Most unsatisfying ending ever...

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 0

#101 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts
Wolf 3D.. all he does is jump up and go "YEAAH" .. hmm terrible

Another disappointment was Hogan's Alley.. there is no ending.. you get to level 99 and it shifts back to 1.. just lame..
Don't get me started on the lack of storyline to Battle Zone.. or its piss poor wire frame graphics..

BTW, this is all in sarcasm.. you people are just too damn spoiled is all!

albertafox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 albertafox
Member since 2004 • 165 Posts
How about MMO's. The characters/story line never ends or never had one very well designed to follow to begin with.

Hey look we killed the biggest baddest monster in the whole universe and we get to kill him again in 11h56m29s! :roll:
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19594 Posts
How about MMO's. The characters/story line never ends or never had one very well designed to follow to begin with.

Hey look we killed the biggest baddest monster in the whole universe and we get to kill him again in 11h56m29s! :roll:
albertafox

The Guild Wars games have decent storylines that actually have endings, which is unusual, given their semi-MMO nature (or aguably full MMO, since GW is probably the most globally interlinked online game around - the millions of players all play on the same server, but...meh).
Roguetrp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#104 Roguetrp
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts
Unreal 2 End of Unreal 1 you go away in a space ship. End of Unreal 2 you go away in a space ship. It killed me cause I thought it was a cool game
Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Avitu666
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts
Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault.
After the last mission, a black screen with the words: The End...

Envig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 Envig
Member since 2004 • 819 Posts
Company of Heroes or Rainbow Six Vegas
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts

albertafox

i agree with you there, i am starting to drift away from that genre of games.  i just can't take the no ending/story anymore.  and all the repetitiveness of those types of games.  i mean come on, you go out and kill 12 bears only to have to go back out to kill 14 wolves and etc. etc... i have played 3 different MMO's (SWG was my fav til they overhauled the whole game, i'll never forget working so hard to unlock the jedi stuff only to have them take it away and make jedi a starting profession) and they are all basically the same thing.

snipercomplete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 snipercomplete
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts
hmmmm, i didnt like Wind Wakers ending, or the game quite frankly, i always loved Zelda, but that one threw the series into the dirt....and UT:the liandra conflict had a really boring ending.
Marlins4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Marlins4life
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts

Half-Life 2 wasnt tht bad of an ending, but Saints Row story is bad and i bet the ending sucks(good game tho).

Of coarse on the other hand Conker's Bad Fur Day and Zelda: Ocarina of Time were Great endings!

CookieJar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CookieJar
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts
Hmm, worst ending.   I'm sure there's worse, but the only recent one I can think of is Quake 4.  The last boss fight is really easy (compared with some of the other boss fights earlier) and then you get to the end and find out basically you achived absolutely nothing. 
   One game that I initially didn't like the ending, but eventually realized that it wasn't so bad was Dreamfall.  You have to understand that the story was about Faith.  I won't say more then that to avoid spoilers.  The other reason was I was so upset because the story was so good.  I was so drawn in that I wanted closure, but guess what, there's more to be told and it looks like sooner than later :D as episodes are now being planned.
lostboyalexw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lostboyalexw
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

By far, FFXII has had the worst ending i've ever experienced. the last boss was the easiest and fastest to beat. And you don't even get to keep playing like the other FF's. But the rest of the game wasn't up to par either so you can't expect that big of a finale.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
Dark messiah. seriously, i just beat the game today. I expected it to have some huge epic ending, but nope, the ending just might have been one of the lowest points of the game...
Avatar image for forevergamer001
forevergamer001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 forevergamer001
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

the ending of half life to was kind of a let down.i was expecting a little FMV's or like see alyx again.but when you defeat it,you suddenly get stuck in suspended animation and the G-man comes out again and talk till the credits...maybe there's more on HL episode 1.got to have that.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still....
nic0008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 nic0008
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts
Guild wars- To predictable for me and too short.... but the PvP makes up for it. 
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Iffy350
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Max Payne 1 because I could never beat the game. I tried to cheat but the cheats wouldn't work. FYI it was the PC version of Max Payne and it came with a nifty Max Payne mouse pad.
byrofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 byrofish
Member since 2006 • 263 Posts
System Shock 2 had a 'just in case there's a sequal' ending that was disappointing, particularly as the side story that led to it was done really well.

Curse of Monkey Island has the worst ending I've ever known though.  One second you're playing the game, the next you're looking at the credits thinking that a cutscene must have failed to play.