What is Starcraft 2?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

So i see that this game is getting hyped up abit i never heard of Starcraft until about 5 months ago so i kind of snubbed SC2 away. I just saw it advertise on TV so im thinking i should give a try since ive never really given a strategy game alot of time before. I think ive only tried Warcraft 3 before so how does SC2 compare to that?

Is it online or a SP game?

Why do you like it?

Is it a monthly fee game?

73X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 73X
Member since 2008 • 1545 Posts

StarCraft is better than Warcraft, in my opinion. It's both. 'Cause I prefer sci-fi over fantasy. For me, it's the greatest RTS ever made. No, it's not.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
It has online multiplayer and a single player campaign. There is no monthly fee.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Starcraft 2 is alot different then Warcraft 3. They are both RTS games but with alot of differences.

It's a great game no doubt. The only thing that worries me is the multiplayer. It's been a few years now the Blizzard community has been infested with idiots with bad attitudes. It's a huge problem imo, and will probably have a big impact on how alot of people will feel about the online portion of this game.

With that being said ive had the game pre ordered for a while.For me, It's mostly for the single player campaign. The online is fun, but its not for everyone. It's a really fast paced game, the matches don't usually last more then 15 minutes. I rather long drawn out strategy then a short quick game. And even though I say that now, like in Starcraft 1 ill probably become addicted to the multiplayer :P Simply because it is a VERY good and fun game to play. Even though 90% of the people you play with you'll probly just want to reach into your monitor and smack them.

The single player has a very good story to tell for a RTS game, which isint very common at all. For alot of pc gamers this game will be a must buy. For the single player, for the multiplayer or both. Blizzard never fails to send out exceptional games. I doubt this will be any different.

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Would be getting it but since Australia is being region locked to South East Asia I wont be now :(.
kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
I gotta tell you I lol'd pretty hard when I saw the title. StarCraft is generally considered one of the best real-time strategy games out there, and was released in 1998. Blizzard still supports it, and a decent number of people still play it on the internet through BattleNet (Blizzard's online service, for free of course). The game involves harvesting resources, building units and destroying the enemy's base. StarCraft is literally a national sport in South Korea, just look up a video on youtube - there's television coverage, fans holding banners etc - it's just like any other sport. StarCraft II is of course the sequel, which will be released in 3 single-player parts, and no, there will be no fee for multiplayer.
TheCh0sen0ne85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheCh0sen0ne85
Member since 2010 • 88 Posts
I feel sorry for kids under 20 because they don't know the greatness of Starcraft 1. Starcraft 2 is the sequel to the best PC game ever and one of the best games ever on any platform. If SC1 was never created I bet online gaming wouldn't exist now.
TheCh0sen0ne85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheCh0sen0ne85
Member since 2010 • 88 Posts

You're a freaking ignant fool to think that kids under 20 don't know Starcraft.

Also, that last scentence is wrong, bud.

w4rrior17
I am never wrong son
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
you never heard of it?? only the most popular RTS in the world!!!
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
you never heard of it?? only the most popular RTS in the world!!!guildclaws
i thought it SC2 was the sequel to the most popular RTS in the world?
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
It's an RTS with 3 races. It has single player campaign + skirmish mode + online multiplayer. A sequel of StarCraft.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
It's an RTS with 3 races. It has single player campaign + skirmish mode + online multiplayer. A sequel of StarCraft.Crimsader
even has co-op :), its the biggest game of the last few years easily.
Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Xsan3
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

[QUOTE="w4rrior17"]

TheCh0sen0ne85

I am never wrong son

No reason to start calling folks fools about mentioning the truth. This generation of Kids didnt grow up with the true evolution of gamesthe way people my age (33) did. Talking about the Commodore 64>Atari>NES>Genesis>PS1 and so forth. Back in 99, SC-1 was considered to have outstanding graphcs - - and the point of saying Kids under 20 dont know StarCraft is probably accurate. Due to, if an 18yo who has never seen or actually played the game , were to set thier eyes on SC1 for the first time, theyre probably going to critique on how awful it looks and how limited the game is. So they probably wont even be interested in playing it.

Kinda like Star Wars - lots of kids under 20, enjoy the the New Star Wars movies more than the Original. Probably because of how dated it may feel...

Either way - no need for name calling.

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

[QUOTE="TheCh0sen0ne85"][QUOTE="w4rrior17"]

Xsan3

I am never wrong son

No reason to start calling folks fools about mentioning the truth. This generation of Kids didnt grow up with the true evolution of gamesthe way people my age (33) did. Talking about the Commodore 64>Atari>NES>Genesis>PS1 and so forth. Back in 99, SC-1 was considered to have outstanding graphcs - - and the point of saying Kids under 20 dont know StarCraft is probably accurate. Due to, if an 18yo who has never seen or actually played the game , were to set thier eyes on SC1 for the first time, theyre probably going to critique on how awful it looks and how limited the game is. So they probably wont even be interested in playing it.

Kinda like Star Wars - lots of kids under 20, enjoy the the New Star Wars movies more than the Original. Probably because of how dated it may feel...

Really?Well I'm 17 and SC was the second game I ever played when I was 5 or 6. Basicly what you're saying is, that people under 20 prefer graphics over gameplay.You can't say that for sure since it depends on when they started gaming.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xsan3

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

[QUOTE="TheCh0sen0ne85"] I am never wrong soncoreybg

Really?Well I'm 17 and SC was the second game I ever played when I was 5 or 6. Basicly what you're saying is, that people under 20 prefer graphics over gameplay.You can't say that for sure since it depends on when they started gaming.

THeres always an exception to everything - but Folks in general. And im not Basically Saying that people under 20prefer graphics over gameplay - What i am saying is - - If a kid under 20 has limitless options of other RTS games out there , StarCraft would seem a bit Dated compared to say-World in Conflict or the New Red Alert. Ive never Played the original Fallout, which was supposedly a good game...but when I got the chance to look at it for the first time a few months ago - i was completely turned off , mostly due to the graphics...and since there are plenty of games that have come out since - the original Fallout doesnt seem worth playing. Same wouldprobably pertain toStarCraft...

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="coreybg"]

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]No reason to start calling folks fools about mentioning the truth. This generation of Kids didnt grow up with the true evolution of gamesthe way people my age (33) did. Talking about the Commodore 64>Atari>NES>Genesis>PS1 and so forth. Back in 99, SC-1 was considered to have outstanding graphcs - - and the point of saying Kids under 20 dont know StarCraft is probably accurate. Due to, if an 18yo who has never seen or actually played the game , were to set thier eyes on SC1 for the first time, theyre probably going to critique on how awful it looks and how limited the game is. So they probably wont even be interested in playing it.

Xsan3

THeres always an exception to everything - but Folks in general. And im not Basically Saying that people under 20prefer graphics over gameplay - What i am saying is - - If a kid under 20 has limitless options of other RTS games out there , StarCraft would seem a bit Dated compared to say-World in Conflict or the New Red Alert. Ive never Played the original Fallout, which was supposedly a good game...but when I got the chance to look at it for the first time a few months ago - i was completely turned off , mostly due to the graphics...and since there are plenty of games that have come out since - the original Fallout doesnt seem worth playing. Same wouldprobably pertain toStarCraft...

well ok, the only thing off putting about starcraft 1 is the 640*480 res.
enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

yup, I never heard it either until sc2 was announced....

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xsan3

@TerrorRizzing - IF i had never played Starcraft-1 , and had the option today to either get World in Conflict or StarCraft , Im certain Id pick up WiC every time . Cause - its newer, looks better, more limitations as far as options in gameplay. Even if the game had been renouned as one of the all time greats. Even Gamespot gave SC a perfect score of 10 - and WiC an 8 , knowing that SC is an 11yo game, and graphics are what they are , and i could only make one choice - im still going to pick up WiC. And I Love StarCraft. Its just dated is all..

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xsan3

yup, I never heard it either until sc2 was announced....

enriK233

Id never heard of Fallout 1 or 2 before FO3was released :)

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TerrorRizzing

@TerrorRizzing - IF i had never played Starcraft-1 , and had the option today to either get World in Conflict or StarCraft , Im certain Id pick up WiC every time . Cause - its newer, looks better, more limitations as far as options in gameplay. Even if the game had been renouned as one of the all time greats. Even Gamespot gave SC a perfect score of 10 - and WiC an 8 , knowing that SC is an 11yo game, and graphics are what they are , and i could only make one choice - im still going to pick up WiC. And I Love StarCraft. Its just dated is all..

Xsan3
well you know what, I had not played starcraft until recently but still enjoyed it over wic. wic is great, but sucks compared to starcraft. I mean I got over the graphics in roughly 20 minutes, the gameplay of stracraft is just perfect.
cydexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cydexx
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

its all about your age i think =)

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

Its a game that activision are splitting into 3 parts to make you pay x3 for a single game. I wish kotick a slow and painful death.

(yea its a blizzard game but that scumbags greasy mits are all over it)

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TerrorRizzing

Its a game that activision are splitting into 3 parts to make you pay x3 for a single game. I wish kotick a slow and painful death.

bonafidetk

well considering the content in each release, its ok with me. I dont want to think about kotick and his greed when getting starcraft 2, I just want to be blown away again.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

I feel sorry for kids under 20 because they don't know the greatness of Starcraft 1. Starcraft 2 is the sequel to the best PC game ever and one of the best games ever on any platform. If SC1 was never created I bet online gaming wouldn't exist now. TheCh0sen0ne85

Oi!

I'm 18, I finished Starcraft when I was 7 and up to now I've scored more than ten thousands hours in it. Do I get a cookie for being an exception?

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Guess ill have to check it out.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

[QUOTE="TheCh0sen0ne85"]I feel sorry for kids under 20 because they don't know the greatness of Starcraft 1. Starcraft 2 is the sequel to the best PC game ever and one of the best games ever on any platform. If SC1 was never created I bet online gaming wouldn't exist now. N30F3N1X

Oi!

I'm 18, I finished Starcraft when I was 7 and up to now I've scored more than ten thousands hours in it. Do I get a cookie for being an exception?

No.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N30F3N1X

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="TheCh0sen0ne85"]I feel sorry for kids under 20 because they don't know the greatness of Starcraft 1. Starcraft 2 is the sequel to the best PC game ever and one of the best games ever on any platform. If SC1 was never created I bet online gaming wouldn't exist now. SpArKs424

Oi!

No.

:(

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kdawg88
I would say that StarCraft is no exception to the idea of younger gamers being put off by dated visuals. But, considering StarCraft's solidity in its gameplay, anyone who says they don't like it because 'the graphics suck' has probably been playing it for about a week.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N30F3N1X

I would say that StarCraft is no exception to the idea of younger gamers being put off by dated visuals. But, considering StarCraft's solidity in its gameplay, anyone who says they don't like it because 'the graphics suck' has probably been playing it for about a week.kdawg88

Or is just looking for an excuse for not being able to learn it properly after receiving a consistent amount of steamrolling ;)

dcdanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dcdanger
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
ohhhh how ive waited for the day that starcraft 2 would come out, its prolly one of the greatest games ever.
haris771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 haris771
Member since 2010 • 187 Posts

Would be getting it but since Australia is being region locked to South East Asia I wont be now :(.Shadowhawk000

just buy a american copy

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

[QUOTE="coreybg"]

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]No reason to start calling folks fools about mentioning the truth. This generation of Kids didnt grow up with the true evolution of gamesthe way people my age (33) did. Talking about the Commodore 64>Atari>NES>Genesis>PS1 and so forth. Back in 99, SC-1 was considered to have outstanding graphcs - - and the point of saying Kids under 20 dont know StarCraft is probably accurate. Due to, if an 18yo who has never seen or actually played the game , were to set thier eyes on SC1 for the first time, theyre probably going to critique on how awful it looks and how limited the game is. So they probably wont even be interested in playing it.

TheCh0sen0ne85

Wow, you were playing video games when you were 5 or 6? What kind of horrible parents would allow that? Even if you played at that age you don't know wtf was going on. I barely remember anything when I was at that age.

Oh go to hell, I'm 18 years old and my brain is capable enough to remember what I was doing 13 years ago. My first 3 games were Super Mario Bros and Blaster Master on the NES and Starcraft, and I've been playing those games periodically since then. Though I must say that since I got my hand on the SC2 beta I haven't been able to go back to SC1, it's just too different.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="coreybg"]

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

TheCh0sen0ne85

Wow, you were playing video games when you were 5 or 6? What kind of horrible parents would allow that? Even if you played at that age you don't know wtf was going on. I barely remember anything when I was at that age.

Oh go to hell, I'm 18 years old and my brain is capable enough to remember what I was doing 13 years ago. My first 3 games were Super Mario Bros and Blaster Master on the NES and Starcraft, and I've been playing those games periodically since then. Though I must say that since I got my hand on the SC2 beta I haven't been able to go back to SC1, it's just too different.

This, I've been playing video games(on PC mind you) since i was 6 or 7, it started with Text based adventure (Alice in wonderland) and moved onto things like Zork, Hugo's House of Horrors, got my first FPS at 10 =D Duke Nukem 3D.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="coreybg"]

TheCh0sen0ne85

Wow your a terrible troll you know that? Also want to know something funny? I played starcraft for the first time when I was 16 years old, first time I had ever seen it, first time I had ever played it and I played sooo many hours over the year until the sc2 beta came out. Stop being so ignorant it makes you look like a jerk.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

Oh go to hell, I'm 18 years old and my brain is capable enough to remember what I was doing 13 years ago. My first 3 games were Super Mario Bros and Blaster Master on the NES and Starcraft, and I've been playing those games periodically since then. Though I must say that since I got my hand on the SC2 beta I haven't been able to go back to SC1, it's just too different.nintendog66

QFT.

StarCraft has been my fourth PC game after Diablo, Dark Reign and Bomberman 94 and my first *serious* game, which I began playing when I was 6, specifically I received it for my 6th birthday, two weeks after its release, and I stopped playing it religiously when WoW came out after scoring about 12K hours in it at the age of 13.

The "kind of horrible parents" I have also taught me not to listen to the bull**** people says that I should be doing at my age and just enjoy my tastes.

Prodigal sons aren't born with the "we should make him do the same thing all the other kids of his age are doing" mentality.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

So i see that this game is getting hyped up abit i never heard of Starcraft until about 5 months ago so i kind of snubbed SC2 away. I just saw it advertise on TV so im thinking i should give a try since ive never really given a strategy game alot of time before. I think ive only tried Warcraft 3 before so how does SC2 compare to that?

Is it online or a SP game?

Why do you like it?

Is it a monthly fee game?

mattuk69
My my.... the young generation which missed out on SC.... I feel sorry for you... :)
IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts
Would be getting it but since Australia is being region locked to South East Asia I wont be now :(.Shadowhawk000
AHAHAHAHAHA. Man you guys are going to get roflpwned in the most funniest ways. There probably is a way around the region lock, but likely your screwed. (P.S. I actually fell on the floor laughing.)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]Would be getting it but since Australia is being region locked to South East Asia I wont be now :(.IvanElk
AHAHAHAHAHA. Man you guys are going to get roflpwned in the most funniest ways. There probably is a way around the region lock, but likely your screwed. (P.S. I actually fell on the floor laughing.)

Really?

REALLY?

ahhh sheet... stuff MP then, I'm just going to play SP.....lol

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="coreybg"]

TheCh0sen0ne85

I am 28 years old and I have been playing computer games since I was 4. Kings Quest taught me how to spell.

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kdawg88
Just to add to that I remember playing Commander Keen when I was 4.
madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts

StarCraft is better than Warcraft, in my opinion. It's both. 'Cause I prefer sci-fi over fantasy. For me, it's the greatest RTS ever made. No, it's not.

73X
Starcraft is different then warcraft... Warcraft has way more micromanagement then starcraft and it introduced heroes. However starcraft has ultra fast gameplay and most 1v1 games won't take more then 10 minutes. I like warcraft more for the soul reason that there is 100 times more to do then you have time to do it so it's all about prioritizing. Still theres nothing like a 300+ zergling drop in an enemy base that has 20 Battle cruisers :D.
MojoRises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MojoRises
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
It's a big unbalanced mess, 'tis what it is.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FelipeInside
It's a big unbalanced mess, 'tis what it is.MojoRises
What? SC was one of the most balanced games in all history? Is SC2 that unbalanced?
Conan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Conan1985
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

It abit like Warcraft in respects its an RTS and its based around "Heros" or whatever you want to call them. So think kinda like Warcraft meets Warhammer 40k.

fabounito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fabounito
Member since 2010 • 61 Posts
Starcraft belong to the classical rts game in history for sure !
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TerrorRizzing
It's a big unbalanced mess, 'tis what it is.MojoRises
great first post..
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

bonafidetk

its was reported to have a $100 million dollar budget. now if those expansions are including with the budget, I don't see the problem splitting the game into 3 parts

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

TheShadowLord07

its was reported to have a $100 million dollar budget. now if those expansions are including with the budget, I don't see the problem splitting the game into 3 parts

You are getting 3 COMPLETE SP Campaigns.... so its not a money grab....