from which the game is a girl?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Robi1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Robi1337
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

My guess would be Half-Life 2 Cinematic Mod. Not completely sure though

Rheorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rheorin
Member since 2010 • 211 Posts
Is that Alyx? Half-Life 2? Not sure.
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
yup half life 2 cinematic mod.
stoutlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stoutlad
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts
That's Half-Life 2. Alyx after the Cinematic mod. I think that's the right mod, but it's definitely Alyx from Half-Life 2.
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Kinda looks like Alyx Vance but thats just me

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

[QUOTE="Robi1337"]

Roland123_basic

from which the SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE.

and before any of you get on my case, this is an ENGLISH website meant for ENGLISH SPEAKING gamers. i would even argue the website is for North American gamers considering there are separate gamespot website for different regions.... excuse me for expecting people to speak proper ENGLISH when they post on an ENGLISH SPEAKING website.

that doesnt give you the right to be rude..

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

[QUOTE="devious742"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

and before any of you get on my case, this is an ENGLISH website meant for ENGLISH SPEAKING gamers. i would even argue the website is for North American gamers considering there are separate gamespot website for different regions.... excuse me for expecting people to speak proper ENGLISH when they post on an ENGLISH SPEAKING website.

Roland123_basic

explain how i am being rude. he is posting on an english speaking forum and cant even formulate a proper sentence. i am asking him to speak english. i even said please. i dont go on french, spanish, or japanese websites, butcher their language, and then expect people to converse and be nice to me...

He does have a good point. The french don't take these things too lightly. Speaking from experience here.

tratyu92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 tratyu92
Member since 2006 • 1773 Posts

[QUOTE="devious742"]

Roland123_basic

explain how i am being rude. he is posting on an english speaking forum and cant even formulate a proper sentence. i am asking him to speak english. i even said please. i dont go on french, spanish, or japanese websites, butcher their language, and then expect people to converse and be nice to me...

Chill out bro.
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

[QUOTE="devious742"] that doesnt give you the right to be rude..

tratyu92

Chill out bro.

who is mad? the guy said i was being rude.... i beg to differ.

BLUBBBER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BLUBBBER
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

[QUOTE="tratyu92"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] explain how i am being rude. he is posting on an english speaking forum and cant even formulate a proper sentence. i am asking him to speak english. i even said please. i dont go on french, spanish, or japanese websites, butcher their language, and then expect people to converse and be nice to me...

Roland123_basic

Chill out bro.

who is mad? the guy said i was being rude.... i beg to differ.

It's not like you're even using proper punctuation, so I don't see any reason why you should be judging him. Anyways, you understood what he meant, so there is not reason to use big capitals and call someone out like that.

Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ocid1
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

[QUOTE="chandu83"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] explain how i am being rude. he is posting on an english speaking forum and cant even formulate a proper sentence. i am asking him to speak english. i even said please. i dont go on french, spanish, or japanese websites, butcher their language, and then expect people to converse and be nice to me...

Roland123_basic

He does have a good point. The french don't take these things too lightly. Speaking from experience here.

i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do. im dead serious. why do english speakers think it is OK for people to butcher our language? why should i be tolerant?

its like when i go to the ATM at the bank, and it asks me if i want english or spanish..... **** NO i dont want spanish, i live in AMERICA, the native language is ENGLISH. i never once saw an ATM in a European country ask me if i wanted *insert native language* or english.... it was just *insert native language* or nothing... period.

excuse me for expecting people that want to converse with me to speak my language well enough that i can understand them...

Bad day?
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

[QUOTE="devious742"]

Roland123_basic

Well he did use English words so technically he was using English.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

[QUOTE="Treflis"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] explain how i am being rude. he is posting on an english speaking forum and cant even formulate a proper sentence. i am asking him to speak english. i even said please. i dont go on french, spanish, or japanese websites, butcher their language, and then expect people to converse and be nice to me...

Roland123_basic

Well he did use English words so technically he was using English.

so you are saying you can "speak" a language if you know a few words of vocabulary? that should make me fluent in about.....12 or so languages i would say. nice logic.

Indeed, Just a logical to go on one heck of a rant because one member who isn't from a country where the native language is English, isn't able to write " From what game is this girl from?" Are you for real, do such minor things really irritate you this much?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts

[QUOTE="Ocid1"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do. im dead serious. why do english speakers think it is OK for people to butcher our language? why should i be tolerant?

its like when i go to the ATM at the bank, and it asks me if i want english or spanish..... **** NO i dont want spanish, i live in AMERICA, the native language is ENGLISH. i never once saw an ATM in a European country ask me if i wanted *insert native language* or english.... it was just *insert native language* or nothing... period.

excuse me for expecting people that want to converse with me to speak my language well enough that i can understand them...

Roland123_basic

Bad day?

not a bad day, just tired of people supporting ignorance/tolerance. seems to happen a lot on these forums.

We don't support it, we just ignore it.

fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts

My guess would be Half-Life 2 Cinematic Mod. Not completely sure though

ventnor
Yup, it's the model they put in game in Cinematic Mod 10 for HL2
MaxGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MaxGamer
Member since 2002 • 16500 Posts

[QUOTE="Robi1337"]

Roland123_basic

Dude... there are citizens of our own country with worse English than that. There's also parts of the country where English isn't spoken at all.

If he can access this site, then he's allowed to post on these forums. That's why we have a little thing called "international freedom of information".

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts

[QUOTE="dannenissan2"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] not a bad day, just tired of people supporting ignorance/tolerance. seems to happen a lot on these forums.Roland123_basic

We don't support it, we just ignore it.

isnt that the same thing? "im not going to do anything about it, and allow them to do whatever they are doing, because it doesnt affect me."

I don't have time for your petty trifles.

Take your medication and relax.

MaxGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MaxGamer

[QUOTE="MaxGamer"]

Roland123_basic

Dude... there are citizens of our own country with worse English than that. There's also parts of the country where English isn't spoken at all.

If he can access this site, then he's allowed to post on these forums. That's why we have a little thing called "international freedom of information".

there are parts of america where english isnt spoken at all? rofl.... like... where exactly? this isnt canada. i didnt say he shouldnt be ALLOWED to post on the forums, i said he should speak english properly if he is going to post on these forums. BIG difference.

He should, but unfortunately he can't. I'm not sure exactly which parts, but I know there are border towns in Texas where Spanish is the main language. There are also China and Korea towns scattered about the country.

In case you didn't know, America doesn't have an official national language. It's just the medium by which we choose to speak.

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

[QUOTE="MaxGamer"]

MaxGamer

there are parts of america where english isnt spoken at all? rofl.... like... where exactly? this isnt canada. i didnt say he shouldnt be ALLOWED to post on the forums, i said he should speak english properly if he is going to post on these forums. BIG difference.

He should, but unfortunately he can't. I'm not sure exactly which parts, but I know there are border towns in Texas where Spanish is the main language. There are also China and Korea towns scattered about the country.

In case you didn't know, America doesn't have an official national language. It's just the medium by which we choose to speak.

the constitution of the united states of america, and ALL government documents are originally drafted in english. you would be hard pressed to find anyone that would deny that english is the national language of the USA.

from your own wikipedia document (which is hardly a scholarly resource, but legit enough for forums):

"English is the de facto national language of the United States"

yes, i understand what de facto means... that doesnt change the fact that it is considered the national language by the people.

MaxGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MaxGamer

[QUOTE="MaxGamer"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] there are parts of america where english isnt spoken at all? rofl.... like... where exactly? this isnt canada. i didnt say he shouldnt be ALLOWED to post on the forums, i said he should speak english properly if he is going to post on these forums. BIG difference.

Roland123_basic

the constitution of the united states of america, and ALL government documents are originally drafted in english. you would be hard pressed to find anyone that would deny that english is the national language of the USA.

from your own wikipedia document (which is hardly a scholarly resource, but legit enough for forums):

yes, i understand what de facto means... that doesnt change the fact that it is considered the national language by the people.

There's no debating what the nationally accepted language is. I'm just pointing out the fact that there's nothing in the law requiring anyone to speak a certain langauge or to speak one at any proficiency.

However, I do believe there's something in the law that says you can't deny one of their privileges because they can't speak your language of preference.

LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

Everyone has to learn, and no doubt the OP will get better at it. At least they tried...perhaps a short explanation of setence construction rather than a rant would be useful.

But anyway.

*Goes to insert all the missing 'u's into American English*

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Well this thread took a turn for the worst

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I agree with DJ_Headshot's piccture. Where can one get that mod? Been developing an itch to replay some quality single-player FPS games after finishing Metro 2033 yesterday.
MaxGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MaxGamer

Well this thread took a turn for the worst

DJ_Headshot

I guess it's too late to bring up my original thought and say that the manifestation in the image is not a girl. It is a set of compiled coding designed to tap into your innermost desires and fool your mind into thinking that you are in the presence of one of your many fantasies.

The 'Matrix effect' is upon us, ladies and gentlemen.

jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

i prefer the orginial. this one is a bit sluttier. thus making the orginal way more desirable. gawd i love her voice

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

[QUOTE="Robi1337"]

Roland123_basic

LOL, what a horrible ****!

Rheorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rheorin
Member since 2010 • 211 Posts
Somebody needs to lock this thread up. We've already answered the OP's question. We don't need another heated off-topic debate.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
God bless HL2 cinematic mod. Makes playing Half Life 2, 6 years later much easier. And it makes Alyx look hot. I was very impressed with CMod first glance.
JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts

Roland123_basic
Until you learn to use proper capitalization and punctuation, I'm not sure you qualify to criticize anyone's use of the English language.
markcaniga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 markcaniga
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

guys guys, he mad?

MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MuddVader
Member since 2007 • 6326 Posts

You come into a thread, and start telling someone off for not speaking flawless english? *sigh* . . . You certainly don't belong on a mainly american forum than with all the different ways in which people type.

I might just feel the rage building towards you for using a Sephiroth Avi and having numbers in your name.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

Robi1337

Thats Alyx from the FakeFactory Cinematic mod.

Kaeladar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kaeladar
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
[QUOTE="chandu83"]

Roland123_basic

i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do.

really ? it's quite surprising, at least from my point of view. i come on gamespot forums, despite being french, and one the reason is that french butcher their own language so much on forums that it hurts my eyes when i read most of them.
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

guys guys, he mad?

markcaniga

Next thing you know he's gonna go into a republican nerd rage about how the goobacks took our jerbs.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#47 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="chandu83"]

Kaeladar

i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do.

really ? it's quite surprising, at least from my point of view. i come on gamespot forums, despite being french, and one the reason is that french butcher their own language so much on forums that it hurts my eyes when i read most of them.

Well you must be one of those liberal french then :lol: Because my brief experience with the french has told me that they take their language very seriously.
Which is why I am a little surprised that English speakers don't. I am not a native English speaker, but I try hard just the same.
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts

@Roland123_basic chill out your just plin being nasty.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
I've never seen anyone get so upset over a 7 word sentence.
Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

[QUOTE="chandu83"]

Roland123_basic

i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do. im dead serious. why do english speakers think it is OK for people to butcher our language? why should i be tolerant?

I don't think anyone wanted to converse with you. That's one of the reasons why you're actions make you appear rude. No one addressed you, no one asked for your personal opinion. You made the choice to come into this thread when you could simply have ignored it. Rather than supply any helpful information at all you derail the thread by crying about how you're mad that someone on the internet made a post in poorly formulated English.

To further underscore your rude behavior you attacked someone else's English while not even bothering to even ensure that your own English was correct. Apparently you seem to have some kind of mandate on deciding when bad or incorrect English is terribly offensive and a personal insult to Americans and when it's just 'shorthand' that no one have any reason to be offended by. Seems awfully hypocritical to me.

And apparently this then becomes the fault of 'the liberals'. Somehow people who called you out on your poor behavior had to be 'tree huggers' and 'liberals'?

As others have pointed, even if this was the US and not an international network, the US does not have an official language. Nor does the US have any laws requiring people to speak English. People in the US can speak in whatever language we damn well please and it'd be none of your business if we choice to speak in a language other than English.

Now, since gamespot is a privately operated web site they can decide what languages should or should not be allowed and they can decide if there should or should not is some form of linguistic 'standard' required, but again, it's none of your business. It really should be quite obvious but if you don't like people with bad grammar, just don't reply to their posts.