reasons why it's worth to be a PCgamer in 2007

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Despair666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#451 Despair666
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts
very nice line up, cant wait :)
Dukerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#452 Dukerboy
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
The new and improved Planetside. If the mods do what the players want of course.
harveyherridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#453 harveyherridge
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
I have bought 4 games this year (a record) but all of them were released either last year or the year before (they are just as good! but cheaper). I don't think games have been too impressive this year.
Avatar image for Supreme_Fantasy
Supreme_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#454 Supreme_Fantasy
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
PC games is excel for stratrgies and shooting games..
DouglasBuffone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#455 DouglasBuffone
Member since 2004 • 9421 Posts
looks kewl
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#456 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts

DAMN those graphics are awesome! DX10 is gonna rock those consoles!

I was thinkin of quitting gaming after disapointments like NWN 2 but looks like there is no way out!

I cant wait for Unreal Engine 3 it looks so great nothing like we have ever seen. I have to buy a new PC again somebody save meeee!

tepkisiz
Love the optimism, but if you were all exited at NWN2 and then disappointed with the reality, why do you think it will be different with the games on this list? Do what I do, just stay calm until you see the white of their eyes (user reviews) !!! Because every publishr is going to tell you their game is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. They're not going to tell you that in truth the game is shallow and full of bugs are they? So once again, I say, given the state of PC gaming at the moment, keep your powder dry! Most of these games will probably not be buyable for one reason or another, so let's just wait and see. Cool heads always win the day! :)
TormentPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 TormentPhoenix
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

You forgot to put Duke Nukem Forever on the list.  :P

-Wolfy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 -Wolfy-
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
Perfect reason is I built a PC just for all the new 07 games :P WOOT here I come vista ... now just gota save for vista ....
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#459 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think project offset is being made by creators of savage. s2games created savage and is creating savage2, offset is creating project offset.
pidow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#460 pidow
Member since 2002 • 2129 Posts
Thanks not only for the list of games,  it is good to know that  someone thinks like I do about PCgames and the existance of pcgamer's in general.  Well done!.
Phaze3031

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 Phaze3031
Member since 2004 • 173 Posts
take that consoles. That's awesome dude, thanks a bunch.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think project offset is being made by creators of savage. s2games created savage and is creating savage2, offset is creating project offset.MTBare
After Savage was completed three leads from S2Games left the company to form Offset
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 AdrianWerner
More updates, I've decided to include screens of the new stuff I'm adding with each update, so poeople don't have to do CTRL+F on main page :) UPDATES I've changed Jagged Alliance 3 entry, the project has been canceled and taken away from MistLand studios. But the news are very good, JA3 project has been restarted and given to newly formed studio composed mostly of ex-Nival people(especialy the Silent Storm guys). Remember SS? The bright shining star on empty sky of tactical turn-based gaming? :) Not only that, they will be using highly modified Silent Storm engine(they improved not only graphics, but what's important also the already great physics). here's a screenshot:  the recent developments make me very hopeful for how JA3 will turn out. I've also added Mythos- new hack and slash RPG developed at Flagship Studios Seattle by lead designer of Fate  and I've added real screen for Left4Dead, it's crappy quality, but better than concept art
donkey35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 donkey35
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts
Add a better picture for crysis. The one that shows the gun and hes in a jungle.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 AdrianWerner
Add a better picture for crysis. The one that shows the gun and hes in a jungle. donkey35
I'm regulary changing screens for crysis :) that jungle pic was in the thread for many months, I got bored with it :) For now I will use this
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts
remember to add new guild wars in 2007:) new campaign in summer
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 AdrianWerner
remember to add new guild wars in 2007:) new campaign in summerLuffyTubby
a as soon as they announce the name and give us some screens :)
kakishi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#468 kakishi1
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts
:) cant wait, im getting my pc at the beggining of 07 and cant wait for this years line up to come, and i have all of 05-06 to work on too lol.  I have alot of gaming ahead of me, goodbye social life.
BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 BeyondItAll
Member since 2006 • 1739 Posts
PLEASE Change that Supreme Commander Pic FFS!

Heres two good ones

Decado_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 Decado_basic
Member since 2002 • 4030 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"] I've changed Jagged Alliance 3 entry, the project has been canceled and taken away from MistLand studios. But the news are very good, JA3 project has been restarted and given to newly formed studio composed mostly of ex-Nival people(especialy the Silent Storm guys). Remember SS? The bright shining star on empty sky of tactical turn-based gaming? :) Not only that, they will be using highly modified Silent Storm engine(they improved not only graphics, but what's important also the already great physics).

Isn't JA3 in 2008? I agree that it is a big step up from MistLand (who will, know doubt, never make anything more than crap), but the news isn't all good and we're not quite sure what part (if any) of the S2 team is involved (official work is ex-Nival employees). I will be truly hyped if it turns out well, though.
bober182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 bober182
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"] I've changed Jagged Alliance 3 entry, the project has been canceled and taken away from MistLand studios. But the news are very good, JA3 project has been restarted and given to newly formed studio composed mostly of ex-Nival people(especialy the Silent Storm guys). Remember SS? The bright shining star on empty sky of tactical turn-based gaming? :) Not only that, they will be using highly modified Silent Storm engine(they improved not only graphics, but what's important also the already great physics). Decado_basic
Isn't JA3 in 2008? I agree that it is a big step up from MistLand (who will, know doubt, never make anything more than crap), but the news isn't all good and we're not quite sure what part (if any) of the S2 team is involved (official work is ex-Nival employees). I will be truly hyped if it turns out well, though.

its coming out march 2008 im pumped

abacus55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 abacus55
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
Great rundown!  Although I think Halfllife, Episode 2 won't even make it until 2008.  I hope you are right about PCs being a viable platform.  Unfortunately, many companies are jumping on the othre boxes.  Interesting to see what quality comes out for PCs in the near future.  
xmg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 xmg0
Member since 2005 • 1060 Posts
I looked at every single picture and I agreed! Glad to be a PC gamer.

Shawnzee_102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 Shawnzee_102
Member since 2004 • 3753 Posts
I see nothing on that list worth getting.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="Decado_basic"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"] I've changed Jagged Alliance 3 entry, the project has been canceled and taken away from MistLand studios. But the news are very good, JA3 project has been restarted and given to newly formed studio composed mostly of ex-Nival people(especialy the Silent Storm guys). Remember SS? The bright shining star on empty sky of tactical turn-based gaming? :) Not only that, they will be using highly modified Silent Storm engine(they improved not only graphics, but what's important also the already great physics).

Isn't it 2008 in Us, not Russia? Anyway... it needs to be hyped, so untill I make 2008 version of this thread(propably around late april) it wll stay here :)
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 AdrianWerner
I see nothing on that list worth getting.Shawnzee_102
trolls aren't welcome here
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 Humorguy_basic
[QUOTE="Decado_basic"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"] I've changed Jagged Alliance 3 entry, the project has been canceled and taken away from MistLand studios. But the news are very good, JA3 project has been restarted and given to newly formed studio composed mostly of ex-Nival people(especialy the Silent Storm guys). Remember SS? The bright shining star on empty sky of tactical turn-based gaming? :) Not only that, they will be using highly modified Silent Storm engine(they improved not only graphics, but what's important also the already great physics).

I thought it was 2008 too, but then I think a lot of the games being mentioned are going to be 2008, and some not at all. Also, I don't quite get it with JA3. If it is being produced using the Silent Storm Engine, didn't those games bomb? I mean, weren't they typical of games from smaller publishers, like Space Rangers 2 for example, that got good reviews but gamers hardly bought any copies because they were hard to find anf gamers couldn't be bothered to find them (not in large numbers anyway!)?

It's why I think it will be a tough year, because a lot of people in this thread are not living in the real world. For example, Supreme Commander may do well in the RTS field, but I bet none of the others do. There are too many 'lookalike' games in this list. I can see the first one out or the best known one doing well, but the one's that come out later in the year will just be called copycats and gamers will say 'this is very much like the game I have already spent good money on, so i'll pass. That's why the quantity of games isn't where it counts, it's how wide a range of games there are. That is mostly missing from this list, so I think you can discount a good 60% of them right of the bat. We need as wide a range on PC as we do on console. But you know what, if a cutesy educational platform style game for kids was due out, it wouldn't matter how good it look or how educational it was, it wouldn't get added to this list, and that's a shame. Becuase if it was a console game it WOULD get added. That is very dangerous for PC gaming...
Decado_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 Decado_basic
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="Decado_basic"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"] I've changed Jagged Alliance 3 entry, the project has been canceled and taken away from MistLand studios. But the news are very good, JA3 project has been restarted and given to newly formed studio composed mostly of ex-Nival people(especialy the Silent Storm guys). Remember SS? The bright shining star on empty sky of tactical turn-based gaming? :) Not only that, they will be using highly modified Silent Storm engine(they improved not only graphics, but what's important also the already great physics).

Isn't it 2008 in Us, not Russia? Anyway... it needs to be hyped, so untill I make 2008 version of this thread(propably around late april) it wll stay here :)

That reasoning works for me :)
Decado_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 Decado_basic
I thought it was 2008 too, but then I think a lot of the games being mentioned are going to be 2008, and some not at all. Also, I don't quite get it with JA3. If it is being produced using the Silent Storm Engine, didn't those games bomb? I mean, weren't they typical of games from smaller publishers, like Space Rangers 2 for example, that got good reviews but gamers hardly bought any copies because they were hard to find anf gamers couldn't be bothered to find them (not in large numbers anyway!)?

It's why I think it will be a tough year, because a lot of people in this thread are not living in the real world. For example, Supreme Commander may do well in the RTS field, but I bet none of the others do. There are too many 'lookalike' games in this list. I can see the first one out or the best known one doing well, but the one's that come out later in the year will just be called copycats and gamers will say 'this is very much like the game I have already spent good money on, so i'll pass. That's why the quantity of games isn't where it counts, it's how wide a range of games there are. That is mostly missing from this list, so I think you can discount a good 60% of them right of the bat. We need as wide a range on PC as we do on console. But you know what, if a cutesy educational platform style game for kids was due out, it wouldn't matter how good it look or how educational it was, it wouldn't get added to this list, and that's a shame. Becuase if it was a console game it WOULD get added. That is very dangerous for PC gaming...
Humorguy_basic
The Silent Storm games did poorly in N. America...but then so did Jagged Alliance. The strength of both those franchises are in Europe (particularly Germany) where JA sells particularly well. A lot of it comes down to the ability of the publisher to push the titles. The PC is the worst platform when it comes to deserving games getting rushed and not supported by publishers. I usually can't get hyped for games developed in Eastern European countries since there are yet more barriers. I think there is more variety on the PC than there are on consoles. It is, unfortunately, more difficult to find, though. I think the biggest drain on the PC industry is PC developers multiplatforming with consoles or dropping the PC platform alltogether. Without talent great games can't be made. Both budget and talent seems to be drifting the way of consoles.
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Humorguy_basic
Oh yea, and I was hoping either Jagged Alliance or Fallout 3 would be done Oblivion style. But at Bethesda I guess that sort of treatment is only for their fantasy games...... Shame the money is always put in the wrong direction. JA in SS engine not the most exciting news when you thought for months/years that it wouldl be 'Oblivion'ish.
Avatar image for DaMooseOfDaApoc
DaMooseOfDaApoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 DaMooseOfDaApoc
Member since 2005 • 275 Posts

Who else here gets a sense of pride when reading this topic and at the same time owning a P.C? See, thats what I like. We understand teamwork in multiplayer games, we have better speed, graphics, accuracy, and outlooks. An example is how we all arent going:  " WELL CRYSUS Is SHUR GOnna BEAT GameA Bcuz It Looks Way BTR!!! lLOl11lolL!O!LAsparagusloQkal!"- we dont argue about games on the same system (GoW and Halo series, anyone?). That, and we all know that when it comes straight down to it, we can kill consle players in multiplayer games, and we`re downright superior. Call me fanboy, but I feel like I can say that because 1. this is about P.C games, and hardcore console fanboys shouldnt come here to troll in the first place, and 2. Its the truth!

P.S- Adrian, you are now proclaimed god for making this topic.

JDFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#482 JDFS
Member since 2006 • 664 Posts

Who else here gets a sense of pride when reading this topic and at the same time owning a P.C? See, thats what I like. We understand teamwork in multiplayer games, we have better speed, graphics, accuracy, and outlooks. An example is how we all arent going:  " WELL CRYSUS Is SHUR GOnna BEAT GameA Bcuz It Looks Way BTR!!! lLOl11lolL!O!LAsparagusloQkal!"- we dont argue about games on the same system (GoW and Halo series, anyone?). That, and we all know that when it comes straight down to it, we can kill consle players in multiplayer games, and we`re downright superior. Call me fanboy, but I feel like I can say that because 1. this is about P.C games, and hardcore console fanboys shouldnt come here to troll in the first place, and 2. Its the truth!

P.S- Adrian, you are now proclaimed god for making this topic.

DaMooseOfDaApoc

yeah I agree with it...

And thanks Adrian for this great thread, now I know all the games I'll be stalking.

Jmaster3265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 Jmaster3265
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
Thanks for the list. But actually this isn't very good. Because, if you look at the majority of these games it looks like you'll need a great and super fast computer and graphics card. Which isn't exactly the average PC...
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="Shawnzee_102"]I see nothing on that list worth getting.Shawnzee_102
trolls aren't welcome here

Dont be mad because all the games look like shyte.

i'm not mad, I never tread trolls like you seriously.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 AdrianWerner
Oh yea, and I was hoping either Jagged Alliance or Fallout 3 would be done Oblivion style. But at Bethesda I guess that sort of treatment is only for their fantasy games...... Shame the money is always put in the wrong direction. JA in SS engine not the most exciting news when you thought for months/years that it wouldl be 'Oblivion'ish.Humorguy_basic
Oh...god.. get ..away... from....me.... fallout3 being Oblivion with guns in the worst nightmare fallout fans have :( and how the hell could JA be made Oblivion style?
Decado_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 Decado_basic
[QUOTE="Humorguy_basic"]Oh yea, and I was hoping either Jagged Alliance or Fallout 3 would be done Oblivion style. But at Bethesda I guess that sort of treatment is only for their fantasy games...... Shame the money is always put in the wrong direction. JA in SS engine not the most exciting news when you thought for months/years that it wouldl be 'Oblivion'ish.AdrianWerner
Oh...god.. get ..away... from....me.... fallout3 being Oblivion with guns in the worst nightmare fallout fans have :( and how the hell could JA be made Oblivion style?

Hopefully he's just trying to be funny (his nick is Humorguy, afterall). That or it is "teh mainstream strikes again!"

Personally I had rather see the Fallout franchise fade away than Bethesda get their hands on it and screw it up.  Didn't work out, unfortunately.  Fallout 3 will be a consolized POS.  Hardcore fans will howl when it is released.
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 Humorguy_basic
What I meant by 'Oblivionized' was having that amount of money spent on Fallout 3 and having fallout 3 in exactly the same detailed 3D desert world rather than 2.5d. maybe I should have said 'Morrowindized'!! Mostly I meant the money sepnt on Fallout 3 they spent on Oblivion.

Also I think there should now be a linked thread where people can say how many of the listed games will run on their machine! :)
kimo_word

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 kimo_word
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Thank u man very good ..
xxLordDavidxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 xxLordDavidxx
Member since 2005 • 685 Posts
Yeah, great thread. I'll be sure to keep a close eye on the games posted here.
Mozo336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 Mozo336
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
Very cool.  All hail to PC
Cozzie_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 Cozzie_92
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
one of the beat and most detailed threads ive ever seen
J_NICKX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 J_NICKX
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Wow...so many cool games...can't wait to see all the best game..especially command & conquer 3 and hellgate:london
sdcazares1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#494 sdcazares1980
Member since 2002 • 309 Posts

[QUOTE="Rotherden"]Game 2 hooah to that brotha... What some ignorent people dont get is: console gaming is only possible with pc's. Therefore PC will always have the better hardware...The real question is are gamming companies now turning their heads towards the consoles? maybe...GRAW for PC was half-assed compared to the Xbox360 in my opinion....anyways i have already used my 2 cents...
titomag

GRAW is still really good game for PC, alot of people prefer GRAW on Xbox 360 because it has a nicer graphic engine. And PC gaming is getting support for even Namco, Midway and THQ, those guys only made games for consoles. Even if our precious PC games get ported, dont matter really. The PC versions is the true king and will most likely have the free online play and mods :lol:

we all must understand that the consoles are suppose to be the ultimate gaming experience, a PC is what you make it to be.....it will do everything you want it to, not just made for gaming...its why consoles have the upper hand when it comes to gaming.

From your last paragraph, that is true, but I contend that PC can do a lot more than consoles, especially in the fighting games. Why can't PC be better than the consoles with all the technological potential it has?
sdcazares1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#495 sdcazares1980
Member since 2002 • 309 Posts

Are there any gta games for pc?

ingete

GTA III, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas.  All of them are good PC ports.  Note to PC developers:  Take note of the GTA, KOTOR, Tom Clancy, Battlefront, Oblivion and EA Sports series - console-to-PC ports work too.

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 Humorguy_basic
I think ingete was asking if there were any 2007 and beyond GTA games coming out for the PC, and at the moment, that seems unlikely.
glass-jaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 glass-jaw
windows vista and DIRECTX 10 woohoo well when there are games that take full use of it that is but still woohoo
jazilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#498 jazilla
Member since 2005 • 2320 Posts
I just like games, and if I could I would own every console, and a top-end PC.
glass-jaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 glass-jaw
i got the 360 and ps3 yeah there graphics are nice but when badboy directx 10 is let go into the wild look out
... im going to bed wake me up when its out ZzZzzzZzZzZZ
_Kazi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 _Kazi_
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts

Damn! there were soooo many FPS there, I was begining to think there were dieing out for PC. Nice to see Portal, FarCry 2 and Enemy Territory: Quake wars there as well.

Well thats me sorted for the next three or so years 8)

Horray first post, (i'm new) :)