The War Z scam available on Steam.

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

[QUOTE="SystemsGO"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Meh, Despite being my favorite game series of all time, the STALKER games are very inconsistent graphics wise. Some areas looks great, some look bad. War Z doesn't look all that great, definitely better than Shadow of Chernobyl, but I wouldn't say it looks better than Clear Sky.Toxic-Seahorse

Well, being that I haven't played War Z, I can't say for certain but specifically I was talking about the game I invested the most time in, which is Pripyat, the building models almost look identical to me. Anyway, I think it's a little unfair to say this game is a "Scam", it's a game, and may not be exactly polished but to see it's actively being worked on is nice. And yes, I do think the push was to get it out before Day Z's stand alone game, in which case I think this looks better. Nonetheless, PC gamers have always been such spoiled little brats, wanting everything to be perfectly how they envisioned it, or hell to be paid and I don't think that's fair and I do believe that is what gets us ostracized as a majority, from the small minority never pleased with anything whatsoever.

Either way, again I haven't followed, nor played the game, but I think the claims are a little over ambitious, unfair and kind of juvenile.

I don't think you understand what the problem is. The steam page is advertising features that aren't even in the game yet and nowhere does it say that the game does not yet have these features. They're blatantly lying about what you're getting. They're leading users to belive that they are getting the game that is described on the steam page when in reality they are not. This isn't about the game being bad, it's about blatant false advertising.

In case you've been lost in the PC gaming world for a while, I think you've missed the fact that within PC gaming false advertising has forever run rampant. Crysis 2, was said to have DX11 by release, RAGE was supposed to have mod tools, we've never seen them. The list really goes on, but those two stick out to me. So again, I think this game is receiving unfair judgement.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

This tumblr pretty much sums up everything. http://warzscam.tumblr.com/

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

I'll admit that the store page is grossly misleading, but what features are completely absent from it? Aside from server rentals and player counts anyway.

Saw this posted and found it interesting!

"A Huge Persistent World: The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers."

Nowhere in that statement does it say there is currently more than one world map. And that map is 120 sq km, which is between 100 and 400 sq km.

"Play with Friends: Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create Public or Private Servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans."

It doesn't say that there's a friends list. As to whether you can set up your own server or not, I'd have to do some more research that I'm not willing to do. We'll say that holds up as a lie.

"No Classes, No Levels, No Caps: Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and spend it to learn dozen of available skills"

The only part mentioned as a lie is being able to spend experience points. That means that 5/6ths of this statement is technically true.

"Two modes of Play: Normal and Hardcore"

It didn't mention that there were any differences in these modes currently, just that two modes exist.

"Meld of PVE(Player versus Environment) and PVP (Player versus Player)"

If there are any computer-controlled entities which are hostile and/or can be killed in the game, that's PvE. Questing and talking to friendly NPCs are different aspects entirely.

"Up to 100 Players per Game Server"

We'll say this one stands up as a lie.

"Dedicated Public Servers as well as Private Servers"

Already mentioned.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

Most people talking bad about this game haven't played 5 mins of it. It is a blast. It is really enjoyable, it isn't a scam. Don't listen to those Day Z fanboys.

I enjoy Day Z and War Z. Just looking forward to the Day Z standalone and release of more features for The War Z now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Most people talking bad about this game haven't played 5 mins of it. It is a blast. It is really enjoyable, it isn't a scam. Don't listen to those Day Z fanboys.

I enjoy Day Z and War Z. Just looking forward to the Day Z standalone and release of more features for The War Z now.

Deadpool-n

Most of us have played The War Z. I played it back in October and I refuse to buy the game from Steam.

How you feel about the game is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that they are lying about the game on their store page. We've proven this already.

If you support them after that you are truly a terrible human being.

avneet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 avneet1
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

Deadpool-n
Easy to just make that up and say out of nowhere. My forum account is the same on their site for anyone that want's "proof" at least one of us played. I got a refund 2 weeks ago by having Capital One do a charge back. This game is nothing as advertised and a scam. It's not even buy once to play/win anymore. They add more pay to win features every time there is a new content update. Paying to more members in a guild was my last straw before I quit.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#107 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

http://youtu.be/RtKAm3nzg6I

Total Biscuit trashing the game and warning pc gamers, awesome.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="SystemsGO"]

Well, being that I haven't played War Z, I can't say for certain but specifically I was talking about the game I invested the most time in, which is Pripyat, the building models almost look identical to me. Anyway, I think it's a little unfair to say this game is a "Scam", it's a game, and may not be exactly polished but to see it's actively being worked on is nice. And yes, I do think the push was to get it out before Day Z's stand alone game, in which case I think this looks better. Nonetheless, PC gamers have always been such spoiled little brats, wanting everything to be perfectly how they envisioned it, or hell to be paid and I don't think that's fair and I do believe that is what gets us ostracized as a majority, from the small minority never pleased with anything whatsoever.

Either way, again I haven't followed, nor played the game, but I think the claims are a little over ambitious, unfair and kind of juvenile.

SystemsGO

I don't think you understand what the problem is. The steam page is advertising features that aren't even in the game yet and nowhere does it say that the game does not yet have these features. They're blatantly lying about what you're getting. They're leading users to belive that they are getting the game that is described on the steam page when in reality they are not. This isn't about the game being bad, it's about blatant false advertising.

In case you've been lost in the PC gaming world for a while, I think you've missed the fact that within PC gaming false advertising has forever run rampant. Crysis 2, was said to have DX11 by release, RAGE was supposed to have mod tools, we've never seen them. The list really goes on, but those two stick out to me. So again, I think this game is receiving unfair judgement.

Oh, OK. Since those 2 games did it it is OK for War Z to do it. What a terrible argument. Not to me mention those features for Crysis 2 and RAGE were never advertised on their product page so it's not really the same situation anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

kozzy1234

Loving it.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Wow, Steam made a mistake...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

NOW the Steam store page for this game has been updated. Look at the difference. Though now they are only lying about the size of the servers(can still only hold 50 people) and the fact that there is only one mode of play(normal).

warzsteamstoreupdated_zps5ed17d02.png

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Deadpool-n
I've played it, and I want my time back. It's dirt mate.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
yep still some mistakes on the store.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#114 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

kozzy1234

Watching it right now! Thanks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Destructoid just chimed in. I wonder where GameSpot is? I've sent their news editors quite a few PMs regarding this.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Destructoid just chimed in. I wonder where GameSpot is? I've sent their news editors quite a few PMs regarding this.

airshocker

Woohoo more coverage! :D

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#117 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Just signed the petition for full refunds of the game's purchase.

This is just sickening to see a developer do this, and it's things like this which are ruining the quality of our games.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MythPro1

This is just sickening to see a developer do this, and it's things like this which are ruining the quality of our games.

WiiMan21
We've always had bad games.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#119 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

MythPro1

Yes, but if this manages to succeed in what it's trying to do, then we're in for a good amount of bad games (concerning them being a scam).
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 MythPro1
[QUOTE="MythPro1"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

WiiMan21

Yes, but if this manages to succeed in what it's trying to do, then we're in for a good amount of bad games (concerning them being a scam).

I don't think it's going to "succeed". Well, over 4,000 people have bought the game on Steam, so who knows? As far as scam games go, I'd personally just scam people via kickstarter. Not go through the trouble of actually designing a playable game in order to do it.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 wis3boi

kozzy1234

That....that right there is hilarious and sad a the same time. Funny because I love TB, sad because people are buying this garbage game

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

wis3boi

That....that right there is hilarious and sad a the same time. Funny because I love TB, sad because people are buying this garbage game

Was jsut checking the WARZ forums and man do they hate TB over there now! hahaha :lol:

Need I say the TRUTH hurts?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#123 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
still up with changes, doesn't look like it will be removed. Still the top seller and seems rather convenient that it was released in the days leading up to christmas. You see quite a few people thinking this is the standalone version of Day Z.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

wis3boi

Its ok, I do restocking for the toys section at Target. Its sad to see the things that people buy. Angry Birds, Angry Birds everything.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]still up with changes, doesn't look like it will be removed. Still the top seller and seems rather convenient that it was released in the days leading up to christmas. You see quite a few people thinking this is the standalone version of Day Z.

I guess they really just wanted to get it out the door as quickly as possible.The game looks to be far from finished, and Day Z is just around the corner.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Iantheone

Its ok, I do restocking for the toys section at Target. Its sad to see the things that people buy. Angry Birds, Angry Birds everything.

Well...Angry Birds is actually pretty good. War Z? Not so much.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Iantheone
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] Well...Angry Birds is actually pretty good. War Z? Not so much.

$40 for some star wars Angry Birds Jenga? No. Its not good.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#128 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

There's a ton of people on the WarZ forums, i'm surprised, and the damage control because of that review is glorious. And the excuses people come up with there for the devs.. damn.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 kozzy1234

There's a ton of people on the WarZ forums, i'm surprised, and the damage control because of that review is glorious. And the excuses people come up with there for the devs.. damn.

Lucianu

I honestly cannot stop laughing at how loyal some of these people are to support a scam :lol:

The excuses for each of the epic failures is hilarious! :lol:

they want TB's head on a stick for telling people the truth, loving this :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Kotaku got in touch with the devs. Typical damage control.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 kozzy1234

still up with changes, doesn't look like it will be removed. Still the top seller and seems rather convenient that it was released in the days leading up to christmas. You see quite a few people thinking this is the standalone version of Day Z. nutcrackr

They even copied the word for the new version "Foundation Build" that rocket came up with awhile ago :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

still up with changes, doesn't look like it will be removed. Still the top seller and seems rather convenient that it was released in the days leading up to christmas. You see quite a few people thinking this is the standalone version of Day Z. nutcrackr

I feel bad for those who bought this thinking it was the DayZ standalone.

The Dayz standalone is the only game I'm really waiting for at the moment. It's going to be fantastic, and I'll throw whatever money I can towards it in support.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 kozzy1234

airshocker

Beating around the bush :lol:

He made no good excuses why all those features should be listed as in the game and why there is no "FOUNDATION OR EARLY BUILD" words on the steam store page for WARZ when its clearly not done.

i expected atleast some kind of clever response or excuse, but damn, hes really just making himself look bad :lol:

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] Well...Angry Birds is actually pretty good. War Z? Not so much.

Angry Birds sometimes has more gameplay hours than a full priced AAA Title, and it's a great game.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

airshocker

"I don't see 'LIE' in saying 'up to 100 players per sever' and having the current limit at 50 players."

That guy is ridiculous:P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Was jsut checking the WARZ forums and man do they hate TB over there now! hahaha :lol:

Need I say the TRUTH hurts?

kozzy1234

Oh god, this is hilarious.

They are calling him a crybaby :lol:

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

This has to be the worst, and at the same time best game release in a while.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

agpickle

"I don't see 'LIE' in saying 'up to 100 players per sever' and having the current limit at 50 players."

That guy is ridiculous:P

I don't know who to believe anymore....
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

wis3boi

Are all his videos this long? Jeez...

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Why is this still up on Steam? Take this sh*t down Valve.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Iantheone
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] Well...Angry Birds is actually pretty good. War Z? Not so much.

Angry Birds sometimes has more gameplay hours than a full priced AAA Title, and it's a great game.

Its not the game itself that bothers me. Its everything else that its name is associated with.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Iantheone"] $40 for some star wars Angry Birds Jenga? No. Its not good.

Its not the game itself that bothers me. Its everything else that its name is associated with.

Like Merchandising you mean? Well....when something is popular it tends to expand to other areas. Nothing wrong with fans being able to buy other things relating to the game.
Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

"As of right now over 93% of our customers like the game, with over 40% saying it's perfect and around 50% saying it's good, but they'd like to see more polishing and features. Yet, 4% don't like the game and decided not to play it, and 3% hate the game..."

Wait what??

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 wis3boi

"As of right now over 93% of our customers like the game, with over 40% saying it's perfect and around 50% saying it's good, but they'd like to see more polishing and features. Yet, 4% don't like the game and decided not to play it, and 3% hate the game..."

Wait what??

SimplyFatal

that's called pulling data out of your ass if I ever saw it

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="SimplyFatal"]

Wait what??

wis3boi

that's called pulling data out of your ass if I ever saw it

Pft, you must be one of the 3%....... hahahahahahahaha :P
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

wis3boi

You mean pubescent teens that play Minecraft 90 hours a week and buy hats in TF2 using mommy's credit card are buying The War Z. If I was 12 years old I wouldn't give a damn and be happy...
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#147 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

airshocker
Aha. So much bollox
Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

"I don't mind the 4-hour wait period, i think it's great...that is just me. Now what i am upset about is that quick revive is not working and i just you know like any normal person would do...click it a few times...just to make sure its actually broken...well it actually took my gc (300) or maybe [250] not sure but still, that makes me really upset and sad face . I am just warning you guys. Thank you- Phil"

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?79148-Do-not!-I-repeat-do-not-quick-revive!!!

Fail Hammerpoint

Poor guy.

ESB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#149 ESB
Member since 2003 • 139 Posts

Why is this still up on Steam? Take this sh*t down Valve.

Vari3ty
Why would they? They're making a ton of money (~30% cut on all sales) and are as responsible as the devs for this scam!