reasons why it's worth to be a PCgamer in 2008

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

Do you know where the game takes place? If it is in the middle east I would be in heaven!

inoperativeRS

That just sounds wrong in so many ways :P 

lol why?  That place is like the wild wild west!  I had alot of fun there :)

and some bad times...but we wont talk about that :P

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

I've added links to gamepages for every game :)AdrianWerner

Nice touch, IMHO this thread is now perfect :) 

oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts

awsome thread.

i cant wait for spore 

dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
FarCry2 and Elveon look Awesome in those pictures
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

A heads up, soon we'll know for sure as to the new Castle Wolfenstein scheduled for 2008,  STALKER Expansions to be announced in July, as well as the new "American McGee's: Grimm" to be revealed in PC Gamer July Issue.(shacknews.com). This list is gonna start getting stacked again :)

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

A heads up, soon we'll know for sure as to the new Castle Wolfenstein scheduled for 2008, STALKER Expansions to be announced in July, as well as the new "American McGee's: Grimm" to be revealed in PC Gamer July Issue.(shacknews.com). This list is gonna start getting stacked again :)

mismajor99

Castle Wolfenstein and a new American McGee for the PC? Wow first a great new CD by Megadeth and now this news, pinch me I must be dreaming :) 

Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#57 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts
[QUOTE="mismajor99"]

A heads up, soon we'll know for sure as to the new Castle Wolfenstein scheduled for 2008, STALKER Expansions to be announced in July, as well as the new "American McGee's: Grimm" to be revealed in PC Gamer July Issue.(shacknews.com). This list is gonna start getting stacked again :)

Krall

Castle Wolfenstein and a new American McGee for the PC? Wow first a great new CD by Megadeth and now this news, pinch me I must be dreaming :)

Megadeth has a new CD?! Is it any good? Like Youthenasia good.. or  Countdown to Extinction good?

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
Nice :) I'll keep an eye on this one, but 2007 does look slightly more interesting at the moment.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mismajor99

Nice :) I'll keep an eye on this one, but 2007 does look slightly more interesting at the moment._Pedro_

Same here, but it's still early. I mylself am anticipating the same games as you, except add in Hellgate and UT3. Does anyone have a strange feeling that we might be seeing UT3 in 08?    

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

UPDATE:

Subversion
Fourth Introversion game (after Uplink, Darwinia and Defcon)

Global Agenda
Tactical MMOFPS running on Unreal Engine 3.0

Dracula: Origin
From Frogwares, makers of Sherlock Holmes: the Awakened (8.3)

Operation Flashpoint 2

The Secret World
A MMO from makers of Age of Conan and Longest Journey franchise

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Isn't Guild Wars 2 coming out in 2008?
Costelino_5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Costelino_5000
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Don't Forget POSTAL 3
dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
I wonder how PES 7 will look.
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts
Ahhh! Ambrosia for the PC gamers. Thanks to Adrian for taking the time to make these threads, they are unique, and not wanting to invoke them fanboys or anything, but do the consoles have a thread like this?
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mismajor99

STARCRAFT 2!!

Hopefully = 2008 

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AdrianWerner

UPDATE:

Starcraft 2
Do really need to explain why? :)

Guild Wars 2
Sequel to 9.2 online RPG

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

Do you know where the game takes place? If it is in the middle east I would be in heaven!

dnuggs40

That just sounds wrong in so many ways :P

lol why? That place is like the wild wild west! I had alot of fun there :)

and some bad times...but we wont talk about that :P

I bet you had :P. I guess it's just my european mentality to think it's wrong to connect anything that has with weapons or wars to do to fun.

brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#68 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

Wow, already a 2008 edition in May.

Back on Topic,  My top 5 most anticipated games for 2008 would probably be:

1. StarCraft II
2. Guild Wars 2
3. Project Offset
4. Sins of a Solar Empire
5. Spore

I don't think APB will finish this year, but the community needs to support it before it turns to vaporware.  Cmon, its a game by the makers of GTA, and its like a GTA MMO. 

HoxtonHer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 HoxtonHer0
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm glad you take the time to do this. Thanks!
ilya123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ilya123
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts
PC Gaming is the best!  Always been, and always going to be!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
is this guy awesome or what???????
nytemarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 nytemarex
Member since 2003 • 157 Posts

I'm sick of Starcraft 2 Threads. YES Starcraft 2 will PROBABLY be the best game for 2008. Or it might be the biggest DISSAPOINTMENT. As far as I can see, it isn't super special like CoH, SupCom and WiC. Let see what Blizzard can deliever. Remember Infernal, Tiberian Sun, Daikatana etc etc... so much hype for nothing. Don't give high expectations for Starcraft 2 but hope for a great game from Blizzard.

Besides, all you Starcraft groupies, shut the **** up please.

zer0sil3nce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 zer0sil3nce
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
cant wait for all of em :)
masterdeviance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 masterdeviance
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

I'm sick of Starcraft 2 Threads. YES Starcraft 2 will PROBABLY be the best game for 2008. Or it might be the biggest DISSAPOINTMENT. As far as I can see, it isn't super special like CoH, SupCom and WiC. Let see what Blizzard can deliever. Remember Infernal, Tiberian Sun, Daikatana etc etc... so much hype for nothing. Don't give high expectations for Starcraft 2 but hope for a great game from Blizzard.

nytemarex

I think the reason most people are hyping SC2 up so much is because Blizzard has never given us any reason to doubt them. The company has never made a non AAA game, and so I see no reason to start doubting them now, especially when it comes to one of the franchise crown jewels.

Anyway, I'm most anticipating SC2 and Spore.

nytemarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 nytemarex
Member since 2003 • 157 Posts
[QUOTE="nytemarex"]

masterdeviance

I think the reason most people are hyping SC2 up so much is because Blizzard has never given us any reason to doubt them. The company has never made a non AAA game, and so I see no reason to start doubting them now, especially when it comes to one of the franchise crown jewels.

Anyway, I'm most anticipating SC2 and Spore.

I'm excited for SC2 myself. I, personally, think that Starcraft was one of the greatest games ever; BUT, do not act like stupid groupies. I thought that young girls screaming for BSB back in the days were bad but this is terrible.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Starcraft series but why wait on a single game. There are plenty of other great games out there other than Starcraft. To be honest, Starcraft was great at the time but not the ULTIMATE game that would've made RTS stop its production like how Freespace 2 just shattered all Sci-Fi Action.

So in essence, hold tight for Starcraft 2 but give the other games a chance.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
space reserved for future updates :)AdrianWerner
Don't you think your rushing things just a bit? I mean we aren't even half way through 07 yet and your already asking about 08. And on top of that, you have Guild Wars 2 up there and anybody and everybody that read the PC Gamer article knows it will be 09 at the earliest. So 08 is out of the question all together on that game, so it needs removed from your 08 list.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 l-_-l
Isn't Guild Wars 2 coming out in 2008?sonicare
No, the developer said 09 at the earliest, so no 08 for GW2.
sabru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#78 sabru8
Member since 2003 • 4144 Posts
I cannot wait for Alan Wake to come out.......2008 will surely be the year of the PC.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
This should be made sticky in the PC gamer forum!
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#80 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
wow, a third edition of your talent on finding all these great titles. i have to give it to you adrian.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]space reserved for future updates :)l-_-l
Don't you think your rushing things just a bit? I mean we aren't even half way through 07 yet and your already asking about 08. And on top of that, you have Guild Wars 2 up there and anybody and everybody that read the PC Gamer article knows it will be 09 at the earliest. So 08 is out of the question all together on that game, so it needs removed from your 08 list.

The 2008 thread was long overdue and since the "trade shows/events' seasons has begun it was the right time to make it.  

It's balancing act to be honest, there were many 08 games on my 07 list, I've kept them there untill 2008 thread was finished, I do have lots of space now though, maybe I should make an additional 2009 section there below multiplatforms. 

But no games could be put there yet . GW2 wasn't confirmed for 2009, Gamespot still lists it as 2008 game and Arenanet plans beta tests in second half of 2008. So untill they officialy annouce 09 release(which will happen most likely) I see no harm in leaving it here for the time beeing. 

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 l-_-l

[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]space reserved for future updates :)AdrianWerner

The 2008 thread was long overdue and since the "trade shows/events' seasons has begun it was the right time to make it.

It's balancing act to be honest, there were many 08 games on my 07 list, I've kept them there untill 2008 thread was finished, I do have lots of space now though, maybe I should make an additional 2009 section there below multiplatforms.

But no games could be put there yet . GW2 wasn't confirmed for 2009, Gamespot still lists it as 2008 game and Arenanet plans beta tests in second half of 2008. So untill they officialy annouce 09 release(which will happen most likely) I see no harm in leaving it here for the time beeing.

Well the huge article in PC Gamer where they talked to the makers of the game.....The makers themselves said it won't be out until 2009 or 2010. So gamespot has it wrong. I will listen to the developers over a gaming site, thanks :D I was just trying to help and make your list more accurate, but if you wish to keep it up there, well it's your thread, so do as you wish.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mismajor99

This will be the thread to check out once E3 passes and all of the mini conferences for different companies happen this summer, not to mention Liepzig(spelling) in Germany. This summer is packed with conventions, small and big.

Adrian, your the best man, keep up the good work :P 

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AdrianWerner

Well the huge article in PC Gamer where they talked to the makers of the game.....The makers themselves said it won't be out until 2009 or 2010. So gamespot has it wrong. I will listen to the developers over a gaming site, thanks :D I was just trying to help and make your list more accurate, but if you wish to keep it up there, well it's your thread, so do as you wish.l-_-l

I also listen to developers :)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162307

You've said you're expecting to go into beta with Guild Wars 2 in 2008 - does this mean you're hoping for a 2009 launch?

Jeff Strain: (laughs) No, we haven't made any statements about when the game will actually launch. The important part of going into beta is really to get meaningful feedback and still have the time to incorporate that feedback and make adjustments. We're not giving any kind of ship date but we are very confident that we'll be in public beta towards the latter half of next year.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 l-_-l

AdrianWerner

I don't know what your site said, and frankly, I don't care. As soon as I clicked on your link, I got a error message from Firefox saying a plug-in on that site preformed a illegel process or something like that and that I had to restart Firefox. But I couldn't because it also locked my pc up and I had to shut it off and reboot. So I won't be clicking any of your links ever again.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

l-_-l

I don't know what your site said, and frankly, I don't care. As soon as I clicked on your link, I got a error message from Firefox saying a plug-in on that site preformed a illegel process or something like that and that I had to restart Firefox. But I couldn't because it also locked my pc up and I had to shut it off and reboot. So I won't be clicking any of your links ever again.

Well...I included the whole quote so you wouldn't have to click the link to read it :) 

And I can't imaging CvG site doing anything bad to your PC, your Firefox propably is just acting up. 

komet999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 komet999
Member since 2005 • 520 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, nice job.

Gamerallmylife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Gamerallmylife
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Thanks AdrianWerner for doing these lists it's really nice to have a place to go online to get info on games without having to spend a lot of time searching for it. I know it must be a lot of work to keep it up to date, so I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all of the hard work.

PS. since this is my first post I thought I would talk a little about myself, I'm really into pc gaming. I thank xbox360, PS3, and the Wii are all nice but I'm more of a PC gamer, I started gaming on the PC about five years ago, and to this day I am still more into it I guess I'm just a PC gamer at heart :), plus I like being able to get in there and fix my system so that it's just right for me. oh by the way even know this is my first post I have been reading these forms for a while, so I'm not as much of a noob as I look lol, anyway, now that I've got started posting I guess you will be seeing a lot of me around here :D.

madman683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#89 madman683
Member since 2005 • 483 Posts

1) StarCraft II

2) Hellgate: London

3) Assassin'sCreed

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#90 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts

Did you just throw every 08 game on that list?  I'm mostly a pc gamer but most on that list are seemingly meh.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AdrianWerner

Did you just throw every 08 game on that list?  I'm mostly a pc gamer but most on that list are seemingly meh.

flclempire

nope. those lists don't include even 30% of annouced games. I just list those that have high chances of scoring at least 7.0 or higher 

Ninja_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ninja_Dog
Member since 2003 • 2615 Posts
sweet. i love these threads. great job. sticky!
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
Seems to be a lot of MMOs...
Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#94 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

AdrianWerner

Well...I included the whole quote so you wouldn't have to click the link to read it :)

And I can't imaging CvG site doing anything bad to your PC, your Firefox propably is just acting up.

He has too many add-ons me thinks.. make sure your No Script is configured as well as your Adblock, also use Site Advisor 

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#95 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to create these lists, they are great! I'm realy looking forward to Sacred 2 and Divine Divinity 2 but there are a lot of others on the list that look awesome.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
great job. :)
angelbeslin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 angelbeslin
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Good job for this Adrian.PC gamers can find a lot of things helpfull here.I just want to ask:Have some1 started making Fable 2 or is planning to?I am a great fan of Fable:The lost charpters and there is Fable 2 on PS2.I finished Fable 6 times and it never gets boring to me.That is my favourite RPG ever(i just HATE Oblivion)and Gothic was good but it had many bugs.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts

WOW

Great thread, jesus do i need to upgrade my comp :P

MAXimumGTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 MAXimumGTR
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
damn i so need guild wars 2,operation flashpoint 2,and assasin creed!
MAXimumGTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MAXimumGTR
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
.......................just bumping out....................making this thread sticky..................