Why is 2pac so highly regarded?

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

Because he was killed while popular. When a singer dies during popularity, they become prolific automatically. 

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Because that's why. Awww yeah....

Avatar image for TheWestCoastDon
TheWestCoastDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103 TheWestCoastDon
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
It's not an easy question to answer. I'll always consider Tupac to be semi-bipolar. He had an obligation to make music that could be played at parties and clubs (which he did really well) but I think his real intention was to make music that would speak to people. And that's exactly what ended up happening. Millions of Tupac fans will tell you that his music speaks to them, whether it's his rebellious nature or opinions on life in general, he connected with listeners and that's something very few rappers can brag about. Being able to touch people with just your words is something special. (Changes is my favorite hip-hop song of all time.) Great rappers have that quality. Hell if you really want an answer to your question just watch the Tupac Resurection Documentary. Tupac is someone who will always be considered amazing to those who have love for him but you have love for him you have to understand what he stood for. His music is just a reflection of himself, whenever I listen to him I feel like I can move forward in life and it's just another conformation to learn who I am and carry that in my life. It's not something I really want you get into but I've felt if you get him then you know why, if not it's cool just know that he's considered one of the greats. Also that fact that Biggie clamined to be a player but he fu*ked his wife
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 JJ_Productions
Member since 2008 • 1067 Posts
Tupac had a revolutionary mindset that was contrary to the direction society wanted to go. He was the descendant of black panthers who had stood side by side with Huey Newton and others. Tupac, had been targeted by the FBI before he even became famous because of that connection, and it was that that caused his death. He didn't die because of the beef with biggie. He had numerous attempts on his life by white officers before. This is not speculations, these are facts. Tupac was killed because he had the potential to be Malcolm X times 2. Remember, Tupac was young. Imagine his mindset had he grown into the age of elders. His wisdom and insight on today's issues would be nothing like we see from any artist today.
Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts
He one of the most influential artists in the genre. You can't look at rap and not think of the 90's, as it was it's prime.
Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
I'm getting Thug life tatted on my chest singin thug life to my hommies ya hear me i'm coming for you
liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 liberalus
Member since 2013 • 791 Posts

he represented the african-american community, spoke bad about racism. all u ppl dissing him about being "bipolar" need 2 understand context

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10454 Posts

because he was humble and we could all relate to a lot of what he said, gang related or not.

when he told stories of his own fears, self-doubt, self-loathing, paranoia, having to cope with no money, the loss of friends, caught up in a life he didn't necessarily want to be part of etc. all are very real human emotions that when we hear expressed most of us can say "yeah i remember feeling like that at a particular point in my life." so we connect with him.

he also had the ability to unleash a bout of emotion and passionate intensity when needed that other rappers simply could not and cannot get close to

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

because he was humble and we could all relate to a lot of what he said, gang related or not.

when he told stories of his own fears, self-doubt, self-loathing, paranoia, having to cope with no money, the loss of friends, caught up in a life he didn't necessarily want to be part of etc. all are very real human emotions that when we hear expressed most of us can say "yeah i remember feeling like that at a particular point in my life." so we connect with him.

he also had the ability to unleash a bout of emotion and passionate intensity when needed that other rappers simply could not and cannot get close to

Macutchi
well said
Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
I think everyone in here should read this thread it is a damn good read.. http://www.makaveli-board.net/showthread.php?6682-did-2pac-shoot-him-self-in-the-balls-by-accident/page2