Why do you drink alcohol?

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="ColdExistence"] Coming from the guy who admitted to getting high on pills.

ColdExistence

Pills are safer than alcohol. The only dangerous part of pills are the painkillers with APAP, which in high doses damages the liver. Alcohol damages the liver worse, especially when the guy says he drinks multiple drinks. I hope you get cirrhosis of the liver and suffer a painful death.

That's going to be pretty difficult for me. I've put drinking to get drunk behind me a long time ago. I don't do other drugs either. I just sometimes enjoy a beer or two (no more). But thank you for wishing death upon. At least when I'm dead I won't have to listen to your nonsense.

Wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the douchebag who called me a dimwit.

certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts

I have a few beers on the weekends to unwind with while I listen to music. And since I've gotten into trying some of the darker more flavorful beers I've come to enjoy them with meals as well.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Because i like the taste... also that sounds like a seriously fortified wine if it has burn.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#104 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Beer makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.
xMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 xMistress
Member since 2011 • 825 Posts
[QUOTE="ColdExistence"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] I'm a dimwit? So being a drunk makes you cool? Good to know. I hope your alcoholism takes off and you end up homeless on the street. Alcoholics are losers, and you're an example of that.TonyDanzaFan

Coming from the guy who admitted to getting high on pills.

Pills are safer than alcohol. The only dangerous part of pills are the painkillers with APAP, which in high doses damages the liver. Alcohol damages the liver worse, especially when the guy says he drinks multiple drinks. I hope you get cirrhosis of the liver and suffer a painful death.

Dude, Pills are NOT safer than alcohol wtf lol Pills are soo bad for your body, alcohol is bad too but not as bad as pills.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="ColdExistence"] Coming from the guy who admitted to getting high on pills.

xMistress

Dude, Pills are NOT safer than alcohol wtf lol Pills are soo bad for your body, alcohol is bad too but not as bad as pills.

You have no idea what you are talking about. It all depends on the pills. You take 8 vicodin, yeah that's not healthy. You take 4 xanax, you're fine. Benzos just make you black out. They don't do any permanent damage. Like I said, pills with APAP, which is tylenol, do damage to the liver in high doses. Amphetamines can cause heart problems too. But pills in the right dose do not cause damage. Alcohol is more damaging to your body in high doses.

Vraeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Vraeth
Member since 2005 • 1208 Posts

I don't drink, alcohol is vile and a waste of money as well as damaging to the body. Content with water and non-fizzy juice, sometimes I might allow myself one fizzy drink once every two weeks.Smokescreened84

Actually, it's scientifically proven that moderate drinking (1-2 drinks a day for men, 1 for women) is healthier than completely abstaining.

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

I don't drink that muchn anymore. I used to drink a lot in social situations becuase I am not good in those, but it never helped. Even when I was blackout drunk I was still shy and polite. I would just throw up when I got home lol. I like the taste, but not enought that I would just have one drink every day for enjoyment.

xMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 xMistress
Member since 2011 • 825 Posts

[QUOTE="xMistress"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] Pills are safer than alcohol. The only dangerous part of pills are the painkillers with APAP, which in high doses damages the liver. Alcohol damages the liver worse, especially when the guy says he drinks multiple drinks. I hope you get cirrhosis of the liver and suffer a painful death.TonyDanzaFan

You have no idea what you are talking about. It all depends on the pills. You take 8 vicodin, yeah that's not healthy. You take 4 xanax, you're fine. Benzos just make you black out. They don't do any permanent damage. Like I said, pills with APAP, which is tylenol, do damage to the liver in high doses. Amphetamines can cause heart problems too. But pills in the right dose do not cause damage. Alcohol is more damaging to your body in high doses.

Well I'm talking about sh*t like ecstacy, speed, 2cb, 2ci lol those are worse than alcohol.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="Smokescreened84"]I don't drink, alcohol is vile and a waste of money as well as damaging to the body. Content with water and non-fizzy juice, sometimes I might allow myself one fizzy drink once every two weeks.Vraeth

Actually, it's scientifically proven that moderate drinking (1-2 drinks a day for men, 1 for women) is healthier than completely abstaining.

Source please? That sounds absurd. I understand red wine in low doses is good for the heart, but not way a shot of gin, or vodka, can be "good" for you.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 TonyDanzaFan
[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]

[QUOTE="xMistress"] Dude, Pills are NOT safer than alcohol wtf lol Pills are soo bad for your body, alcohol is bad too but not as bad as pills.xMistress

Well I'm talking about sh*t like ecstacy, speed, 2cb, 2ci lol those are worse than alcohol.

And I'm not. Ecstasy severely damages the brain, as does speed. I'm referring to legal pills such as pain killers, benzos, amphetamines etc.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Helps me relax, can bring people closer and can taste nice. I don't drink frequently though.

Vraeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Vraeth
Member since 2005 • 1208 Posts

[QUOTE="Vraeth"]

[QUOTE="Smokescreened84"]I don't drink, alcohol is vile and a waste of money as well as damaging to the body. Content with water and non-fizzy juice, sometimes I might allow myself one fizzy drink once every two weeks.TonyDanzaFan

Source please? That sounds absurd. I understand red wine in low doses is good for the heart, but not way a shot of gin, or vodka, can be "good" for you.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholAndHealth.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alcohol/SC00024

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100824161432.htm

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/alcohol-full-story/index.html

Only thing I'd ammend is "generally" healthier, because as the 4th one points out, there ARE risks depending on different factors, but as a general rule it's still agreed to be healthier IF and only IF it's within the accepted definition of moderate.

And it is, in fact, the alcohol in the beverage that is the beneficial factor.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

I've only tried actually drinking only once before. All it did was make my hyper, talkative and dizzy.

Alcohol tastes horrible, and when I'm hanging out with my friends, we don't need it to have fun.

I've tried it once and I don't understand the appeal of drinking to get drunk.

When you think about it, it's actually kind of sad that some people need to rely on a substance in order to be social.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
lol @ the sources... there ya go bud! [QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] I'm a dimwit? So being a drunk makes you cool? Good to know. I hope your alcoholism takes off and you end up homeless on the street. Alcoholics are losers, and you're an example of that.

Ahahaha wow, I've never seen someone get so defensive over being called something as tame as "dimwit". All of a sudden I'm a homeless alcoholic because I know how to drink properly? LOL
Ecstasy severely damages the brain, as does speed.TonyDanzaFan
This is a myth.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 TonyDanzaFan
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]lol @ the sources... there ya go bud! [QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] I'm a dimwit? So being a drunk makes you cool? Good to know. I hope your alcoholism takes off and you end up homeless on the street. Alcoholics are losers, and you're an example of that.

Ahahaha wow, I've never seen someone get so defensive over being called something as tame as "dimwit". All of a sudden I'm a homeless alcoholic because I know how to drink properly? LOL
Ecstasy severely damages the brain, as does speed.TonyDanzaFan
This is a myth.

It's not a myth. Speed causes permanent memory problems and mood disturbances, not to mention heart problems. MDMA, aka ecstasy, causes permanent mood disturbances.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]Try one of those flavoured beers, those is yummies.-DirtySanchez-
beers taste like piss regardless, drink liquor like a real man

You have not drank enough beer.

OT:

1. Some of the beer I like the taste, and liquor can taste really good if mixed rigth.

2. Getting drunk is fun.

3. Alcohol makes girls easier to get.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

[QUOTE="xMistress"]To get drunk, Or to make a good night better, or to be more social. Although I get more clumsy and apperantly I talk like a stupid blonde when I'm drunk lolColdExistence

Omg this is so amazing :lol:

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

(TOWARDS THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY DRINK IT)

Was just wondering why people drink alcohol. Because it tastes good? To calm you down?

I also want to see what people are tasting out of it that I'm not. The flavor of the alcohol is just drowned out by how much it burns my throat, so I just wouldn't be able to get into any of it.

I even have one friend, with her 13 year old brother and 16 year old sister who all love to drink wine (not til they get s*** faced, just occasionally/when their parents let them, which isn't often), and they never complain about it burning, they just compliment on how good it tastes, though it may be because they're part Italian, but I'm part Irish and German, so shouldn't I love it? lol

Now I can say I never want to get into alcohol like I do soda, I was always just curious as to why my body can't stand it so much. I guess that's just how I will always be.

jesuschristmonk

sounds like you're drinking straight liquor. if you're drinking liquor, you gotta mix it with stuff :P

anyways, most of the time i drink, is to get drunk. but i don't get drunk every time i drink. some beers taste good, and if i have several of those beers, i might get a little buzzed, which feels good.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
It tastes bad if you shot it but it adds a nice flavour when using chasers.
nicksonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 nicksonman
Member since 2009 • 1221 Posts
Tastes good and I enjoy its effects, esp when you're with a chick.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#123 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
because late nights after a 6 hours gig with my band can get infinitely better .
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

i drink beer to get tipsy/drunk.

i drink mixed drinks, ie. Jack and coke, for taste and effects.

and to the person saying no one likes the taste. believe it or not, ot all alcohol tatse horrible. there are actually a plethora of good tasting alcoholic drinks.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]This is a myth.TonyDanzaFan
It's not a myth. Speed causes permanent memory problems and mood disturbances, not to mention heart problems. MDMA, aka ecstasy, causes permanent mood disturbances.

You may well be right but this is where I got it from. I don't know how reliable they are:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19370_the-6-most-frequently-quoted-brain-facts-that-are-total-bs.html

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Because I like chick drinks.

MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

drink a mixed drink those arent bad

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
Because it tastes good (provided you aren't drinking beer) and it makes for some fun times with friends. By the way TC when it comes to drinking its best to start out (as a newb that is) with various mixed drinks. Also stay away from drinks mixed with Vodka.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Serraph105

I can say I'm pretty sure no one trully cares about the taste when it reaches the level of beer, scotch and wiskey, but I can see where (my friend's family for example) wine would taste good. And Mike's Hard Lemonade had a nice taste to it.

jesuschristmonk
Whiskey effing rocks, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't like the taste of beer and at one point believed that hard liqueur always needed to be mixed with something.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#132 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

My family are wine drinkers so we pop out a wine bottle occasionally to have a glass together for dinner.

Yes, it's for the flavor. It enhances the tastes when I eat certain foods. I love high priced wines! To us it doesn't matter what age you are. I'm not much of a beer person, but I do like certain alcohol drinks that are served in resturants Too bad I am not 21 yet.

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
Because I like the way it makes me feel.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#134 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

To make gamespot visits more tolerable.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Serraph105

My family are wine drinkers so we pop out a wine bottle occasionally to have a glass together for dinner.

Yes, it's for the flavor. It enhances the tastes when I eat certain foods. I love high priced wines! To us it doesn't matter what age you are. I'm not much of a beer person, but I do like certain alcohol drinks that are served in resturants Too bad I am not 21 yet.

Gaming-Planet
The price of the wine does not determine the flavor sir.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
[QUOTE="Gaming-Planet"]

Serraph105
The price of the wine does not determine the flavor sir.

I know that, but I usually go towards high priced ones at around $60-80. That's pricey to me. I'm not sure what determines the price of them, but from most I hear it's from where it's grown and the age it was preserved.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Well, there's not really much point in having a piss up with friends if you don't have any alcohol. And should the occasion call for it, it's a good way to wind down.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
I don't,.I don't need to run away from anything. Besides, it makes people do stupid things they're unaware of.
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
Because I'm a goddamn adult and I'm capable of deciding what I want to do with my own body. I don't need to justify my actions to anybody nor should I feel compelled to. I'm sure there is going to be some aholes on their high horses in this thread but I don't need to have any explanation outside of I want to. Are we going to have to justify why we play video games next? Or why we like certain games? I type this after coming back from the bars on a Sunday night because MLK Jr. B-day is tomorrow and I have a dream that silly questions such as these won't be asked in 20 years. "Free at last, free at least, free at last, thank God Almighty we are free at last."
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

i like the taste,in some weiss biers(beers) you cant even taste the alcohol,it gets covered by the nice smokey taste.And i enjoy a nice scotch every now and then

Doktoraegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Doktoraegra
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

Because the cops wont let me smoke weed anymore.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

entertainment really especially at gigs, the smallest things at gigs when your drunk always end up being the best nights xD especially when you end up staying out all night on the lash with one of the bands your friend in a local band introduces you to.

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

I mainly only drink alcohol when I'm feeling really depressed. Otherwise, it's usually because I like the taste, and it helps me feel relax and loosen up.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I don't,.I don't need to run away from anything. Besides, it makes people do stupid things they're unaware of.abuabed

While it is true that some people shouldn't drink alcohol, period.....I can't recall the last time I got drunk as a means of running away from my problems.

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

I don't,.I don't need to run away from anything. Besides, it makes people do stupid things they're unaware of.abuabed

i have nothing to run from,i like its taste.I never get drunk,people who do are losers with no self control.Getting a light light headed and telling an extra joke is funny with the right company

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
It depends on what you drink and how you drink it. I love the taste of bourbon. I can skull a nice mix of bourbon and coke as I just love the taste of it. I also down double-blacks, as they are relatively potent for pre-mixes and has a nice zest taste to it. If you're talking shots, of course they burn the first few times. I almost threw up the first green fairy shot I did. However, you get an immunity to it. For example, my mate gave me some 95% to shot. He almost threw up due to the burn, but because I'm used to it I barely felt the burn and actually enjoyed the taste.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14833 Posts

It makes everyone around me look pretty.

Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
I love the taste of the stuff I drink... I do not drink everything though. I also really, REALLY love the feeling it gives me. Even only 1 or 2 drinks, which is what I regularly drink.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

I hardly drink these days.

I smoke weed instead.Much better.

AussieePet

Forum Posts