Diablo 3 level cap increased to 160 and other massive changes

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Introducing the new Paragon System

After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
There are 100 Paragon levels
Every Paragon level will reward you with core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what youd gain from a normal level
3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

Legendary Item improvements - increased stats, give monster affixes and abilities to the player, summon angels or slave demons

General Systems changes - tweaks to coop modifiers, monster stats, repair costs, removal of enrage timers and regeneration of packs and no more invulnerable minions

Barbarian, DH, Monk, WD and Wizard changes - unpopular stuff is buffed and more

While many of these modifications benefit from collected player data, the item buffs and post-60 carrots on a stick are something that should have made it into the game at launch.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Holy crap, it's going to be an entirely different.

I really thought this was just a troll/joke thread too.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Too late in my eyes. Wasted $70 on this waste game :(
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wasdie  Moderator

Too late in my eyes. Wasted $70 on this waste game :(n00bkid

What's stopping you from making another character when this patch goes live?

Remember, it took Diablo 2 the LoD expansion before it was really great and it took World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade expansion before that was fantastic, and Starcraft 2 had a few months of issues before that was really praised by the community.

Blizzard games take awhile to mature. You don't play a Blizzard game for a few weeks after launch, you play them for years after launch. That's just how they are.

Yes, that sucks. Yes, you probably should have waited. I won't argue there.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wasdie  Moderator

Actually, going through all of the changes I'm actually getting excited to play Diablo 3 again...

I knew this was going to happen after launch. Happens with all Blizzard games. Is there any tenative release date for this content?

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Seems great and all. But I just want NEW content to play. The game is so short, and doing the same quests are over and over again seems tedious. Maybe that's just how Diablo games are. I haven't played Diablo 2 in almost a decade, so I guess farming is what this game is all about.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Nice.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Baranga

Yeah, the game needs more content. It's already short enough.

It also needs a STFU mode where none of the story events and dialogue happen.

They can at least steal the random map generator (accessed through loot and special kills) from Torchlight.

Is there any tenative release date for this content?

Wasdie

Final patch notes and the release date will be announced in the next days. It might drop as early as next Tuesday.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts

Yeah, the game needs more content. It's already short enough.

It also needs a STFU mode where none of the story events and dialogue happen.

They can at least steal the random map generator (accessed through loot and special kills) from Torchlight.

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Is there any tenative release date for this content?

Baranga

Final patch notes and the release date will be announced in the next days. It might drop as early as next Tuesday.

A horde mode, or generated dungeon system would be nice.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wasdie  Moderator

Seems great and all. But I just want NEW content to play. The game is so short, and doing the same quests are over and over again seems tedious. Maybe that's just how Diablo games are. I haven't played Diablo 2 in almost a decade, so I guess farming is what this game is all about.Chiddaling

That's how Diablo games are. The difference being in Diablo 2 you could keep running the same zones over and over easily. The removal of the lobby system really hurt that.

I remember doing Baal runs for dozens of hours to level up characters and grind out loot.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Baranga

I honestly don't understand why there are so few unique maps and events. They have fifty trillion employees and it's an isometric game. How hard is it to set up a cabal and deliver dungeons and Jar of Souls style events?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#12 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Looks good, all they need to do is make it have more replability later on.

Weither that means some new dungeons, random events or missions or what ever, that was my biggest issue with the game. The first 30-40 hour I had a blast with friends on D3 but after that I got bored stiff, aint played it in months.

I will def try D3 again when the updates hit. Hope they do an expansion to like D2 had, that really added to D2's shelf life for me.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Think inferno killed it for many fans including myself..Was fun at the start..Running with some people i met from kozzy an such good guys..How ever i quickly got bored of the game myself..Man i played for five months not on legendary lol even though they sucked i heard...My bro had two drop..Diablo 2 had more legen drop rates i think..I know that legends are suppose to be rare an all but cmon..Was half into my second character an still no drop lol..Although i have some very good rares..Well torchlight 2 will be out next month hopefully as well an that will hold me over for awhile..

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

I might actually start it up again with this patch

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I haven't touched the game since I beat Inferno, I might check out some of the new stuff from the patch but all these doodads don't change anything for me. There is still nothing for me to do. Upgraded abilitys and spiffy new items doesn't change the zero content available.
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

This is very nice, makes it more like D2:)

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Holy crap. I'm almost as stoked about the new patch as I was about the game in the first place. I'm gonna start playing again, and get my wizard to level 60, so I'm ready for this with him and my barb. AWESOME.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Patch looks very nice. Will probably pick it up again and start to grind out the same 4 acts.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Seems great and all. But I just want NEW content to play. The game is so short, and doing the same quests are over and over again seems tedious. Maybe that's just how Diablo games are. I haven't played Diablo 2 in almost a decade, so I guess farming is what this game is all about.Chiddaling
I feel the same way. Farming just isn't my thing. I prefer new content.

I honestly don't understand why there are so few unique maps and events. They have fifty trillion employees and it's an isometric game. How hard is it to set up a cabal and deliver dungeons and Jar of Souls style events?

Baranga
My thoughts exactly.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

[QUOTE="Chiddaling"]Seems great and all. But I just want NEW content to play. The game is so short, and doing the same quests are over and over again seems tedious. Maybe that's just how Diablo games are. I haven't played Diablo 2 in almost a decade, so I guess farming is what this game is all about.Elann2008

Baranga

My thoughts exactly.

Then Diablo is not for you, as that is what Diablo is all about. It's not an MMO where you get regular content updates, it's a one of payment game.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Chiddaling"]Seems great and all. But I just want NEW content to play. The game is so short, and doing the same quests are over and over again seems tedious. Maybe that's just how Diablo games are. I haven't played Diablo 2 in almost a decade, so I guess farming is what this game is all about.Elann2008

Baranga

My thoughts exactly.

You're not going to get new content.

The only new content that Diablo 2 ever received was an expansion pack. There wasn't weekly content updates or anything. People just kept grinding the same 5 acts for 10 years.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Also, this happened today:

XrNPo.png

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Pleasantly surprised coming into this thread - might be time to get back into D3, though I really would like to see more areas and levels to explore. I wonder how loot levels intend to work along with these new Paragon levels
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wasdie  Moderator

Also, this happened today:

XrNPo.png

xLittlekillx

Oh no, people have opinions. Let's all be mad at them!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Non of that will matter if the loot still sucks, sure they are buffing legendarys but what are the chances of actually finding a good one? I will refrain passing judgment till I put some time into the patch, but I dont trust blizzard and there "random" drops and "random number generators".

Running the same 4 areas needs to be fun, its a loot finding game, and the only thing that can be fun about running the same crap over and over is actually finding loot. At this point it seems like blizzard just wants people to buy it. They can change all they want if the loot sucks, the game will continue to tank and suck.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I didn't stop playing Diablo 3 due to lack of levels.
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
I just wish they allow us to skip around the acts without having to leave the game or repeat quests.
terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
I didn't expect them to freely add content like an mmo. I just expected more for $60. Also, this game is not as flexible for the users as its predecessor. The lack of a lobby system alone just guts the experience significantly for me personally.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

At this point it seems like blizzard just wants people to buy it.

Advid-Gamer

How dare a company actually want people to buy their product! With 10 million and still counting, the last thing they need are sales.

The game will continue to tank and suck.

Advid-Gamer

4537-you-know.jpg Yet you still put 400+ hours into the game.

BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

Blizzard games take awhile to mature. You don't play a Blizzard game for a few weeks after launch, you play them for years after launch. That's just how they are.

Wasdie

Yep. Exactly. People will look back on Diablo 3 in high regard like their other titles. This patch is hopefully just the start of that.

Can't wait to see the changes go live.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

At this point it seems like blizzard just wants people to buy it.

ChubbyGuy40

How dare a company actually want people to buy their product! With 10 million and still counting, the last thing they need are sales.

The game will continue to tank and suck.

Advid-Gamer

4537-you-know.jpg Yet you still put 400+ hours into the game.

Trying to find loot that wasnt there, I always said the game was fun but the loot sucks, I dont see your point other then you trying to troll me. Still havent beat inferno have you noob, STFU and get off my nuts.
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts
Something else to look forward too besides loot grinding is always a plus. I'm excited. I will load up D3 once the patch hits, especially with the WD buffs to pets. :D
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'm still pissed they didn't add a cleric/paladin, the closes thing to it is a monk which even though mine is lvl 60, just doesn't feel like a holy warrior that I like to play.

Another 100 lvls doesn't make me scream in joy and want to pick up D3 again, in fact lvln again just turns me off, it's the same thing that is going on in WoW. New expansion hits and it's like "more lvln/grinding to do hell yeah!!!" then I continue to barf in a corner looking at all my alts that need to be lvled...AGAIN!!!.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Advid gamer, you're so up your ass you don't even know what you want to talk about anymore, just go away and take your nuts and all your unfulfilled desires with you.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChubbyGuy40

Trying to find loot that wasnt there, I always said the game was fun but the loot sucks, I dont see your point other then you trying to troll me. Still havent beat inferno have you noob, STFU and get off my nuts. Advid-Gamer

Trying to find loot that wasn't there? This doesn't make sense. Always said the game was fun? Then why do you always jump at me for "defending" the game for being fun? Not trolling you. Just trying to understand how you can say a game sucks over and over, yet you still put 400+ hours into the game (and probably still putting more.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Advid gamer, you're so up your ass you don't even know what you want to talk about anymore, just go away and take your nuts and all your unfulfilled desires with you.DanielDust
Go drown or something, I will respond when attacked. Plain and simple.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]Trying to find loot that wasnt there, I always said the game was fun but the loot sucks, I dont see your point other then you trying to troll me. Still havent beat inferno have you noob, STFU and get off my nuts. ChubbyGuy40

Trying to find loot that wasn't there? This doesn't make sense. Always said the game was fun? Then why do you always jump at me for "defending" the game for being fun? Not trolling you. Just trying to understand how you can say a game sucks over and over, yet you still put 400+ hours into the game (and probably still putting more.)

The gamplay is fun, playing with my friends was fun, having to break down and buy gear to progress everytime was not. Farming for loot was not fun, hardly any good gear dropped ever. It was fun enough where if they fix the gear I will go back and play with my friends. Hence why I said I will refrain from judging till I put time in to the patch to see if they actually fixed gear drops.A loot farming game with bad loot gets old, I dont know how many times I have to say that to get it past your thick skull.The game itself was fun, staying just to farm is not right now. Cant break it down any more then that for you.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

lol won't save the terrible game.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Baranga

nv4hmkhszo.gif.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

nv4hmkhszo.gif.

Baranga

Awesome.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I thought 160 was a troll attempt. Perhaps later i'll play it again. (I just wonder how many hours for level 160. 1 billion?).

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChubbyGuy40

The gamplay is fun, playing with my friends was fun, having to break down and buy gear to progress everytime was not. Farming for loot was not fun, hardly any good gear dropped ever. It was fun enough where if they fix the gear I will go back and play with my friends. Hence why I said I will refrain from judging till I put time in to the patch to see if they actually fixed gear drops.A loot farming game with bad loot gets old, I dont know how many times I have to say that to get it past your thick skull.The game itself was fun, staying just to farm is not right now. Cant break it down any more then that for you.

Advid-Gamer

So because one mechanic of the game wasn't suited to your liking, the game is a terrible abomination and the developers should feel bad. How was gear dropping broken when it worked (almost) exactly as the developer intended it to? You (and many others) went into this game with the wrong mindset. You were focused on beating the game, not getting loot. So when you hit a block in Inferno, you blamed Blizzard for designing it in a way that didn't suit you. That is why you bought loot, instead of farming it for yourself. You gave up because you weren't getting your way of beating the game.

I thought 160 was a troll attempt. Perhaps later i'll play it again. (I just wonder how many hours for level 160. 1 billion?).

Masculus

With the NVx5 buff, 1.4 million level 63 kills. 10.5 billion XP. It's gonna take quite a long time.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Im looking forward to it, however the legendary drop rate is way too small for me to get exicted. I have over 500 hours and have only found like 4 legendary weapons, 3 of those i found them by breaking objects (which blizzard got rid of). The game def needs some more content though, but i dont think it will be getting that anytime soon.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
They said 1.0.4 was coming fourth week of August and they always patch on Tuesday. Hope tomorrow's the day! I'm not one of these "let's hate D3" fanatics. I think the game is have difficulty balancing itself as a lucrative business model and a fun game for the fans, but it's a Blizzard game. Lord knows, increased drop rates or not, that the game won't be left in the dust.
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

For me to play it again, they'd have to get rid of the drm, rework the loot system completely to reward you as if there wasn't any kind of auction house at all, either rewrite the terrible dialogue or give me the option to turn it off completely, and make leveling up an interesting affair with actual choices in progression.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
The level cap is the least of the problems with Diablo 3. Also, the Facebook drama is a nice touch.
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#48 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Masculus
the same as from 1 to 99 in D2
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#49 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Haven't touched Diablo 3 in like forever so maybe this patch might get my group back into it.

AlexZor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AlexZor
Member since 2011 • 81 Posts

I still won't be picking the game back up. Blizzard still has no clue that core stats are boring and are not going to make the game fun. When are we getting off the wall skill affixes again? Weresin or werebarb anyone? If I want WoW stat progression, I'll play WoW.