***Official Vista Thread*** Keep it here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drdrillnfill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#101 drdrillnfill
Member since 2005 • 1756 Posts
I installed and then uninstalled Vista for the time being.  To buggy for me.  If I cant have a clean upgrade without having to troubleshoot for hours to get simple things to work, then Vista is not worth it at the moment.  Wait a month or 2 and then they should have some initial installation issues resolved.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

I installed and then uninstalled Vista for the time being.  To buggy for me.  If I cant have a clean upgrade without having to troubleshoot for hours to get simple things to work, then Vista is not worth it at the moment.  Wait a month or 2 and then they should have some initial installation issues resolved.drdrillnfill

What were your issues?  I have taken this on and off atleast a dozen times.  Upgrades, clean installs exc.  No issues.  My thing is, if a person is a power user, I really wouldn't suggest doing an upgrade.  Do a clean install.   

Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts

I want to share my Vista installation experience hoping it can help.

I have Vista Ultimate x64 edition. Starting the installation, the setup program prompts for SATA drivers since it did not detect any HD to install VISTA on. THANKFULLY now you can use a flash drive, CD, DVD instead of a floppy. I decided to use a flash drive due its ease of use, and then it happened, the system builder's nightmare, the BSOD on the VISTA installation process when trying to read from the USB flash drive! Of course I know this could be for a number of reasons and all, heck I even went as far as getting a new USB drive for this, but just so people don't get discouraged with VISTA, just use a CD Rom if you need to install drivers prior your windows installation. Other than that, sit back and enjoy!

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Does Vista have classic mode like XP? I don't really want to waste resources.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Does Vista have classic mode like XP? I don't really want to waste resources.
EndersAres
Yes, you can turn off all the eye candy from Vista just like you coulid in XP. This was always the first thing I would do when doing a clean install of XP, it made everything look silly and it just took up resources. With Vista, the eye candy is actually pretty useful and looks great...so I haven't turned anything off yet. I'm beginning to doubt if I'll ever turn it off.....
jon112290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jon112290
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

Lol my school is giving away free copies of vista business to all its students.

anyways, the new mode isn't to taxing for the average computer for mine its running real smoothly. Theres not much stule changes that pop out aside from the new look. A few things here and there really does make it pretty damn cool. Although I wish they include word and powerpoint with it, can still use the xp version at least. Everything is fine though, hadn't seen any bugs so.. good job microsoft!

Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Arcadius
Well so far almost all the games I play have been installed on VISTA, with no noticeable decrease in performance. Though Vista says my system's only gets a score of 5.9! hehe well its not the BEST, but it allows me to play my games without compromise. The only thing I've noticed is when I install Company of heroes, the setup program doesn't add it to the "all programs" menu. This surely is no show stopper but still a minor annoyance. I guess I'll have to manually add the THQ group to the all programs folder.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

Lol my school is giving away free copies of vista business to all its students.

anyways, the new mode isn't to taxing for the average computer for mine its running real smoothly. Theres not much stule changes that pop out aside from the new look. A few things here and there really does make it pretty damn cool. Although I wish they include word and powerpoint with it, can still use the xp version at least. Everything is fine though, hadn't seen any bugs so.. good job microsoft!

jon112290

If you want a truly great office suite, head on over to www.openoffice.org , (verion 2.1) it's free and just as good as Office if not better. It's also compatible with just about every file out there. No need to pay for MS Office 2007.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SuperBeast
[QUOTE="mismajor99"]If you want a truly great office suite, head on over to www.openoffice.org , (verion 2.1) it's free and just as good as Office if not better. It's also compatible with just about every file out there. No need to pay for MS Office 2007.

Agreed. Although I am currently using Office 2007 just because it was free and some features are better.....There's no way in hell I would pay for it though. *hugs MSDN subscription*
drdrillnfill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#110 drdrillnfill
Member since 2005 • 1756 Posts

[QUOTE="drdrillnfill"]I installed and then uninstalled Vista for the time being.  To buggy for me.  If I cant have a clean upgrade without having to troubleshoot for hours to get simple things to work, then Vista is not worth it at the moment.  Wait a month or 2 and then they should have some initial installation issues resolved.Taijiquan

What were your issues?  I have taken this on and off atleast a dozen times.  Upgrades, clean installs exc.  No issues.  My thing is, if a person is a power user, I really wouldn't suggest doing an upgrade.  Do a clean install.   

I never could fully do the upgrade version because it locked up everytime around 64% on the last step of the install. I chose the custom install which removed every driver I had and I couldnt get my wireless or sound to work at all even after downloading the new drivers. I tried installing from a DVD and the same thing happened, it crashed at 64% and reinstalled XP.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mismajor99
Quick update about OEM versions of Vista. DL.tv did a show the other day discussing the OEM version of Vista. Apparently, when you install Vista on your machine, it creates a hash mark for your specific hardware and what is installed. If you start to change components(Ethernet Adapter, Video Card, Sound Card etc..etc..), Vista will make you reactivate your OS, as your hash mark will change. Apparently the number of times will be extremely limited, as MS sells OEM versions to be specific to the hardware it is running on from the get go. As PC Gamers, especially system builders it doesn't seem to be worth the headache. Advice, if you are planning on using Vista on multiple builds(And different components) throughout the years, the full retail or upgrade solution seems to be the way to go.

Also, as many of you might already know, with the Upgrade version of Vista,  there is a work around so that you will not have to install XP first in order to get a fresh copy of Vista on your machine. Here is the link to the latest show:

Episode 136:
http://dl.tv/

For more information on a hands on preview of Vista make sure to check out Episode 135.
mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

Though Vista says my system's only gets a score of 5.9! heheArcadius

Err...5.9 IS the highest score that Vista ATM will give a system

If you want a truly great office suite, head on over to www.openoffice.org , (verion 2.1) it's free and just as good as Office if not better. It's also compatible with just about every file out there. No need to pay for MS Office 2007.mismajor99

Not really, as Open Office has the tendency to do fustrating things on you that would never happen in regular office

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mismajor99

[QUOTE="Arcadius"]Though Vista says my system's only gets a score of 5.9! hehemikemil828

If you want a truly great office suite, head on over to www.openoffice.org , (verion 2.1) it's free and just as good as Office if not better. It's also compatible with just about every file out there. No need to pay for MS Office 2007.mismajor99

Not really, as Open Office has the tendency to do fustrating things on you that would never happen in regular office

I've never had a problem. Paying hundreds of dollars for something vs. a solid package with great support to me is a no brainer.
Tadmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Tadmod
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Bad operating system...

... I won't get it

... thats it
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SuperBeast
Bad operating system...

... I won't get it

... thats it
Tadmod
It's the best OS Microsoft has released so far.....Not too sure why you think it's bad since you failed to explain yourself. You'll have to get it eventually if you plan on staying a PC gamer.
SunnySimantov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SunnySimantov
Member since 2005 • 784 Posts

[QUOTE="Tadmod"]Bad operating system...

... I won't get it

... thats it
SuperBeast
It's the best OS Microsoft has released so far.....Not too sure why you think it's bad since you failed to explain yourself. You'll have to get it eventually if you plan on staying a PC gamer.

You "can't" say it's the best because you gotta look at the ridiculous bugs.

No, I don't own Vista. I have a fear of bugs. computer bugs. And that's why I don't touch that OS.

I will remain with my XP until it gets less buggy... because I saw screenshots of really funny bugs I wouldn't like to meet.

In addition I don't own a good video card for the Aero (which is the 3rd reason I'll get the OS....).
For now, it can't be the best. Just a little more time and it'll be the best.

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SuperBeast
You "can't" say it's the best because you gotta look at the ridiculous bugs.

No, I don't own Vista. I have a fear of bugs. computer bugs. And that's why I don't touch that OS.

I will remain with my XP until it gets less buggy... because I saw screenshots of really funny bugs I wouldn't like to meet.

In addition I don't own a good video card for the Aero (which is the 3rd reason I'll get the OS....).

SunnySimantov
It's not an opinion.....it's a fact. Vista *is* the best OS Microsoft has ever released, not to mention the most flawless/bug and exploit free launch in history. Right now, Vista is at least 10X more secure than XP currently is. As far as bugs go, they are there.....but don't confuse bugs with exploits. Every previous release of a Windows OS has had TONS of more problems than Vista currently has, XP was a disaster on day 1. Is it the best OS ever made? I still believe a lot of linux distros beat it hands down, but for the average consumer it is the best choice.
tal_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 tal_001
Member since 2006 • 305 Posts

currently i have a 7900GT graphics card and i dont know if i should upgrade it to a better DirectX10 card...

should i upgrade it now? should i wait? should i stay with the 7900GT graphics card?

what should i do?

adolfobaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#119 adolfobaja
Member since 2003 • 677 Posts
Hi i have a question, im all ready install the vista home premium, but when windows start, there is no more logo like windows xp, only appears a loading bar
SunnySimantov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SunnySimantov
Member since 2005 • 784 Posts
[QUOTE="SunnySimantov"]You "can't" say it's the best because you gotta look at the ridiculous bugs.

SuperBeast

It's not an opinion.....it's a fact. Vista *is* the best OS Microsoft has ever released, not to mention the most flawless/bug and exploit free launch in history. Right now, Vista is at least 10X more secure than XP currently is. As far as bugs go, they are there.....but don't confuse bugs with exploits. Every previous release of a Windows OS has had TONS of more problems than Vista currently has, XP was a disaster on day 1. Is it the best OS ever made? I still believe a lot of linux distros beat it hands down, but for the average consumer it is the best choice.

I'm not comparing its launch to other OS laucnhes. I'm referring to the launch as a specifc case. It is filled with flaws and bugs. XP right now is the best solution for me. Even if the launch was the best, it's like being the handicapped champion... I know that with time Vista will be the best solution and the bugsflaws amount will decrease amazingly. I try to avoid it right now.
Atleast we both agree it has bugs.
Believe me, I wish I had a vista right now (and a computer capable handling it...)

kidkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 kidkit
Member since 2005 • 2783 Posts

currently i have a 7900GT graphics card and i dont know if i should upgrade it to a better DirectX10 card...

should i upgrade it now? should i wait? should i stay with the 7900GT graphics card?

what should i do?

tal_001
I have the same card and I plan to wait at least 6 months before I consider a new card. There aren't enough games out now or in the near future to justify a premature upgrade. Drivers should be sorted out by summer as well... and the ati r600 will be out and hopefully drive down the price of the 8800 series just a little bit.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SuperBeast
[QUOTE="tal_001"]

should i upgrade it now? should i wait? should i stay with the 7900GT graphics card?

what should i do?

kidkit
I have the same card and I plan to wait at least 6 months before I consider a new card. There aren't enough games out now or in the near future to justify a premature upgrade. Drivers should be sorted out by summer as well... and the ati r600 will be out and hopefully drive down the price of the 8800 series just a little bit.[/QUOTEe ] Agreed.....If you had a 9200 or something obsolete I'd say go ahead and upgrade now...... The 7900GT is still a pretty damn good card and doesn't need to be replaced unless you just have money burning in your pocket. At the very least I'd say wait until Crysis goes gold, then order your DX10 card.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Excellent Thread .

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 indzman

Taijiquan i've a question ,

If i'm to buy Vista O/S for Gaming (main purpose and all other purposes should be satisfied also) , then which version of Vista should i go for , amongst ;

1) Home Basic

2) Home Premium

3) Buisness

4) Ultimate

And if i go for VISTA Home Premium , is it quite okay for future gaming and other purpose's ? Please suggest me the version of Vista which is futureproof.If Vista Home Premium is futureproof then i can go for it also.

Please suggest me .

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Taijiquan

If i'm to buy Vista O/S for Gaming (main purpose and all other purposes should be satisfied also) , then which version of Vista should i go for , amongst ;

1) Home Basic

2) Home Premium

3) Buisness

4) Ultimate

And if i go for VISTA Home Premium , is it quite okay for future gaming and other purpose's ? Please suggest me the version of Vista which is futureproof.If Vista Home Premium is futureproof then i can go for it also.

Please suggest me .

indzman

What are the rest of your Specs?  All versions of Vista are future proof.  I believe the best value right now is Home Premium.  It was an easy decision for me, 64 bit Home Premium OEM for $122.99. 

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

QUESTION.....i have a tablet PC....I am assumign the business addition will support my touchscreen......I ordered Vista...so 2 late now...plus retail does hav more benefits than that...

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mismajor99

QUESTION.....i have a tablet PC....I am assumign the business addition will support my touchscreen......I ordered Vista...so 2 late now...plus retail does hav more benefits than that...

DRUNK_CANADIAN
Yeah, you will want the retail version of vista so that you can move the copy to a newer rig as many times as you want. With OEM. it will become a problem after a few times, and it doesn't even have to be a new rig. A new component that Vista doesn't recognize as your original hardware configuration will make you reactivate the OS. A real pain in the arse if you ask me. Watch the video podcasts I listed on the last page for more info. RIght now, I would agree, get the Home Premium version, as you can always upgrade to Ultimate anytime you want, as all of the versions are on the Retail disk, not the OEM disk.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Taijiquan
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

mismajor99

Yeah, you will want the retail version of vista so that you can move the copy to a newer rig as many times as you want. With OEM. it will become a problem after a few times, and it doesn't even have to be a new rig. A new component that Vista doesn't recognize as your original hardware configuration will make you reactivate the OS. A real pain in the arse if you ask me. Watch the video podcasts I listed on the last page for more info. RIght now, I would agree, get the Home Premium version, as you can always upgrade to Ultimate anytime you want, as all of the versions are on the Retail disk, not the OEM disk.

XP EULA said the same thing.  A person WILL NOT have problems reinstalling the OEM version of Vista.  Microsoft has already debunked this.  They tried to push the tech support envelope as the reason to get retail.  All you will have to do is call Microsoft when hardware changes are made.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 indzman
[QUOTE="indzman"]

1) Home Basic

2) Home Premium

3) Buisness

4) Ultimate

Please suggest me .

Taijiquan

What are the rest of your Specs?  All versions of Vista are future proof.  I believe the best value right now is Home Premium.  It was an easy decision for me, 64 bit Home Premium OEM for $122.99. 

Currently i've ;

Nvidia 7950 GT (512 mb , DDR 3 ) Going to upgrade to a DX 10 card somewhere in 2007.

2 Gigs of DDR 2 Ram 533 Mhz

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86 GHZ

D965 Intel Mobo And it says ready support for Vista Home Premium in the manual .

Etc.

I 'm thinking to upgrade to VISTA Home Premium . How is Vista Home Premium ? Or should i wait for DX 10 card , then upgrade to VISTA ?

Apocwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Apocwar
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Wasn't sure if this got mentioned yet or not, but be aware that gaming on Vista apprently will slow your gaming performance down 15%-20% or even worse if its an OpenGL game because Vista does not support OpenGL yet.  Tomshardwareguide had some interesting articles on Vista for gamers that are worth checking out before upgrading/buying.  
Valkyrie_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#131 Valkyrie_44
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

Wasn't sure if this got mentioned yet or not, but be aware that gaming on Vista apprently will slow your gaming performance down 15%-20% or even worse if its an OpenGL game because Vista does not support OpenGL yet.  Tomshardwareguide had some interesting articles on Vista for gamers that are worth checking out before upgrading/buying.  Apocwar

This has not occurred with me, I have not taken a performance hit since installing Vista Home Premium, I have no problems running the OpenGL Games in my library.

Of course I have seen the other side of the spectrum with my friend with an Nivdia card, and the drivers have really hurt him something fierce. He has gotten to the point that he just purchased another motherboard, and a ATI X1950 Pro for the time being. Since he had seen my ATI really shine while running Vista.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Taijiquan

Wasn't sure if this got mentioned yet or not, but be aware that gaming on Vista apprently will slow your gaming performance down 15%-20% or even worse if its an OpenGL game because Vista does not support OpenGL yet.  Tomshardwareguide had some interesting articles on Vista for gamers that are worth checking out before upgrading/buying.  Apocwar

There are benchmark comparisons in the first post of this thread.  I also have to add I not suffering any performance hits. 

For those that keep asking, I know it is a hard decision because money doesn't grow on trees, but I am going to say it every time because my experience has been great.  Vista is the best OS ever released bar none.  Its only going to get better and better as time goes by.  If you can afford it and have the hardware (main thing is ram) I am going to be biased and say get it so I may not be the person to ask. 

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 mismajor99
[QUOTE="mismajor99"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Taijiquan

XP EULA said the same thing. A person WILL NOT have problems reinstalling the OEM version of Vista. Microsoft has already debunked this. They tried to push the tech support envelope as the reason to get retail. All you will have to do is call Microsoft when hardware changes are made.

Well, thanks for your input Taijiquan, but do you mind giving a link to where they confirm this(OEM's and Unlimited Installations)? According to many tech journalists, this isn't the case. I would much rather believe you to be honest.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Taijiquan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20070126/tc_zd/199653

I know this is vague.  The EULA regarding this has not changed since 95. 

Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Arcadius

[QUOTE="Arcadius"]Though Vista says my system's only gets a score of 5.9! hehemikemil828

:o 5.9 and it won't let me play Gothic?? hehe. I haven't been able to play Gothic on VISTA, but that seems to be because of the X64 version I'm running, same thing happened with XP x64. Jowood needs to make a patch soon I lest the people moving to VISTA won't buy their games anymore.
Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
I'm converting to Vista and I was wondering: is the Home Basic pack good for games, music and movies, installing mods, that kinda thing or will I need the Home Premium. Also for high end gaming is it worth it for me to fork out for the 32 & 64bit edition or just buy the 32bit? And lastly I'm gonna get a copy for my grandparents computer, they use the computer for copying CDs for in the car and copying DVDs for my grandfather while hes at work. They also use it for some photo editing from time to time, so what would be good for them?
slobbymac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 slobbymac
Member since 2005 • 616 Posts
ok this may sound like a completly stupid question, i dont know. . . anyways iv never had to change the operating system on my computer since iv had it iv always had XP media edition. i dont fully understand what happnes when you put vista on but do you have to reinstall all of the games/ movies/ music  thats on your computer right now. or do you just sortof replace xp with vista and your good to go how your computer was befor?
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 SuperBeast
ok this may sound like a completly stupid question, i dont know. . . anyways iv never had to change the operating system on my computer since iv had it iv always had XP media edition. i dont fully understand what happnes when you put vista on but do you have to reinstall all of the games/ movies/ music thats on your computer right now. or do you just sortof replace xp with vista and your good to go how your computer was befor?slobbymac
Technically you can *upgrade* and have the ability to keep all of your apps/games/ect without having to re-install it from scratch.... Problem is, in a lot of cases doing a normal upgrade results in all kinds of problems....Which is why everyone will suggest doing a clean install (wiping out everything on your drive) when upgrading an OS. This would of course mean you have to re-install everything you have..... Hopefully you have a burner to backup your music/movies/docs..ect, if not you could always look into partitioning your drive to keep your backup data.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Taijiquan

To the poster above this, if you are doing an Upgrade your files will remain.

This is awesome, http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5952 

Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Arcadius

[QUOTE="Apocwar"]Wasn't sure if this got mentioned yet or not, but be aware that gaming on Vista apprently will slow your gaming performance down 15%-20% or even worse if its an OpenGL game because Vista does not support OpenGL yet. Tomshardwareguide had some interesting articles on Vista for gamers that are worth checking out before upgrading/buying. Taijiquan

There are benchmark comparisons in the first post of this thread. I also have to add I not suffering any performance hits.

For those that keep asking, I know it is a hard decision because money doesn't grow on trees, but I am going to say it every time because my experience has been great. Vista is the best OS ever released bar none. Its only going to get better and better as time goes by. If you can afford it and have the hardware (main thing is ram) I am going to be biased and say get it so I may not be the person to ask.

Well after trying out 3DMARK 05 (the one I have purchased) on VISTA, I did notice a performance drop of over 700 3D Marks, this of course isn't the end of the world, but it does single out a performance drop, which could be for a number of reasons, but alas lets be "reasonable" the system is new, drivers are new etc. Performance in games of course is very similar to that on my previous OS (Windows XP X64), and I cannot complain on VISTA for that. My Video card is a Radeon X1950.
slobbymac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 slobbymac
Member since 2005 • 616 Posts
thanks SuperBeast that exactly what i wanted to know . . . time to start backing stuff up :?
princessgirl36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 princessgirl36
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I am trying to find out about running a game called Sacred on my new laptop with Vista  I am new with the laptop and system.
kidkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 kidkit
Well after trying out 3DMARK 05 (the one I have purchased) on VISTA, I did notice a performance drop of over 700 3D Marks, this of course isn't the end of the world, but it does single out a performance drop, which could be for a number of reasons, but alas lets be "reasonable" the system is new, drivers are new etc. Performance in games of course is very similar to that on my previous OS (Windows XP X64), and I cannot complain on VISTA for that. My Video card is a Radeon X1950.Arcadius
Have you tried Vista's "Ready Boost" Option? Basically... it uses an external flash drive as virtual memory instead of the hard drive - If you have a 256 - 4 gig Flash drive kicking around I'd be curious to see how well your computer would score running that test again?
kidkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 kidkit
I am trying to find out about running a game called Sacred on my new laptop with Vista  I am new with the laptop and system.princessgirl36
There should be a demo available for you to try, give it a shot!
GamerFan2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 GamerFan2004
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Why Upgrade? The simple fact of the matter people is that a lot(if not most) software installed on PC'S with windows vista simply will have compatablity problems, or will not work at all, that worked just fine with xp. I find it funny that, and while I'm not critizing anyone here, alot of people also are upgrading to vista without running the vista upgrade advisior, to see what will run, and what won't. Also, Vista may have all new bellls and whistles, but I'm not impressed;basically, vista is a reworked version of XP. Please consider this people, even for the upgrade version of vista($99 dollars) is it worth installing, considering that there is a risk of most software will not run correctly, if not at all?
adolfobaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 adolfobaja
hi i just install windows vista ultmate and i cant found it the option of Windows DreamScene im all ready go to wallpaper options and i dont see anything about videos, also i try with some media player videos use it as background but i dont see any option how i can make it works?
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SuperBeast
hi i just install windows vista ultmate and i cant found it the option of Windows DreamScene im all ready go to wallpaper options and i dont see anything about videos, also i try with some media player videos use it as background but i dont see any option how i can make it works?adolfobaja
You already asked this question in this thread and I already answered it...... Anyways....Dreamscene has been delayed. They are expected to release a preview build of it later this month, the full version won't be available until June or so.
adolfobaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 adolfobaja
so my windows is ok?? because im all ready see about 1 game free to downloas in extras, I only get a fe updates for lenguage,,on windows update so well i thought u install wrong the windows
Madrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Madrone
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts

Why Upgrade? The simple fact of the matter people is that a lot(if not most) software installed on PC'S with windows vista simply will have compatablity problems, or will not work at all, that worked just fine with xp. I find it funny that, and while I'm not critizing anyone here, alot of people also are upgrading to vista without running the vista upgrade advisior, to see what will run, and what won't. Also, Vista may have all new bellls and whistles, but I'm not impressed;basically, vista is a reworked version of XP. Please consider this people, even for the upgrade version of vista($99 dollars) is it worth installing, considering that there is a risk of most software will not run correctly, if not at all?GamerFan2004

"Most" Software works fine.

Only problems i've really had so far is no driver for my TV tuner - but the company who makes the card sucks - they don't even have XP x64 drivers out yet (Hauppauge - if you get a TV tuner, dont get them)

Everything else has worked fine...

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 mismajor99
I posted a funny video of Anthony from O&A on my Videos section. Apparently he tried to get Vista installed on his SLI rig, and with no success after 12 hours. Funny too, because he's an avid PC Gamer and knows his stuff. There was some kind of hardware conflict apparently with his motherboard. Microsoft couldn't help him either, but that shouldn't be surprising.