im sorry  come drive on my road some time.Maybe in your lil Leave it to beaver land you can spend ALOT of cash on your hobby and have it ruined by LIL jerks,and just say "hey man its kewl"  Not me.

Not me.

And go ahead erase this if it makes ya feel big......

Virtuson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#75 Virtuson
Member since 2004 • 3509 Posts
it has it's uses.
clearman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#76 clearman90
Member since 2003 • 11500 Posts
thats why i play call of duty, after u jump, theres a short slowdown time so u cant fully jump again. genious really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 481989
Member since 2005 • 680 Posts
[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"] [QUOTE="481989"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

Last time I checked, games are NOT reality. The comparaison with paintball just doesn't work.

Nice reading comprehension, junior. My argument is that bunny hopping isn't bad, since taking it out kills the game's pace (as example, COD is now the slowest game ever played online).

The Zelda comparaison doesn't work either, considering that it can't be played in multiplayer. :|

I have nothing against camping, as long as it doesn't become the whole point of the game.

And I said, if taking out bunnyhopping slows down the game's pace, then Zelda must one hell of a slow game, considering you can't jump. Whether or not it's multiplayer is irrelevent. Anyway, you fail to establish a linke between CoD being slow and the lack of bunnyhopping. I've played games in BF2 without bunnyhoppers and none of them were slow. Something else is probably at work here.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ReddestSkies
[QUOTE="481989"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"] [QUOTE="481989"] [QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]People who hate bunny hopping are casual gamers who prefer playing slow and competitively boring games so they have the whole "realistic" aspect.

And I said, if taking out bunnyhopping slows down the game's pace, then Zelda must one hell of a slow game, considering you can't jump. Whether or not it's multiplayer is irrelevent. Anyway, you fail to establish a linke between CoD being slow and the lack of bunnyhopping. I've played games in BF2 without bunnyhoppers and none of them were slow. Something else is probably at work here.

Well, since you want to use Zelda as example, I'll do it too. Now, I didn't play Majora's Mask, but in Ocarina of Time and especially in Wind Waker, you move much faster if you "roll" instead of simply running, and there's no limitation in rolling, as long as you don't hit walls. Without it, the games would be slower. It pretty much works the same way as bunny hopping. Sure, if you don't bunny hop (or roll) and it's taken out, you won't notice the difference, but if you do use it, the game's much, much slower.
Kal_Rhael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 Kal_Rhael
Member since 2002 • 15550 Posts
i don't mind bunnyhoppers in games liek Q3 and unreal tournament, those arcade style games, but in games like Bf and those sim like games, it takes away from the experience alot. I mean, in real life, does the military bunnyhop when they're trying to kill the enemy? i don't think so.

Hahaha oh man, that's hilaurious, imagine a whole platoon of soldiers bunny hoping towards the enemy in real life.

So yea, im againt's it because it really takes away from the experience.
DarthMaul135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 DarthMaul135
Member since 2004 • 1076 Posts

some one will say:
"Its a game dont whine!" or "this isnt real life!"

well no alot of people LIKE it to be reallistic and real life.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Vandalvideo
Since when was BF2 ever considered a sim or "realistic shooter"? From the very beginning it was heralded as an arcade shooter. Wanna be realistic? Take out the tickets, take out jumping from a hellicopter/ plain from thousands of feet in the air and landing in the water with little to no damage, take away the contionous  parachutes that are infinite, take away respawning vehicles, take away anything that isn't remotely possible in real life. But leave bunny hopping, because it is possible to do it, but not highly advised. Whats to stop me from running out to the ghetto and hoppin around while someone shoots at me? Chances are ill die, but I could still do it. I gaurentee you, however, that if i jump off my roof I won't have unlimited parachutes. If I hop out of a plane at that high in the air I WILL die. If I blow  up my car will it respawn?

Now sit here and explain to me how BF2 can POSSIBLY be considered a sim.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BloodMist
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Since when was BF2 ever considered a sim or "realistic shooter"? From the very beginning it was heralded as an arcade shooter. Wanna be realistic? Take out the tickets, take out jumping from a hellicopter/ plain from thousands of feet in the air and landing in the water with little to no damage, take away the contionous parachutes that are infinite, take away respawning vehicles, take away anything that isn't remotely possible in real life. But leave bunny hopping, because it is possible to do it, but not highly advised. Whats to stop me from running out to the ghetto and hoppin around while someone shoots at me? Chances are ill die, but I could still do it. I gaurentee you, however, that if i jump off my roof I won't have unlimited parachutes. If I hop out of a plane at that high in the air I WILL die. If I blow up my car will it respawn?

Now sit here and explain to me how BF2 can POSSIBLY be considered a sim.

BF2 is close enough that bunny hopping is ridiculous in it.
youngbloodza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#83 youngbloodza
Member since 2004 • 6577 Posts
I enjoy bunny hopping in CS:S :)
eoeo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#84 eoeo123
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
bunnyhopping is for those girly-man who can't play for real ;)
Samurai_Rocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 Samurai_Rocket
Member since 2003 • 751 Posts

I personally think that if such a function were considered actual cheating within that game that the developers would have put limitations on such an action so that the player couldn't exploit it.  Of course in more arcadey type FPS games that do not focus on realism (I.E. Unreal Tourny or Tribes), I personally believe that would be a completely valid strategy for the player.

But in other FPS games that focus more on realism than anything else (I.E. Tom Clancy...), bunny hopping should definetly not be an option.

Now you mentioned Battlefield 2- A game like that isn't exactly realistic, I mean you can jump into a tank by yourself and drive it while shooting and gunning at the same time.  As far as bunnyhopping in Battlefield 2 is concerned, I personally think it's a valid option but I personally don't do it as it tends to make my aiming a bit worse.

Uhcip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Uhcip
Member since 2004 • 1927 Posts
bunnyhopping used to be so much fun in cs
in new games it just looks out of place if not completely taking away from the atmosphere
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BloodMist
bunnyhopping used to be so much fun in cs
in new games it just looks out of place if not completely taking away from the atmosphereUhcip

Play UT2K4, and enjoy...fore there....we love it.
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#88 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
i only play CS:S and it's harder to retreat if your jumping because you slow down. i only really do it if i'm in a firefight with someone. but even then i'll get shot in the head from a random bullet by the AK :P
schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts
i think bunny hopping is perfectly legit as long as its in the game and not enabled by a hack or the like....just like many other skills you can aquire in an fps.......you can learn to overcome them as well..just shoot the person and it wont be a problem..play a harder game for a while that makes aiming much harder and then go back to the easy games and you will laugh
GenAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GenAlpha
Member since 2004 • 648 Posts

OMG.. YES

These d@%& people hopping around so i cant shoot em makes me sick...

Buflonob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 Buflonob
Member since 2003 • 308 Posts

OK OK,

Reading through your responses the general opinion is that, although BF2 isn't as fantasy based as other games, it is a mid point and therefore certain aspects sway either way, to both keep the game logical, functional, varied and fun.

Some of us want the more realistic options that this 'middle ground' could be and others want different, more fun/fiction aspects or angles instead.

I agree with the infinite parachutes being silly (hence why I prefer Joint Ops on that factor), but then that is complimented by the fact that if you land on a building you can make it to the ground without the ability to shimmy down drainpipes etc.  Although bailers from aircaft do my head in when it is so easy for them...grrr...was my deserved kill!!

I also understand the respawn comment, but truthfully it's better than having 25 tanks roll into a small landscape as really happens! instead you get a quota of 1 or 2, which respawn...hope that makes sense, unless you just want a mass tank battle of course?..hmmm can see some C4 packs coming in handy!!..might be funny actually, lol as long as the spawn point were out of reach for capture by them!

I just think that if a human can jump a certain height, laden with pounds of ammo etc, then the soldiers should be able to do the same.  That just because network lagg and refresh rates can make it harder to get shot if you move more bits of yer body quicker, hence why jumpers, rollers, dolphin divers and any movement that moves you quick and consistantly can be exploited as an avoidance technique should be based around as much realism as possible (unless the game is fiction, then do what ya want, but the network lagg etc will still ruin it for a lot of players, hence people who hate laggy servers!)

I love other fiction games also, so it's not that I have this warped mind that thinks games are real life etc, but if they go to the trouble of making head shots and certain body areas more susceptible to damage etc, why can't they make the real-life movement physics just as sophisticated?

Being 26, I do remember when games were basically hit the other player with as much ammo as you can first, cos it was all worth the same hit points and you were lucky to survive 2 battles.  So when they spend millions making games making movement more realistic, hit points proportional to where they hit and making game content more, mimicing the spread of guns and concealment versus protection (main advertising point of BF2) and bullet proof glass piercing bullets on sniper etc. To then still give the ability of player to jump like they have springs on their legs (yes I have seen those devices on the market, but they aren't in there!) and not give us the ability to lean round corners which is a naturally given talent!!, or variable zoom on snipers, or decent camoflage when people drop their settings low so they have an advantage, is a bit off.  So come on EA make a game realistic on the movement side and we'll give you more feedback on the other crap points we want you to sort out. 

Think of it this way, sort them out..and more people will buy your games!!!...think of the money $£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£...is that enough incentive?

..before someone beats you to it (cough..Novalogic..cough)

x_ingetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 x_ingetje
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Yep, bunnyhopping is for girlies.Odissius
no it's not
bojiang908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 bojiang908
Member since 2003 • 546 Posts
oh hell no, no bunnyhopping man. server for bf2 should restrict hopping. not saying u cant jump, just limit the jumps like putting a stamina meter on or something.
halofreak3487

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#94 halofreak3487
Member since 2004 • 330 Posts
It's not that bad, most of the time i still kill the person while they are hopping around.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#95 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
eventually you will understand that gaming isnt "Fun" its "Competition" and people will do anything they have to inorder to gain an advantage.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
For those of you who dont know what I mean, when you are shooting somone and all they do is start hopping around so that they can get a little added advantage in time so that they can try to get away or shoot you instead.

Now I know that people do it all the time, and that it most likely isnt really a big deal, but I consider it an exploit which falls in my book as cheating or glitching. If a soldier was to do that in real combat he still would be dead, however its just an unfair advantage to people who do it.

YES i know that BF2 is not real life,
Yes I know that its just a game
YES i still think its cheating.

Just answer the question.
Zulu72
You just need to stop sucking and crying you can't hit the bunny hoppers. In most games it makes them easier to hit because they lose momentum.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
a bit.
WARxSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 WARxSnake
Member since 2006 • 2154 Posts

For those of you who dont know what I mean, when you are shooting somone and all they do is start hopping around so that they can get a little added advantage in time so that they can try to get away or shoot you instead.

Now I know that people do it all the time, and that it most likely isnt really a big deal, but I consider it an exploit which falls in my book as cheating or glitching. If a soldier was to do that in real combat he still would be dead, however its just an unfair advantage to people who do it.

YES i know that BF2 is not real life,
Yes I know that its just a game
YES i still think its cheating.

Just answer the question.
Zulu72

yes i understand how annoying it can be, but how exactly does it involve glitching? you're just jumping...alot.

thats the same as saying going full auto on your m249 in css is glitching. 

grabeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 grabeh
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts

Wow....people complaining about bunny hopping....

How about you people use a strategy to shoot the bunny hoppers and stop complaining? It IS part of the game. Deal with it. 

If you can't defeat them, join them. Bunny hop like crazy and get good at it.  

The "bunny hoppers" payed for the game too, you know.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#100 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Bunnyhopping is something I really don't like in games, I can list some of the reasons why I don't like it, but overall most of those have been explain already for more people.