from which the game is a girl?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

[QUOTE="Treflis"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] so you are saying you can "speak" a language if you know a few words of vocabulary? that should make me fluent in about.....12 or so languages i would say. nice logic.

Roland123_basic

Indeed, Just a logical to go on one heck of a rant because one member who isn't from a country where the native language is English, isn't able to write " From what game is this girl from?" Are you for real, do such minor things really irritate you this much?

are you for real? "hey no problem let people butcher the english language because i have no pride in anything, thanks liberals!!!" if you cant even have pride in your own language and expect others to speak it properly when they try to converse with you... then there must not be a whole lot left.

English isn't even my native tongue but I clearly manage to use it a little better then you it would seem, If you want to preach about butchering the English language then might I suggest you use Capital letters and such just to not make the entire thing your trying to pull off rather hypocritical.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Can't we all just be friends?
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

[QUOTE="chandu83"]

He does have a good point. The french don't take these things too lightly. Speaking from experience here.

Mazoch

i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do. im dead serious. why do english speakers think it is OK for people to butcher our language? why should i be tolerant?

its like when i go to the ATM at the bank, and it asks me if i want english or spanish..... **** NO i dont want spanish, i live in AMERICA, the native language is ENGLISH. i never once saw an ATM in a European country ask me if i wanted *insert native language* or english.... it was just *insert native language* or nothing... period.

excuse me for expecting people that want to converse with me to speak my language well enough that i can understand them...

I don't think anyone wanted to converse with you. That's one of the reasons why you're actions make you appear rude. No one addressed you, no one asked for your personal opinion. You made the choice to come into this thread when you could simply have ignored it. Rather than supply any helpful information at all you derail the thread by crying about how you're mad that someone on the internet made a post in poorly formulated English.

To further underscore your rude behavior you attacked someone else's English while not even bothering to even ensure that your own English was correct. Apparently you seem to have some kind of mandate on deciding when bad or incorrect English is terribly offensive and a personal insult to Americans and when it's just 'shorthand' that no one have any reason to be offended by. Seems awfully hypocritical to me.

And apparently this then becomes the fault of 'the liberals'. Somehow people who called you out on your poor behavior had to be 'tree huggers' and 'liberals'?

As others have pointed, even if this was the US and not an international network, the US does not have an official language. Nor does the US have any laws requiring people to speak English. People in the US can speak in whatever language we damn well please and it'd be none of your business if we choice to speak in a language other than English.

Now, since gamespot is a privately operated web site they can decide what languages should or should not be allowed and they can decide if there should or should not is some form of linguistic 'standard' required, but again, it's none of your business. It really should be quite obvious but if you don't like people with bad grammar, just don't reply to their posts.

Dam someone got owned hard.

Seriously, how can Roland123_basic question the TC's grammar when his posts are full of grammar errors. All he did was end up looking like a tool.

Oh, and who cares what the French think about people speaking their language poorly. They hate everyone.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

[QUOTE="Mazoch"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do. im dead serious. why do english speakers think it is OK for people to butcher our language? why should i be tolerant?

its like when i go to the ATM at the bank, and it asks me if i want english or spanish..... **** NO i dont want spanish, i live in AMERICA, the native language is ENGLISH. i never once saw an ATM in a European country ask me if i wanted *insert native language* or english.... it was just *insert native language* or nothing... period.

excuse me for expecting people that want to converse with me to speak my language well enough that i can understand them...

Roland123_basic

I don't think anyone wanted to converse with you. That's one of the reasons why you're actions make you appear rude. No one addressed you, no one asked for your personal opinion. You made the choice to come into this thread when you could simply have ignored it. Rather than supply any helpful information at all you derail the thread by crying about how you're mad that someone on the internet made a post in poorly formulated English.

To further underscore your rude behavior you attacked someone else's English while not even bothering to even ensure that your own English was correct. Apparently you seem to have some kind of mandate on deciding when bad or incorrect English is terribly offensive and a personal insult to Americans and when it's just 'shorthand' that no one have any reason to be offended by. Seems awfully hypocritical to me.

And apparently this then becomes the fault of 'the liberals'. Somehow people who called you out on your poor behavior had to be 'tree huggers' and 'liberals'?

As others have pointed, even if this was the US and not an international network, the US does not have an official language. Nor does the US have any laws requiring people to speak English. People in the US can speak in whatever language we damn well please and it'd be none of your business if we choice to speak in a language other than English.

Now, since gamespot is a privately operated web site they can decide what languages should or should not be allowed and they can decide if there should or should not is some form of linguistic 'standard' required, but again, it's none of your business. It really should be quite obvious but if you don't like people with bad grammar, just don't reply to their posts.

yeah... posting on a forum means you DONT want responses.... yeah not at all. *rolls eyes*

Damn, there's just no fooling you is there! Yes, of course the OP was looking for an answer, however no one asked for *your personal* input. And it might be worth pointing out that you failed to give a reply to the question either way, instead you choice to complain about something unrelated to the topic, or for that matter, relevant to the forum.

As I pointed out earlier, the US do not have a national language, it might be a hard concept for you to grasp, but you have no business nor do you have any right to try to demand that other speak a specific language. In addition you do not have any business or any right to try to demand that others hold themselves to some imagined linguistic standard.

However since the OP's grammar clearly causes you such anguish, I'll repost the simple and elegant solution. I hope it might serve you well going forward. If the grammar offends you, don't post in the thread, instead click the back button. This should save you the frustration trying to communicate with someone whose language obviously offends you and you'll avoid looking rude and a little silly by trying to force your personal opinions on others in spite of you having no legitimate reason to do so. Everyone wins!

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

I kept hoping that TC would come back and say that he was a 7 year old living in Milwaukee Wisconsin.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

from which the game is a girl?

Robi1337

I think determining Half-Life 2's gender might be a bit difficult.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10513 Posts

such a shame this forum is so heavily moderated. this could have been a really fun thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
1. TC posts a thread that consist of poor grammar. 2. Grammar-nazi enters thread and goes berserk. 3. Normal people flame the grammar-nazi. 4. ?????? 5. Thread locked.
nikosmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nikosmaster
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
half life 2 ???
Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts
[QUOTE="tratyu92"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

[QUOTE="devious742"] that doesnt give you the right to be rude..

explain how i am being rude. he is posting on an english speaking forum and cant even formulate a proper sentence. i am asking him to speak english. i even said please. i dont go on french, spanish, or japanese websites, butcher their language, and then expect people to converse and be nice to me...

Chill out bro.

the point of language is for the person for whom your sentence is directed for to understand what you want to express. I understand what he says. And the problem is????
Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="Mazoch"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do. im dead serious. why do english speakers think it is OK for people to butcher our language? why should i be tolerant?

yeah... posting on a forum means you DONT want responses.... yeah not at all. *rolls eyes*

responses about the topic he wants to discuss and not about their grammar/spelling.
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

Can't we all just be friends?Pvt_r3d
Say 'Can't we all just be friends?' again, I dare you, I double dare you!!

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Lolflamebbqthread

Stop derailing it further, the answer was giving, the guy sucked at english.

End of story.

EskimosAreReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 EskimosAreReal
Member since 2007 • 496 Posts

[QUOTE="devious742"]

from which the SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE.

and before any of you get on my case, this is an ENGLISH website meant for ENGLISH SPEAKING gamers. i would even argue the website is for North American gamers considering there are separate gamespot website for different regions.... excuse me for expecting people to speak proper ENGLISH when they post on an ENGLISH SPEAKING website.

Roland123_basic

that doesnt give you the right to be rude..

explain how i am being rude. he is posting on an english speaking forum and cant even formulate a proper sentence. i am asking him to speak english. i even said please. i dont go on french, spanish, or japanese websites, butcher their language, and then expect people to converse and be nice to me...

English is no longer the North American language. Where have you been?? When you move to another country they're expected to learn your language,not the other way around like it used to be and should still be.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="devious742"]

from which the SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE.

and before any of you get on my case, this is an ENGLISH website meant for ENGLISH SPEAKING gamers. i would even argue the website is for North American gamers considering there are separate gamespot website for different regions.... excuse me for expecting people to speak proper ENGLISH when they post on an ENGLISH SPEAKING website.

Roland123_basic

that doesnt give you the right to be rude..

Absolutely!

Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71 Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

from which the game is a boy?

roadwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 roadwish
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts

[QUOTE="chandu83"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] explain how i am being rude. he is posting on an english speaking forum and cant even formulate a proper sentence. i am asking him to speak english. i even said please. i dont go on french, spanish, or japanese websites, butcher their language, and then expect people to converse and be nice to me...

Roland123_basic

He does have a good point. The french don't take these things too lightly. Speaking from experience here.

i lived in Belgium for 5 years. you do NOT speak butchered french to a native french speaker. you are likely to get slapped if you do. im dead serious. why do english speakers think it is OK for people to butcher our language? why should i be tolerant?

Where I live we get to choose 3 languages at ATM's native (official) language, russian and english