Pc gaming is dying?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fidaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fidaii
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
MS giving us halo2 which is a 3 years old game while halo3 coming out on 360 soon, call of duty 3? Graw series games totally different from pc versions( they suck like hell) ,Gta4 coming on consoles then year after on pc?Whats going on?
venomblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 venomblack
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
Next time, research upcoming PC games before ever posting a thread claiming PC gaming is dying. I hear there's this thing called Direct X 10 coming out. Should be kind of dandy.
fidaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fidaii
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
So u wanna tell me u have np with consoles taking most of your games? also i **** from above on directx 10 if they not realising the game i like,i wanna play call of duty 3 ,i wanna play gta4 when it comes to all platforms not a year after.
opollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 opollo
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts

Dx10 hmmm thing is you need to upgrade and if you already have

vista on ur pc and want to buy another cpu or gfx card u better have a

bottomless wallet for another OS.

venomblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 venomblack

So u wanna tell me u have np with consoles taking most of your games?fidaii
I don't play console ports on my PC. I play PC Games on my PC.

Supreme Commander. C&C 3, Quake Wars, UT 2007, Crysis, Hellgate London, need I go on?

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts
Im sick of these threads.  There are great games comming out for all platforms all the time.  I personally am getting a 360 just for Forza 2, but will always play PC games.  But yes I am looking forward to Forza 2 more than any other games on PC, 360, PS3, or Wii this year!
RazorGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RazorGR
Member since 2005 • 1605 Posts
The day PC gaming dies is the day gaming in general dies.

NO, pc gaming is NOT dying. It never was and never will. PERIOD.
venomblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 venomblack

opollo
Vista basic is 99 dollars. And wait for DX 10 cards to become affordable. ATI hasn't even released theirs yet. And if you can't afford to upgrade your PC now and then, well I'm sorry to say it, but PC gaming probably isn't your thing.
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts
no, no, no, and NO, it is not dying get over it.
Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

[QUOTE="fidaii"]So u wanna tell me u have np with consoles taking most of your games?venomblack

Supreme Commander. C&C 3, Quake Wars, UT 2007, Crysis, Hellgate London, need I go on?

Yes, yes you do need to go on...but here, let me give ya a hand (caution should be exercised...heavy image use, so 56k = bad)
dar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dar_
Member since 2003 • 8762 Posts
Yes, PC gaming is dying, the aliens are coming for us, and DNF will come out next week, and before the end of the year we'll find an infinite source of free energy.
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Not dying, but losing ground yes.
FlameMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 FlameMe
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
PC Gaming has a much more dedicated and tight nit fan base then consoles, because it requires more work/money to stay on top of the latest hardware and updates. I feel PC games are fare superior to consoles in quality and controls most times, but again PC gaming is a more expensive hobby. I can't ever foresee PC gaming dying off. Go to South Korea and almost no one plays console games, its all about the PC there.
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 basersx

PC Gaming has a much more dedicated and tight nit fan base then consoles, because it requires more work/money to stay on top of the latest hardware and updates. I feel PC games are fare superior to consoles in quality and controls most times, but again PC gaming is a more expensive hobby. I can't ever foresee PC gaming dying off. Go to South Korea and almost no one plays console games, its all about the PC there.FlameMe

I have been to Seoul.  Didn't really notice that.  But then again I was busy working and meeting girls and not really paying attention to games ;)

FlameMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 FlameMe
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts

[QUOTE="FlameMe"]PC Gaming has a much more dedicated and tight nit fan base then consoles, because it requires more work/money to stay on top of the latest hardware and updates. I feel PC games are fare superior to consoles in quality and controls most times, but again PC gaming is a more expensive hobby. I can't ever foresee PC gaming dying off. Go to South Korea and almost no one plays console games, its all about the PC there.basersx

I have been to Seoul. Didn't really notice that. But then again I was busy working and meeting girls and not really paying attention to games ;)

well I've never been but my statement was based off a news story i read that that something like 30% of the population play games on there PC's...I could be wrong though
stevo232345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stevo232345
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts
PC Gaming will never die. Look at the console competion. Wii is just a gamecube with a cool remote, Ps3 is diggin itself in a hole with the crap they are releasing and the price of their system. The only console I think that can compare to PC gaming is the XBOX360. The only problem there is that we usually end up getting the games too. PC Gaming will probably become more popular now that the consoles have lost their 15 minutes of amusement.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
So u wanna tell me u have np with consoles taking most of your games? also i **** from above on directx 10 if they not realising the game i like,i wanna play call of duty 3 ,i wanna play gta4 when it comes to all platforms not a year after.
fidaii
So go get a 360. Pretty simple solution here. There will always be games on PC that won't work on consoles, and consoles will always have the Halo's, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy and MGS.
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

MS giving us halo2 which is a 3 years old game while halo3 coming out on 360 soon, call of duty 3? Graw series games totally different from pc versions( they suck like hell) ,Gta4 coming on consoles then year after on pc?Whats going on?fidaii

Hmmm let's see....

Half life 2 was released on pc first. Doom was released on pc first. Call of duty 1 and 2 released on pc first, and Call of duty 3 sucked because it came out on pc first.

Crysis, the best looking game right now is coming exclusively on pc.

Alan wake, Max payne, Oblivion and more great titles are coming to pc first, so what are u complaining about?

rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts
[QUOTE="venomblack"]

[QUOTE="fidaii"]So u wanna tell me u have np with consoles taking most of your games?Ein-7919

Yes, yes you do need to go on...but here, let me give ya a hand (caution should be exercised...heavy image use, so 56k = bad)

OP OWNED
vicscrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vicscrape
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

RazorGR

8)
mameiraox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mameiraox
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Not dying, but losing ground yes. EntwineX

lol, loosing ground where? just WoW has 10million players? theres no counter strike in consoles? LOL theres no cod2 in consoles?

since when we are loosing our games since halo is a console game?

Now just to make u all consoles fan boys cry.

CONSOLE GAMES ARE MADE IN PC'S.

also, pc gaming is for rich ppl. thx.
Mediocre_man90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mediocre_man90
Member since 2006 • 968 Posts

Hey guess what? this same exact thread gets created several times a day every day. They also always say the exact same things that you said.

Please, for the love of god stop this!

Glordit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Glordit
Member since 2005 • 1525 Posts
[QUOTE="RazorGR"]The day PC gaming dies is the day gaming in general dies.

vicscrape

8)

Strange.... Console fanboys need to use a PC to post on GS..... PC is the most popular gameing platform IMO PC gaming will never die!
druglord6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 druglord6
Member since 2005 • 1030 Posts

[QUOTE="vicscrape"][QUOTE="RazorGR"]The day PC gaming dies is the day gaming in general dies.

Glordit

8)

Strange.... Console fanboys need to use a PC to post on GS..... PC is the most popular gameing platform IMO PC gaming will never die!

lol , owned with the last comment:P

IsmirZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IsmirZone
Member since 2006 • 1173 Posts
Wont Die for sure....byt with the Vista and the demebt of what you need to pay just to play game that will soon come out is making the PC gaming future look bad.
mjortin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mjortin
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24525221&tag=recent_topics;title;1 Read
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
[QUOTE="EntwineX"]Not dying, but losing ground yes. mameiraox

lol, loosing ground where? just WoW has 10million players? theres no counter strike in consoles? LOL theres no cod2 in consoles?

since when we are loosing our games since halo is a console game?

Now just to make u all consoles fan boys cry.

CONSOLE GAMES ARE MADE IN PC'S.

also, pc gaming is for rich ppl. thx.

Halo has nothign to do with this. Traditional PC game series are turning multiplatform, basically there aren't much PC exclusives anymore, of course we are also getting some console games but I think that in the end multiplatforming favors the consoles. Games like Jedi Knight used to be pretty much PC stuff, but for e.g. the next big Jedi game will be on all consoles, but not PC. Games like System Shock and Fallout were PC exclusives and awesome games, next versions - Bioshock and Fallout, will be multiplatform, and we already saw with DE2, Oblivion and many other games what multiplatforming does. Even games which I never thought would seriously hit the consoles like C&C or UT are getting their console versions with their next sequels. No matter how many lolz you type down, or how many people you say are playing several year old games won't change the fact that for now consoles are eating away pc market, luckily for us the gaming market as a whole is also growing as we speak, and that's why I said it won't die even if it would "loose ground". And btw COD2 is on consoles, but COD3 is not on PC...
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

MS giving us halo2 which is a 3 years old game while halo3 coming out on 360 soon, call of duty 3? Graw series games totally different from pc versions( they suck like hell) ,Gta4 coming on consoles then year after on pc?Whats going on?fidaii

Ya, its too bad I will be forced into playing Far Cry instead of Halo 3, cuz Halo series is one of the most creative and revolutionary shooters ever made.  And Halo 2?  Oh my lord, totally worth the 150+ dollar upgrade to Vista, especially since every other person I know has it on his or her xbox and Ive played it like 4 times already.  Who cares if its super boring, its HALO!  AND I WANT IT SOOOOOO BAD!  SPANK ME MICROSOFT, DO something JUST GIMME HALO!

And what about Call of Duty 3?  Ooooooh weee I sure would love to storm ANOTHER beach for like the 5th time and kill them Nazis real good.  And its not like I havent had my fill of WWII shooters, cuz there are only about 6 big-name games that simulate WWII FPS combat.  Sure, CoD 3 may not offer anything new but its a big name title and thats good enough for me!

As for the future, us PC gamers sure have it tough.  Our list of exclusive game is so short, I think we have only a couple hundred quality titles, which is barely anything.  Far Cry, Stalker, Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer 3, GTR 2, Spore, World in Conflict, and hundreds more just dont add up.  A true disappointment!

I mean, just look at this paltry list of PC exclusives!
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24525221

IsmirZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IsmirZone
Member since 2006 • 1173 Posts
It looks as if it's always based on fanboy opinions.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="fidaii"]MS giving us halo2 which is a 3 years old game while halo3 coming out on 360 soon, call of duty 3? Graw series games totally different from pc versions( they suck like hell) ,Gta4 coming on consoles then year after on pc?Whats going on?mrbojangles25

Ya, its too bad I will be forced into playing Far Cry instead of Halo 3, cuz Halo series is one of the most creative and revolutionary shooters ever made.  And Halo 2?  Oh my lord, totally worth the 150+ dollar upgrade to Vista, especially since every other person I know has it on his or her xbox and Ive played it like 4 times already.  Who cares if its super boring, its HALO!  AND I WANT IT SOOOOOO BAD!  SPANK ME MICROSOFT, DO something JUST GIMME HALO!

And what about Call of Duty 3?  Ooooooh weee I sure would love to storm ANOTHER beach for like the 5th time and kill them Nazis real good.  And its not like I havent had my fill of WWII shooters, cuz there are only about 6 big-name games that simulate WWII FPS combat.  Sure, CoD 3 may not offer anything new but its a big name title and thats good enough for me!

As for the future, us PC gamers sure have it tough.  Our list of exclusive game is so short, I think we have only a couple hundred quality titles, which is barely anything.  Far Cry, Stalker, Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer 3, GTR 2, Spore, World in Conflict, and hundreds more just dont add up.  A true disappointment!

I mean, just look at this paltry list of PC exclusives!
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24525221

Jeez, bojangles I am having a hard time telling where you are being sarcastic and where you are being serious :o Anyways PC game doom predictors remind me of those 1950s dudes who said that by year 2000 the world will end. The world didn't end....so that means that PC gaming won't end too? AMIRITE!?
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
Not dying, but losing ground yes. EntwineX

I agree, back when the ps2 was being relesed there was no doubt that the pc game industry was the strongest.  Now most gamers are better off buying a console, because it's just too hard for your average gamer to keep up.

I hope with MS taking control of the industry with games for windows we start seeing better regulation, and hopefully ATI, and Nvidia will stop releasing 3-4 new cards every 6 months.
amm253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 amm253
Member since 2003 • 61 Posts
For the love of sweet monkey jesus! Please, no more of these threads. This topic has been discussed to death.

Results: 1. PC Gaming not dead in fact still expanding, and still best platform for variety of available games.
2. People need to read previous threads before starting a new one.

rsth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rsth
Member since 2004 • 424 Posts

god damn how many times are we going to have this discussion on the pc forum???

NO...pc games is not dying!!!!!
The_AI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 The_AI
Member since 2006 • 4791 Posts

PC Gaming is dying?  There's something geniunely naive and stupid about that.

ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChocoKat
Member since 2006 • 319 Posts

[QUOTE="fidaii"]So u wanna tell me u have np with consoles taking most of your games?venomblack

Hah! Commander and Conquer 3 is a console to P.C port. So, yes you need to go on. Anyway, P.C gaming is not dying.

Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts
[QUOTE="opollo"]

venomblack
Vista basic is 99 dollars. And wait for DX 10 cards to become affordable. ATI hasn't even released theirs yet. And if you can't afford to upgrade your PC now and then, well I'm sorry to say it, but PC gaming probably isn't your thing.

Plus you get to use the "go arround" the Upgrade Feature for windows Vista, that is you can get a full product of vista for the price of an upgrade. I've already tried this and it works, so the "bottomless wallet for another OS" has really no grounds. Vista works great for me, I have it at work and at home exclusively for games, the only one I can't play is Gothic 3 (and thats a whole different story) and possibly Big Rigs.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GeryGo
Member since 2006 • 12806 Posts
well let's just say consoles won't own games with Crysiss' graphics until 2010 at least and i'm not going to explain same story again why PC gaming isn't dying - end of story.
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 basersx

But seriously do you really think Crysis is going to live up to its hype?  I have a feeling it’s going to be all graphics but seriously lacking in game play, sorry line, and over all appeal.  I don’t think it’s going to be the next Far Cry like everyone seems to think it is.  That’s why I'm not going to jump on DX10 yet.  Certainly not until after it’s out.  I just think its going to be great graphics but get a score of like 8.2.

I’m skeptical about all games.  Even Forza 2 which I’m looking forward to more than anything else I fear is just going to be Forza 1 with better graphics and a few extra useless features slapped on it to make it seem “new”.  I hope I’m wrong but that’s why I’m not buying a 360 until after Forza 2 and the reviews are out.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GeryGo
Member since 2006 • 12806 Posts
fidaii
then get a console - simple as that can't be
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

PC gaming died yesterday afternoon.

I should know, cuz I killed it.

I waited for it to get off of work and come home.  So, I crept up into the crawlspace above its door and cracked open a ceiling panel.  When PC gaming went to get its keys out, I silently lowered a noose made out of rubber rope around its neck and then pulled hard.

I hope you all take a little bit of peace knowing that PC gaming didnt go without a fight.  It scratched me pretty good, but ultimately PC gaming died in a couple minutes.  Sorry for killing your hobby, guys, but Sony promised me a PS3 painted in a custom color if I killed PC Gaming.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
[QUOTE="venomblack"]

[QUOTE="fidaii"]So u wanna tell me u have np with consoles taking most of your games?ChocoKat

Hah! Commander and Conquer 3 is a console to P.C port. So, yes you need to go on. Anyway, P.C gaming is not dying.

DId you pull that information out of your rear end? Cause I don't believe the idea that CnC3 was made on console first. It was made from PC to console actually. And yes I agree PC gaming is not dying.
Younggun135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Younggun135
Member since 2006 • 1853 Posts
i dont think PC games will ever die. EVER!
freak_c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freak_c
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts
PC Gaming will never die!!! Just now we are entering a whole now era with technology all the time and DirectX 10. Its only going to get better.
ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChocoKat
Member since 2006 • 319 Posts
[QUOTE="ChocoKat"][QUOTE="venomblack"]

[QUOTE="fidaii"]So u wanna tell me u have np with consoles taking most of your games?the_ChEeSe_mAn2

DId you pull that information out of your rear end? Cause I don't believe the idea that CnC3 was made on console first. It was made from PC to console actually. And yes I agree PC gaming is not dying.

It doesn't matter what you believe. Go read on the C&C forums. I clearly remember one of the devs stating that Command and Conquer 3 was not a pure P.C game. Anyway you look it, you can't use C&C 3, because it the least the game was being developed for both systems.

danharr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 danharr
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts
This is non-sense pc games come out every year and it's always been that way.  If piracy can't stop new games what makes you think a few console ports will and not to mention that all of the games two posts up are pc games created for the pc platform.
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
what do you think consoles games are developed on? punchcards?
Wolfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Wolfitz
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts
  I read a few of these posts, and all I can really say is what the hell are you all talking about????????  How's that for a fricken question.  Firstly, PC gaming, I don't think is more expensive then console gaming.  PS3, for example, cost around 500-700 dollars, and PS2 around the same price when it came out.  The Xbox consoles are also quite expensive, 400-500 dollars, not to mention buying the games and the expensive controllers.  But whatever, PC gaming is alos quite expensive in its own right, but you can use PCs for more than gaming, unlike consoles.  No disregard to the person who posted this, but this topic and question is utterly hollow, and arguable from all directions.  Blah blah blah blah.  Say what you wish about PC gaming, it is the most versatile and developing type of gaming.  But of course, someone will also argue to the contrary.  Round we go in circles.
PhoenixPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PhoenixPrime
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts

RazorGR
agreed, i am personally sick of these threads already
danharr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 danharr
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts

I read a few of these posts, and all I can really say is what the hell are you all talking about????????  How's that for a fricken question.  Firstly, PC gaming, I don't think is more expensive then console gaming.  PS3, for example, cost around 500-700 dollars, and PS2 around the same price when it came out.  The Xbox consoles are also quite expensive, 400-500 dollars, not to mention buying the games and the expensive controllers.  But whatever, PC gaming is alos quite expensive in its own right, but you can use PCs for more than gaming, unlike consoles.  No disregard to the person who posted this, but this topic and question is utterly hollow, and arguable from all directions.  Blah blah blah blah.  Say what you wish about PC gaming, it is the most versatile and developing type of gaming.  But of course, someone will also argue to the contrary.  Round we go in circles.Wolfitz

I must ask what the hell are you talking about cause from what i've seen hardly the majority of responders agree with the guy who started this thread.  Please don't lump us all together when commenting on this thread.

Big_Bad_Vlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Big_Bad_Vlad
Member since 2004 • 33 Posts
Very original thread, hail to you champion. Yes , PC gaming is basically dead so you should quickly sell your computer and buy a shinny 360 , PS3 , Wii etc. Sell it while it's still worth something man !