What processor to get?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"][QUOTE="svenus97"]

Does the paste come with the CPU or do I have to get it separetely?

svenus97

If you are getting a non-k (no overclocking) chip, the paste you get with the cooler will do you ok. If you do plan on getting a k chip then investing in a quality paste is always a good idea. Also, have you decided on a MOBO and CPU?

Yea, in an upper post I linked to them.

That's not an overclockable chip, you can find cheaper RAM with same speed, and I never seen that MOBO. I also linked the parts in an upper post so see if you like them better, and I linked one of the best MOBO's if you fancy AsRock.

PipeBigboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#52 PipeBigboss
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts

Well the difference would be $$ mostly, that depends on your budget. I would get the K one but I don't overclock often to avoid some issues with the refrigeration system but if you have a good coolant system go for it.

NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 NailedGR
Member since 2010 • 997 Posts

[QUOTE="awptical"]

10 minutes? Rubbish. What cleaning solution are you using? Mayonaise? Rubbing alcohol will take it all off in seconds. Just get the 99% lanolin free and youre good to go.

blaznwiipspman1

I use the arctic silver 5 cleaning kit with the purifier.  I follow the manufacturers recommended steps, since the cpu isnt something I want to mess up, especially an expensive one like the i7.

3769_Arctic_Silver_5_(AS5)_Paste___Artic

Bro just use some alcohol wipes, it takes me less than 1 minute to remove all thermal paste, apply new paste and then spread it thin