reasons why it's worth to be a PCgamer in 2007

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#501 Gedus
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Great! As someone already said PC ain't dying!

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#502 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts
It's how many people BUY the games that decides if PC gaming is dying! Lot's of people thought that 2004 was a great year with Far Cry and Half Life 2, but the PC gaming hobby shrunk by 10%. Last year we had Oblivion and Heroes and the market shrunk again. Say 90% of gamers have a 7800, but 90% of the games need more than that, wouldn't the PC gaming market live or die based on how many people upgraded theri card, not how many PC games their were? It's alway's more complicated than a lot of gamers think......
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#503 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I have my reason. World War 2 online. End of my story.
Col-Neil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#504 Col-Neil
Member since 2004 • 1413 Posts
Wow deffinatly good reasons to be a PC gamer this year :D
fel_rossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#505 fel_rossi
Member since 2005 • 371 Posts
Disciples III: Renaissance é be3m da hora..
eu adoro esses jogos...
Eu sou foda;.. eu sou muito bom ..
Meu pc é fera!!

fel_rossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 fel_rossi
Member since 2005 • 371 Posts
Eu sou foda ... e já joguei todos esses jogos... e sou muito foda.....
Sou o foda Supremo... e Ninguem me vence!!
ninguem me vence em qualquer jogo .. .pois eu sou foda em todos os jogos...
Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!Eu sou foda!!
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#507 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
[QUOTE="Humorguy_basic"]It's how many people BUY the games that decides if PC gaming is dying! Lot's of people thought that 2004 was a great year with Far Cry and Half Life 2, but the PC gaming hobby shrunk by 10%. Last year we had Oblivion and Heroes and the market shrunk again. Say 90% of gamers have a 7800, but 90% of the games need more than that, wouldn't the PC gaming market live or die based on how many people upgraded theri card, not how many PC games their were? It's alway's more complicated than a lot of gamers think......

nah...the only thing that's shrinking is US retail market. US isn't the end of all market for pcgaming(unlike consoles), europe is doing well and most of all..the online is booming, it has grown by 1000% since 2001(from 200mln/year to 2billion/year in 2004). the growth of online sales(not only MMOs, they are merely half of online revenues) is bigger than the shrinking of retail. I wouldn't worry to much, if there would be something wrong going on with pc market you wouldn't see every damn big console publisher investing in pcgaming.
Jmaster3265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#508 Jmaster3265
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
Thanks for the list. But actually this isn't very good. Because, if you look at the majority of these games it looks like you'll need a great and super fast computer and graphics card. Which isn't exactly the average PC...
Coldsoul9077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 Coldsoul9077
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

and I'm now playing a game from 2002.. lol

SLAYERTHE1ST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 SLAYERTHE1ST
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts
the PC is the alto met gaming ma shin and no gaming systems  will never be able to bet the power of the computer cause the computer is always being upgraded there are always going to be newer and better games and even the older games have not gone out of stile and the PC is not only good for gaming but for thoughts people who might not want to play something that day can tern to massaging online TV music downloads act there is so much that the computer can do thats nothing well ever be able to match WOW is a good example that there has not been anything that can make a game like WOW and be able to hold the power of the game yea they might be experimenting with how they can get the computer game on the consuls but they have steel not been able to match anything the computer has to offer This is a real image of what the computer has came to be you can't get any realer then this right now now does any system games look like this even with a high quality HDTV 
jzedjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 jzedjz
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Crysis is definitely a must for me! :)
Dasc00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#512 Dasc00
Member since 2006 • 4308 Posts
I WANT ARMED ASSAULT!!!!!!!
Hat3br33d3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 Hat3br33d3r
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Below is a comprehensive list of all(at least I think so)promising PCgames slated for 2007 release.By "promising" I mean games with big chances of scoring at least AA, while extremely small chances of scoring below 7. I've tried choosing only games made by experienced developers(who made good games in the past) or for other reasons promising. Look here for a 2007 thread 2007
EXCLUSIVES
STRATEGY GAMES

Supreme Commander Spiritual successor of Total Annihilation(one of very best, if not THE best RTS games ever)..done by TA creators. AdrianWerner

Don't forget Oblivion and Dawn of War-Dark Crusade and Battle for Middle Earth II

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]Below is a comprehensive list of all(at least I think so)promising PCgames slated for 2007 release.By "promising" I mean games with big chances of scoring at least AA, while extremely small chances of scoring below 7. I've tried choosing only games made by experienced developers(who made good games in the past) or for other reasons promising. Look here for a 2007 thread 2007
EXCLUSIVES
STRATEGY GAMES

Supreme Commander Spiritual successor of Total Annihilation(one of very best, if not THE best RTS games ever)..done by TA creators. Hat3br33d3r

Don't forget Oblivion and Dawn of War-Dark Crusade and Battle for Middle Earth II

those are 2006 games and this is list about 2007 :)
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 AdrianWerner
Left 4 Dead needs to be put up in the Action section. Quite possibly the next big online obsession.spinoff
ermm..it is on the list :)
jasoncesario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#518 jasoncesario
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts
Super List bro. Many games I was unaware of that look great. Did you mention cell factor?? Sadly I fear half these games will roll over to 2008. What about duke forever....maybe 2010. But I am all for not rushing perfection.Works of art should take time. Where did you find the farcry 2 pic? Your post  has been the most intresting one yet. Thanks alot.
Psychotext

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519 Psychotext
Member since 2003 • 31 Posts
Excellent post.  Thanks. =)
jajabinks123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#520 jajabinks123
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts
Hey nice list.
But it's missing Lord of the rings, White Council
And the Mysterious star wars game both Quoted for 2007.
jwj442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 jwj442
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
If there are any "surprise" games this year (say some indy game that comes out of nowhere and is good), you'll add it to the list, right?
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522 AdrianWerner
If there are any "surprise" games this year (say some indy game that comes out of nowhere and is good), you'll add it to the list, right?
jwj442
of course
trey555555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#523 trey555555
Member since 2007 • 708 Posts
well the pc isnt really fading away, its just that not many have the money to build a gaming computer....if the prices for computers were between 200-300$ then there would be a major increase in computer gaming...i know many people who would not waste 1000-2000$ for a pc just for gaming, they rather have a xbox 360 for 300$ with lots of games...me im a all around gamer, i play my xbox 360 and my high end pc with 4gig of memory, the 7950 gx2 video card, and with a E6700 dual core 2 processor, and my case is modded with many things from water cooling, to lcd screens for temperature readings, because i like to overclock my processor...and i have a terabyte of hard drive space...its all on the pricing is what im trying to say....its mostly people between their 21's to 50's that are pc gamers because they have the money to buy a pc....i think by far that the pc is the best for gaming, the games arent so expensive either :D......the gaming experience is different from a console
Saerain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 Saerain

May I offer a title correction that immediately popped out at me?

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Blood should be: Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5bed148a4e1
deactivated-5e5bed148a4e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#525 deactivated-5e5bed148a4e1
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts
Oh god now I'll have to buy 90% of these games T_T
Naku_vamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 Naku_vamp
Member since 2005 • 90 Posts
wow im gonna get fat in 07 and go broke cus im prolly going to be playing games too muhc.....hey i can;t help it if a video game looks better than real life XD
Samulies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527 Samulies
Member since 2005 • 1658 Posts
god damn, awesome year :D

and OMG. bask in my awesome picture in my sig.

reconwg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 reconwg
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
Hey man great list what can I say good job. Looks like this year is going to rock. Buy a PC and stop crying console-fans. Keep up the good work! PCgamer07!!!
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#529 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Lot of great titles I'm rather pleased that Crytek have decided to focus directly on the PC version off the bat.
narf101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 narf101
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts
God so many awesome games to look forward to. Jagged Alliance is making a comeback?? Oh sh*t yes!!
jefferson1964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#531 jefferson1964
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts

Now thats a LIST, lol.... Im a xbox 360 and xbox owner and enjoy the games, however, NONE of the games can compete with RTS games which are my favorite. I just purchased a Dell XPS 710 to be able to play these games as my Sony Viao was showing its age at 3 years old.  I hope the XPS will keep me playing the top games for years to come....im still playing 2006 games and heck even have several games from 2003/04 and 05 i just purchased and not had time to play. It may be 08 before i can play 07 games, lol.....

I hear and read the PC is dying....I think the PC is the best gaming system anyone can own with the xbox and playstation are limited. I like the fact in COH that EVERYTHING is destructable while no games on either console can claim this feature.  I tried the RTS lord of the rings on Xbox 360 and it was nicely done but still does not come close to playing the game on a PC.  Maybe the next gen of consoles will give the PC a run for its money but again i think the PC will always be one step ahead and rule the RTS game genre.

dwarlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 dwarlf
Member since 2004 • 139 Posts

[QUOTE="Kensai_Akira"]Reason why it isn't worth to be a PCgamer in coming years:
how much you gonna spend for a high-end PC?
wheezal

nothing, i already have a high end PC that owns any console.  and it will last me a good 2 years before an upgrade and a good 4 to 5 years before i need another PC.

wow, this sounds really redundant..maybe it's because we already went over this point earlier in the thread and some people don't read the posts?

Nothing...except all that money you just spent... that will last 2 years before you spend a bunch more. way to prove a point.

TRY_Breeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 TRY_Breeze
I was really surprised you know that much, esp in teh case of NS2, it wasn't a large community.
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 Humorguy_basic
Hey nice list.
But it's missing Lord of the rings, White Council
And the Mysterious star wars game both Quoted for 2007.
jajabinks123
I think Lord of the Rings: White Council has been cancelled. In fact, expect a huge numbers of changes to this current list before 2007 is out! :)
Jmaster3265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 Jmaster3265
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
Yeah so many awesome looking games...but it seems to me like they will have high requirements and require a good graphics card if not more...
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 Humorguy_basic
Between hardware demands and what they actually play like and the fact that alot of them are very similar, meaning you wouldn't buy all of them and you would only buy the best one or two of the same type of games, who knows what this list will mean to PC gaming this year!
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#537 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
WOW this is 2004 ( Argubably the best year of gaming so far in the 21st century) times 10
Avatar image for Lone_Warrior_66
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#538 Lone_Warrior_66
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
Very nice post xD. WoW TBC, CnC 3, Supreme Commander Oh yea 2007 is gonna be a great year.
SabuJSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 SabuJSE
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
Outside of Hellgate:London, Vampyre Story, and Supreme Commander, not much personally interests me on the PC. I'm done with MMO's and already enjoy AoE III and BME2 so CnC holds no interest for me.
MindlessBTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 MindlessBTCH
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

1st of all, GREAT post!

Secondly, I have been tracking future releases of Jagged Alliance for years... I had high hopes for Brigade E5 (same guy that worked on JA), but it turned out to suck! I know Strategy First has JA3D and JA3 on their site (they have the license), JA3D to be the 1st one. Both are being developed by Mystland South (Russian Dev.)...

Here's my question regarding JA3D, has anything chnaged? Is Mystland still working on it (I can't seem to connect to their website!?)? How does Nival fit into the picture? I love S2 and S3 and would love their involment, but last time I checked Mystland was creating their own engine to power JA3D...

Any deffinate release dat for JA3D? :)

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 Humorguy_basic

1st of all, GREAT post!

Secondly, I have been tracking future releases of Jagged Alliance for years... I had high hopes for Brigade E5 (same guy that worked on JA), but it turned out to suck! I know Strategy First has JA3D and JA3 on their site (they have the license), JA3D to be the 1st one. Both are being developed by Mystland South (Russian Dev.)...

Here's my question regarding JA3D, has anything chnaged? Is Mystland still working on it (I can't seem to connect to their website!?)? How does Nival fit into the picture? I love S2 and S3 and would love their involment, but last time I checked Mystland was creating their own engine to power JA3D...

MindlessBTCH
Do a search for Silent Storm, look at the screenshots and gameplay style and the reviews, and pretty much expect the same for JA3.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
Outside of Hellgate:London, Vampyre Story, and Supreme Commander, not much personally interests me on the PC. I'm done with MMO's and already enjoy AoE III and BME2 so CnC holds no interest for me. SabuJSE

man.. what took you so long to post on the forums?
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 Humorguy_basic
There is no 'link' for the Far Cry info I gave. So of course it's a lie, right? Well, before you call me a liar, you go and give me a link for specific unit sales of ANY hit PC title. I mean a link that tells me how many units it sold in it's first month of release, then second month, then third month, then gives an overall unit sales total, you won't, because they don't exist!

I took the info from the fact that here in the UK Far Cry only got to No.5 and was out of the chart within 4 months. Conversely, when it went onto a budget label for £9.99, it stayed at No.1 or No.2 for 8-9 months. Given that budget PC games in the UK account for about 40% of all sales, it is logical to assume, given that it only takes 150,000 units to get to No.1 in th UK PC games chart (Hence the Sims permanantly in the Top 10) that Far Cry sold more units on budget than it did full price during the year of release. I think 8-9 months at No.1 in the budget chart is certainly going to generate higher sales than half that amount of time half way down the Top 10 full price chart.

Most PC games, by the way, will sell more on budget than full price, purely because as a full price game, the title will be on shelves for 2 or 3 months, on average, but as a budget title will be on the shleves and revolving racks for years. And the big titles sell continually; titles like Half Life (1), Far Cry, Homeworld, Medieval Total War(1), etc. Some titles, due to hardware demands at the time of release and mainstream gamers 'catching up' do very well on budget the year after the full price game is released as that next year they have a better PC that will run the game. Morrowind is a good example of this, for example.

A personal example of this is my PC won't run Oblivion, but I will be getting a new PC this year, so will pick up Oblivion, probably on budget. The exact same thing may happen this year with Crysis. It is not that unusual, especially for games that have high hardware demands at the time of release.
MindlessBTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 MindlessBTCH
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
[QUOTE="MindlessBTCH"]

1st of all, GREAT post!

Humorguy_basic

Do a search for Silent Storm, look at the screenshots and gameplay style and the reviews, and pretty much expect the same for JA3.

So you are saying that JA3 will be using Silent Storm's engine??? I have Silent Storm and Sentinals, both great games... Nival also did a good job with HoMM:)

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 Humorguy_basic
MindlessBTCH, well, I think this thread uses a Silent Storm screenshot representing the JA3 game and everything I have seen does point to that, so yes, that would be my bet. I have Silent Storm and Sentinels, and yes they did quite well, but were your typical good game let down by the PC distribution method and PC gaming media. My hope was for a Jagged Alliance in full 3D like Oblivion or Far Cry, but with all the depth of the original games.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 AdrianWerner

1st of all, GREAT post!

MindlessBTCH
Strategy First took both JA3 and Disciples3 from Mistland and gave them to new devs. Disciples3 dev are guys from Akella under new company and JA3 devs are people from Nival, they will be using modified silent storm engine, and release date? In US somewhere in 2008 propably
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547 AdrianWerner
There is no 'link' for the Far Cry info I gave. So of course it's a lie, right? Well, before you call me a liar, you go and give me a link for specific unit sales of ANY hit PC title. I mean a link that tells me how many units it sold in it's first month of release, then second month, then third month, then gives an overall unit sales total, you won't, because they don't exist!

I took the info from the fact that here in the UK Far Cry only got to No.5 and was out of the chart within 4 months. Conversely, when it went onto a budget label for £9.99, it stayed at No.1 or No.2 for 8-9 months. Given that budget PC games in the UK account for about 40% of all sales, it is logical to assume, given that it only takes 150,000 units to get to No.1 in th UK PC games chart (Hence the Sims permanantly in the Top 10) that Far Cry sold more units on budget than it did full price during the year of release. I think 8-9 months at No.1 in the budget chart is certainly going to generate higher sales than half that amount of time half way down the Top 10 full price chart.

Most PC games, by the way, will sell more on budget than full price, purely because as a full price game, the title will be on shelves for 2 or 3 months, on average, but as a budget title will be on the shleves and revolving racks for years. And the big titles sell continually; titles like Half Life (1), Far Cry, Homeworld, Medieval Total War(1), etc. Some titles, due to hardware demands at the time of release and mainstream gamers 'catching up' do very well on budget the year after the full price game is released as that next year they have a better PC that will run the game. Morrowind is a good example of this, for example.

A personal example of this is my PC won't run Oblivion, but I will be getting a new PC this year, so will pick up Oblivion, probably on budget. The exact same thing may happen this year with Crysis. It is not that unusual, especially for games that have high hardware demands at the time of release.
Humorguy_basic
well..but budget releases are quite profiable on pc, much more than on consoles(where the over 10$ fee from each copy severly hurst the re-release potential) anyway...Far cry was quite a big hit. It sold over 730K copies in first four months http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/index.php?p=59&art_id=60&vars=c2VuZGVyPUFMTCZjb21faWQ9MjUwJmZpbHRlcl90eXBlPS0xJmZpbHRlcl9tb250aD0tMSZmaWx0ZXJfeWVhcj0yMDA0
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 AdrianWerner
I think this thread uses a Silent Storm screenshot representing the JA3 game and everything I have seen does point to thatHumorguy_basic
there were no such characters in SS :) It's genuine JA3 screenshot, not ss one
herodotus2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#549 herodotus2006
Member since 2006 • 833 Posts
"Far Cry" is crap!!!! C'mon....it is! PC Gaming is on the downslide (look @ "ST-Legacy" and "Battelstations Midway"). Both for 360, and the poor port PC. Used to be the other way round. Distributors are looking @ consoles, not us PC gamers. We are on the downslide. Does anyone outside the industry realize this?
SgtColin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550 SgtColin
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts
I Am a Gamer :)