Why do many europeans hate america?

• 420 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
After we saved there arses in two world wars you'd think they would be grateful rather than hate us.kingyotoX
Woah dude.. "we"???? You were in two world wars? Effing hell you must be the oldest person in the world.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

Not ALL Europeans hate americans. I go to school in ENgland and we have quite a few american teachers that i prefer personality wise to english ones. Although the whole theory about americans "saving our asses" in world ware 2 is a lie. We fought the war for 5 years and america only came a month or 2 before the end. All those pictures of americans hiding from bombs being dropped are complete lies, as barely any air raids were peformed on america, where as they were mostly on English soil.ferron321

The US joined in 1941. The war ended in 1946. Those American teachers sound like ****.

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
Not ALL Europeans hate americans. I go to school in ENgland and we have quite a few american teachers that i prefer personality wise to english ones. Although the whole theory about americans "saving our asses" in world ware 2 is a lie. We fought the war for 5 years and america only came a month or 2 before the end. All those pictures of americans hiding from bombs being dropped are complete lies, as barely any air raids were peformed on america, where as they were mostly on English soil.ferron321
:lol: That was great. :lol: Tell me what school you're going to so I can tell my entire family to avoid it.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Its not just Europeans.. lots of people all over the world hate America. Grateful? wow, you just make yourself live up to the stereotypical attitude that so many people see Americans as.LJS9502_basic

I also don't understand why Americans want us to be grateful for them, I'm grateful to the America in WW2 and its soldiers, but why should I be grateful to America now? I don't hate the U.S. or Americans but I hate it when they say things like this.

No one really cares that you are grateful dude. But the bashing gets old.:roll:

I don't bash Americans and think its stupid to bash other countries. And ya I know that no one really cares.
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

[QUOTE="kingyotoX"]After we saved there arses in two world wars you'd think they would be grateful rather than hate us.DeeJayInphinity
Woah dude.. "we"???? You were in two world wars? Effing hell you must be the oldest person in the world.

: Please Watch This Who Ever Created This Thread :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQEcMTSgg5w

EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#206 EnigManic
Member since 2008 • 1804 Posts

First off, anyone who ever read a real history book knows American forces joined the fight toward the end of the war. Second, our governement had maintained this self-appointed role of world police so we can keep military bases all over the world. Our government believes it has the right to be in everyone else's business all the time, yet they won't solve the problems here in our own country, because they prefer to cater to the super-rich. It's sickening. You have no idea how bad I wish I had been born in Europe or Japan.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Lonelynight

First off, anyone who ever read a real history book knows American forces joined the fight toward the end of the war. Second, our governement had maintained this self-appointed role of world police so we can keep military bases all over the world. Our government believes it has the right to be in everyone else's business all the time, yet they won't solve the problems here in our own country, because they prefer to cater to the super-rich. It's sickening. You have no idea how bad I wish I had been born in Europe or Japan.

EnigManic

I doubt that any other countries government would do anything different if they were as powerful and big as the U.S.

ferron321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 ferron321
Member since 2004 • 3078 Posts

[QUOTE="ferron321"]Not ALL Europeans hate americans. I go to school in ENgland and we have quite a few american teachers that i prefer personality wise to english ones. Although the whole theory about americans "saving our asses" in world ware 2 is a lie. We fought the war for 5 years and america only came a month or 2 before the end. All those pictures of americans hiding from bombs being dropped are complete lies, as barely any air raids were peformed on america, where as they were mostly on English soil.DeeJayInphinity
:lol: That was great. :lol: Tell me what school you're going to so I can tell my entire family to avoid it.

Lol. Seriously? Because thats what my english teacher told me (She's American).

I guess shes a little deluded.

EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 EnigManic

I doubt that any other countries government would do anything different if they were as powerful and big as the U.S.Lonelynight

Um.. there are countries as powerful as us. You don't see them constantly meddling in everyone eles's affairs.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
When i was in Spain they were really racist with me coz i was american,screw them.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]I doubt that any other countries government would do anything different if they were as powerful and big as the U.S.EnigManic

Um.. there are countries as powerful as us. You don't see them constantly meddling in everyone eles's affairs.

They don't have a military as advance and large as the U.S.

Just so you know I'm not American, I'm a chinese.

Chitzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Chitzu
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

All the Americans who come here are probably going to say something like:

"What? Those bastards!" :evil:

And all the Europeans who come here are probably going to say something like:

"What...?" :|

I'm from Europe and I have no reason to hate America. I don't even CARE about America.

I'm not the person who wakes up in the morning and says: "God I hate America!"

Satanshelper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Satanshelper
Member since 2006 • 2812 Posts

First off, anyone who ever read a real history book knows American forces joined the fight toward the end of the war.

EnigManic

Im British and admitedly am quite biased against America, but thats just plain wrong. WWII started in 1939, at which time America was isolationist (didn't want to get involved), but soon they started helping Britain more and more, first it was loans, then welling military equipment etc until in 1941 the Japanese (who were allied with the Nazi's) bombed Pearl Harbor. From then on out America was involved in the war, until it was officially declared over after America dropped two Nuclear Bombs on Japan and they then surrendered. Now you (not you EnigManic, although you're greatly misinformed) keep on saying you saved our butts in WWII. No, you were saving your own butts, it just so happened that saving your own butts meant you were forced to save our butts. (Has anyone ever used the word butt so many times in one sentence when talking about WWII?)

ziggy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 ziggy87
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts

everybody hates america

just get over the fact that no one likes you

ColdRush88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 ColdRush88
Member since 2008 • 1192 Posts

You didnt save our arses in any world wars, and Americans dont use that word, stop copying us, you wonder why people hate Americans after you make statements like that as if we should respect you or something.. You are self obsesed, thats my main problem, we dont talk about ourselves as much as Americans talk about themselves, the sad thing is you probably think everyone else cares about America and thinks about it as much as you do.... but people dont care at the end of the day, there is no real hate, just annoyance, we cant be bothered with you lost most of the time, thats the main feelings I get anywaywizard90

Agreed. Your (Americans) also way too patriotic and think that you rule the world and act like yours is the only country that matters. I'd love to visit America by the way, it's just the people that do my head in.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I really couldnt care less about main stream america at all, as far as im concerned it can implode, explode or whatever else they can think of to destroy themselves.

Clarkson put it best when he said' 250 million wankers in a country that doesnt even have a word for wanker' LOL:lol:

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#217 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Because quite a few Americans are arrogant and self-centered.
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 soren008

[QUOTE="wizard90"]You didnt save our arses in any world wars, and Americans dont use that word, stop copying us, you wonder why people hate Americans after you make statements like that as if we should respect you or something.. You are self obsesed, thats my main problem, we dont talk about ourselves as much as Americans talk about themselves, the sad thing is you probably think everyone else cares about America and thinks about it as much as you do.... but people dont care at the end of the day, there is no real hate, just annoyance, we cant be bothered with you lost most of the time, thats the main feelings I get anywayColdRush88

Agreed. Your (Americans) also way too patriotic and think that you rule the world and act like yours is the only country that matters. I'd love to visit America by the way, it's just the people that do my head in.

Lots of people in America ... your becoming as ignorant as the Americans you hate ..

you cant disgard a nation, even if the fools are in the majority ...

"To generalize is to be a fool" William Blake

C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts

I really couldnt care less about main stream america at all, as far as im concerned it can implode, explode or whatever else they can think of to destroy themselves.

Clarkson put it best when he said' 250 million wankers in a country that doesnt even have a word for wanker' LOL:lol:

l34052
all this hate yet you have an American Rap star in your sig and avatar.
l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts
[QUOTE="l34052"]

C_BozkurT_C

The hip hop world is about as far removed from mainstream america as its possible to be.

C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
[QUOTE="C_BozkurT_C"][QUOTE="l34052"]

l34052

The hip hop world is about as far removed from mainstream america as its possible to be.

it's still hypocritical to enjoy an American icon, yet bash the country he's from. no offense.
kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

[QUOTE="falconclan"]People for the most part choose to pick out the bad things in everything, its human nature really. Its still ungrateful, sure we've done bad, as every country has in the past, but we've done 10x more good. We could still be Heiling the Furor. NaiKoN9293

to be quiet honest, Russia won WWII.

i think the russians lost over 1 million people in ww2. while DER GERMANS only lost around 700 000 people. I think nobody won

I think Stalin, won ww2 look at how much land russia got control over after ww2. Does the iron curtain ring any bells?

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#224 Kazona
Member since 2003 • 1377 Posts

I don't hate America, in fact I'm planning on moving there to live with my American gf. I do think, however, that politicians and the likes like to boast a little too much about their country and give themselves one too many pats on the back, like they believe they are truly the #1 in the world. Ironically enough, after having spent several years talking to people on the internet who are from America, most of the general population doesn't feel the same way; they are far more down to earth and just generally nice people.

The one thing that I do absolutely hate is that Europe lets itself be influenced far too much by America. The Netherlands, for instance, is slowly starting to turn into a mini-America and I really don't like it. That's not to say I don't like America--because I do--but it's just that we need to stop letting our own identity go down the crapper. I mean, we are a small country, tiny even compared to the U.S. but we have plenty to offer, and I'm almost starting to get the feeling that America itself is acknowledging that far more than we ourselves are. And that is just plain stupid and it annoyes the hell out of me.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 soren008
[QUOTE="l34052"][QUOTE="C_BozkurT_C"][QUOTE="l34052"]

C_BozkurT_C

it's still hypocritical to enjoy an American icon, yet bash the country he's from. no offense.

No it isn't. You don't hear much patriotic Hip Hop .... *imagines it then shudders*

Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts
Just for the record, anyone who automatically thinks someone from America is going to be an inconsiderate prick due to stereotypes is an inconsiderate prick themselves, if not moreso. Same goes for any other combination of countries.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts

They hate us because we are better than them at pretty much everything except soccer, rugby, cricket, and all of those other sports that aren't interesting.

Pittfan666

Oh Jesus Christ. :lol:

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="gifteddie"]

All I can say is that America is awesome. I also went to London and it was really cool there too. But never go to Paris, the french smell bad.

Verge_6

They're also damned rude.

And you complain about us generalising? :|

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts

I don't think all Europeans hate Americans. Do some? Probably...and a lot less than you'd think. It's because of the so-called "arrogance" we [Americans] exhibit. I think our patriotism is misconstrued as arrogance. Are we proud of our country? Yes. Do we have our problems like every other country? Yes. Are we all fat, stupid, and lazy? No.

Yet, I don't hate an entire country simply because I see a German couple at a seafood restaurant in Boston with a snooty look on their face when the restaurant doesn't have their hometown german stout on tap.

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
The only European show I watch is Top Gear. And I find it funny how they pretty much go out of their way to bash America
TheMassDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 TheMassDebater
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

They don't need to, everyone knows American cars are about as pathetic as the creater of this thread.

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Infinite-Zr0
I think people really don't know how stupid they sound
TheMassDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 TheMassDebater
I know, prime example ^ ^
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Infinite-Zr0
You make a good arguement [/sarcasm]
EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 EnigManic
They don't have a military as advance and large as the U.S.

Just so you know I'm not American, I'm a chinese.Lonelynight

Really? That's interesting, considering china's army is well over 3x the size of ours.

TheMassDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 TheMassDebater
Well.. yeah..
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Infinite-Zr0
Well this is going nowhere. Like arguing with a wall... Just more embarassing
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

Well this is going nowhere. Like arguing with a wall... Just more embarassingInfinite-Zr0

Then why do you bother?

TheMassDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 TheMassDebater
Well, that is your taste of arguing with an American. Enjoy.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]They don't have a military as advance and large as the U.S.

Just so you know I'm not American, I'm a chinese.EnigManic

Really? That's interesting, considering china's army is well over 3x the size of ours.

I wasn't aware that size= strength

EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 EnigManic

...Are we all fat, stupid, and lazy? No. ...FragStains

You people can call it a generalization all you want. I was born and raised in the United States and I'm telling you the majority of Americans ARE fat, stupid, lazy or a combination of the three. And most Americans are arrogant pricks who think this is the greatest country on the planet. It makes me sick.

BTW, I've been studying politics and history since I was 12, and I can honestly say that despite all the civil liberties we Americans have, including the ones which have been stripped away by the Patriot's Act, I would cash them in to live in Japan or Europe.

EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 EnigManic
[QUOTE="EnigManic"]Really? That's interesting, considering china's army is well over 3x the size of ours.Lonelynight

I wasn't aware that size= strength

Since you're so smart, why don't you ask a few US military generals how eager they would be to go to war with China.

deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#243 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts
America was alright until the invasion of Iraq. Then the respect it had earned just took a nose dive.
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 FragStains

[QUOTE="FragStains"]...Are we all fat, stupid, and lazy? No. ...EnigManic

You people can call it a generalization all you want. I was born and raised in the United States and I'm telling you the majority of Americans ARE fat, stupid, lazy or a combination of the three. And most Americans are arrogant pricks who think this is the greatest country on the planet. It makes me sick.

BTW, I've been studying politics and history since I was 12, and I can honestly say that despite all the civil liberties we Americans have, including the ones which have been stripped away by the Patriot's Act, I would cash them in to live in Japan or Europe.

Which is why I used the word "ALL" not majority. I'm not fat, stupid or lazy. Therefore, generalizing that Americans are fat, stupid and lazy is ignorant, by that fact alone.

And to be quite honest, I haven't noticed my freedoms diminish in the least.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 soren008

America was alright until the invasion of Iraq. Then the respect it had earned just took a nose dive.deshields538

I would say Vietnam to be honest ...

EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 EnigManic

...And to be quite honest, I haven't noticed my freedoms diminish in the least. FragStains

Then you are ignorant. Do some homework. Read the articles of the Patriot's Act. The executive branch of government now has the power to overturn Posse Comitus, they can send the military into American cities to impose martial law, they can apply an extended imminent Domain to seize any property inside the United States, they can arrest an American accused of sedition or treason and incarcerate that individual for life without a trial or any legal representation.

yeah, you got plenty of freedoms. Your rights to keep and bear arms, have an abortion and maintain personal privacy are the next to go.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Because quite a few Americans are arrogant and self-centered. Zaeryn
Not to be confused with an equal amount of Europeans. :lol:
TheMassDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 TheMassDebater
[QUOTE="EnigManic"]

[QUOTE="FragStains"]...Are we all fat, stupid, and lazy? No. ...FragStains

Which is why I used the word "ALL" not majority. I'm not fat, stupid or lazy. Therefore, generalizing that Americans are fat, stupid and lazy is ignorant, by that fact alone.

Just how free are you? Really?

Define free to yourself, then relate it back to your country?

No country is "Free" they only grasp at the roots of freedom, but cannot go any further.

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 FragStains

[QUOTE="FragStains"]...And to be quite honest, I haven't noticed my freedoms diminish in the least. EnigManic

Then you are ignorant. Do some homework. Read the articles of the Patriot's Act. The executive branch of government now has the power to overturn Posse Comitus, they can send the military into American cities to impose martial law, they can apply an extended imminent Domain to seize any property inside the United States, they can arrest an American accused of sedition or treason and incarcerate that individual for life without a trial or any legal representation.

yeah, you got plenty of freedoms. Your rights to keep and bear arms, have an abortion and maintain personal privacy are the next to go.

You should read my post better. I said that I haven't noticed MY freedoms diminish in the least. None of the things you wrote have affected me. NONE.
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 FragStains
[QUOTE="FragStains"][QUOTE="EnigManic"]

[QUOTE="FragStains"]...Are we all fat, stupid, and lazy? No. ...TheMassDebater

Just how free are you? Really?

Define free to yourself, then relate it back to your country?

No country is "Free" they only grasp at the roots of freedom, but cannot go any further.

I'm free to pursue whatever interests me, I can speak my mind, I can worship whoever or whatever I feel like. Clearly no person is truly free unless there are absolutely no restrictions on anything...so until someone figures out how to eliminate gravity no one will be 'free'.