Most unsatisfying ending ever...

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
i just finished beating halflife 2, and the game was great up until the ending.  there was no super boss at the end to defeat and you save the world or anything of that nature.  anyone else agree that it was a terrible ending?
Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts
HL:2 - I wish I never even played that crappy borefest.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eitremn

HL:2 - I wish I never even played that crappy borefest.Jack_Summersby

oh come on, it was a great game up until the ending.  one of the most satisfying things of the game was when you first get to kill one of those guards.  especially after he tries to make you pick up that pop can in the beginning.

TryDaBeardON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 TryDaBeardON
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts
I wouldn't call it THE most unsatisfying, but yeah, when you get the "super" gravity gun, the challenge pretty much disappears. And probably because of that, when that explosion hits you don't feel like you've just finished a good long game. You're like... that's it?
SupaTrupa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 SupaTrupa
Member since 2002 • 1132 Posts

Probably one of the most overrated games ever.

And not very memorable - just a good action game.

People just get caught up in the hype and the franchise name from the 1998 game.

i've never been motivated or interested enough to even bother with overpriced "episode."

But yes, the ending was not memorable and a bit of a let-down.

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts
Far Cry's ending is pretty terrible.  You kill the bad guy and then you are just on a boat and thats it, the end.
Vito25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vito25
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts
KOTOR 2 had a really bad ending.  
anprionsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 anprionsa
Member since 2004 • 382 Posts
I'd have to go with Halo 2... gah!
Karl319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Karl319
Member since 2005 • 4390 Posts
Far Cry's ending is pretty terrible. You kill the bad guy and then you are just on a boat and thats it, the end.basersx
Yeah that caught me off surprise, I was seriously like WHAAAT!?!?! AFTER ALL THIS, THATS ALL I GET!?
Harpy170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Harpy170
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
KOTOR 2 had a really bad ending. Vito25
Came in here to say the same thing, I was left sorta thinking "Thats it...?"
Avatar image for deactivated-5c20477a5e387
deactivated-5c20477a5e387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5c20477a5e387
Member since 2003 • 4291 Posts
Indigo Prophecy...actually the entire last 30% or so of the game was just godawful.

Avatar image for imthelumberjack
imthelumberjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 imthelumberjack
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
Neverwinter Nights 2... 
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eitremn
so no-one is dis-agreeing with me that it was a horrible ending though.
CMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 CMJR
Member since 2005 • 331 Posts
I didn't mind the ending of Half-Life 2, myself.  The story wasn't intended to end there, as it continues episodically now. 

How about Dreamfall for worst ending?  So many loose ends...  They better damn well finish that trilogy or I'm gonna be pissed off!

Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
Halo2 has the worst friggin ending ever i was so mad when i got to the end of that crap i threw my controller in frustration. Also KOTOR 2 had a pretty bad ending to
jorbo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jorbo76
Member since 2006 • 354 Posts

KOTOR 2 had a really bad ending.  Vito25

I agree.  Probably anyone that has beat kotor 2 would say it has the worst ending.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Jack_Summersby"]HL:2 - I wish I never even played that crappy borefest.eitremn

oh come on, it was a great game up until the ending.  one of the most satisfying things of the game was when you first get to kill one of those guards.  especially after he tries to make you pick up that pop can in the beginning.

I actually didn't mind the ending, it was unique and was very interesting..   If you want some kind of cliche closure then go play the numerous other rediculous games out there.

davefleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 davefleet
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the HL2 ending, but it was a fantastic game. They left the ending open-ended to allow for the Episode 1 & 2 packs. If you want a bad ending, KOTOR2 or, on the Xbox 360, Saint's Row both have awful endings. I wasn't too taken with the ending to the Oblivion main quest either.
hikari33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 hikari33
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts
final fantasy 7 dirge of cerberus had the worst ending ever
stavredzikov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stavredzikov
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
Quake 4 had a really bad ending.  
FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts

I love the ending of Half-Life 2. When G-man talks to you and all, it's awesome!

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic on the other hand... It's terrible! There are several endings but they're just boring movies that are really unsatisfying.

cooper182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 cooper182
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts

[QUOTE="Vito25"]KOTOR 2 had a really bad ending.  jorbo76

I agree.  Probably anyone that has beat kotor 2 would say it has the worst ending.

yep all that time playing kotor 2 and it gives us some rubbish like that.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="jorbo76"]

[QUOTE="Vito25"]KOTOR 2 had a really bad ending.  cooper182

yep all that time playing kotor 2 and it gives us some rubbish like that.

Meh what do you expect.. Obsidian is a poor dev they did the exact same thing with NWN2.. They constantly fold and rush out their junk, infact some people can't even get KOTOR2 to run to this day due to glitchs that were never patched.

nirvanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nirvanna
Member since 2003 • 48 Posts
Rainbow 6 Vegas had a bad ending. I mean it ended with ........... To Be Continued. I was so pissed. Atleast it was a freaking amazing game.
Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts
HL2's ending isn't an ACTUAL ending. That's why there are episodes, DUH. Most unsatisfying was Far Cry and Halo 2. I thought we could finish the fight on Halo 2...but they tricked us. HAR HAR
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
Half Life 2 didn't have a bad ending, it just didn't have a *good* ending. It was kind of out of nowhere, but it leads into the episodes, so whatever. It's definitely not the worst ending ever.

A while back, I was at my friends house watching him play Saints Row, and I watched him finish it. Now THAT is the worst ending ever. It was like All Quiet on the Western Front, only retarded.
Stalker700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 112

#27 Stalker700
Member since 2005 • 591 Posts

i think that the end in HL2 was kinda awsome....but that's just me,cause i love those kind of endings,and it was pretty clear that they will continue the story in the episodes....R6 Vegas also had an awsome ending in my opinion:)

ON THE OPPOSITE HAND,Oblivion's and Quake 4's endings were kinda lame...but the games themselves were great....and the ending in GRAW also was kinda dissapointing....though of course everything will continue in GRAW 2:D

Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts

[QUOTE="Jack_Summersby"]HL:2 - I wish I never even played that crappy borefest.eitremn

oh come on, it was a great game up until the ending. one of the most satisfying things of the game was when you first get to kill one of those guards. especially after he tries to make you pick up that pop can in the beginning.

HL:2 had excellent visuals, production values, and the story, though meager was not too bad. I was bored by the lack of AI - as Gordon Freeman, I felt like I was up against an alien race of dumba$$es. Honestly, the Combine soldiers were so uncoordinated and unskilled, they never could have subjugated the human race. A small group of your average gun-toting Southerners could have torn the Columbine apart in time for dinner!
ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 ADG_
Member since 2003 • 1654 Posts
The prize for worst ending goes without doubt to Dreamfall. Shortly before the end of the game, the focus gets shifted onto something completely different. You never get an answer to what you have been hunting all game, while at the end thousands of new questions pops up Before Dreamfall was released the game with the worst ending was The Black Mirror
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Isn't it funny that 50% of the great games still have very unsatisfactory endings, pure rushing.

The first game that comes to mind that was like that was Omikron : The Nomad Soul, when that was released, it was just so frickin' cool, a big futuristic city where you could just walk and drive around with dozens of shops and stuff.
Of course, the further you get, the badder the game gets, from completely unfair FPS combat (the game had multiple sorts of combat) where enemies would just spawn right behind you and stuff like that, you that places where you'd been already would be filled with enemies who could shoot you in the back if you walked a bit further. Other then that: The keys during the Mortal Kombat combat (yep) were pretty unresponsive and really caused me some frustration, however, the core adventure game was just neat, although eventually it became all combat and a few standard puzzles.

To pack it up, a story which began so interesting and promising concludes in a so damn lame way that makes you feel like you played the whole game for nothing, and the epilogue is just......ugh....

I can't help but see a trend lately. I'm sure you guys could name hundreds since I'm kinda sleepy right now. :P

DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts
[QUOTE="ADG_"]The prize for worst ending goes without doubt to Dreamfall. Shortly before the end of the game, the focus gets shifted onto something completely different. You never get an answer to what you have been hunting all game, while at the end thousands of new questions pops up Before Dreamfall was released the game with the worst ending was The Black Mirror

I agree with this... Dreamfall was not a bad adventure game. definitely on the easy side and one of the few that I didn't even cheat a single time. But that ending... OMG!!!! it's almost likely they had a bunch more story but didn't have the budget or time to put it in so they just ended it. So many unanswered loose ends for no reason. On the other side, one of the best endings was The Pandora's Directive. The entire last 10-20% of that game was great from a story standpoint. Not a perfect game from a gameplay/design standpoint but I would so like to see them put that game out again on a next-gen console or PC with even better acting and controls. Just keep Barry Corbin!!! It's a plot/story/ adventure that could definitely be used again!
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#32 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
Halo 2 I would say, or Dreamfall
wheezal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wheezal
Member since 2004 • 3066 Posts

Game endings lately have been very dissapointing to me.

KoToR II and NWN 2 both really fell short in the finale despite being great games up to that point.

st3wi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 st3wi3
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts
Rainbow 6 Vegas had a bad ending. I mean it ended with ........... To Be Continued. I was so pissed. Atleast it was a freaking amazing game.nirvanna
Yea i agree, it was like hey i just saved vegas and all i got was this really bad ending
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts

What was the really, really short WWII game?  Brother in Arms maybe?  I get COD and BIA series mixed up.  I have played them all and there was one that was so shockingly short it seemed like some kind of sick joke. 

A game just ending out of nowhere, when you thought you were just getting started is really bad.  And that is the way that game was.

jazzycmk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 jazzycmk
Member since 2003 • 196 Posts

[QUOTE="Vito25"]KOTOR 2 had a really bad ending.  jorbo76

Actually, I thought the whole story in KOTOR2 was pretty lousy.  Very muddled.  Couldn't get into it.  Some of that could just be because KOTOR1 was so good that KOTOR2 was a letdown.

jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#37 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts

Halo 2 I would say, or DreamfallPete5506

Halo 2?? Sorry but thats one of the greatest endings ever just my opin though.

jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#38 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts

Quake 4 had a really bad ending.  stavredzikov

Haha, actully I thought it was funny myself.

EyeNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#39 EyeNixon
Member since 2004 • 1412 Posts
Almost any war shooter, it always has that lame "WE WON THE WAR" or "WE WON THIS BATTLE BUT THE WAR ISN'T OVER" type crap. It's annoying.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Stubb The Zombie.
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
[QUOTE="jorbo76"]

[QUOTE="Vito25"]KOTOR 2 had a really bad ending.  jazzycmk

Actually, I thought the whole story in KOTOR2 was pretty lousy.  Very muddled.  Couldn't get into it.  Some of that could just be because KOTOR1 was so good that KOTOR2 was a letdown.

I actually hated the simple spoon-fed story of the original. One thing you can't deny was that the second had much better villains than Malak.

jorbo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jorbo76
Member since 2006 • 354 Posts
[QUOTE="jazzycmk"][QUOTE="jorbo76"]

[QUOTE="Vito25"]KOTOR 2 had a really bad ending.  Nikalai_88

I actually hated the simple spoon-fed story of the original. One thing you can't deny was that the second had much better villains than Malak.

I agree.  I thought KOTOR 2 was a better game overall than the first.  I like the characters and planets a whole lot better in KOTOR 2.  Only thing that bugs me is it's ending.  But luckily the ending is getting fixed.

KentTalbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KentTalbert
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
i just finished beating halflife 2, and the game was great up until the ending.  there was no super boss at the end to defeat and you save the world or anything of that nature.  anyone else agree that it was a terrible ending?eitremn
I thought it was a fun ending to a most excellent game. Better than Halo 2s ending anyway.
Orpheus_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Orpheus_1986
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
Vampire - Bloodlines First Half = Best RPG ever made Second Half = OH! DEAR GOD! WHAT DID YOU DO!
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 eitremn
wow a lot of KOTOR2 ending haters.  i beat that game but for whatever reason cannot recall what happend in the end.  can someone elaborate?  the old lady was the end boss right?
bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts
I agree with HL2 and KOTOR 2 but would also add the ending to Broken Sword 4. What the hell was that?
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Iffy350
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Doom 3. Man, I agree with Kotor2. Obsidian can't write a good story worth beans.
Orpheus_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Orpheus_1986
Obsidian can PS:T is a testiment to that and KOTOR2s first few hours are really gripping as story elements, great characterization too. Obsidian just haven't ever had a publisher that doesn't push them to release to early.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Iffy350
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Obsidian can PS:T is a testiment to that and KOTOR2s first few hours are really gripping as story elements, great characterization too. Obsidian just haven't ever had a publisher that doesn't push them to release to early. Orpheus_1986

Breaking droids with a blow torch is not "gripping" enough. Taris felt alive and both telos and paragus both felt like a dead waist of time. No atmosphere, telos station didn't fill alive and breathing and a lot of the random npc shared the same text and had the same voice over. I doubt any rumored game mods that complete the story could persuade me to wait 20+ hours of boring gameplay to finally get my hands on a lightsaber.

What the heck is PS:T?
Orpheus_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Orpheus_1986
Planescape Torment