Why do you drink alcohol?

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
To unwind, relax, whatever.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#52 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

I love alcohol. I try not to drink it all the time, but I see nothing wrong with having a mixed drink every once and a while or having a good beer.

To answer questions about taste, yes I do enjoy the taste of my alcohol. It's an acquired taste, but I don't buy crappy bottom shelf liquor and I sure as hell don't buy crappy beer. It depends quite a bit upon each individual and what they've been raised to enjoy or drink.

I will never understand why people buy the worst of the worst beers on the market. I sell them daily at my job and then I hear about all these people who genuinely hate beer or a type of liquor because they had one of the absolute worst examples of said alcohol.

One of the best things about alcohol is the sheer variety available. There is bound to be a drink or two out there that everyone can appreciate and enjoy. Just because you haven't found it yet doesn't mean it's not there.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
I don't drink, alcohol is vile and a waste of money as well as damaging to the body. Content with water and non-fizzy juice, sometimes I might allow myself one fizzy drink once every two weeks.Smokescreened84
Actually, drinking a pint of beer a day can help reduce the chances of heart disease. Actual study.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Meh, I'm Italian and I don't like it. Race has nothing to do with it.

lancea34

You're Italian?

Not from Italy, just ancestry. Most of my folks came over from Italy within the last hundred years, so I still get a lot of the cultural influence.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Because alcohol makes me feel the way I ought to feel without it.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#56 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I guess it's just out of boredom. Most people's lives are pretty boring and it's nice to catch a good beer buzz on Friday and Saturday night, get a little silly and enjoy yourself.

I've always thought alcohol tastes like s***. Beer is awful, white wine is okay but I certainly wouldn't drink it if I didn't catch a buzz from it, and most liquor tastes like gasoline. But, watcha gonna do? Diet Mountain Dew just doesn't get the job done.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="lancea34"]

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Meh, I'm Italian and I don't like it. Race has nothing to do with it.

BATTOSAI76

You're Italian?

Not from Italy, just ancestry. Most of my folks came over from Italy within the last hundred years, so I still get a lot of the cultural influence.

Do you get a lot of agita whilst you're sat around eating Penne with the Bonanno family?

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
It makes you feel good and you don't give a f*ck when you're drunk
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="lancea34"]

You're Italian?

Ilovegames1992

Do you get a lot of agita whilst you're sat around eating Penne with the Bonanno family?

:lol: That was good! I do love me some Penne.

WickoSicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WickoSicko
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

I don't drink alcohol, since I'm living a healthy lifestyle, consisting of a balanced, nutritional diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ColdExistence
Member since 2011 • 974 Posts

I don't drink alcohol, since I'm living a healthy lifestyle, consisting of a balanced, nutritional diet and rigorous exercise routine.

WickoSicko
oh just because you do that doesn't mean you'll survive a nuclear holocaust, so why bother?
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

It makes spending time in non-smoking pubs bearable.

BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
It helps in lots of ways.
WickoSicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WickoSicko
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

[QUOTE="WickoSicko"]

ColdExistence

oh just because you do that doesn't mean you'll survive a nuclear holocaust, so why bother?

Nice way to look at it... Yeah, um, no.

You can have a great time without alcohol anyway, so. ;)

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
Because all the cool kids do it.
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#66 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
Just seems relaxing when I get off from a long day of work. I don't in any way abuse alcohol though.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I suppose it helps to loosen me up a little. Other than that, I know it's terrible for my health and I probably should limit how much I consume.
xMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 xMistress
Member since 2011 • 825 Posts
To get drunk, Or to make a good night better, or to be more social. Although I get more clumsy and apperantly I talk like a stupid blonde when I'm drunk lol
ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ColdExistence

To get drunk, Or to make a good night better, or to be more social. Although I get more clumsy and apperantly I talk like a stupid blonde when I'm drunk lolxMistress

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
All alcohol is not created equal. Tons of mixed drinks taste good to people who only drink soda and such. I drink it mostly to loosen me up. All that said, most people who claim that every alcoholic drink that touches their lips tastes good are liars. They either want to fit in, appear cultured, appear manly, or are just plain lying.
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#71 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
I remember seeing that on YouTube. I couldn't believe it... :lol:
xMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 xMistress
Member since 2011 • 825 Posts

[QUOTE="xMistress"]To get drunk, Or to make a good night better, or to be more social. Although I get more clumsy and apperantly I talk like a stupid blonde when I'm drunk lolColdExistence

Lmao I saw the video for that. I don't actually talk like a dumb blonde, I just drag on some words and my voice sounds a bit more "bubbly" lol that's all. I speak like a normal person, not a dumb b*tch lol
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
I don't. I drank for like the 4th time ever last night and it did nothing. The taste is AWFUL, it burns, and it didn't even get me messed up. I took a glass, half full of OJ and half full of vodka, took 2 xanax, 2 ambien, and I barely felt anything. My throat burned and my taste buds were destroyed. Alcohol sucks and I never plan on drinking it again, except maybe a beer if I am watching football with the bras.
ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ColdExistence
I don't. I drank for like the 4th time ever last night and it did nothing. The taste is AWFUL, it burns, and it didn't even get me messed up. I took a glass, half full of OJ and half full of vodka, took 2 xanax, 2 ambien, and I barely felt anything. My throat burned and my taste buds were destroyed. Alcohol sucks and I never plan on drinking it again, except maybe a beer if I am watching football with the bras.TonyDanzaFan
Troll troll. Troll. Troll.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I like beer coz of the taste and the buzz, but only a few on the weekends..
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#76 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I drink beer and scotch for the taste. I drink almost everything else for the buzz. Unless I have a lot of beer/scotch on hand of course.
Chevolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Chevolutionary
Member since 2004 • 23293 Posts
To be social, to cope with any kind of negative emotion, to have something to do when I'm bored, to help stimulate the economy.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

I can say I'm pretty sure no one trully cares about the taste when it reaches the level of beer, scotch and wiskey, but I can see where (my friend's family for example) wine would taste good. And Mike's Hard Lemonade had a nice taste to it.

jesuschristmonk
What. Whiskey tastes so good. Dat spicy flavor... Beer it completely depends on the type. Wheat beers, IPAs, etc. I'm not a fan of wines in general but I know why people like them. Some people like sweet drinks for some reason and I personally don't like my alcohol sweet other than some good ol' 100 proof rum.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TonyDanzaFan
[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]I don't. I drank for like the 4th time ever last night and it did nothing. The taste is AWFUL, it burns, and it didn't even get me messed up. I took a glass, half full of OJ and half full of vodka, took 2 xanax, 2 ambien, and I barely felt anything. My throat burned and my taste buds were destroyed. Alcohol sucks and I never plan on drinking it again, except maybe a beer if I am watching football with the bras.ColdExistence

No, I am dead serious. There's no reason for me to "troll." I'm not trying to get a rise out of anybody. Last night I just wanted to get messed up and poured a giant glass of OJ/Vodka and took those pills, and nothing. I felt a tad different, but not high or messed up at all. Just a little more tired. My tolerance for benzos/ambien is pretty high though. But I'm not willing to put myself through the pain of downing that gross alcohol again, especially when it didn't effect me.
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

[QUOTE="ColdExistence"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]I don't. I drank for like the 4th time ever last night and it did nothing. The taste is AWFUL, it burns, and it didn't even get me messed up. I took a glass, half full of OJ and half full of vodka, took 2 xanax, 2 ambien, and I barely felt anything. My throat burned and my taste buds were destroyed. Alcohol sucks and I never plan on drinking it again, except maybe a beer if I am watching football with the bras.TonyDanzaFan

No, I am dead serious. There's no reason for me to "troll." I'm not trying to get a rise out of anybody. Last night I just wanted to get messed up and poured a giant glass of OJ/Vodka and took those pills, and nothing. I felt a tad different, but not high or messed up at all. Just a little more tired. My tolerance for benzos/ambien is pretty high though. But I'm not willing to put myself through the pain of downing that gross alcohol again, especially when it didn't effect me.

Look out boys! This one is 100% tolerant to alcohol!

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ColdExistence

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="ColdExistence"] Troll troll. Troll. Troll.cheese_game619

Next time he tries alcohol, he shouldn't take other drugs, and he should consume half a bottle of vodka. I'm pretty sure if he comes back here saying it didn't effect him, he's full of szhite.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="ColdExistence"] Troll troll. Troll. Troll.cheese_game619

You're cool. Substances effect every person differently. But yeah, you're so cool. :roll:
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] No, I am dead serious. There's no reason for me to "troll." I'm not trying to get a rise out of anybody. Last night I just wanted to get messed up and poured a giant glass of OJ/Vodka and took those pills, and nothing. I felt a tad different, but not high or messed up at all. Just a little more tired. My tolerance for benzos/ambien is pretty high though. But I'm not willing to put myself through the pain of downing that gross alcohol again, especially when it didn't effect me.ColdExistence

Next time he tries alcohol, he shouldn't take other drugs, and he should consume half a bottle of vodka. I'm pretty sure if he comes back here saying it didn't effect him, he's full of szhite.

Lol at people berating me for not getting drunk. If anything it is a blessing. I'll pass on vodka. One time was enough. But hey, if you enjoy that nasty garbage then go ahead and drink it. There are other ways to get messed up than drinking stuff that smells like nail polish remover.
ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ColdExistence
[QUOTE="ColdExistence"]

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]

TonyDanzaFan

Lol at people berating me for not getting drunk. If anything it is a blessing. I'll pass on vodka. One time was enough. But hey, if you enjoy that nasty garbage then go ahead and drink it. There are other ways to get messed up than drinking stuff that smells like nail polish remover.

Well, you mixed vodka with too many pills. You wouldn't even know what it's like to be drunk on vodka because of that. Plus, you didn't even drink that much. Your whole experience with it was just a botched experiment. I don't even like vodka, btw, so I'm not trying to berate you.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Vodka is Sh1t.

Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 Welis
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts
I drink to stay socially with other people, attempt at getting girls or just to erase myself from reality for a period.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="ColdExistence"]Next time he tries alcohol, he shouldn't take other drugs, and he should consume half a bottle of vodka. I'm pretty sure if he comes back here saying it didn't effect him, he's full of szhite.

ColdExistence

Well, you mixed vodka with too many pills. You wouldn't even know what it's like to be drunk on vodka because of that. Plus, you didn't even drink that much. Your whole experience with it was just a botched experiment. I don't even like vodka, btw, so I'm not trying to berate you.

I drank the vodka an hour before I took the pills. And the amount of vodka was more than I can convey. I use a giant ass cup and half was filled with OJ and the other half was vodka. It was A LOT of vodka. I'm talking like 5-6 shots worth, and I have zero tolerance to alcohol. I felt light headed for a few minutes and that was about it. I took 2 mg xanax and 20 mg of ambien an hour later. And I still felt nothing. I was just tired. I just don't see the appeal of drinking something as gross as alcohol when there are other ways to get messed up. Taking a pill is much easier than chugging a liquid which burns and tastes like ass.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 coolbeans90

5-6 shots is nothing. I don't break a buzz from that.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] No, I am dead serious. There's no reason for me to "troll." I'm not trying to get a rise out of anybody. Last night I just wanted to get messed up and poured a giant glass of OJ/Vodka and took those pills, and nothing. I felt a tad different, but not high or messed up at all. Just a little more tired. My tolerance for benzos/ambien is pretty high though. But I'm not willing to put myself through the pain of downing that gross alcohol again, especially when it didn't effect me.TonyDanzaFan

You're cool. Substances effect every person differently. But yeah, you're so cool. :roll:

Yeah and alcohol just happens to not affect you at all! Mate you have half a glass of vodka, of course you aren't going to like it and of course you aren't going to get drunk. You would have to be a real lightweight for that to get you past a little buzzed. If you are going to drink it that strong, you are doing it to get drunk, so it goes straight down your throat. You aren't doing it for the taste. If you'd rather sit back and enjoy it, and get drunk after a couple of hours, make it weaker you dimwit. You made yourself one bad drink because you're a noob and all of a sudden you know for a fact it doesn't do anything to you and you don't like it, despite there being thousands of different alcohols and even more combinations to try.

And yeah I am cool.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ColdExistence

[QUOTE="ColdExistence"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] Lol at people berating me for not getting drunk. If anything it is a blessing. I'll pass on vodka. One time was enough. But hey, if you enjoy that nasty garbage then go ahead and drink it. There are other ways to get messed up than drinking stuff that smells like nail polish remover. TonyDanzaFan

I drank the vodka an hour before I took the pills. And the amount of vodka was more than I can convey. I use a giant ass cup and half was filled with OJ and the other half was vodka. It was A LOT of vodka. I'm talking like 5-6 shots worth, and I have zero tolerance to alcohol. I felt light headed for a few minutes and that was about it. I took 2 mg xanax and 20 mg of ambien an hour later. And I still felt nothing. I was just tired. I just don't see the appeal of drinking something as gross as alcohol when there are other ways to get messed up. Taking a pill is much easier than chugging a liquid which burns and tastes like ass.

I drank a whole bottle (750ml) to myself and blacked out. lol try that

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

I'm a massive beer fan - love the taste of good beers. I also enjoy really nice sctoch to have with my cigars.

I often drink to relax, in social settings, and because I really enjoy a good beer or scotch. I also like to get happy-chappy when going out with friends at the weekend.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#92 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I don't drink anymore. It doesn't let me be myself. But it limits your social interactions in this country unfortunately :(
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TonyDanzaFan
[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]

[QUOTE="ColdExistence"]

ColdExistence

Yeah and alcohol just happens to not affect you at all! Mate you have half a glass of vodka, of course you aren't going to like it and of course you aren't going to get drunk. You would have to be a real lightweight for that to get you past a little buzzed. If you are going to drink it that strong, you are doing it to get drunk, so it goes straight down your throat. You aren't doing it for the taste. If you'd rather sit back and enjoy it, and get drunk after a couple of hours, make it weaker you dimwit. You made yourself one bad drink because you're a noob and all of a sudden you know for a fact it doesn't do anything to you and you don't like it, despite there being thousands of different alcohols and even more combinations to try.

And yeah I am cool.

I'm a dimwit? So being a drunk makes you cool? Good to know. I hope your alcoholism takes off and you end up homeless on the street. Alcoholics are losers, and you're an example of that.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 coolbeans90

I'm a massive beer fan - love the taste of good beers. I also enjoy really nice sctoch to have with my cigars.

I often drink to relax, in social settings, and because I really enjoy a good beer or scotch. I also like to get happy-chappy when going out with friends at the weekend.

raynimrod

Good man.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ColdExistence

[QUOTE="ColdExistence"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] You're cool. Substances effect every person differently. But yeah, you're so cool. :roll:TonyDanzaFan

Yeah and alcohol just happens to not affect you at all! Mate you have half a glass of vodka, of course you aren't going to like it and of course you aren't going to get drunk. You would have to be a real lightweight for that to get you past a little buzzed. If you are going to drink it that strong, you are doing it to get drunk, so it goes straight down your throat. You aren't doing it for the taste. If you'd rather sit back and enjoy it, and get drunk after a couple of hours, make it weaker you dimwit. You made yourself one bad drink because you're a noob and all of a sudden you know for a fact it doesn't do anything to you and you don't like it, despite there being thousands of different alcohols and even more combinations to try.And yeah I am cool.

I'm a dimwit? So being a drunk makes you cool? Good to know. I hope your alcoholism takes off and you end up homeless on the street. Alcoholics are losers, and you're an example of that.

Coming from the guy who admitted to getting high on pills.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#96 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Because it tastes good, because it makes me feel good, and because you have to be pretty persistent if you want to not partake in the local drinking culture. If you just walk into a bar with a couple of friends here, the first thing they'll ask if you want a beer. You almost have to explain yourself if you say 'no', haha. Pretty bad when you think about it, but I don't really mind myself.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
It tastes like crap no two ways about it, I have never had a drink that tastes good, its either a horrible pop taste or just the plain crappy beer taste. I just drink it to get plastered plain and simple.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="ColdExistence"]

Yeah and alcohol just happens to not affect you at all! Mate you have half a glass of vodka, of course you aren't going to like it and of course you aren't going to get drunk. You would have to be a real lightweight for that to get you past a little buzzed. If you are going to drink it that strong, you are doing it to get drunk, so it goes straight down your throat. You aren't doing it for the taste. If you'd rather sit back and enjoy it, and get drunk after a couple of hours, make it weaker you dimwit. You made yourself one bad drink because you're a noob and all of a sudden you know for a fact it doesn't do anything to you and you don't like it, despite there being thousands of different alcohols and even more combinations to try.And yeah I am cool.ColdExistence

Pills are safer than alcohol. The only dangerous part of pills are the painkillers with APAP, which in high doses damages the liver. Alcohol damages the liver worse, especially when the guy says he drinks multiple drinks. I hope you get cirrhosis of the liver and suffer a painful death.
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

It tastes like crap no two ways about it, I have never had a drink that tastes good, its either a horrible pop taste or just the plain crappy beer taste. I just drink it to get plastered plain and simple.V4LENT1NE

All this means is that you really need to broaden your horizens in the alcohol department.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ColdExistence
[QUOTE="ColdExistence"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] I'm a dimwit? So being a drunk makes you cool? Good to know. I hope your alcoholism takes off and you end up homeless on the street. Alcoholics are losers, and you're an example of that.TonyDanzaFan

Pills are safer than alcohol. The only dangerous part of pills are the painkillers with APAP, which in high doses damages the liver. Alcohol damages the liver worse, especially when the guy says he drinks multiple drinks. I hope you get cirrhosis of the liver and suffer a painful death.

That's going to be pretty difficult for me. I've put drinking to get drunk behind me a long time ago. I don't do other drugs either. I just sometimes enjoy a beer or two (no more). But thank you for wishing death upon. At least when I'm dead I won't have to listen to your nonsense.