Would you vote for an atheist? (Now with POLL)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#151 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]migkiller, not everything in the Bible can be proven scientifically i.e. The Flood, Jesus' birth, God himself, Jesus' mircales, etc. Can EVERYTHING that evolution says be proven scientifically?mig_killer2
did you even go to my website?

I did... but i didn't understand he was talking about the Flood not how old the earth was.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#152 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Nope.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts
i would never vote for an athiest. athiests don't believe in goD!!Wolfmiser
I cant tell if you're serious
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 mig_killer2

[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]migkiller, not everything in the Bible can be proven scientifically i.e. The Flood, Jesus' birth, God himself, Jesus' mircales, etc. Can EVERYTHING that evolution says be proven scientifically?battlefront23

I did... but i didn't understand he was talking about the Flood not how old the earth was.

after reading what I had to say at my webiste, do you still believe in a global flood?
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts

then why do you call yourself an atheist?

battlefront23

1) I never called myself an atheist... I'm an agnostic.

2) Buddhism doesn't have a 'deity' per say, it can be religious, or it can be a guide to life.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Solid_Snake325
Why are so many of you guys atheists, trying to defend a just cause that basically means that you believe in nothing? We need more Christians on this board....
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"]

[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]migkiller, not everything in the Bible can be proven scientifically i.e. The Flood, Jesus' birth, God himself, Jesus' mircales, etc. Can EVERYTHING that evolution says be proven scientifically?mig_killer2

after reading what I had to say at my webiste, do you still believe in a global flood?

Yes because God has divine power over everything...

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 battlefront23

Why are so many of you guys atheists, trying to defend a just cause that basically means that you believe in nothing? We need more Christians on this board....Solid_Snake325

AMEN

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
Yes, I'd probably support them more simply because they'd have unbiased and a reasonable view of things.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

migkiller, not everything in the Bible can be proven scientifically i.e. The Flood, Jesus' birth, God himself, Jesus' mircales, etc. Can EVERYTHING that evolution says be proven scientifically?battlefront23

Many of the events in the bible can be DISproven scientifically.

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]migkiller, not everything in the Bible can be proven scientifically i.e. The Flood, Jesus' birth, God himself, Jesus' mircales, etc. Can EVERYTHING that evolution says be proven scientifically?battlefront23

Yes because god has divine power over everything...

a global flood 9Km deep, unlike creationism, is a testable hypothesis which makes predictions. We can see if these predictions are true, and evaluate the validity of the hypothesis. We have analyzed these predictions and have found that they are not observable and contradict the flood hypothesis
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#162 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Fantasy aka religion needs to stay out of politics.kalloo
u need ta chill out wit tht whole hatin on religion just cuz ppl believe in a god doesnt make them stupid n doesnt make u superior to them in neway

I have nothing against religious people, it just doesn't belong in politics.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

Why are so many of you guys atheists, trying to defend a just cause that basically means that you believe in nothing? We need more Christians on this board....Solid_Snake325

Because it's ridiculous to label a candidate for any sort of office as unqualified because of their personal beliefs, which are not meant to coincide with their powers of office. It's amazing how 52% of people in America are willing to throw away a reasonable candidate just because they belive in something different, or nothing at all.

This isn't a matter of defending atheism, it's a matter of defending qualified candidates that are discarded of their chances at getting into office simply because of a lack of faith.

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 mig_killer2

[QUOTE="kalloo"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Fantasy aka religion needs to stay out of politics.mimic-Denmark

u need ta chill out wit tht whole hatin on religion just cuz ppl believe in a god doesnt make them stupid n doesnt make u superior to them in neway

I dont think it is nice to call religion a fantasy.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]migkiller, not everything in the Bible can be proven scientifically i.e. The Flood, Jesus' birth, God himself, Jesus' mircales, etc. Can EVERYTHING that evolution says be proven scientifically?mig_killer2

a global flood 9Km deep, unlike creationism, is a testable hypothesis which makes predictions. We can see if these predictions are true, and evaluate the validity of the hypothesis. We have analyzed these predictions and have found that they are not observable and contradict the flood hypothesis

Since God created these rules, He can bend them to his will. Can I ask you something: do you think Jesus was born of a virgin?

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 mimic-Denmark
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

[QUOTE="kalloo"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Fantasy aka religion needs to stay out of politics.mig_killer2

I dont think it is nice to call religion a fantasy.

Well, you are entitled to your belief of course, and im entitled to mine, and mine is religion is a good bed time story but nothing more.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#167 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
in a heartbeat, religion has no place in politics
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

Since God created these rules, He can bend them to his will. Can I ask you something: do you think Jesus was born of a virgin?

I dunno. I do know it takes a leap of faith to actually believe in the divinity of jesus (born of a virgin and raised from the dead). so, i dunno

anyway, you're assuming that God created a flood, and then destroyed all evidence of the flood to fool us?

worshipping a great deciever for the lose!

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Solid_Snake325
in a heartbeat, religion has no place in politicsmlbslugger86
It may not have a place, but it can strongly influence how a candidate acts and where his values are.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

I dunno. I do know it takes a leap of faith to actually believe in the divinity of jesus (born of a virgin and raised from the dead). so, i dunno

anyway, you're assuming that God created a flood, and then destroyed all evidence of the flood to fool us?

Well in MY opinion, Christianity makes the most sense.

edit: sorry for the horrible grammar!

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Solid_Snake325
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

That's not it at all, your ignorance is sad.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

Well if all belie systems, un MY opinion, Christianity makes the most sense.

Im a christian, but not because it makes the most sense to me. Im a christian because it helps me as a person. Honestly, atheism really does make most sense to me, but it doesn't help me as a person. christianity does. believing in a God who loves me so much that he'd send his only begotten son to die for me and save me from eternal damnation.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

Im a christian, but not because it makes the most sense to me. Im a christian because it helps me as a person. Honestly, atheism really does make most sense to me, but it doesn't help me as a person. christianity does. believing in a God who loves me so much that he'd send his only begotten son to die for me and save me from eternal damnation.

Dude then why are you fighting me? We're brothers in Christ! :) And also its one or the other, not both.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

then why do you call yourself an atheist?

battlefront23

Atheism is just lack of belief in a deity. Buddhism technically fulfills those requirements.

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]

Dude then why are you fighting me? We're brothers in Christ! :) And also its one or the other, not both.

one or the other?
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Hewkii

Dude then why are you fighting me? We're brothers in Christ! :)

battlefront23

Catholics and Protestants fight each other daily...

Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#177 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
well, idk, thats a good question, i wouldnt mind if he knew wut he was doing. then i wouldnt really care.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="battlefront23"]

Dude then why are you fighting me? We're brothers in Christ! :)

Hewkii

Catholics and Protestants fight each other daily...

people who harm others in the name of God are NOT christians.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 battlefront23
You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 mig_killer2
You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.battlefront23
can someone believe in evolution and be a christian according to you?
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Hewkii

people who harm others in the name of God are NOT christians. mig_killer2

I'm not necessarily talking physically. take this, for example.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Solid_Snake325
[QUOTE="battlefront23"]You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.mig_killer2

Nope, definetely not according to me.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.mig_killer2

NO

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#184 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
[QUOTE="muff07"]in the UK any priminister must not let god etc get involved in political polocies and he isnt aloud to actually be part of a church or be a registered member of any religion. its a system that works i personally would not vote for a dumba**(bush) or a christian because there believe have effect on there polocies.Bourbons3
Tony Blair was an open Christian, and even said this influenced his decision to help invade Iraq. So that's your theory out the window :|

Dont you have to be part of the Church of England to be voted Prime Minister?
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 helium_flash
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.Solid_Snake325

My parents believe in evolution and are christians... what's that make them?
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 battlefront23

[QUOTE="Solid_Snake325"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.helium_flash

All I know is I'm pretty sure they're going to hell *flame shield up*

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 EboyLOL
You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.battlefront23
Is this a joke? There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of other deistic religions besides Christianity.
Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Solid_Snake325
[QUOTE="Solid_Snake325"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.helium_flash

Good question, I'm not sure. I mean it's good that at least they believe in God, but creationism is a pretty big deal for Christianity, and if they don't believe in that, then I don't think they have a very strong belief in Christianity or at least fully understand it and its principles.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.EboyLOL
Is this a joke? There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of other deistic religions besides Christianity.

Look at the post in context... I was referring to the comparison between Atheists and Christianity...

cukoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#190 cukoo
Member since 2004 • 265 Posts
Why would I want someone who doesn't believe in God leading this country? Someone that is letting God lead his or her life is going to make better decisions than someone that isn't letting God guide his or her life. All we need is a president that will take away religious freedoms and persecute those that believe in God. Is that what you all want? If you don't believe in God then that's your choice, but an athiest will certainly not make a good president due to the fact that this person will make decisions based on public pressures and feelings. They won't know how to discern a situation and ask God to help them make the best decision. That's the difference between an athiest and someone who believes and follows God.
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 EboyLOL

[QUOTE="EboyLOL"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.battlefront23

Look at the post in context... I was referring to the comparison between Atheists and Christianity...

Who were you responding to? You didn't quote anyone.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 helium_flash
[QUOTE="greenprince"][QUOTE="Bourbons3"][QUOTE="helium_flash"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I can't answer that.....since coming to OT I've gotten an unfavorable opinion of atheists. While I know not all individuals in a group are similiar...it gives me pause now.Bourbons3
Same thing happened to me, except for Brits.

Wait...what? I can't work out if you just said something positive or negative about me :?

His just saying that most of the British individuals he met were unkind to him.

Oh noes :(

Ok, i pretty much said was LJ said, except replace "atheists" with "brits."
Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Solid_Snake325
Why would I want someone who doesn't believe in God leading this country? Someone that is letting God lead his or her life is going to make better decisions than someone that isn't letting God guide his or her life. All we need is a president that will take away religious freedoms and persecute those that believe in God. Is that what you all want? If you don't believe in God then that's your choice, but an athiest will certainly not make a good president due to the fact that this person will make decisions based on public pressures and feelings. They won't know how to discern a situation and ask God to help them make the best decision. That's the difference between an athiest and someone who believes and follows God.cukoo
Very well said.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mimic-Denmark

Why would I want someone who doesn't believe in God leading this country? Someone that is letting God lead his or her life is going to make better decisions than someone that isn't letting God guide his or her life. All we need is a president that will take away religious freedoms and persecute those that believe in God. Is that what you all want? If you don't believe in God then that's your choice, but an athiest will certainly not make a good president due to the fact that this person will make decisions based on public pressures and feelings. They won't know how to discern a situation and ask God to help them make the best decision. That's the difference between an athiest and someone who believes and follows God.cukoo

Well the problem is, god dosnt answer back.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Hewkii

All we need is a president that will take away religious freedoms and persecute those that believe in God. Is that what you all want? cukoo

Hitler claimed he was Catholic and did just that...

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="cukoo"]Why would I want someone who doesn't believe in God leading this country? Someone that is letting God lead his or her life is going to make better decisions than someone that isn't letting God guide his or her life. All we need is a president that will take away religious freedoms and persecute those that believe in God. Is that what you all want? If you don't believe in God then that's your choice, but an athiest will certainly not make a good president due to the fact that this person will make decisions based on public pressures and feelings. They won't know how to discern a situation and ask God to help them make the best decision. That's the difference between an athiest and someone who believes and follows God.mimic-Denmark

Yeah, he left that part out.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 helium_flash
[QUOTE="helium_flash"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake325"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="battlefront23"]You're a Christian OR you're an atheist.Solid_Snake325

Good question, I'm not sure. I mean it's good that at least they believe in God, but creationism is a pretty big deal for Christianity, and if they don't believe in that, then I don't think they have a very strong belief in Christianity or at least fully understand it and its principles.

My parents are Christian and believe in evolution, just like they dont believe in Noah's Arc. You dont HAVE to believe everything in the bible. Like people on this forum say, it is a 2000 year old book that has been translated many times.
Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Solid_Snake325
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

[QUOTE="cukoo"]Why would I want someone who doesn't believe in God leading this country? Someone that is letting God lead his or her life is going to make better decisions than someone that isn't letting God guide his or her life. All we need is a president that will take away religious freedoms and persecute those that believe in God. Is that what you all want? If you don't believe in God then that's your choice, but an athiest will certainly not make a good president due to the fact that this person will make decisions based on public pressures and feelings. They won't know how to discern a situation and ask God to help them make the best decision. That's the difference between an athiest and someone who believes and follows God.JML897

Yeah, he left that part out.

You guys don't know what you're talking about, God does answer back, just not in a manly voice spoken out loud.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

I don't think an atheist president would go as far as to hinder the rights of someone who is religious. If anything, they would seek to bring balance to the political board by not being biased in favor of Christiantiy, which has been prevalent for too long. I'm not saying being Christian and in a position of power is bad, I'm just saying that it's borderline unconstitutional to bring it into politics, as separation of Church and State is meant to apply to everyone. However, lately I'm starting to question if we even look at the constitution as much as we should.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Hewkii

You guys don't know what you're talking about, God does answer back, just not in a manly voice spoken out loud. Solid_Snake325

and we all know he isn't just that...