• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

edeekeos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 edeekeos
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
because i agree with proven facts, ok? pulled that right out of ur ass didnt you.
xiixiix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 xiixiix
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

Now a days, EVERY game has incredible graphics, be it PC or console. We're in an era where everything looks good, and that's probably not a good thing. When every game has cutting edge graphics, the next determinate becomes substance of the game, and that's when you'll see just how lacking this generation of games is. Before, games only had some weirdass gimic or feature and not much of a story at all (Max Payne, Killswitch, Gears of War, etc.). The only reason to play was some 'nice new graphics' and some gimic of 'oh you take cover in this game!' or 'ohh bullet trail lol' and that's why it sold. Now EVERY game looks cutting edge, and people will realize "wait why am I playing this POS game cause it's hyped, when 50 other games look just as good, yet are more fun to play.."

9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
Unreal Tournament 3 demo, GRAW 2, R6V, BioshockCoD4 demo, Timeshift demo, Half Life 2 E2, CAll of Juarez, Supreme Commander, World in Conflict
Dinsdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Dinsdale
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
I'm not disputing the facts, it's just about how you jumped in with the personal attacks......that's all.
jtsigos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jtsigos
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
Jericho demo has amazing visuals. The weather effects are astonishing...
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
[QUOTE="portujoel5"]

Like I said. Why don't we all agree that dual 8800GTX is the way to go?

saintvalentine

Becos is hella expensive and games like World in Conflict are so bad optimized that dont even use sli well -.-" is better to get one instead or wait for the new 9800 GTX ^^.

---

I got my 8800gts(320).

And i can say i am proud of it, right now i play the crysisBETA with most setting on high at 1280x1024 with 4AA with 27 stable fps and is very playable for me and the beta is a build from 2006 witch doesnt even has optimization.

Oh and guys, even though WiC is such a cool game...it doesnt deserve a GTX...FFS just lower textures to medium and the game is playable even with antialiasing!!! and most of your time is going to be expended seeing the sun shafts and the smoke...not thetanks textures witch are great visually on medium ^^.

Whatever is my simple opinion and oh!....i got my GTS for 220 bucks :P i bought it from a friend who didnt have money and needed it ASAP.

The best buy i have ever done.

Hey saint, go into your crysis beta options and look at the anti-aliasing option. You'll notice that it has been turned to off.

greatmax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 greatmax1
Member since 2006 • 1868 Posts

i have a feeling edeekos and raven are the same guy lol...and if they arent the same, they are probablybuttbuddies or friends, something like that.Anyways, cant you guys just argue and discuss without throwing in personal insults and all these damn "u r 10 lulz, PWnEd". Just discuss without trying to insult everyone that doesnt agree with you, geez...

( To raven a.k.a. edeekos :P)

sheeda_blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 sheeda_blade
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts

Well if you are FPS nut you could always play Bio shock (but I couldn't recommend you because I haven't played it and so I am only relying on what I have read). You could buy rainbow six vegas it will give your PC a good work over and it looks fantastic for an Unreal engine game.

If you want an RTS to test your PC than theres Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts or Simply Company of Heroes, Supreme commader simply because it robs the PC of all it Horse Power or World in Conflict because its truly a Dx10 game so you will see your cards real potential.

Take my advice save the money buy a better card 8800GTX or 8800Ultra and download UT3 demo to see the performance or Call of Duty 4. To save money on the card look for other PC manufacturers that are not famous PINE, INNO etc

:P

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#110 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
Bioshock is pretty good looking, especially the water and characters, It is also a great game, so get it.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

Well if you are FPS nut you could always play Bio shock (but I couldn't recommend you because I haven't played it and so I am only relying on what I have read). You could buy rainbow six vegas it will give your PC a good work over and it looks fantastic for an Unreal engine game.

If you want an RTS to test your PC than theres Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts or Simply Company of Heroes, Supreme commader simply because it robs the PC of all it Horse Power or World in Conflict because its truly a Dx10 game so you will see your cards real potential.

Take my advice save the money buy a better card 8800GTX or 8800Ultra and download UT3 demo to see the performance or Call of Duty 4. To save money on the card look for other PC manufacturers that are not famous PINE, INNO etc

:P

sheeda_blade

I would go the opposite way and not recommend unknown hardware manufacturers, that's just silly. :?

sheeda_blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112 sheeda_blade
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts

Well you are right but it all comes down to how the things are manufactured and since they all use the same components the excpetion being that the cheaper cards like 8800 gtx by INNO 3d Vs 8800 gtx of MSI have more bigger software bundles with them and they are hence more expensive. Like I bought my 6800 GT by INNO 3d for the price of a 6600 GT by MSI I only got a copy of some obscure Delta Force title and not Doom 3 and other 5 or 6 games that would have come with the 6600 GT by MSI but I got a better card for the same price and it ran longer many people say that there are cooling issues and stuff but mine came with a heat sink made by Cool Master and I was surprised after wards that why don't people by these cards they are virtually the same thing with the same amount of Warranty so why buy an expensive card.

Peace :D

xBoB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 xBoB
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts

wow i dont know where you are living but for me a GTX is 750 $ + 14% Tx AHAHAHAHA

Maybe its stuff that fall form delivery trucks ahah (you know what i mean)

WARxSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 WARxSnake
Member since 2006 • 2154 Posts

Yeah I would also recommend a GTX. And since you want to play games withhigh agraphical performance I would suggest you buy some more RAM, upgrade to like 4 Gigs or sum. Especially for games like Crysis.

KiwiforBrain

No game including crysis takes advantage of more than 2GB of ram. The rest will help keep windows and background apps stable but won't affect map loading or reduction in game stuttering at all.

Unless you're a video editor, work with photoshop, 3dsmax, or any 3d package, or intensive software, there is no reason for more than 2 GB.

onuruca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#115 onuruca
Member since 2007 • 2881 Posts

try stranglehold

nathris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 nathris
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts

I feel I have to point out a few things:

1. When people say a game runs at 30fps they are talking about the average. I don't know about other people, but when I play a game it fluctuates by about 10 fps depending on whether I'm shooting up a building full of hostiles or when I'm crawling my way through a vent. A game running at "30 fps" may indeed dip into the low 20s during action, making things look slow or choppy. A game running at 60 fps however will usually never go below 40 fps, so it will remain much more fluid, to use this thread's buzzword.

2. Personally I never trust reviews from Tom's hardware. The only thing I ever use it for is to compare the 3dmark settings from their massive comparison list. If you notice, on the last test from http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/09/directx_10_shootout/page7.html the 8600 GTS apparently out performs the 8800 GTS 640. Now some people may look at that, then look at the 768mb GTX and say that the GTX is 4 times faster than the GTS, when in actual fact, the only reason the GTS is getting 6fps is because WiC on very high 19x12 uses just a bit more than 640mb of video memory. Bottlenecked fps should never be compared to unbottlenecked fps.

3. Why do you people insist on using the absolute maximum settings? If you want to play a game on max go get yourself SLI 8800Ultras. Personally I can't tell the difference between ultra high and a custom setting with everything on ultra except one or two of those little extra effects that you only notice if you have been shown a comparison screenshot that generally knock 15-20% off of the fps.

Games are made to be scalable, so saying that you 'need' to upgrade your video card in order to play games that are coming out in a few months is absolute BS. I'm using an x850xt, a card that came out in 2004, and I max, or nearly max every game not made in the last year and a half, and can run any game made this year(exluding the SM3.0 exlusives:evil: ) at at least medium settings, expect crysis, which I run at low, although it still looks better than any other game I've played on max. I paid $70 total for my card, and I'm getting nearly as much enjoyment out of it as those of you who spend upwards of $300 for the latest technology. When the 9x00 series comes out I'm going to start looking for a cheap 7900, x1950 or maybe even a 7950. Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you absolutely need to run a game at max, then don't complain about the price, if you don't mind running a game on high or very high, then it doesn't really matter what video card you get at long as it isn't a completely stripped down shell of a better card(cough*x1900gt*cough).